Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: Weathering With You is a masterpiece

  1. #21
    Lesser Wizard Iamroi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Kidnapped
    Posts
    326

    Default

    It's good that it's anime, imagine live action. lmfao
    Everything depends whether you're hot or not.
    Currently quitted.

  2. #22
    Master Sorcerer TobyLerasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    2,488

    Default

    Please,

    I know that some of you don’t like anime and some of you do like it and I understand that some of you don’t want anime on the forums but,

    We all have different likes and opinions therefore our opinions matter, we should respect what others think, because, that’s how we will become a better community.

    This community is precious, and we should take care of it.
    Join Forumers United, Join now!

    All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

  3. #23
    Master Sorcerer xKaizoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    oh gawd i haven watched it yet but i clicked on the spoilers


    Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

  4. #24
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    4,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xKaizoku View Post
    oh gawd i haven watched it yet but i clicked on the spoilers
    it's okay,didn't really affect the plot
    IGN : Liquify

    To be talkin' to you,belladonna

  5. #25
    Master Sorcerer Crunchyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    New Berk/Hidden World
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamroi View Post
    It's good that it's anime, imagine live action. lmfao
    Live action? Please no. The movie would nosedive into 0/10 regardless of other stuff

    I'm fooken 12 and hate life. Fook school
    Slowly building up a fake persona~
    Discord: scr0nchi#1435

    Attachment 223346
    -tq rimouiii


    Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3as



    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    wow I've just been dragged into a cult

  6. #26
    Master Sorcerer Deftera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The Getsuyo Shrine
    Posts
    3,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    Please,

    I know that some of you don’t like anime and some of you do like it and I understand that some of you don’t want anime on the forums but,

    We all have different likes and opinions therefore our opinions matter, we should respect what others think, because, that’s how we will become a better community.

    This community is precious, and we should take care of it.
    And Dyn ain't gonna listen to you cause he's going to comment on every single anime thread
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:


    Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    Thank you for pointing it out. I am sure Nintendo regularly checks the Growtopia forums for such suggestions!

  7. #27
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    13,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Liquify does have a point, maybe if u watched the movie before deciding how bad it is might change your perspective. It being an anime is only one of the numerous problems which you haven't mentioned. Maybe you could state the others too?
    One quick Google search will tell you that it's romance, and that in my opinion is much worse than it being anime. Simply by that alone, the movie is doomed to be bad and predictable af (boy meets girl, they fall in love, blah blah blah, heard it a million times, nothing new here. It was already stale when Shakespeare wrote Romeo and Juliet, it's not gonna feel fresh now). Apparently the girl can control the weather or something, but it's not like the market is absolutely oversaturated with superhero movies right now or anything.

    I'm sure there's other flaws (no movie is without sin), but I'm not bothered to go through the effort of watching something I know I will hate when I could instead spend that time doing/watching something far more entertaining.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    And Dyn ain't gonna listen to you cause he's going to comment on every single anime thread
    I've yet to see a weeb provide a valid argument in any anime thread. So far from what I've seen, most of y'all only like anime because it is anime. The other half of you seem to be really into the child-looking girls, which is frankly quite concerning.

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    This community is precious, and we should take care of it.
    You still believe in the Growtopia community? :lul:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    no context
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcus View Post
    putting my mouth up to your nose and slurping your snot out like spaghetti.... chewing on your chunky boogers like little meatballs...mmmm...

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

  8. #28
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    4,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    One quick Google search will tell you that it's romance, and that in my opinion is much worse than it being anime. Simply by that alone, the movie is doomed to be bad and predictable af (boy meets girl, they fall in love, blah blah blah, heard it a million times, nothing new here. It was already stale when Shakespeare wrote Romeo and Juliet, it's not gonna feel fresh now). Apparently the girl can control the weather or something, but it's not like the market is absolutely oversaturated with superhero movies right now or anything.

    I'm sure there's other flaws (no movie is without sin), but I'm not bothered to go through the effort of watching something I know I will hate when I could instead spend that time doing/watching something far more entertaining.
    yeah,jumping into conclusion just by a Google search without actually watching the movie. typical,try coming back with a full specific report?

