Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to become "Popular/Famous"

Default How to become "Popular/Famous"

Hello everyone! My name is LargeFry. I have been playing Growtopia for just under 6 Years now. I have always had this 'craving' to become famous. We are talking about Zeh, MrSongo, Jamew7 etc. I know they grew with their YouTube Channels. But I'm wondering, what do people like to watch and how can I grow an audience within the game? I'm willing to do anything it takes. I want to have an audience on YouTube to feel like I actually am making people smile within my videos. Not just me talking to them in game. Leave any suggestions by replying to this thread!

Much appreciated, LargeFry 2019
    Achievements:

Get Rayman's Fist [X]
    Get 100 Growtokens [ ]
    Get a Magplant 5000 [X]
    Get a BGL [ ]
    Reach Level 50 [X]
    Reach 1,000 Subs [ ]

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt8...WUwrIqiOFKjzZw

Quote Originally Posted by LargeFry View Post
    Hello everyone! My name is LargeFry. I have been playing Growtopia for just under 6 Years now. I have always had this 'craving' to become famous. We are talking about Zeh, MrSongo, Jamew7 etc. I know they grew with their YouTube Channels. But I'm wondering, what do people like to watch and how can I grow an audience within the game? I'm willing to do anything it takes. I want to have an audience on YouTube to feel like I actually am making people smile within my videos. Not just me talking to them in game. Leave any suggestions by replying to this thread!

If you gonna use those people above as your role model... No one will sincerely like you... All your "fans" will just pretend to love you...

Better make animations like MrAmos or at least honest and hight effort content and not just boost your channel with clickbait and tons of endless and probably fake giveaways...

You might not get as popular that way, but at least people will honestly love your content.
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

My latest video: A surreal GT video

The perfect game dosen't exi...
    https://i.imgur.com/zIZ2Suw.png

Don't win your audience through giveaways. Earn them through your content.
    Don't be afraid to promote your channel and stuff just don't be desperate. Maybe some milestone giveaways/contests are good to involve community participation.
    Find what makes you happy in GT and turn it into quality content.

Find your competitive advantage.

IGN: Triangles (from G4mingReaper)
    Level: 82
    Guild:Derby
    Growtopia Join Date: October 7, 2013

If you're looking for me in-game, I got banned and support team is useless.

VOTD are much appreciated on gt, try for that as well. There's no saying that you can't make it without winning that. Don't stick with those three as someone said earlier. If you notice everytime someone sees these people, they "act" like fans, but everyone just really wants donations. I feel like being famous just comes from who you interact with and how many friends you create on the game. Because then everyone around you will be like "Who is that?" "That's *insert name here*" because will know you for who you are. Not for some youtube series.

NEED HELP WITH FORUMS:
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...-Forum-Manual!

Step 1: be rich

Signature v9.0

Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoesPBG View Post
    If you gonna use those people above as your role model... No one will sincerely like you... All your "fans" will just pretend to love you...

Better make animations like MrAmos or at least honest and hight effort content and not just boost your channel with clickbait and tons of endless and probably fake giveaways...

You might not get as popular that way, but at least people will honestly love your content.
    I was just using them to show the type of popular I have always dreamt of. I don't own a computer and I'm on an iPhone. I have no clue how to animate. My editing is average. I need to step it up though. Thanks for the feedback!
    Achievements:

Get Rayman's Fist [X]
    Get 100 Growtokens [ ]
    Get a Magplant 5000 [X]
    Get a BGL [ ]
    Reach Level 50 [X]
    Reach 1,000 Subs [ ]

Dont be so desperate
    Hello

I currently have 7,300 subs on youtube on my growtopia channel, and here's what I know so far.

1) You NEED a pro item like P wings, Da Vinci, L wings, etc. viewers will admire you (or get jealous) and will give you a sub.
    2) Profit tutorials are hott
    3) Pro kids SB a lot, I don't.
    4) Post AT LEAST 1 time a week.
    5) Good thumbnails are absolutely key
    6) Professional-Looking editing is very recommended. A lot of funny edits and stuff. PLEASE don't record on Bandicam.

Good luck.

PS: GrowTopia fame is not worth anything. It will not help you IRL in almost any way. I would 100% recommend you have a nice commentary channel or something. Its going to be tied to your personality, and not your DLS. I do not recommend wasting your resources, and most importantly time on GT fame, but its your life and I'm here just to tell you what I know from personal experience. Whatever you do, I wish you luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SYNDO GT View Post
    Dont be so desperate
    He just has ambitions, unlike some people

Lesser Wizard

Don't you DARE use NonCopyrightSounds I swear to God just don't. I'd rather have you use just the sounds in the game instead of bgm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
    Don't you DARE use NonCopyrightSounds I swear to God just don't. I'd rather have you use just the sounds in the game instead of bgm.
    Fade by Alan Walker intensifies

Signature v9.0

Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png

Quote Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
    bruh if u be talking shipt on my boy Kevin MacLeod ima run up on you

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Mask View Post
    bruh if u be talking shipt on my boy Kevin MacLeod ima run up on you
    Fade intensifies. It sounds good at first. But starts to get annoying after that.

I currently have 7,300 subs on youtube on my growtopia channel, and here's what I know so far.

1) You NEED a pro item like P wings, Da Vinci, L wings, etc. viewers will admire you (or get jealous) and will give you a sub.
    2) Profit tutorials are hott
    3) Pro kids SB a lot, I don't.
    4) Post AT LEAST 1 time a week.
    5) Good thumbnails are absolutely key
    6) Professional-Looking editing is very recommended. A lot of funny edits and stuff. PLEASE don't record on Bandicam.

Good luck.

PS: GrowTopia fame is not worth anything. It will not help you IRL in almost any way. I would 100% recommend you have a nice commentary channel or something. Its going to be tied to your personality, and not your DLS. I do not recommend wasting your resources, and most importantly time on GT fame, but its your life and I'm here just to tell you what I know from personal experience. Whatever you do, I wish you luck!

- - - Updated - - -

He just has ambitions, unlike some people
    It's not about richness, but about your maturity & content, to be honest.
    "Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right; it makes you free."
    - Stormie Omartian

Quote Originally Posted by TurtlePirate View Post
    It's not about richness, but about your maturity & content, though.
    Do you have any credibility to say that?

Lesser Wizard

I'd enjoy a ten minute video of people trying to block eachother using dirt.

Sometimes, richness don't matter, but your content matters more, especially if you have a good quality/jokes, etc.
    "Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right; it makes you free."
    - Stormie Omartian

Sometimes, richness don't matter, but your content matters more, especially if you have a good quality/jokes, etc.
    Thanks for all the feedback! I'm not the brightest of guys for ideas. I struggle with it and as a fall back I usually copy bigger youtubers. It doesn't work. Any way around it?
    Achievements:

Get Rayman's Fist [X]
    Get 100 Growtokens [ ]
    Get a Magplant 5000 [X]
    Get a BGL [ ]
    Reach Level 50 [X]
    Reach 1,000 Subs [ ]

Quote Originally Posted by m456 View Post
    Step 1: be rich
    Step 2: Flex
    [ IGN ]: PandoRika
    [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

About me:

I'm a man of culture, true master of gender equality, keyboard warrior, a Chad of growtopia.

Sadly, that's not how it works in Growtopia.

All Gt "youtubers" have crappy content, and still grow their channels fast. Because they have at least 10 BGL and use it to do fake giveaways.
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

If you want to start a career in content creating, you must have the correct mindset. One thing that most Youtubers have in common, is that they started YouTube just because they wanted to make videos. My advice is to have the right mindset and understand that things take time and effort!