Thread: What do you think when someone sells their WOTD trophy?

Default What do you think when someone sells their WOTD trophy?

I received pretty hateful comments when I was trying to sell my trophy.
    I explained to them how building WOTD is a hobby of mine, that I enjoyed it more than farming. I get my items from building WOTDs, and I love to express my builds through it.

It was quite sad that people think that I only do it for profit. I will say this, I don’t build WOTDs just for world locks, I build them because it makes me happy and achieved.

A trophy isn’t the only thing that can make you feel achieved.

So, what do you think of the people who sell their trophies?
    Anger, disgust, disappointment? Be honest.

Name:  02B03564-CEFC-4ED7-BA8E-8D0093E4EE35.png
Views: 64
Size:  481.0 KB

I also want to take this opportunity to thank for this WOTD! Thanks everyone for your support. Very loving.

Gratz, Kyeosi, happy for you. And oh well, ignore them, don't let them disappoint you because you're a cool kid.

And for the question, so, what do you think of the people who sell their trophies?

I have no opinion, they can do whatever they want with it.
    Join Forumers United, Join now!

All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    Gratz, Kyeosi, happy for you. And oh well, ignore them, don't let them disappoint you because you're a cool kid.
    I mean, I don’t just ignore. I really want to take people’s opinions into consideration. It isn’t easy. Thanks for the advice, Toby!

Though, I must admit that I fought. I told them that you shouldn’t accuse someone you don’t know. They called me greedy, I just had to talk back. Oof?

Lesser Wizard

I would call you greedy too, WOTD is an achievement not many can achieve, i would hold on my Trophy with pride.
    Hi

When I got a wotd I sold my trophy. It's not wrong nor greedy. I usually build expensive worlds (6-10dls get poured down when I attempt wotd) to ensure that the player enjoys the world and to make sure that the world uses various mechanics. I think it is more than fair to cash in by selling the trophy, especially considering the sheer amount of dls and hours spent planning and building the world. Selling the trophy is a great idea, unless you wanna hoard it. Realistically, nobody has infinite wls, and so selling the trophy makes you able to build more worlds.
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

I made a suggestion to revive most dead activities and to stabilize most unbalanced matters in the game, be sure to check it out here!

My minecraft youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by ooopsi View Post
    When I got a wotd I sold my trophy. It's not wrong nor greedy. I usually build expensive worlds (6-10dls get poured down when I attempt wotd) to ensure that the player enjoys the world and to make sure that the world uses various mechanics. I think it is more than fair to cash in by selling the trophy, especially considering the sheer amount of dls and hours spent planning and building the world. Selling the trophy is a great idea, unless you wanna hoard it. Realistically, nobody has infinite wls, and so selling the trophy makes you able to build more worlds.
    That’s the reason why I sell my WOTDs too.
    To be honest, the trophies I sold before where less that 4 diamond locks. So, I had to really sell my trophies to make more decent worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vandaler View Post
    I would call you greedy too, WOTD is an achievement not many can achieve, i would hold on my Trophy with pride.
    Thank you for your honest opinion.

Nezuko can later stand in the sun

Growid: RiMuOi
    Instagram: @Rimuoi._

I'm not curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Rimuoi View Post
    Nezuko can later stand in the sun
    Please don’t kill this cute demon.

I don't see anything wrong with selling a trophy. I've seen most of your works and this being chosen for WOTD is honestly well-deserved. You have a potential in making fascinating worlds and it put a smile on my face seeing you achieve this.

What matters is that you enjoyed building. Set aside the backlash you receive from other players, don't let them pull you down and keep on doing what you actually want. It's just the fact that they envy you for your skills and not knowing how much time and effort you put in to making these worlds.
    IGN: PixelJr
    Guild: Beta (GL)
    Instagram: @iampixeljr
    Discord: PixelJr#7411
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

Quote Originally Posted by PixelJr View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with selling a trophy. I've seen most of your works and this being chosen for WOTD is honestly well-deserved. You have a potential in making fascinating worlds and it put a smile on my face seeing you achieve this.

What matters is that you enjoyed building. Set aside the backlash you receive from other players, don't let them pull you down and keep on doing what you actually want.
    This post truly made me feel better, especially when it is coming from you. I’m glad that people noticed my older builds.

It's your trophy - you can do whatever you want with it. I spend multiple DLs on building my attempt (which failed sadly) and I planned on selling the trophy to at least get back a part of what I spent and I see nothing bad about it.

As a 3-time WOTD winner, I usually get told that I am merely doing it for profit. Well honestly, I am doing it to fight boredom; nothing more than that. Selling the trophy for a decent amount is not bad: for me, because once I sold it I can make a new world again and wait for the next one. The spare wls? I use it to collect worlds: rare names. Yeah, it is not bad to sell it the problem is those people who judge you easily by your actions. Don't mind them and do your thing, they are just jelly of your win.

Enjoy your win, your world is so dope I checked it earlier! Haters? Nah, those are just bunch of jealous people

P.S: I am currently waiting for my 4th win
    Visit my 3rd WOTD called SUMMERTOUR, feel free to visit.

Achievements
    *Win WOTD (✅)
    *Reach level 40 (❌)
    *Make friends (✅)

IG:@kaitonatics
    IGN: Kaito