Thread: A fix to the problem with spammers (and royal lock)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation A fix to the problem with spammers (and royal lock)

There's a really simple fix to the spammer problem that would solve people muting trade worlds aswell.
    A global shop in-game. Something where you can put an item/items for sale and people can search for them.
    How this could work (just my idea): First, make an item for searching for items. When you put an item in a vending machine, it gets added to the searching item. People can then search for that item and it'll pop up along with a button to warp to the world. Items would obviously be sorted from cheapest to most expensive, this would also fix some vending shops having extreme price differences (mainly worlds linked from buy+ worlds muted with royal lock).
    Example: I put dirt for sale 1/wl. Someone wants to buy dirt so they search for "Dirt" in the searching machine. They find mine. They click the button and warp to my world.
    It could also be done so you just put the item for sale in the search machine itself, but that would make vendings almost useless, so I think my idea is decent... tho it can probably be improved. Either way, a global trading system is needed and would be extremely useful.
    How this would fix spammers: People wouldn't use BUY+ worlds anymore, so the spammers would have nowhere to spam with a big audience.
    This would also make it much easier to check on item prices reliably, as you could just search up the item you want to check the price of.

IGN: cFlame
    Discord: Flame#7526
    WOTDs: ROOMESCAPING, ESCAPEPUZZLE, INFECTEDREALM Other worlds: CFLAMEHQ (Main), TOWERSOFPAIN (Halloween building contest 2019 #4-6)

Owners of some BUY+ worlds would be angry...

Couldnt people just put like lgrid seeds 200/1 in a vend machine and then tons of people would enter but the vend machine is walled off and the owner gets fossil profit?

This would be nice, it's so hard to find some certain items.
    "The pain you feel today will be the strength you'll have tomorrow."

Steam: https://www.steamcommunity.com/id/vuzudota

Quote Originally Posted by Meraak View Post
    Couldnt people just put like lgrid seeds 200/1 in a vend machine and then tons of people would enter but the vend machine is walled off and the owner gets fossil profit?
    I don't think fossils spawn if people enter and leave after 2 seconds

IGN: cFlame
    Discord: Flame#7526
    WOTDs: ROOMESCAPING, ESCAPEPUZZLE, INFECTEDREALM Other worlds: CFLAMEHQ (Main), TOWERSOFPAIN (Halloween building contest 2019 #4-6)

Quote Originally Posted by zLordFlameZ View Post
    I don't think fossils spawn if people enter and leave after 2 seconds
    Actually no, fossils can spawn even if a 1 person is in the world for 1 second.

I also feel that this system would be abused and buy+ owners would get ripped off.
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zLordFlameZ View Post
    There's a really simple fix to the spammer problem that would solve people muting trade worlds aswell.
    A global shop in-game. Something where you can put an item/items for sale and people can search for them.
    How this could work (just my idea): First, make an item for searching for items. When you put an item in a vending machine, it gets added to the searching item. People can then search for that item and it'll pop up along with a button to warp to the world. Items would obviously be sorted from cheapest to most expensive, this would also fix some vending shops having extreme price differences (mainly worlds linked from buy+ worlds muted with royal lock).
    Example: I put dirt for sale 1/wl. Someone wants to buy dirt so they search for "Dirt" in the searching machine. They find mine. They click the button and warp to my world.
    It could also be done so you just put the item for sale in the search machine itself, but that would make vendings almost useless, so I think my idea is decent... tho it can probably be improved. Either way, a global trading system is needed and would be extremely useful.
    How this would fix spammers: People wouldn't use BUY+ worlds anymore, so the spammers would have nowhere to spam with a big audience.
    This would also make it much easier to check on item prices reliably, as you could just search up the item you want to check the price of.
    I hope you understand how stupid this idea is, owners of BUY+ worlds have worked years for their worlds..