    I've yet to see a weeb provide a valid argument in any anime thread. So far from what I've seen, most of y'all only like anime because it is anime. The other half of you seem to be really into the child-looking girls, which is frankly quite concerning.
    I'm not a weeb but I'm just gonna speak for them, perhaps give a valid reason for your love for dragons when they don't even exist? see,people can have their own interest, (except for lolicons wth) like yours with dragons and instead of respecting it due to the fact that it doesn't even hurt you,you decide to on em all. be more mature perhaps?
    IGN : Liquify

    To be talkin' to you,belladonna

  9. #29
    Master Sorcerer Deftera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The Getsuyo Shrine
    Posts
    3,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    One quick Google search will tell you that it's romance, and that in my opinion is much worse than it being anime. Simply by that alone, the movie is doomed to be bad and predictable af (boy meets girl, they fall in love, blah blah blah, heard it a million times, nothing new here. It was already stale when Shakespeare wrote Romeo and Juliet, it's not gonna feel fresh now). Apparently the girl can control the weather or something, but it's not like the market is absolutely oversaturated with superhero movies right now or anything.

    I'm sure there's other flaws (no movie is without sin), but I'm not bothered to go through the effort of watching something I know I will hate when I could instead spend that time doing/watching something far more entertaining.


    I've yet to see a weeb provide a valid argument in any anime thread. So far from what I've seen, most of y'all only like anime because it is anime. The other half of you seem to be really into the child-looking girls, which is frankly quite concerning.


    You still believe in the Growtopia community? :lul:
    Oh I like anime because it relieves my boredom, not because it is anime
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:


    Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    Thank you for pointing it out. I am sure Nintendo regularly checks the Growtopia forums for such suggestions!

  10. #30
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    13,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    yeah,jumping into conclusion just by a Google search without actually watching the movie. typical,try coming back with a full specific report?

    instead of respecting it due to the fact that it doesn't even hurt you,you decide to on em all
    And the Google search can tell me everything I need to know. I prefer not blindly going into movies, Google can easily tell me if it's something that'll even interest me or not. This is one of those movies that doesn't interest me, and that's completely disregarding the fact that it's anime. Even if it wasn't anime, it's just not the type of movie that I'd watch.
    Last edited by DynPlaysGT; 09-10-2019 at 08:00 PM. Reason: ok that was a bit too harsh I'm sorry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    no context
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcus View Post
    putting my mouth up to your nose and slurping your snot out like spaghetti.... chewing on your chunky boogers like little meatballs...mmmm...

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

  11. #31

    Default

    Let's please keep the discussion civil, constructive, and respectful. This means that there's a spectrum of different opinions on the topic, all of which have the right to be voiced.

    That said, let's not post inappropriate content or bully specific players. Any further issues will result in the thread being locked. Thank you!
    Growtopia Staff
    Support Specialist & Moderator
    @daewud.gt | Instagram

  12. #32
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    4,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    And the Google search can tell me everything I need to know. I prefer not blindly going into movies, Google can easily tell me if it's something that'll even interest me or not. This is one of those movies that doesn't interest me, and that's completely disregarding the fact that it's anime. Even if it wasn't anime, it's just not the type of movie that I'd watch.
    then keep it to yourself next time??
    IGN : Liquify

    To be talkin' to you,belladonna

  13. #33
    Master Sorcerer effanx11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nowhere Particular
    Posts
    4,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    And the Google search can tell me everything I need to know. I prefer not blindly going into movies, Google can easily tell me if it's something that'll even interest me or not. This is one of those movies that doesn't interest me, and that's completely disregarding the fact that it's anime. Even if it wasn't anime, it's just not the type of movie that I'd watch.
    You miss the point. Lets look at anime from an observer's point of view. Someone who hasn't watched anime yet but sees a kid watching it. What is his first impression? It feels like comical relief to him and a waste of time. Something filled with cringe and animated cartoons. After much debate and discussion, he finally watches an anime series of 12 episodes long, and for some reason it feels mature and very emotional. He begins to change his opinion on anime.
    even tho my scenario feels half baked, I can tell you for certain that more than one person in my surroundings thought that anime was crap and after watching it, started loving it.

    As for the current example, if you were to base any series/anime on its genre alone then you are making a huge mistake. I can give you numerous examples where the anime/series is much deeper than what a simple genre search would give you. Take violet evergarden, a simple anime about a girl learning about emotions, you might think that its a boring/cliche idea, but if you were to watch the show I would guarantee that any person who is a heartless SOB would cry atleast once, I myself can admit I cried 3 times while watching the show.

    You have to at the very least watch the show before making any criticism. The shows are almost always so much more than whats on the surface.
    Avatar Credits Go To SnowCone

    IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

  14. #34
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    4,806

    Default

    I just rewatched it and oh my
    IGN : Liquify

    To be talkin' to you,belladonna

  15. #35
    Master Sorcerer Oma357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    (JAMMED!)
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I've yet to see a weeb provide a valid argument in any anime thread. So far from what I've seen, most of y'all only like anime because it is anime. The other half of you seem to be really into the child-looking girls, which is frankly quite concerning
    Anime is like TV series for me the only different would be is its animated which sometimes can be very eye satisfactionry
    I like how to you call half of the weeb forumers pedos just because a certain slice of the community seems to by community I mean anime community
    Also please satisfy me and show me a valid argument about dragons that would very much butter my biscuits
    Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

    https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:320x,crop:x800,quality:90x75/images/4a395a47cc1ac6d5c1141763cb3b5b1873f6b48f97bed31d31  0248a3523e00fb_1.jpg

  16. #36
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    13,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    I like how to you call half of the weeb forumers pedos just because a certain slice of the community seems to by community I mean anime community
    Correction, I call all weebs pedos.

    Anyways, I'm done trying to argue with y'all. I never even intended for this to become an anti-anime discussion but of course y'all took my words out of context and turned it into "dYn's jUsT hAtInG oN aNiMe aGaIN."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    no context
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcus View Post
    putting my mouth up to your nose and slurping your snot out like spaghetti.... chewing on your chunky boogers like little meatballs...mmmm...

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

  17. #37
    Master Sorcerer Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    3,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Correction, I call all weebs pedos.

    Anyways, I'm done trying to argue with y'all. I never even intended for this to become an anti-anime discussion but of course y'all took my words out of context and turned it into "dYn's jUsT hAtInG oN aNiMe aGaIN."
    Well isn't that what you do all the time when you see a weeb thread in the range of the first page?

    Like okay we got it you hate anime but you don't have to post it on literally every single weeb thread out there. We don't even disturb anyone by posting a thread about anime. So why are you disturbing everyone by bragging all the time about your hate to the weebs? Even an admin went as far as commenting in the thread so we all can stop arguing and fighting. All of that could've been prevented if you could just stayed silent.

    Quoting from The Growtopian Code

    TOLERATE AND RESPECT EACH OTHER
    .
    .
    .

    BE CIVIL

    As stated in the above code, please tolerate and respect each other regardless of the differences in views. This rule includes but is not limited to the following:

    • Treat the community and the individuals within it with respect.

    • Be tolerant of others' beliefs, cultures, and personal quirks

    • When disagreeing with someone make your points calmly, politely, and preferably, with evidence.
    Please learn to respect the others. Thanks.
    Last edited by Critical; 09-13-2019 at 01:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    I am an anime trap

    -Oma357

  18. #38
    Master Sorcerer Deftera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The Getsuyo Shrine
    Posts
    3,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Correction, I call all weebs pedos.

    Anyways, I'm done trying to argue with y'all. I never even intended for this to become an anti-anime discussion but of course y'all took my words out of context and turned it into "dYn's jUsT hAtInG oN aNiMe aGaIN."
    Your argument on "All weebs are pedos" is already an invalid statement

    First of all, not all weebs would want to have a "waifu" of some sort, they simply only enjoy watching anime, so does that make them a pedophile? Being called something pretty insulting just because they watch a TV genre for their own fun?
    Second, even if they have "waifus", that does not make them a real life children sex-offender, there are some female weebs out there too having a "waifu", does that make them a pedophile? Or part of LGBT? There are pedophiles out there who never touched anime, why don't you bother with those real ones?
    Last, you are fine for being an antiweeb, but not as annoying as your childish tactics bashing every single weeb out of every single anime thread, you cannot get rid of anime nor you can stop people from watching them, just grow up and accept this reality

    Your statement is "As long as it is anime, it sexualizes little girls", Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is NOT an anime that does this, same goes to anime for little kids like Pretty Cure or Doraemon

    https://www.quora.com/Why-do-lolicon...054&srid=N41O3
    Last edited by Deftera; 09-13-2019 at 03:55 AM.
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:


    Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    Thank you for pointing it out. I am sure Nintendo regularly checks the Growtopia forums for such suggestions!

  19. #39
    Master Sorcerer Oma357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    (JAMMED!)
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Correction, I call all weebs pedos.

    Anyways, I'm done trying to argue with y'all. I never even intended for this to become an anti-anime discussion but of course y'all took my words out of context and turned it into "dYn's jUsT hAtInG oN aNiMe aGaIN."
    All we are asking you is stop squeezing your nose into the threads we make just ignore them is that too much to ask?
    Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

    https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:320x,crop:x800,quality:90x75/images/4a395a47cc1ac6d5c1141763cb3b5b1873f6b48f97bed31d31  0248a3523e00fb_1.jpg

  20. #40
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    13,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Well isn't that what you do all the time when you see a weeb thread in the range of the first page?

    Like okay we got it you hate anime but you don't have to post it on literally every single weeb thread out there. We don't even disturb anyone by posting a thread about anime. So why are you disturbing everyone by bragging all the time about your hate to the weebs? Even an admin went as far as commenting in the thread so we all can stop arguing and fighting. All of that could've been prevented if you could just stayed silent.

    Quoting from The Growtopian Code
    [Growtopian Code quoted here]

    Please learn to respect the others. Thanks.
    Again, as I've already just said, I didn't even go into this thread with an anti-anime attitude (heck, prior to this thread I didn't even know what Weathing With You was). My main reasoning for disliking the movie was that it's romance, whether it's anime or not doesn't change that. It was OP who chose to perceive my message as an anti-anime post, and thus this argument turned into such. I'm perfectly open to differing opinions, but so far effanx11 seems to be the only one here who has actually understood my point and provided a compelling counter-argument. I'm 100% willing to change my mind, but you're going to have to give me more to work with than just "you're only hating on anime", because that's not the case here at all.

    My reason for going to anime threads is very different to what you may think it to be. I don't specifically target anime threads/weeaboos for the sake of it, I'm simply quite active on these forums and it just so happens that a lot of threads posted here are anime threads. You must also understand that, more often than not, I'm not even aware that a thread is based around anime until after I've already opened it, so there's that as well.

    By the time the admin has responded to the thread, I've already moved on assuming that everyone has voiced their opinions and this argument was, for all intents and purposes, finished. Of course, somebody decided to rekindle the flame and now here we are again. Now, if we could all just agree to disagree and leave it at that, that would be great; I don't feel like opening this thread again and just seeing the exact same argument phrased slightly differently again and having to respond in a similar manner.

    As far as I can tell, I've been about as civil as I can be here. I'd much rather you point out exactly where this isn't the case so that I may take it as an opportunity to learn, because you sure are not gonna stop any perceived aggression by replying aggressively. It's quite ironic of you to quote to "be tolerant of others' beliefs, cultures, and personal quirks" as you try to suppress my own views and opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post
    Your statement is "As long as it is anime, it sexualizes little girls", Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is NOT an anime that does this
    To be fair, JoJo is one of the very few animes I can actually appreciate for that exact reason, but unfortunately the artstyle's a bit too "uncanny valley" for me, so to speak.
    That being said, my statement is a very general one based on what I mostly see, I understand that it does not encompass every anime out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oma357 View Post
    All we are asking you is stop squeezing your nose into the threads we make just ignore them is that too much to ask?
    Allow me to remind you that these are public forums where anybody is free to look at and reply to any thread. I thought the whole point was to allow for inclusion and for different people to exchange differing opinions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    no context
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcus View Post
    putting my mouth up to your nose and slurping your snot out like spaghetti.... chewing on your chunky boogers like little meatballs...mmmm...

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •