View Poll Results: Permanent deletion or nah?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • I AM EVIL. I WANT EVERYONE TO BE DELETED

    48 40.68%
  • NO MORE PERMANENT DELETIONS

    70 59.32%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 261

Thread: Permanent removal from game is too harsh

  1. #121
    Master Sorcerer Kyeosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Paulinaria
    Posts
    2,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just one growtopian View Post
    Yes, people make mistakes. That's why you won't get perma banned for simply making a mistake. If you do something so serious that you get perma banned then you probably deserve it.

    If you knowingly hack, play casino, abuse glitches or such then that's not a mistake.



    I wish we lived in a fairytale world like that where everyone would just simply "reflect on the things they have done." In reality, it just won't go like that. People will just keep breaking the rules as long as they are allowed to. Permanent ban is a good way to get rid of toxic people.
    So permanent ban is literally better than a really a long ban? Is that what you are saying?

    That permanent ban is a good way to get rid of toxic people, and a long ban isn’t? How do you know that they won’t change?

  2. #122
    Super Moderator Ottowo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Just going to chime in quick (didn’t get a chance to read everything) to provide something for you guys to think about.
    1) Mods/Ubistaff members do not punish innocent people. Stop saying it, if it happens by accident we always correct it. At no point is it beneficial for us to ban innocent players who have done nothing wrong.
    2) I recognize a lot of the ban situations you have mentioned. A lot of what you players are being told is far from the truth. There’s a lot more that goes into these permanent bans.
    3) Permanent bans are very acceptable for a variety of cases. Autofarming, phishing, casino owners and so forth are all generally involved in the selling of items for money (which is also illegal). Why would we want to give these people a second chance to redeem themselves? We need to ensure these things aren’t occurring or items can’t be transferred to other accounts in the future. Keep in mind this is a small fraction of things we permaban for.
    Last edited by Ottowo; 09-22-2019 at 06:43 PM.

  3. #123

    Default

    I agree. My friend got permanently suspended for BCing something about nudes. He had 8 dls on his account and played for 1.5+ years. I don't think its fair.

  4. #124
    Lesser Wizard Leqend of Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dirt
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopyhupis View Post
    Bruh moment

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...=1#post1093358

    Please read on “Why my 2 Year ban became a permanent suspension” Seriously they very clearly define why a suspension is necessary....

    - - - Updated - - -



    All accounts go under review through system logs, if the account is deemed innocent, they are unbanned....

    - - - Updated - - -



    FYI, The first warning for auto clicking/Auto farming is either a 60 or 365 day ban,

    Secondly the first instance of any of these other bans is 60-365, only when these offenses are repeated is when a perma ban comes into place....

    And again, all permanently banned accounts are reviewed, if the account is innocent they will unban them.....

    Also pretending to be a mod as a joke like, sbing, “Me Mod” with usually AT MAX result in a 7day ban, not a suspension....

    A permanent ban is never given without due process FYI...

    - - - Updated - - -



    You realize that people who were accidentally banned, are the few people who actually leave a review, please tell me (Everyone here) How often do you rate a game in the App Store, or google play store...

    ALSO, again, all perma banned accounts are placed under review, if they are proven innocent they will be unbanned...

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, perma bans are only carried out if a person is proven beyond doubt to be guilty, the growtopia code is not “Guilty until proven innocent” It is “Innocent until proven guilty”.... AND even if SOMEHOW they make a mistake, the account is placed under review....

    - - - Updated - - -



    My point is, DONT FIX SOMETHING IF IT AINT BROKE.
    Everything has changed now if you are not aware. Autoclicking/farming even for first time Is instant suspension.
    Pretending to be a mod even as a joke results in a suspension
    Causing drama IN Sbs is suspension
    Almost everything is a suspensuon

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    I guess I’ll put my two cents in before the thread gets locked and the idea is shut down forever.

    Permanently suspending people should be reserved for the worst of all punishments, but GROWTOPIA really seems to have a one strike and you’re out policy that most other mmo’s don’t have. This is most likely due to the younger audience of the game.

