View Poll Results: Permanent deletion or nah?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • I AM EVIL. I WANT EVERYONE TO BE DELETED

    48 40.68%
  • NO MORE PERMANENT DELETIONS

    70 59.32%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 261

Thread: Permanent removal from game is too harsh

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard Leqend of Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dirt
    Posts
    130

    Default Permanent removal from game is too harsh

    As you all know, you have to deal with the fact that growtopia IS dying. Players online in the morning are as low as 6k online and peak hours surg at 40k-50k which is lesser than previous years of up to 60k players. I am not against the game or anything but i feel that something must be done and changed about this.

    This thread is not targetted to those famous/ rich people but in fact, a major portion of the growtopia community. Thousands of players are getting suspended be it by accident, mild reasons and even severely illegal reasons. People get suspended for no reason such as being the scapegoat of a drama or whatever reason. Some get suspended for little reasons which do not have to result in such a harsh punishment such as being toxic or causing drama in SBs. There are also players doing illegal things such as hacking or casino activities. HOWEVER, the fact that ubisoft bans innocent players who do nothing wrong is absolutely WRONG! For example, a player *CENSORED* who got hacked gets banned by a moderator so that the hacker can stop cerating further problems as the moderator is trying to help him. HOWEVER, he never gets unbanned after that and loses everything he possessed. This is just one of the several bans which are not worth it. Another example, a really rich and famous player who invested tons of hours and hardship on the game, boost 1 tournament and for that, gets a permanent suspension instead of a tournament ban or normal ban which is slightly harsher.

    The point is being suspended from the game is too of harsh punishment, affecting a major part of the community. Being permanently removed from the game after years of hardwork and dedication, over a really mild/ severe or even an invalid issue. As you can see from the results, growtopia already lost a major portion of the community. Maybe scammers who have been suspended have learnt their lesson and want to turn over a new leaf?

    As a solution, i think that the idea of suspensions on less severe crimes should be removed . It should be replaced with a maybe 1 year ban, or at most a 2 year ban. However, being suspended forever isnt just the best idea. All the effort and time of the thousands of people is futile. However, players who have done IAP frauds, hacking, CSN hosting/ spammers/ exploiting, etc. should be given a permanent ban as it harms the community.

    However, players who get punished for vulgarity/ drama in SB/ pretending to be a mod/ autoclicking/ scamming. Should be given less harmful punishment. IM NOT SAYING THAY THEY SHOULDNT BE PUNISHED. They should still be dealt with a painful and ahrsh punishment such as a very long 180/360/720 day ban. Im sure they will learn their lesson and never repeat it.

    Now, many of you might be totally against this idea as you are not banned and completely happy. But keep in mind of those innocent friends and people who got banned or deserved a punishment that wasnt a permanent deletion from the game. What do you guys think of a non- suspension related bans?

    This is the voice of part of the community which has been shut down. We hope, ubisoft has a change in their system to further improve the quality of the game. Thanks.

    I am truly grateful to everyone who supports this suggestion as it will leave a huge impact on the game and can change things for the better. THANKS TO EVERY SUPPORT!

    FYI POLL IS WRONG THERE WILL BE SUSPENSIONS but those are reserved for extremely serious crimes such as IAP fruads/ spammers/ csn host/ exploiting/ etc.. Less serious crimes which are still deemed to be bad offences should be given very long bans as stated such as 180/360/730 day bans. The person will surely change and not make a repeat of their action such as toxicity/scamming/ autofarming. It is more of a hope that they learnt their lesson and will not repeat it. But, if the crime is commited again even after their long ban is removed, they will be given a suspension.
    Last edited by Leqend of Legend; 09-17-2019 at 11:23 AM.
    I
    IGN- Leqend
    ----------------------
    Level 92
    ----------------------
    Guild- Company
    ----------------------
    Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
    ----------------------
    Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Chopin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Timmies
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Maybe not removed but maybe reserved for the most serious rule breakers?
    To thine own self be true,
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,
    thou canst not then be false to any man.


    I have read through Ubisoft's ToS and EULA, feel free to ask any questions!

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard Leqend of Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dirt
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
    Maybe not removed but maybe reserved for the most serious rule breakers?
    How does ubisoft define a SERIOUS rule breakage? Some people who involve in SB drama get suspended. People who SB nsfw content get suspended. However, on the other side, people who get banned for similar reasons get different punishments such as a MUTE or a slightly shorter ban. I know that ubisoft have different types of punishments for different reasons but suspensions is just too far-fetched and some of the reasons for it are simply not valid.
    I
    IGN- Leqend
    ----------------------
    Level 92
    ----------------------
    Guild- Company
    ----------------------
    Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
    ----------------------
    Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Chopin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Timmies
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
    How does ubisoft define a SERIOUS rule breakage? Some people who involve in SB drama get suspended. People who SB nsfw content get suspended. However, on the other side, people who get banned for similar reasons get different punishments such as a MUTE or a slightly shorter ban. I know that ubisoft have different types of punishments for different reasons but suspensions is just too far-fetched and some of the reasons for it are simply not valid.
    Anything that breaks ToS should be deemed serious enough to lead to suspension.
    To thine own self be true,
    and it must follow,
    as the night the day,
    thou canst not then be false to any man.


    I have read through Ubisoft's ToS and EULA, feel free to ask any questions!

  5. #5
    Lesser Wizard Leqend of Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dirt
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Some are innocent and get suspended wrongly. When they email support, hey get slapped in the face with an automatted reply that they will not be unbanned due to *whatever reason they were banned for*
    I
    IGN- Leqend
    ----------------------
    Level 92
    ----------------------
    Guild- Company
    ----------------------
    Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
    ----------------------
    Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

  6. #6
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    SUCK IT UP!
    Posts
    390

    Default

    I think suspension should be only given to those who host casino/owner, those who do iap fraud and those who keep fking the server.
    i think exploiting bug in game is not deserve a perma ban because in the first place its ubisoft fault why there is a bug.
    It is only thought

  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard Kartosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Suspensions are reserved for the most extreme cases: IAP Fraud, NSFW Content, Selling in-game content, etc. All of them are fairly worthy of a suspension.
    Hello. My in-game name is Kartosh.

    Instagram: @Kartosh_GT
    Discord: Kartosh#5167

  8. #8
    Lesser Wizard Leqend of Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dirt
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kartosh View Post
    Suspensions are reserved for the most extreme cases: IAP Fraud, NSFW Content, Selling in-game content, etc. All of them are fairly worthy of a suspension.
    Does super broadcasting a NSFW content 2 word phrase as a joke deserve a permanent ban?
    Does boosting in 1 tournament deserve a permanent ban?
    Does some scamming/ drop game deserve a permanent ban? (Sometimes given suspensions)
    Does autoclicking/ auto farming for the very first time deserve a permanent ban? (or even wrongly accused)
    Does sharing account with your friend or cousin with intentions of promoting the game do so much harm deserve a permanent ban?
    Does hosting a roullete game which does not involve betting deserve a permanent ban?
    Does involving in a drama through SBs deserve a permanent ban?
    Does pretending to be a mod AS A JOKE deserve a permanent ban?

    Not to mention, some of the reasons for their bans could even be falsely accused. They COULD be innocent.

    These acts are definietly wrong, which i do not disagree but the extent to which they are punished through a suspension is TOO HARSH
    I
    IGN- Leqend
    ----------------------
    Level 92
    ----------------------
    Guild- Company
    ----------------------
    Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
    ----------------------
    Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer EerieGt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
    Does super broadcasting a NSFW content 2 word phrase as a joke deserve a permanent ban?
    Does boosting in 1 tournament deserve a permanent ban?
    Does some scamming/ drop game deserve a permanent ban? (Sometimes given suspensions)
    Does autoclicking/ auto farming for the very first time deserve a permanent ban? (or even wrongly accused)
    Does sharing account with your friend or cousin with intentions of promoting the game do so much harm deserve a permanent ban?
    Does hosting a roullete game which does not involve betting deserve a permanent ban?
    Does involving in a drama through SBs deserve a permanent ban?
    Does pretending to be a mod AS A JOKE deserve a permanent ban?

    Not to mention, some of the reasons for their bans could even be falsely accused. They COULD be innocent.

    These acts are definietly wrong, which i do not disagree but the extent to which they are punished through a suspension is TOO HARSH
    Scamming deserving a permanent ban??? OF COURSE NOT

    Using bots??? Why would they

    I can't tell if you are serious or not but you are suggesting chaos within the community and I'm pretty sure the reason why is that you're salty cuz u got banned or something. Growtopia isn't the only game that suspends people from it. Such a function is crucial for the well being of the community.

    By the way all those *statistics* people that support that kind of idea use, are made up. Except if you actually have a file with everyone that got banned by *mistake* and never got unbanned. Because the easiest thing my friend and what most people do is LIE about why they got banned. Deep down they know the truth but why would they admit to it. That's just all part of life and that's why we need those functions to keep the game running.
    IGN:EerieGt

    Level:65

    Discord: EerieGt#5836

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Kyeosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paulinaria
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
    Some are innocent and get suspended wrongly. When they email support, hey get slapped in the face with an automatted reply that they will not be unbanned due to *whatever reason they were banned for*
    So, what is not an automated response?

    How can Support feel less automated?
    What is a normal person reply be like, in your opinion?

    I tried Support once, it didn’t feel automated.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer BoxeyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    [ r e d a c t e d ]
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Throughout my research, majority players are online is during major events, like Easter, Valentine, Summerfest and the current Harvest Festival which apparently peaks around 40-45k players online. During normal days, the maximum players online is 20-30k people estimated.

    My major theory is players are online during this time for profit, most likely. And checking out the new items BY FAR. Even monthly updates boasts around 40k max. Which I believe the Devs or maybe NekoRei states that the monthly update is NOT going to be as big as the event. Its just showing new items or new game mechanics like the past ones such as ROOTS or Blocktor's Orders. Where the are maladies and new "Root Farming Technology". Which nobody cares at the moment, considering the last update for ROOTS is I believe during this year's PAW.

    And speaking of PAW, there are a tons of thumbs-down this year. New items doesn't actually satisfy some minor players. And the new fixes suggested by us players do get implemented to the game, such as the Seed Ancestral been buffed due to the comparison between the Ancestral and the Apple Sturdel, which has similar effects. Me on the other hand, is kinda ok to me. The new items and stuff do impress me as some players want these types of stuff being implemented to the game.

    My OTHER major theory is that, plenty players who put major dedication to the game, being hacked, scammed and the most importantly, dealing with such toxic players all the time. For me, I just ignore them all the time. But what makes me kinda sad is that I just don't know who to talk with, and chat about other stuff, like I've been chatting with you friendly forumers over here. Doing monthly forum meetups (thank you @TobyLerasco). Sometimes I lose my patience to this game. I'm not gonna be a hypocrite of some sorts but I usually play other online games out there. Either its a card game, or a fighting game, I saw the community is suprsingly cheerful and friendly all the time. THAT type of thing is what we gonna see in this game. But, as far as I'm concerned, only you forumers are being nice towards each other, its not that fun to be fair, please don't be offended.

    By far, anytime soon, this game will have its final days before the grand server shutdown. Including the forums. Or before that, any of us could leave this game in search of a better community-friendly online game. Ubisoft, will just gave up on this game and just focus on their other big games out there. Seeing them play the new Assassins Creed or Rainbow Six some sort of that.

    Let's just pray in our hearts that this game will live on, or being shut down, in peace.
    What, You Egg?
    [He Stabs Him]

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Kyeosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paulinaria
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    Permanent bans may or may not be based on just one offence.

    Serious violations, such as selling game currency with real world currency, would be a serious offence thus granting a permanent ban.

    While, in some cases, there are players who have committed the same acts which violates the rules. Thus also granting them a permanent ban.

    ( all are based on my perspective on Ubisoft’s actions )

    I believe that all of Ubisoft’s actions has a reason. I know that they are trying their best.

    I know the news and the drama. I’ve heard them. They were whispered into my ears. I see them in my eyes.

    Their bans were deserved, in my opinion. ( drama thing )

    I’m not going to state their names.
    Last edited by Kyeosi; 09-15-2019 at 06:10 AM.

  13. #13
    Lesser Wizard Leqend of Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dirt
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    Permanent bans may or may not be based on just one offence.

    Serious violations, such as selling game currency with real world currency, would be a serious offence thus granting a permanent ban.

    While, in some cases, there are players who have committed the same acts which violates the rules. Thus also granting them a permanent ban.

    ( all are based on my perspective on Ubisoft’s actions )

    I believe that all of Ubisoft’s actions has a reason. I know that they are trying their best.

    I know the news and the drama. I’ve heard them. They were whispered into my ears. I see them in my eyes.

    Their bans were deserved, in my opinion.

    I’m not going to state their names.
    Please, take a look at the bigger picture with an open mind
    This isnt just about THOSE players who got banned. This is about a huge Parr of the community. Many were banned for no reason or minimal reasons which do not deserve such a sever punishment. From a 4.5 rated game , it has dropped to 3.7 and most of the comments are related to being banned
    I
    IGN- Leqend
    ----------------------
    Level 92
    ----------------------
    Guild- Company
    ----------------------
    Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
    ----------------------
    Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Kyeosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paulinaria
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
    Please, take a look at the bigger picture with an open mind
    This isnt just about THOSE players who got banned. This is about a huge Parr of the community. Many were banned for no reason or minimal reasons which do not deserve such a sever punishment. From a 4.5 rated game , it has dropped to 3.7 and most of the comments are related to being banned
    Well, I was talking about bans since the thread was about permanent punishments. I did not know that this thread was actually also about the game’s ratings.
    ( keeping to the topic )

    Well, not all ban statements made by players are true and that’s a fact. I mean, the community is spoiled. There are multiple of other reasons why players rated the game low. ( some have intentions )

    Please don’t think I’m against your suggestion, I’m just stating what I felt. I don’t agree or disagree with it.

  15. #15
    Lesser Wizard CsnHacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    431

    Default

    I couldnt agree more. Getting suspended really is too harsh of a punishment for minor acts.

    Mods need to make a clear statement on what exactly can be punished for and for how long. As of now, Mods are throwing bans left and right deciding the ban period without accounting whether it was a joke or not. One good example is how PeterW got banned. He hosted a fake drop game by SBing. Blulabel then banned him not long after it started. First off, what kind of drop game starts with a SB. Mods didnt account the fact that he is joking, and gave a 60 day ban for it? What?
    Lets apply this situation in a reality. If we punish a kid for doing wrong straight away, how does the kid improve. To let that kid improve, we have to allow him/her to explain him/herself. If we dont give them a chance to change, the kid would never realise his/her mistake and change for the better.
    Needless to say, growtopia has improved a lot this year IN TERMS OF BANNING PEOPLE. From little to no banning to banning maybe a little too much. Its because of feedback that growtopia has improved. So dont push our voice away now where the game needs it the most.
    I despise hyprocrites

    IGN: Killer8dk
    Main world: Killer8dk


    My dream items

    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Tell him, "Oink!" for me.
    CUTEEE

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,734

    Default

    They should allow the people who got suspended by the dupe glitch a few months ago play again, like Hamumu did with the diamond horn exploit

    yes corrects agree with thread and want it to be a thing :^)
    Current Status
    - Single parent of two
    - Dating
    - 67 years old
    - Professional Growtopia E-Sports player

  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard Winwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    481

    Default

    In my opinion, rule breakers should be punished accordingly to the severity of the offence. And if you’ve broken the same rule multiple times, the punishment should be heavier.
    Hey there, I’m Winwood. Really old player from January 2014.

    Ways to contact me:
    Instagram: Winwoodgt
    Discord: Winwood#0001
    In-game name: Winwood

    Have fun and stay safe out there!

  18. #18
    Lesser Wizard Leqend of Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dirt
    Posts
    130

    Default



    Hope a change is brought to the way punishments are meted out, a hope for a better future
    I
    IGN- Leqend
    ----------------------
    Level 92
    ----------------------
    Guild- Company
    ----------------------
    Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
    ----------------------
    Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer HugeLock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Rules are made for them to be followed. They were banned for a reason.
    We may not know all the details, but I have something that tells me
    that they don't just use the perma ban for innocent people.
    🇫🇮 Ephus (GL)

    _______________________
    Started in July, 2013. But only recently joined the forums!

    "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
    -
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl
    Avatar made by NekoWolf

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer Imunity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Although I disagree that perma bans should be removed at all (as a type of ban), facts speak for themselves - mods punish players dependent on their mood. There must be clear ban times' guidelines for mods. Why two people for the same activity get different length bans?
    IGN: Imunity

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •