Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial GrowCon 2020 | Information

Default Unofficial GrowCon 2020 | Information

Name:  jpK393Q.png
Views: 416
Size:  193.2 KB

Spring 2020, Miami

Hey. I am thrilled to say that I, and another co-host decided to host first unofficial GrowCon event. It will be taking place during Spring of 2020th in Miami, United States. I believe this is a great opportunity to get to know the community closer, have a great time, and play different games.

NOTE: This event is not official. It's not affiliated with Ubisoft in any way. It's hosted by regular players of Growtopia.

What will we have during this GrowCon?

• A lot of different contests and games with monetary prizes! (in order not to break The Growtopia Code, we will NOT issue prizes using in-game currency if the contest took place anywhere outside the game).
    • Snacks and drinks (non alcoholic, of course)! That's on us, don't worry .
    • We will issue laptops and tablets so we can all play Growtopia, and have fun contests in-game. (Yep, prizes included)
    • Huge TV, and Playstation.
    • Swimming pool. Make sure to bring swimming trunks and suits. Nothing inappropriate, though.
    • Lounge area.

Pictures of the community center where the event will take place.

Does this all sound interesting? Then make sure to get a ticket to GrowCon 2020 taking place in Miami.

For all the information, or if you have questions about the event, join the Discord server below. We will try to answer all questions you might have.

See ya all during GrowCon Miami 2020.

UPDATE

After discussing the things you were concerned about (mainly safety), me and my co-host have decided to make this event private. This means that it will be invitation based. This doesn't mean that GrowCon will not be taking place. It simply means that we have decided to host it in a circle of close friends. Feel free to message me on forums if you have any questions regarding it.

Sorry for inconvenience.
    Last edited by Gatello; 09-23-2019 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Removed Discord Link as requested.
    Hello. My in-game name is Kartosh.

Instagram: @Kartosh_GT
    Discord: Kartosh#5167

Hey. I am co-host of this event, and I would like to say that EVERYONE is invited to it. For more information, do join the discord server. This is where most of the announcements will be posted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartosh View Post
    Name:  jpK393Q.png
Views: 416
Size:  193.2 KB

Spring 2020, Miami

Hey. I am thrilled to say that I, and another co-host decided to host first unofficial GrowCon event. It will be taking place during Spring of 2020th in Miami, United States. I believe this is a great opportunity to get to know the community closer, have a great time, and play different games.

NOTE: This event is not official. It's not affiliated with Ubisoft in any way. It's hosted by regular players of Growtopia.

What will we have during this GrowCon?

• A lot of different contests and games with monetary prizes! (in order not to break The Growtopia Code, we will NOT issue prizes using in-game currency if the contest took place anywhere outside the game).
    • Snacks and drinks (non alcoholic, of course)! That's on us, don't worry .
    • We will issue laptops and tablets so we can all play Growtopia, and have fun contests in-game. (Yep, prizes included)
    • Huge TV, and Playstation.
    • Swimming pool. Make sure to bring swimming trunks and suits. Nothing inappropriate, though.
    • Lounge area.

Does this all sound interesting? Then make sure to get a ticket to GrowCon 2020 taking place in Miami.

For all the information, or if you have questions about the event, join the Discord server below. We will try to answer all questions you might have.

See ya all during GrowCon Miami 2020.
    not to be mean but some parts sound pretty sketchy, for example, issuing devices. Like who do we know you dont have keyloggers to steal your participants accounts, if it's a irl meet up, why not do it out side in a city area like at a cafe or a mall than like at someone's house, it sounds Abit dangerous especially to younger participants I guess. Good luck with your event though
    Last edited by Gatello; 09-23-2019 at 04:07 AM.
    IGN is Ezereal now. Feel free to add me in game Also check out my new Art Instagram growtopia account here : https://www.instagram.com/ezerealgt/...d=qpen3zu2x9np

Quote Originally Posted by ezereal View Post
    not to be mean but some parts sound pretty sketchy, for example, issuing devices. Like who do we know you dont have keyloggers to steal your participants accounts, if it's a irl meet up, why not do it out side in a city area like at a cafe or a mall than like at someone's house, it sounds Abit dangerous especially to younger participants I guess. Good luck with your event though
    That's no problem at all. We would actually prefer for attendees to bring their own devices for security purposes, but we understand that not all people are able to do that. Regarding your second point, the meet-up is taking place in a community center of a decent neighborhood. We still urge younger participants to get parental consent, and/or bring their parents with them.

Wow, where did you guys even get the budget.
    [ IGN ]: PandoRika
    [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

About me:

I'm a man of culture, true master of gender equality, keyboard warrior, a Chad of growtopia.

Leader of LEWD and DevilArc

aw man too bad im a kid

if theres ever a chance ill be able to go a growcon, then ill cosplay loo

I'm fooken 12 and hate life. Fook school
    Slowly building up a fake persona~
    Discord: scr0nchi#1435

Attachment 223346
    -tq rimouiii

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3as

[

Banned

Eh.... I don't have my money to buy an airplane ticket.

this is rather concerning
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyy View Post
    aw man too bad im a kid

if theres ever a chance ill be able to go a growcon, then ill cosplay loo
    Don't worry. If you live next to Miami, you can come with your parents!

Expect to see me waiting outside the night before! I am so hyped!
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

Contact Info:

Quote Originally Posted by Recreate View Post
    Wow, where did you guys even get the budget.
    This.

I'm dumb.

My Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/lukassoccer.gt/

ºVideo FX
    ºBooks
    If you have some of this likes and wanna be my friend PM me or msg me in game!

Update

Just went to the community center where the GrowCon will take place, and snapped few pictures. You can get a general idea of what we will have during this event. I do hope at least few of you will come.

Update

Just went to the community center where the GrowCon will take place, and snapped few pictures. You can get a general idea of what we will have during this event. I do hope at least few of you will come.

Seems expensive.

Bump.
    I'm dumb.

My Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/lukassoccer.gt/

ºVideo FX
    ºBooks
    If you have some of this likes and wanna be my friend PM me or msg me in game!

Lesser Wizard

Update

WHAT THE??!?!?! THAT IS A FREAKING MANSION!! Don't kidnap us and steal our wls pls

Quote Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
    WHAT THE??!?!?! THAT IS A FREAKING MANSION!! Don't kidnap us and steal our wls pls
    Yooo!! They are taking the effort and time to host such events... Shouldn’t you at least be appreciative... Not impressed bro.
    IGN [MOBILE/PC] Pokekid123

Insta account: @pokekidgt

I don’t farm. Just chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche View Post
    Seems expensive.

Bump.
    The approximate cost for the use of a community center is $149 for few hours. This does not include the snacks and drinks (we will provide that). Depending on how many people sign up, we will order at least two pizza pies, 15-20 bottles of soda (two or three kinds), some other snacks, and water bottles. We already have everything else. The total cost of the event which we look forward to is currently at $250.

It is somewhat pricey, but manageable.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Yooo!! They are taking the effort and time to host such events... Shouldn’t you at least be appreciative... Not impressed bro.
    Sorry.. I'm still just a kid(I tend to be weird sometimes.) I have big trust issues too.

I’m not gonna lie, this whole thing seems a little bit sketchy to me. I’m sorry if this sounds rude, but you appear out of nowhere and announce that you’re hosting some sort of game meetup. I understand it’ll be hosted at a public location, but that doesn’t mean it’ll be completely safe. No matter your intentions, it’s still dangerous, for you and for people who might show up. Not to mention your co-host’s username happens to be Ski Mask, which doesn’t help the situation, no offense. Unfortunately, the world happens to be a scary place and I just needed to voice my concerns.
    IGN: Cress
    — 𝒥𝑒 𝓋𝑜𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝒶 𝓋𝒾𝑒 𝑒𝓃 𝓇𝑜𝓈𝑒. —
    “𝒟𝑜𝓊𝒷𝓉 𝓀𝒾𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝒻𝒶𝒾𝓁𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁.”

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by YumYumCookie View Post
    I’m not gonna lie, this whole thing seems a little bit sketchy to me. I’m sorry if this sounds rude, but you appear out of nowhere and announce that you’re hosting some sort of game meetup. I understand it’ll be hosted at a public location, but that doesn’t mean it’ll be completely safe. No matter your intentions, it’s still dangerous, for you and for people who might show up. Not to mention your co-host’s username happens to be Ski Mask, which doesn’t help the situation, no offense. Unfortunately, the world happens to be a scary place and I just needed to voice my concerns.
    I definitely agree. It just sounds sketchy as heck! "unofficial" growcon. plus it just kinda seems too good for a convention center about a game

Quote Originally Posted by YumYumCookie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
    I definitely agree. It just sounds sketchy as heck! "unofficial" growcon. plus it just kinda seems too good for a convention center about a game
    I understand your concerns. If you live anywhere near Miami, feel free to take a look at the community center that the event will take place in. It has constant surveillance, and there is a security guard outpost few meters away from the gate. I hope you don't feel pressured into attending it. It's completely voluntary, and is simply a way for a community to get together in a place other than our computer screens.