    Honestly, all the people that have been permanently suspended for stupid or minor things is such a large number but they don’t have the time or want to put in the effort to go through with unbanning people.

    Long story short, this wouldn’t happen but having it happen would be extremely interesting.



    I know it's a really huge change to growtopia if the idea does get implemented but yet also a very SLIM chance. Ubisoft might not even care about it as it is too much to prepare for. However, it will still bring a change to the game.
    I
    IGN- Leqend
    ----------------------
    Level 92
    ----------------------
    Guild- Company
    ----------------------
    Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
    ----------------------
    Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

  5. #125
    Lesser Wizard Leqend of Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dirt
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ottowo View Post
    Just going to chime in quick (didn’t get a chance to read everything) to provide something for you guys to think about.
    1) Mods/Ubisoft doesn’t punish innocent people. Stop saying it, if it happens by accident we always correct it. At no point is it beneficial for us to ban innocent players who have done nothing wrong.
    2) I recognize a lot of the ban situations you have mentioned. A lot of what you players are being told is far from the truth. There’s a lot more that goes into these permanent bans.
    3) Permanent bans are very acceptable for a variety of cases. Autofarming, phishing, casino owners and so forth are all generally involved in the selling of items for money (which is also illegal). Why would we want to give these people a second chance to redeem themselves? We need to ensure these things aren’t occurring or items can’t be transferred to other accounts in the future. Keep in mind this is a small fraction of things we permaban for.
    We definitely understand that some of the reasons for perma ban is due to people harming the game. However, some people who get suspended for other reasons should just get a very long ban for whatever wrong they did. I'm sure they will change. A person who caused drama/ a scammer/ person willing to be a mod/ auto farmer will be willing to change after their very long ban . Suspension are too harsh and we alredy lost a huge portion of the community
    I
    IGN- Leqend
    ----------------------
    Level 92
    ----------------------
    Guild- Company
    ----------------------
    Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
    ----------------------
    Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

  6. #126
    Master Sorcerer RaySia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sia’s Basement
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
    Well it is definitely wrong for a player to breaking a certain rule for the FIRST time. However, the consequences for it are too harsh. EVen though what they did is unnacceptable and they should be punished, the punishment should be in the form of permanent suspensions, at least even a really long ban could change them.
    No. You want play the game, you abide by the rules. First time or not, nobody should be allowed to break the rules. Everyone has the same set of rules, either you follow it or you don’t. Which means every gets equal amount of punishments.

    Autofarming is obviously illegal. It surprises me how many players who got banned because of this, claimed it to be false banned even though they knew they were in the wrong. Now just deal with your suspension and move on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBun View Post
    I agree. My friend got permanently suspended for BCing something about nudes. He had 8 dls on his account and played for 1.5+ years. I don't think its fair.
    I’ve been playing for 5 years now. By your logic, I’m allowed to bc inappropriate things and not get banned. So what you played this Long? If you’ve been playing THIS Long, you should know of the DO’s and DONT’s of the game.



  7. #127
    Master Sorcerer Lopyhupis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lidl (Kesa on crazy)
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
    Everything has changed now if you are not aware. Autoclicking/farming even for first time Is instant suspension.
    Pretending to be a mod even as a joke results in a suspension
    Causing drama IN Sbs is suspension
    Almost everything is a suspensuon

    - - - Updated - - -






    I know it's a really huge change to growtopia if the idea does get implemented but yet also a very SLIM chance. Ubisoft might not even care about it as it is too much to prepare for. However, it will still bring a change to the game.
    I keep very up to date on recent events, also all of these “Suspension arguments have existed since the beginning of growtopia, and the policies have worked all this time, Don’t fix if it ain’t broke.

    FYI ur wrong, causing drama in sbs does not result in a perma ban unless it was a SERIOUS OFFENCE, eg fake moderator sites, NSFW etc, also I did do some more research into the autofarming aurgument, the suspension for auto farmers is “It depends” if a person has been auto farming for long periods of time the account is suspended, for short periods of time EG 1day, it can be 365. ALL AUTO FARMER SUSPENSIONS ARE 100% JUSTIFIED, ALL AUTOFARMERS ARE PROVEN GUILTY BEYOND DOUBT, Also having, I AM EVIL I WANT EVERYONE TO BE DELETED, as the pole is unfair it should be, these two choices,

    Yes Pernament Suspensions (List Why)
    No permanent Suspensions (List Why)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ottowo View Post
    Just going to chime in quick (didn’t get a chance to read everything) to provide something for you guys to think about.
    1) Mods/Ubisoft doesn’t punish innocent people. Stop saying it, if it happens by accident we always correct it. At no point is it beneficial for us to ban innocent players who have done nothing wrong.
    2) I recognize a lot of the ban situations you have mentioned. A lot of what you players are being told is far from the truth. There’s a lot more that goes into these permanent bans.
    3) Permanent bans are very acceptable for a variety of cases. Autofarming, phishing, casino owners and so forth are all generally involved in the selling of items for money (which is also illegal). Why would we want to give these people a second chance to redeem themselves? We need to ensure these things aren’t occurring or items can’t be transferred to other accounts in the future. Keep in mind this is a small fraction of things we permaban for.
    I think Ottowo sums it up pretty nice..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
    We definitely understand that some of the reasons for perma ban is due to people harming the game. However, some people who get suspended for other reasons should just get a very long ban for whatever wrong they did. I'm sure they will change. A person who caused drama/ a scammer/ person willing to be a mod/ auto farmer will be willing to change after their very long ban . Suspension are too harsh and we alredy lost a huge portion of the community
    No just no, the reason perma ban is dished out is so that the illegally obtained items cannot be sold for real money, And in the case with sb bans, this is to keep the community safe for the large young audience this game serves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    No. You want play the game, you abide by the rules. First time or not, nobody should be allowed to break the rules. Everyone has the same set of rules, either you follow it or you don’t. Which means every gets equal amount of punishments.

    Autofarming is obviously illegal. It surprises me how many players who got banned because of this, claimed it to be false banned even though they knew they were in the wrong. Now just deal with your suspension and move on.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I’ve been playing for 5 years now. By your logic, I’m allowed to bc inappropriate things and not get banned. So what you played this Long? If you’ve been playing THIS Long, you should know of the DO’s and DONT’s of the game.
    Yes exactly, to play a game you must abide by the rules, for example in soccer, you can’t just field tackle a player rugby style, no you get a red card and your out... SAME GOES WITH THIS GAME.
    Last edited by Lopyhupis; 09-17-2019 at 02:16 AM.
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

    CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

    FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG


  8. #128
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Heya! We do understand it can get really frustrating when you get banned and we are definitely open to re-investigating and re-evaluating your punishment provided that we find enough proof through our investigations.

    To ease everyone's mind allow me to clarify some points mentioned:
    1. If you believe that you were banned unjustly or you want submit a ban appeal, you can report such incidents to us and we'll look into it carefully and then handle it. Here is how to submit a ban appeal:
    https://support.ubi.com/en-AU/Faqs/0...count-sanction

    "In the event you genuinely feel the ban is not justified, please LET US KNOW - we will be happy to investigate further."

    2. If you believe that a certain moderator is misbehaving feel free to report the moderator to us together with details and if there is a proof include that as well. We will look investigate and act on it if necessary.


    Also, thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts regarding this concern. I shall mention your insights about this to the team and see if this is something that we can take into consideration.

    Thanks for the above. These are useful checks and balances and it does help allay some fears. It is important for the appeal process and the independent monitoring process of the moderators to work to build more trust in the system. As mentioned previously, those with social platforms are able to voice their unhappiness over the bans and will be heard (although it is from their perspective). Those without, will more importantly, now be able to send it directly to GT.
    Fireball116
    Owner of:
    BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
    WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
    BUYPOTIONS/BUYLOBSTERQUEST
    Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

  9. #129
    Master Sorcerer Lopyhupis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lidl (Kesa on crazy)
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireball116 View Post
    Thanks for the above. These are useful checks and balances and it does help allay some fears. It is important for the appeal process and the independent monitoring process of the moderators to work to build more trust in the system. As mentioned previously, those with social platforms are able to voice their unhappiness over the bans and will be heard (although it is from their perspective). Those without, will more importantly, now be able to send it directly to GT.
    You seem to state this as a “brand new thing” but this “ban appeal aspect” has existed for a very long time, ever since bans were necessary, in fact ban appeals have always been a thing, people often refuse to accept its existence since often their ban is justified, and should be permanent.
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

    CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

    FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG


  10. #130
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,340

    Default

    I have a few points I would like to make. We have no way to actually verify why a person was suspended. They can tell you thier version of events. You can tell us thier version of events. None of us can convince Ubisoft to let us look at a players logs to confirm anything. So making an argument as to why a person was suspended and how fair it was is fruitless. You can't fact check anything. All you can do is take a persons word on a story then expect other people to take your word without any way to prove anything.

    A fear of the game dying is not a good reason to let people break rules and avoid appropriate actions taken against them. The game surviving in reality is based on players spending money. I would assume strongly that Ubisoft was more interested in how many players were spending money over how many players were actually playing when they purchased Growtopia.

    If your that worried about the game dying you should go spend money. When the income dries up the game will die.

  11. #131
    Lesser Wizard Leqend of Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dirt
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    No. You want play the game, you abide by the rules. First time or not, nobody should be allowed to break the rules. Everyone has the same set of rules, either you follow it or you don’t. Which means every gets equal amount of punishments.

    Autofarming is obviously illegal. It surprises me how many players who got banned because of this, claimed it to be false banned even though they knew they were in the wrong. Now just deal with your suspension and move on.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I’ve been playing for 5 years now. By your logic, I’m allowed to bc inappropriate things and not get banned. So what you played this Long? If you’ve been playing THIS Long, you should know of the DO’s and DONT’s of the game.
    Giving someone a 2nd chance doesn't mean you get away with committing a crime. You will still receive a punishment such as a really long 360/720 ban, but not bring completely suspended. However, even after being given a chance and you repeat ur mistake, then you deserve a suspension.
    I
    IGN- Leqend
    ----------------------
    Level 92
    ----------------------
    Guild- Company
    ----------------------
    Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
    ----------------------
    Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

  12. #132
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ottowo View Post
    Just going to chime in quick (didn’t get a chance to read everything) to provide something for you guys to think about.
    1) Mods/Ubisoft doesn’t punish innocent people. Stop saying it, if it happens by accident we always correct it. At no point is it beneficial for us to ban innocent players who have done nothing wrong.
    2) I recognize a lot of the ban situations you have mentioned. A lot of what you players are being told is far from the truth. There’s a lot more that goes into these permanent bans.
    3) Permanent bans are very acceptable for a variety of cases. Autofarming, phishing, casino owners and so forth are all generally involved in the selling of items for money (which is also illegal). Why would we want to give these people a second chance to redeem themselves? We need to ensure these things aren’t occurring or items can’t be transferred to other accounts in the future. Keep in mind this is a small fraction of things we permaban for.
    I think at least every action what is just a words, should get just long ban. I said million times already, we don't want short bans here, we want 180-730 days bans what will end after is done. And we don't support dl sellers and csn hosts or iap fraud. Those deserve 100% suspension. But almost every other action than those, deserve second chance. Even if you say racist stuff, you deserve second chance, cause ppl sometimes do mistakes and after long ban they wont come back and say "indog" or any other stuff again. Why would they bother come back and just take another ban?
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  13. #133
    Lesser Wizard Leqend of Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dirt
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
    As you all know, you have to deal with the fact that growtopia IS dying. Players online in the morning are as low as 6k online and peak hours surg at 40k-50k which is lesser than previous years of up to 60k players. I am not against the game or anything but i feel that something must be done and changed about this.

    This thread is not targetted to those famous/ rich people but in fact, a major portion of the growtopia community. Thousands of players are getting suspended be it by accident, mild reasons and even severely illegal reasons. People get suspended for no reason such as being the scapegoat of a drama or whatever reason. Some get suspended for little reasons which do not have to result in such a harsh punishment such as being toxic or causing drama in SBs. There are also players doing illegal things such as hacking or casino activities. HOWEVER, the fact that ubisoft bans innocent players who do nothing wrong is absolutely WRONG! For example, a player *CENSORED* who got hacked gets banned by a moderator so that the hacker can stop cerating further problems as the moderator is trying to help him. HOWEVER, he never gets unbanned after that and loses everything he possessed. This is just one of the several bans which are not worth it. Another example, a really rich and famous player who invested tons of hours and hardship on the game, boost 1 tournament and for that, gets a permanent suspension instead of a tournament ban or normal ban which is slightly harsher.

    The point is being suspended from the game is too of harsh punishment, affecting a major part of the community. Being permanently removed from the game after years of hardwork and dedication, over a really mild/ severe or even an invalid issue. As you can see from the results, growtopia already lost a major portion of the community. Maybe scammers who have been suspended have learnt their lesson and want to turn over a new leaf?

    As a solution, i think that the idea of suspensions should be removed . It should be replaced with a maybe 1 year ban, or at most a 2 year ban. However, being suspended forever isnt just the best idea. All the effort and time of the thousands of people is futile.

    Now, many of you might be totally against this idea as you are not banned and completely happy. But keep in mind of those innocent friends and people who got banned or deserved a punishment that wasnt a permanent deletion from the game. What do you guys think of a non- suspension related bans?

    This is the voice of part of the community which has been shut down. We hope, ubisoft has a change in their system to further improve the quality of the game. Thanks.

    I am truly grateful to everyone who supports this suggestion as it will leave a huge impact on the game and can change things for the better. THANKS TO EVERY SUPPORT!
    Please do understand that this suggestion is not REMOVING THE IDEA OF SUSPENSIONS. That will ruin the game and create havoc. However, some of the players who have committed less severe crimes depending on the severity of course. iap frauds, spamming, casino hosting, exploition should lead to a direction suspension. Other reasons should have a punishment less severe than a suspension but still a harsh punishment in way such as a very long ban. I'm sure the person will learn their lesson and not make a repeat of their mistake.

    I just made an Instagram post on my ig to gather support from banned players. They have commented several reasons why they were banned and some saying they got banned from glitches.
    I
    IGN- Leqend
    ----------------------
    Level 92
    ----------------------
    Guild- Company
    ----------------------
    Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
    ----------------------
    Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

  14. #134
    Master Sorcerer Lopyhupis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lidl (Kesa on crazy)
    Posts
    1,352

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
    Please do understand that this suggestion is not REMOVING THE IDEA OF SUSPENSIONS. That will ruin the game and create havoc. However, some of the players who have committed less severe crimes depending on the severity of course. iap frauds, spamming, casino hosting, exploition should lead to a direction suspension. Other reasons should have a punishment less severe than a suspension but still a harsh punishment in way such as a very long ban. I'm sure the person will learn their lesson and not make a repeat of their mistake.

    I just made an Instagram post on my ig to gather support from banned players. They have commented several reasons why they were banned and some saying they got banned from glitches.
    He first part of this is literally just listing the factors of the current system that is in place right now...but simply put if a person gets THEIR ACCOUNT suspended they deserved it end of story.
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

    CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

    FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG


  15. #135
    Master Sorcerer RaySia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sia’s Basement
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
    Please do understand that this suggestion is not REMOVING THE IDEA OF SUSPENSIONS. That will ruin the game and create havoc. However, some of the players who have committed less severe crimes depending on the severity of course. iap frauds, spamming, casino hosting, exploition should lead to a direction suspension. Other reasons should have a punishment less severe than a suspension but still a harsh punishment in way such as a very long ban. I'm sure the person will learn their lesson and not make a repeat of their mistake.

    I just made an Instagram post on my ig to gather support from banned players. They have commented several reasons why they were banned and some saying they got banned from glitches.
    Please... we all know the reason why you created this thread was cause you got banned for autofarming. Just so you know, autofarmers are much more harmful to the community than hackers, scammers, casino hosts and spammers. So to think about it, you did very well deserve your suspension and so are the other famous players who used autoclicker too.



  16. #136
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    From EARTH, obviously!
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    Please... we all know the reason why you created this thread was cause you got banned for autofarming. Just so you know, autofarmers are much more harmful to the community than hackers, scammers, casino hosts and spammers. So to think about it, you did very well deserve your suspension and so are the other famous players who used autoclicker too.
    He isn't the only one banned, you know. I know a few people who didn't have a chance to get to fight for a successful appeal and their ban reasons are extremely stupid

    Being suspended isn't fun at all if you enjoy the game a lot. I believe a few of suspended players should actually be given a second chance if they shown change. After all, we have so many moderators right now, if a few of them get a second chance and they somehow manage to screw it up again, it won't be that hard to ban them again

    Since i'm suspended that's all i'm going to say, there's a few points I agree and some I disagree, but I hope some changes could be done :P

    Also, why can't people appeal 2 year old suspensions?
    I LOVE GROWTOPIA

  17. #137
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    this is entre thread is basically trying to say that we should give others a 2nd chance because they didn't bother to read or obey the rules
    IGN : Liquify

    To be talkin' to you,belladonna

  18. #138
    Lesser Wizard Leqend of Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dirt
    Posts
    130

    Thumbs up

    I have compiled various players' reasons for being suspended and their replies and experiences were overwhelming. But heres a few of them which i took. I would like to justify that some of them had admitted that what they did was wrong but they showed remorse for doing it. Many claimed to be banned for no reason and some were innocent. Once again, I have no idea if what they said is true as people can lie to show their innocence, but heres what they said and ive summarised it.

    Name:  pic (1).png
Views: 73
Size:  301.5 KB
    Name:  pic (11).png
Views: 67
Size:  311.6 KB
    Name:  pic (10).png
Views: 64
Size:  332.5 KB
    Name:  pic (9).png
Views: 64
Size:  316.5 KB
    Name:  pic (8).png
Views: 75
Size:  331.2 KB
    Name:  pic (7).png
Views: 63
Size:  305.2 KB
    Name:  pic (6).png
Views: 62
Size:  340.5 KB
    Name:  pic (5).png
Views: 61
Size:  305.9 KB
    Name:  pic (4).png
Views: 61
Size:  309.4 KB
    Name:  pic (3).png
Views: 61
Size:  314.6 KB
    Name:  pic (2).png
Views: 61
Size:  362.3 KB
    Name:  pic (12).png
Views: 57
Size:  312.2 KB

    Player- banned as mods thought he was midding for an account
    Player- banned for possessing a duped magplant
    Player- banned for spamming and he claims it to be an accident
    Player- banned for selling a thingamabob to a level 1 player and then realised there was a diamond lock glitch and got banned for possessing glitched dls
    Player- banned for being an admin of a casino (did it knowingly but he said it was his brother who sabotaged the account)
    Player(This happens to be my friend)- banned for receiving an item from a phisher(hacker) and mods thought she was the hacker
    Player- banned but didnt do anything
    Player- banned for being a hacker very very long ago (1 year) and then gets banned for that 1 year later
    Player- banned for owning a free bfg world and someone autofarmed in his bfg and he had to get suspended for something he didnt even do wrong
    Player- banned for 60 days and then changed to suspension
    Player- banned for spacebar method-punching and watching youtube at same time, accused of autoclick
    Player- banned and does not know why. Support said they will ignore him
    Player- banned for joking about selling nudes (in chat)
    Player- banned and the email was changed (got hacked)
    Player ( my friend)- banned for hosting a roulette based simon says without any involvement of betting
    Player- banned for finding out a wolf whistle glitch and then doing a good deed by reporting the glitch
    Player- banned for abusive language against haters
    Player- banned because his friend lied to him, tricked him and got him suspended by building a casino and made him admin. This got him banned as well
    Player- banned for telling people about a new game and teaching them how it works. Says ubsioft thought he was forcing people to download it and deter them from playing gt.
    Player- banned for autofarming for the first time ever. He regrets doing it and wants a 2nd chance. All his friends also quit for him as he couldnt play
    Player- banned as his admin friend linked his world to a casino to sabotage him
    Player- banned for being AFK in a world and he doesnt know what happened
    Player- banned and doesnt know why he is suspended
    Player- banned for auto for first time and regrets
    Player- banned due to a glitch (gravity, portal, lava) and auto banned
    Player- banned for spacebar punch while doing soemthing else on PC
    Player- banned as his friend was suspended for autofarm and his friend account was linked to his email. Thus, he also got suspended on his account due to his device
    Player- banned for using the word "rape" in a SB
    Player- banned for "ban evading" as she used same wifi as her brother who got banned
    Player- banned for getting hacked and mod perma suspended him ?????
    Player- banned for no reason
    Player- banned for SBing sexual things
    Player- banned for being admin of a BFG and someone built a casino so he suffered
    Player- banned SBing "im a mod" when he meant "mood" instead of "mod". (Obviously hes lying but meant it as a joke)
    Player- banned for "hanging out" with hacker


    Once again, these are just a few of the experiences of people who are banned and there isnt any proof to justify if they are lying or saying the truth. What some of them did is truly wrong, some were innocent. However, they deserve a second chance except for those who are casino owners/ spammers/ hackers/ IAP frauds/ Glitch exploiters
    I
    IGN- Leqend
    ----------------------
    Level 92
    ----------------------
    Guild- Company
    ----------------------
    Admin BUYGHC/ Main world - LEQEND
    ----------------------
    Occupation : Dirt farmer (Thats probably why I am stuck in lvl 92)

  19. #139
    Master Sorcerer RaySia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sia’s Basement
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    He isn't the only one banned, you know. I know a few people who didn't have a chance to get to fight for a successful appeal and their ban reasons are extremely stupid

    Being suspended isn't fun at all if you enjoy the game a lot. I believe a few of suspended players should actually be given a second chance if they shown change. After all, we have so many moderators right now, if a few of them get a second chance and they somehow manage to screw it up again, it won't be that hard to ban them again

    Since i'm suspended that's all i'm going to say, there's a few points I agree and some I disagree, but I hope some changes could be done :P

    Also, why can't people appeal 2 year old suspensions?
    Stupid reasons? It only sounds stupid because the player themselves explained the situation stupidly and manipulated the support’s words. Yes it isn’t fun to be suspended if you are addicted to a game but that’s entirely your fault for losing that opportunity because of some stupid mistake you made. You played for this long and thus you should know of the rules. Who’s fault is it that you got banned after spending a ton of hours and money on a game? If a new player was given a 2nd chance, that’s fine but for a Long term player?

    If we go by your logic, I would be allowed to scam anyone I like because I know I’ll get a 2nd chance since I’ve been playing this game for more than 3 years now. Obviously it shouldn’t work like that... Unless this is directed to new players who has only been playing for a month or two, that’s acceptable for them to receive a 2nd chance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Leqend of Legend View Post
    I have compiled various players' reasons for being suspended and their replies and experiences were overwhelming. But heres a few of them which i took. I would like to justify that some of them had admitted that what they did was wrong but they showed remorse for doing it. Many claimed to be banned for no reason and some were innocent. Once again, I have no idea if what they said is true as people can lie to show their innocence, but heres what they said and ive summarised it.

    Name:  pic (1).png
Views: 73
Size:  301.5 KB
    Player- banned as mods thought he was midding for an account
    Player- banned for possessing a duped magplant
    Player- banned for spamming and he claims it to be an accident
    Player- banned for selling a thingamabob to a level 1 player and then realised there was a diamond lock glitch and got banned for possessing glitched dls

    Name:  pic (11).png
Views: 67
Size:  311.6 KB
    Player- banned for being an admin of a casino (did it knowingly but he said it was his brother who sabotaged the account)
    Player(This happens to be my friend)- banned for receiving an item from a phisher(hacker) and mods thought she was the hacker
    Player- banned but didnt do anything
    Player- banned for being a hacker very very long ago (1 year) and then gets banned for that 1 year later

    Name:  pic (10).png
Views: 64
Size:  332.5 KB
    Player- banned for owning a free bfg world and someone autofarmed in his bfg and he had to get suspended for something he didnt even do wrong
    Player- banned for 60 days and then changed to suspension
    Player- banned for spacebar method-punching and watching youtube at same time, accused of autoclick
    Player- banned and does not know why. Support said they will ignore him

    Name:  pic (9).png
Views: 64
Size:  316.5 KB
    Player- banned for joking about selling nudes (in chat)
    Player- banned and the email was changed (got hacked)
    Player ( my friend)- banned for hosting a roulette based simon says without any involvement of betting

    Name:  pic (8).png
Views: 75
Size:  331.2 KB
    Player- banned for finding out a wolf whistle glitch and then doing a good deed by reporting the glitch
    Player- banned for abusive language against haters
    Player- banned because his friend lied to him, tricked him and got him suspended by building a casino and made him admin. This got him banned as well

    Name:  pic (7).png
Views: 63
Size:  305.2 KB
    Player- banned for telling people about a new game and teaching them how it works. Says ubsioft thought he was forcing people to download it and deter them from playing gt.
    Player- banned for autofarming for the first time ever. He regrets doing it and wants a 2nd chance. All his friends also quit for him as he couldnt play

    Name:  pic (6).png
Views: 62
Size:  340.5 KB
    Player- banned as his admin friend linked his world to a casino to sabotage him
    Player- banned for being AFK in a world and he doesnt know what happened
    Player- banned and doesnt know why he is suspended

    Name:  pic (5).png
Views: 61
Size:  305.9 KB
    Player- banned for auto for first time and regrets
    Player- banned due to a glitch (gravity, portal, lava) and auto banned
    Player- banned for spacebar punch while doing soemthing else on PC

    Name:  pic (4).png
Views: 61
Size:  309.4 KB
    Player- banned as his friend was suspended for autofarm and his friend account was linked to his email. Thus, he also got suspended on his account due to his device
    Player- banned for using the word "rape" in a SB
    Player- banned for "ban evading" as she used same wifi as her brother who got banned
    Player- banned for getting hacked and mod perma suspended him ?????
    Player- banned for no reason

    Name:  pic (3).png
Views: 61
Size:  314.6 KB
    Player- banned for SBing sexual things
    Player- banned for being admin of a BFG and someone built a casino so he suffered
    Player- banned SBing "im a mod" when he meant "mood" instead of "mod". (Obviously hes lying but meant it as a joke)
    Player- banned for "hanging out" with hacker

    Once again, these are just a few of the experiences of people who are banned and there isnt any proof to justify if they are lying or saying the truth. What some of them did is truly wrong, some were innocent. However, they deserve a second chance except for those who are casino owners/ spammers/ hackers/ IAP frauds/ Glitch exploiters
    Rules are rules. If you think people should deserve a 2nd chance despite being aware of the rules, think again. If I was a dev, I’ll reply a “Thank you, next” to you because all your evidence provided are obviously justified bans. Do you have the logs? Can you read the logs? Do you even know if these players are telling the truth? Obviously not.

    You thought you did something there but you didn’t...



  20. #140
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    From EARTH, obviously!
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    Stupid reasons? It only sounds stupid because the player themselves explained the situation stupidly and manipulated the support’s words. Yes it isn’t fun to be suspended if you are addicted to a game but that’s entirely your fault for losing that opportunity because of some stupid mistake you made. You played for this long and thus you should know of the rules. Who’s fault is it that you got banned after spending a ton of hours and money on a game? If a new player was given a 2nd chance, that’s fine but for a Long term player?
    Okay then. No use talking to someone who apparently thinks they know everything
    I LOVE GROWTOPIA

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •