Thread: How to create the WORST buy+ world

Default How to create the WORST buy+ world

This is how to create the worst and most annoying buy+ world
    step 1: royal lock
    royal lock the world and turn off chat and make the excuse of "no spammer"
    step 2: small vend area
    create a very small vend area filled with vends and
    make sure to use dark cave backgrounds making it impossible to use billboards
    step 3: create annoying mailboxes blocking the way to place seeds/blocks
    and ask for cheap items
    step 4: make people believe your world is not trash
    harder said than done
    step 5: profit and then get hated
    and then after you get hated
    beg a famous rich youtuber to buy your world

EZPZ

I feel like this is directed at someone
    IGN: Jyhnxx
    Level 19/125
    Got a bunch of Buy+ worlds for sale, check JYHNXX for prices :3
    got hacked 7/31/2019 :i(

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    I feel like this is directed at someone
    possibly two people.
    1st person has three letters, all letters
    The 2nd person has five letters, one number

*laughs in BUYCUTAWAY*
    IGN: Rovie
    Level: 72

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    *laughs in BUYCUTAWAY*
    Oh.... right...

I'm fooken 12 and hate life. Fook school
    Slowly building up a fake persona~
    Discord: scr0nchi#1435

Attachment 223346
    -tq rimouiii

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3as

[

Lightbulb

Don't hate on people for using their economic platform to their advantage

In fact, I think that if all BUY+ worlds started doing this, it would be GREAT for the economy.

First things first, it would require more EFFORT to sell. This means that people would be BC/SB a lot more. Because of this, people will automatically build more market knowledge, and may attract even more buyers/sellers than before.

Second, it would strengthen price stability by a ton. As I have said before, the biggest reason for price fluctuation is competitive selling, and when you only have 1 constant seller controlling the price, the prices won't be as shaky.

Third, this would eliminate my worst nightmare... BILLBOARDS IN BUY+! Having a public buy/sell board is a sure way to drop a price, or spike a price, in a matter of 2-3 days.

So, in all honesty, while it may be annoying to you - it may end up keeping your items safer (in price) then before.
    Hello! I am SamWOW

I am dedicated to doing what ever it takes to better the Growtopia community.

CONTACT ME!
    IG: @samwowgt
    Discord: SamWOW#8217
    World: SAMWOW!

Quote Originally Posted by SamWOW View Post

In fact, I think that if all BUY+ worlds started doing this, it would be GREAT for the economy.

First things first, it would require more EFFORT to sell. This means that people would be BC/SB a lot more. Because of this, people will automatically build more market knowledge, and may attract even more buyers/sellers than before.

Second, it would strengthen price stability by a ton. As I have said before, the biggest reason for price fluctuation is competitive selling, and when you only have 1 constant seller controlling the price, the prices won't be as shaky.

Third, this would eliminate my worst nightmare... BILLBOARDS IN BUY+! Having a public buy/sell board is a sure way to drop a price, or spike a price, in a matter of 2-3 days.

So, in all honesty, while it may be annoying to you - it may end up keeping your items safer (in price) then before.
    I don't think you've ever heard of monopoly and its effects when on the wrong hands....
    a simple lvl 55 noob

Lesser Wizard

Zeh? BUYDNA? XD

*cries in BUYCRYSTAL*
    Achievements:

Get Rayman's Fist [X]
    Get 100 Growtokens [ ]
    Get a Magplant 5000 [X]
    Get a BGL [ ]
    Reach Level 50 [X]
    Reach 1,000 Subs [ ]

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt8...WUwrIqiOFKjzZw

Let's try not to call out individual worlds I think we all know...
    Hello! I am SamWOW

CONTACT ME!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Skullition View Post
    I don't think you've ever heard of monopoly and its effects when on the wrong hands....
    I am very aware, but in such a small economy such as Growtopia, I personally think it's beneficial. The only problem in real life with with a monopoly is the fact that the individual seller or buyer cannot advertise or communicate, therefore they are FORCED to buy from the monopolized environment. In Growtopia, you have the ability to go to multiple worlds, BC/SB, etc. With that in mind, the negative effects of a monopoly are brushed aside, and replaced with price stability as a benefit.
    Last edited by SamWOW; 09-05-2019 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Sorry, I made some typos.
    Hello! I am SamWOW

CONTACT ME!

Cursed

BUYCASTLE

-the materials are already scarce and hard to find
    -r lock silenced
    -overpriced vends
    -dark cave bg? HA! NAH! world got all links from all castle blocks
    -mailboxes everywhere (example. *Item* in vend 20WLs, "owner buy *item* 5/wl") have you no shame, your consumers are at your face and you stick a sign saying this???

B B B R R U U H H H

Quote Originally Posted by Devours View Post
    BUYCASTLE

-r lock silenced
    -overpriced vends
    -mailboxes everywhere (example. *Item* in vend 20WLs, "owner buy *item* 5/wl") have you no shame, your consumers are at your face and you stick a sign saying this???

B B B R R U U H H H
    Keep in mind, that earns WAY more profit than just selling normally in vends. Yeah it's annoying but what if you owned the rlocked world. Think of all those dls you would make. Just respect their decisions!
    Achievements:

Get Rayman's Fist [X]
    Get 100 Growtokens [ ]
    Get a Magplant 5000 [X]
    Get a BGL [ ]
    Reach Level 50 [X]
    Reach 1,000 Subs [ ]

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt8...WUwrIqiOFKjzZw

Quote Originally Posted by Devours View Post
    BUYCASTLE

-r lock silenced
    -overpriced vends

B B B R R U U H H H

Just keep in mind if you owned those worlds, you would do the same most likely.(or most people would)
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by SamWOW View Post

...HOWEVER, it is still a jerk move to do.

1) Well, yes effort will be nice, but enough effort is already put into MAKING the actual item that the person is selling like Dragon Gates. After they already massed a bunch of items. They got to bc and sb now? This would be a factor/problem that would force the sellers to increase the price of the dragon gates to make a profit. Thus leading to less blocks per wl.

Less blocks per wl....seems like a familiar problem? Of course it is. That was the problem many people complained about. EVERYONE AGREES it is better to get more blocks when earning them like during the rework this PAW to increase the drop rates of things. That is...unless you disagree with the increased drop rates they added during PAW.

Point is, with a public board to advertise, less gemd are spent on advertising thus lesding to cheaper items. Cheaper items is a good thing.

2) No. What you said may be true but bad. Completely no(in my opinion). I'll explain why the price will still be stable(both from not rising to much or dropping) or beneficial to everyone but the BUY world owner

Rising:
    If the price of d gates were 20/wl. Now a bunch of people spam the board"BUY 15/WL". This will mostly not make any problems. The people selling the gates will either now sell them at 15/wl or still at 20/wl cause they know ehat the person who said "buy 15/wl" is lying. Also, even if the price still rises to 15/wl, it won't matter because the BUY+ world owner will still most likely keep the current price of his vends, so your stability in pricing will still be there.

What I mean is, lets say the owner sells the gates at 13/wl.

Now, the price is 13-20/wl.

If the owner royal locked the world, and people only buy from the owner, the price(as long as every other buy world relating to d gates is royal locked too) is LOCKED to 13/wl.

Yes...the price will be more stable...but in a bad way.(plus the owner may even get greedy and RAISE the price to 12/wl.

The main point is, competition actually ALSO stabilizes the price. That is because the massers need to sell it at a profitable price but can't raise the price too much of their items or else another masser will sell it for less.

Dropping: As I proved(or tried to), prices of blocks decreasing is a good thing. Still, it should be considered still. The only reason a item will drop in price is if nobody wants it or people are able to make the item for less/gets less profit. This is kinda the point, though. People will compete for the cheapest price for the most sales with profit. But after that, they can't go cheaper. That will be because if they sell the item for any cheaper, it won't be profitable. This will ensure the item won't drop to rapdily. So....problem solved(?)

3) I am assuming you mean billiton board, becsuse billboards would litterally do nothing the the price and can be used in r locked worlds.

Ok, so your problem is price manipulators.... I'll be honest, this is an actual point. Except not really a strong one.

Several reasons:
    Among all the spam "BUY D GATES 1/WL", there will be legit buyers and sellers. It is obvious who is a real buyer. Plus. Even then, the fake buyer can't even say "Buy 1/wl" if the BUY+ world sells the item for 13/wl. This would limit the fake buyers to give reasonable fake prices, so won't spike an item price to crazily. As for fake sellers....thats not a problem. Only worlds with vending machines or credible for the most part. As long as people follow that rule/tip, fake sellers aren't a problem.

Even if my grammar isn't perfect, Im pretty sure I got the point across.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

*screams in BUYCUTAWAY, BUYCRYSTAL, BUYDNA, BUYCASTLE*

I FEEL MISTREATED

I'm fooken 12 and hate life. Fook school
    Slowly building up a fake persona~
    Discord: scr0nchi#1435

Attachment 223346
    -tq rimouiii

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3as

[