View Poll Results: Permanent deletion or nah?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • I AM EVIL. I WANT EVERYONE TO BE DELETED

48 40.68%
  • NO MORE PERMANENT DELETIONS

70 59.32%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent removal from game is too harsh

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    it was example. Most of you underestimate others. You judge ppl by one bad action. I never do that. Guess what. One of my friend has actually killed woman. And i judge his action yes, but i don't judge him by his action. He is still my friend. Well i didn't know him at the time when he killed that woman, i learned know him 20 years later, but still. Ik most of ppl just would say that no, i wont even talk with you cause of your past, but not me. I asked why he did it. We talked about it and then i left that in past. So yes. I'm person who actually give second chances even for them, who made worst possible action in life. Under all their behavior, they are still humans, they are someones kids, husbands, wives or what ever. They are humans. So i strongly think that ppl can change. He never killed anyone else. He was in prison many years and when we met, he was my work friend.

So, if human, who murdered another human (yes he was in prison cause of 2nd degree murder), could change, do you think that player who broke some gt rule, can't change? I can actually open my mind and heart to ppl, who has screwed up in their past. I can somehow understand why they did it even when i can't truly understand their actions. So i'm queen of second chances lmao
    Obey the rules, and nobody will judge you, you won't get banned. Yes, it's that simple ma'am.
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

Master Sorcerer just one growtopian's Avatar

it was example. Most of you underestimate others. You judge ppl by one bad action. I never do that. Guess what. One of my friend has actually killed woman. And i judge his action yes, but i don't judge him by his action. He is still my friend. Well i didn't know him at the time when he killed that woman, i learned know him 20 years later, but still. Ik most of ppl just would say that no, i wont even talk with you cause of your past, but not me. I asked why he did it. We talked about it and then i left that in past. So yes. I'm person who actually give second chances even for them, who made worst possible action in life. Under all their behavior, they are still humans, they are someones kids, husbands, wives or what ever. They are humans. So i strongly think that ppl can change. He never killed anyone else. He was in prison many years and when we met, he was my work friend.

So, if human, who murdered another human (yes he was in prison cause of 2nd degree murder), could change, do you think that player who broke some gt rule, can't change? I can actually open my mind and heart to ppl, who has screwed up in their past. I can somehow understand why they did it even when i can't truly understand their actions. So i'm queen of second chances lmao
    No, just because a person you know could change themself, it doesn't mean that a whole comminuty in a game aimed at young people would.

Your friend killing someone can't be compared to breaking a rule in a virtual video game.

I also like how you're using youself as an example on how to act or treat other people. You might have got to know the person and decided that they're trustworthy, but you think the mods and devs have the time to go through every single person and decide whether they can "change for the better" or not is just realistically not possible. You're comparing one invidual experience to a whole more complex and bigger scale system. It just won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Prolly View Post
    Even if you're permabanned, it's not the end of the world.
    Go find another video game to play.

And it's possible to never been punished.
    I've been in game and on forums since 2015.
    Nothing's ever happened to me. I don't call it luck.
    I call it obedience to rules.

I'll assure y'all that nothing will happen as long as you play your part correctly.
    Gotta agree with this. Even though I extremely rarely play the game anymore, I (and many more people I know) haven't been banned a single time simply because they think before we act. You break the rules, you get punished for it. That's harsh, but so is life.
    ButterPeanut

Other stuff:

"If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life."

-Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Obey the rules, and nobody will judge you, you won't get banned. Yes, it's that simple ma'am.
    We need more players and perma banning too easily makes us have less players->kills gt. I am actually worried that gt will die sooner than we think. When i came in this game there was 40-50k players. Now under 40k and most of time under 30k or little over 30k. So we lost 10k-15k in 1.5 year. If we lose every year 10k then gt die after 3 years. I don't want that. So we should give ppl chance to learn from mistakes just like we do in real life too. Can't understand why all kids are against this? Is it cause you haven't seen life yet? I think it is. I was just like you all are when i was young. But i learned that i was wrong. Yes, i can't assume that you would be super humans and better than i was in your age, but i try tell to you, that you are wrong. Life will teach this to you just like it did to me. But then it is too late for this game. We don't have time to wait 20 years that all of you have seen little more real life fp
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

You are perfect ok. But rest of us are humans and we actually do stupid mistakes sometimes. But perfect ppl just can't understand normal ppl so i understand that you can't see this. Hope that if you ever make mistake in your life, you wont get second chance, then we can talk about this. Ok? Until that, i know that you can't see bigger picture. I'm old and i have screwed up in my life few times for real and here i am. I'm better version of myself cause of screw ups. Now i understand that i have 0 rights to judge ppl by their mistakes. No one makes mistakes by purpose. Or most of us wont do. There is just moments when we wont think clear and in those moments, there is risk that we do stupid mistakes. Cause we are after all, humans, just humans nothing more than that. And humans aren't ever perfect.
    I would like to know specifically what part of the rules you find restricting or hard to not break.

We all agreed to terms of service when we signed up to play the game. You agreed to the rules as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I would like to know specifically what part of the rules you find restricting or hard to not break.
    jokes. You can't tell a joke anymore in game or you get perma banned. I don't like that. And for real, those one dudes who made provoke world, well.. I don't like that they did it. I think they deserve ban yes. But why not 180-730 days and then they have chance to come back? They didn't break game, they didn't break economy, they didn't fill any world with spammers and made other game experience feel worse. They made simple mistake, they acted like immature idiots, but perma ban?! rlly?!

So if you ever have that moment, when you turn off your brains and think you do funny thing or provoke for fun, you don't deserve second chance? If you think like that, then i think, you think that you are actually better person than normal humans. And i hate when ppl put themselves on some platform and judge others from, there like gods. You aren't better person. You do mistakes too and if you think that you don't deserve second chances then i really hope that you experience it in some point of your life. Then you know better. Then you finally understand that sometimes ppl do stupid mistakes. We all have stupid moments, believe me.

jokes. You can't tell a joke anymore in game or you get perma banned. I don't like that. And for real, those one dudes who made provoke world, well.. I don't like that they did it. I think they deserve ban yes. But why not 180-730 days and then they have chance to come back? They didn't break game, they didn't break economy, they didn't fill any world with spammers and made other game experience feel worse. They made simple mistake, they acted like immature idiots, but perma ban?! rlly?!

So if you ever have that moment, when you turn off your brains and think you do funny thing or provoke for fun, you don't deserve second chance? If you think like that, then i think, you think that you are actually better person than normal humans. And i hate when ppl put themselves on some platform and judge others from, there like gods. You aren't better person. You do mistakes too and if you think that you don't deserve second chances then i really hope that you experience it in some point of your life. Then you know better. Then you finally understand that sometimes ppl do stupid mistakes. We all have stupid moments, believe me.
    You won't get perma banned for simply telling jokes. If you believe otherwise then go ahead and provide some actual proof. And no, it doesn't count as proof that some random guy told you a year ago they got banned for it.
    ButterPeanut

Other stuff:

"If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life."

-Bill Watterson

I have made mistakes. I've been hand cuffed and placed into a jail cell with people you would not want to be in the same room with. I definitely understand how to suffer consequences more severe than being suspended from a video game.

Part of growing up is living with the consequences of your actions. There is tons of Growtopia clones that exists. They can change and get a second chance with them.

There are plenty of appropriate ways to tell jokes and be funny. I would be happy to give some ideas.

I got a joke. My boss told me to have a good day, so I went home.

I feel that changing the poll to, “I AM EVIL DELETE EVRYONE” Is exaggerated, I mean seriously people who are perma banned are permanently banned for legitimate reasons, also it is stated that an account is “under review” whence it is permanent banned meaning if support finds that you ban was not worthy of a permanent ban they may release or shorten the ban....

(Solorien stated, “The only reason we ban accounts for 2 years is if they commit serious crimes. During that 2 year suspension, we review the account and all information connected to it. There are several reasons your account might have been permanently suspended upon review:

* the account is deemed to be a security threat (for example, banned for IAP fraud or "hacking")

* the information we found indicated that the owner of the account intended to continue breaking rules (for example, they have been evading the ban on other accounts)

* the account was suspended for something illegal in the real world (for example, sexual harassment or phishing sites)

If your account was permanently suspended, it will NOT be unbanned at any point.)

Here is where it’s from https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post1093358)

FYI, also permanent bans are not “Deletions” FYI the account is still stored forever, the owner of “TRADE” is perma banned, if the account were to be deleted then the world trade would have reset...

This whole thread makes me angry since punishments are punishments, they should be carried out, for example someone selling dis for money, these people often use alts, by perma banning even one of the accounts it significantly aids in the removal of this activity since the account owner can no longer access these dls, by banning this account through an IP ban many of the other accounts could become more traceable too....

Also the player base arugument, Its invalid, the perma banned people will most likely ban evade until they get banned again, and the process repeats, simply put by perma banning toxic and harmful players the community is improved apon as a whole, new players might actually want to play growtopia if the community were better....

I do agree that people change, but not over a span of 2-3 Years, legitimate changes in behavior take 5-7 Years not a short amount of time... EG as Chloe stated a murderer might change himself over a 2nd Degree murder prison sentence, much different than a 1-2 Year ban in growtopia....
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG

Quote Originally Posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
    How does ubisoft define a SERIOUS rule breakage? Some people who involve in SB drama get suspended. People who SB nsfw content get suspended. However, on the other side, people who get banned for similar reasons get different punishments such as a MUTE or a slightly shorter ban. I know that ubisoft have different types of punishments for different reasons but suspensions is just too far-fetched and some of the reasons for it are simply not valid.
    Bruh moment

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post1093358

Please read on “Why my 2 Year ban became a permanent suspension” Seriously they very clearly define why a suspension is necessary....

- - - Updated - - -

Some are innocent and get suspended wrongly. When they email support, hey get slapped in the face with an automatted reply that they will not be unbanned due to *whatever reason they were banned for*
    All accounts go under review through system logs, if the account is deemed innocent, they are unbanned....

- - - Updated - - -

Does super broadcasting a NSFW content 2 word phrase as a joke deserve a permanent ban?
    Does boosting in 1 tournament deserve a permanent ban?
    Does some scamming/ drop game deserve a permanent ban? (Sometimes given suspensions)
    Does autoclicking/ auto farming for the very first time deserve a permanent ban? (or even wrongly accused)
    Does sharing account with your friend or cousin with intentions of promoting the game do so much harm deserve a permanent ban?
    Does hosting a roullete game which does not involve betting deserve a permanent ban?
    Does involving in a drama through SBs deserve a permanent ban?
    Does pretending to be a mod AS A JOKE deserve a permanent ban?

Not to mention, some of the reasons for their bans could even be falsely accused. They COULD be innocent.

These acts are definietly wrong, which i do not disagree but the extent to which they are punished through a suspension is TOO HARSH
    FYI, The first warning for auto clicking/Auto farming is either a 60 or 365 day ban,

Secondly the first instance of any of these other bans is 60-365, only when these offenses are repeated is when a perma ban comes into place....

And again, all permanently banned accounts are reviewed, if the account is innocent they will unban them.....

Also pretending to be a mod as a joke like, sbing, “Me Mod” with usually AT MAX result in a 7day ban, not a suspension....

A permanent ban is never given without due process FYI...

- - - Updated - - -

Please, take a look at the bigger picture with an open mind
    This isnt just about THOSE players who got banned. This is about a huge Parr of the community. Many were banned for no reason or minimal reasons which do not deserve such a sever punishment. From a 4.5 rated game , it has dropped to 3.7 and most of the comments are related to being banned
    You realize that people who were accidentally banned, are the few people who actually leave a review, please tell me (Everyone here) How often do you rate a game in the App Store, or google play store...

ALSO, again, all perma banned accounts are placed under review, if they are proven innocent they will be unbanned...

- - - Updated - - -

Rules are made for them to be followed. They were banned for a reason.
    We may not know all the details, but I have something that tells me
    that they don't just use the perma ban for innocent people.
    Yeah, perma bans are only carried out if a person is proven beyond doubt to be guilty, the growtopia code is not “Guilty until proven innocent” It is “Innocent until proven guilty”.... AND even if SOMEHOW they make a mistake, the account is placed under review....

- - - Updated - - -

Hope a change is brought to the way punishments are meted out, a hope for a better future
    My point is, DONT FIX SOMETHING IF IT AINT BROKE.
    Found this XD
    1 DL Art Contest!

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

And now you assume how ppl talk in certain age. That shows again that you aren't adult yet. i am actually 37yo want see my passport? FP

Did you read anything? we lost 10k-15k players per year. Do you think that we should continue all like it has been or should we fix this as fast as possible, cause current way is wrong. We see that it is wrong, cause we lose players. When company loses customers, they normally start do things to get ppl back. Rn all goes wrong, cause we lose players faster than ever. So we need do something before it is too late. You live in Finland like i do. Even killers wont get life time prison in here right? We are country what gives second chances and third chances and million chances. So how you can even think that other country way worse punishment system would be better than your own country? See PW it is good Finnish example. They actually know how to keep players and gt should make things more same as they do. And yes, i know that i hit in sensitive area when i call kids and teens as a kids. But i do it, cause i don't know how else i could point out that you will learn stuff when you grow. I didn't believe it in your age, i was just like you all are and i would say much bad stuff in your age for ppl like me, but still. You need understand that humans do mistakes and they DESERVE second chances. You will beg those chance yourself some day. Believe me.

PS. Kun minä olin sun iässä ni mua ei voinu vähempää kiinnostaa enkun opiskelu. Nyt, tässä iässä kun ekaa kertaa sitä olen tarvinnu ni en tod lähe istuun koulun penkille jonkun pelin takia, kun pärjään sillä surkeellakin enkulla ihan mainiosti. Kertaakaan ei oo jääny vastapuolenta ymmärtämättä mitä tarkotan, mutta kun alhaiset ihmiset ei muuta tapaa loukata keksi, ni ne alkaa aukoon päätään surkeen enkun vuoks. Sori mut se on naurettavaa. Koita ens kerralla tukee toisia kun ne tekee jotain, missä ne on huonoja. Alentaminen on lapsellista ja äärimmäisen alhaista ja törkeetä käytöstä. Se et haukut mua mun enkku taitoihion vedoten, on äärimmäisen törkeetä. Meetkö noin yleensäkin nauraan ja osotteleen kadulla jos joku on huono jossain? Kypsää hei! Hienoa, keep it up! FP

Kattellaan kun sä ot liki nelkyt vee et kuin hyvin sä pärjäät asioissa joista tuili arkipäiväsiä tarpeellisia juttuja sun nuoruuden jälkeen. Sit sulla on varaa arvostella mun versioo musta tässä päivässä. Että silleen.

Need add that ppl who insult other cause of their bad english skills, caused that ppl wont join in forums. Even i hate write here, cause time to time some toxic ppl will insult me. Do we need these toxic players in this forum for real?
    Last edited by QueenChloe; 09-16-2019 at 07:33 PM.

How can I know that you are in your thirties for sure?

Saying things like "Fp" and having less than decent grammar doesn't really make you seem like a 30+ year old.
    But that's besides the point.

You are basically saying "If we don't release most of the prisoners for parole, they won't have the chance to learn from their mistakes, and the world will die".

I'm out of this discussion from now on, I don't want to deal with unnecessary drama.
    Please don’t question a person age, it’s immature.... Nyt oikeasti, mun Suomi keile ei ole Niin hyva just nyten siksi Mina asun jenkkisa, et saa arvota kuinka Vanha joku on... Mula Kansa on jenkilainen lapari, eta ei ole kaiki napulat.

- - - Updated - - -

And now you assume how ppl talk in certain age. That shows again that you aren't adult yet. i am actually 37yo want see my passport? FP

Did you read anything? we lost 10k-15k players per year. Do you think that we should continue all like it has been or should we fix this as fast as possible, cause current way is wrong. We see that it is wrong, cause we lose players. When company loses customers, they normally start do things to get ppl back. Rn all goes wrong, cause we lose players faster than ever. So we need do something before it is too late. You live in Finland like i do. Even killers wont get life time prison in here right? We are country what gives second chances and third chances and million chances. So how you can even think that other country way worse punishment system would be better than your own country? See PW it is good Finnish example. They actually know how to keep players and gt should make things more same as they do. And yes, i know that i hit in sensitive area when i call kids and teens as a kids. But i do it, cause i don't know how else i could point out that you will learn stuff when you grow. I didn't believe it in your age, i was just like you all are and i would say much bad stuff in your age for ppl like me, but still. You need understand that humans do mistakes and they DESERVE second chances. You will beg those chance yourself some day. Believe me.

PS. Kun minä olin sun iässä ni mua ei voinu vähempää kiinnostaa enkun opiskelu. Nyt, tässä iässä kun ekaa kertaa sitä olen tarvinnu ni en tod lähe istuun koulun penkille jonkun pelin takia, kun pärjään sillä surkeellakin enkulla ihan mainiosti. Kertaakaan ei oo jääny vastapuolenta ymmärtämättä mitä tarkotan, mutta kun alhaiset ihmiset ei muuta tapaa loukata keksi, ni ne alkaa aukoon päätään surkeen enkun vuoks. Sori mut se on naurettavaa. Koita ens kerralla tukee toisia kun ne tekee jotain, missä ne on huonoja. Alentaminen on lapsellista ja äärimmäisen alhaista ja törkeetä käytöstä. Se et haukut mua mun enkku taitoihion vedoten, on äärimmäisen törkeetä. Meetkö noin yleensäkin nauraan ja osotteleen kadulla jos joku on huono jossain? Kypsää hei! Hienoa, keep it up! FP

Kattellaan kun sä ot liki nelkyt vee et kuin hyvin sä pärjäät asioissa joista tuili arkipäiväsiä tarpeellisia juttuja sun nuoruuden jälkeen. Sit sulla on varaa arvostella mun versioo musta tässä päivässä. Että silleen.
    Ughhhhhh, soumaliset on hyva typiit, soumaliset voi vaihta, jenkkilaiset, Vitu ei ikina.

Shoot this is Turining very toxic, also that 15-10k Is probably not just banned players, it’s most likely people who just lost interest in the game, simply put people are starting to play other games due to the community reaction that growtopia pulls, basically, “Ewww you play growtopia” No kid wants that.

The game needs to become more mainstream, eg, the stupid western audience. Most video games in the US are so dumbed down that anyone can play them, that’s what makes them popular.

Complicated games like, Warzone2100, From the depths, EVE Online, and finally growtopia will never reach the western audience like Fortnite, or COD, simply because those games are too complicated, and the average American is not very complicated...
    Found this XD
    1 DL Art Contest!

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

Quote Originally Posted by Lopyhupis View Post
    Please don’t question a person age, it’s immature.... Nyt oikeasti, mun Suomi keile ei ole Niin hyva just nyten siksi Mina asun jenkkisa, et saa arvota kuinka Vanha joku on... Mula Kansa on jenkilainen lapari, eta ei ole kaiki napulat.

- - - Updated - - -

Ughhhhhh, soumaliset on hyva typiit, soumaliset voi vaihta, jenkkilaiset, Vitu ei ikina.

Shoot this is Turining very toxic, also that 15-10k Is probably not just banned players, it’s most likely people who just lost interest in the game, simply put people are starting to play other games due to the community reaction that growtopia pulls, basically, “Ewww you play growtopia” No kid wants that.
    Yeah, i know that those 10k-15k isn't banned. My point is, if we wont change much stuff in game, this game will die. So basically we are so desperate rn that we should give more chances, so we could keep even some of those players, who would actually want stay here, but who got banned cause of some less bad reason.

I guess I’ll put my two cents in before the thread gets locked and the idea is shut down forever.

Permanently suspending people should be reserved for the worst of all punishments, but GROWTOPIA really seems to have a one strike and you’re out policy that most other mmo’s don’t have. This is most likely due to the younger audience of the game.

Honestly, all the people that have been permanently suspended for stupid or minor things is such a large number but they don’t have the time or want to put in the effort to go through with unbanning people.

Long story short, this wouldn’t happen but having it happen would be extremely interesting.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

Ehkä tämä drama pitäis pikkusen vähän rauhoituu.

I used google translator -_-
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Yeah, i know that those 10k-15k isn't banned. My point is, if we wont change much stuff in game, this game will die. So basically we are so desperate rn that we should give more chances, so we could keep even some of those players, who would actually want stay here, but who got banned cause of some less bad reason.
    yeah, no . . .

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post

If it’s started, it’s not going to stop until the thread is closed.
    Found this XD
    1 DL Art Contest!

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

If it’s started, it’s not going to stop until the thread is closed.
    Well, the debate obviously isn't going anywhere so there's really no point in continuing.
    ButterPeanut

Other stuff:

-Bill Watterson

You completely ignored what I said but it doesn't go with your modus operandi so I'm not surprised.
    IGN - Jud
    Main world - LR

Goal -
    Title - 07%/100%

Quote Originally Posted by SydeWeiz View Post

so grammar. Google translator is total noob. And there's no drama, don't worry.

Master Sorcerer

- - - Updated - - -

The game needs to become more mainstream, eg, the stupid western audience. Most video games in the US are so dumbed down that anyone can play them, that’s what makes them popular.

Complicated games like, Warzone2100, From the depths, EVE Online, and finally growtopia will never reach the western audience like Fortnite, or COD, simply because those games are too complicated, and the average American is not very complicated...

> this is turning very toxic
    > proceeds to call all Americans stupid
    This space is empty, just like the space in my skull.