Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Regarding re-appeals

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard Vrags's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    213

    Default Regarding re-appeals

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Heya! We do understand it can get really frustrating when you get banned and we are definitely open to re-investigating and re-evaluating your punishment provided that we find enough proof through our investigations.

    To ease everyone's mind allow me to clarify some points mentioned:
    1. If you believe that you were banned unjustly or you want submit a ban appeal, you can report such incidents to us and we'll look into it carefully and then handle it. Here is how to submit a ban appeal:
    https://support.ubi.com/en-AU/Faqs/0...count-sanction

    "In the event you genuinely feel the ban is not justified, please LET US KNOW - we will be happy to investigate further."

    2. If you believe that a certain moderator is misbehaving feel free to report the moderator to us together with details and if there is a proof include that as well. We will look investigate and act on it if necessary.


    Also, thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts regarding this concern. I shall mention your insights about this to the team and see if this is something that we can take into consideration.
    Some questions regarding this reply:
    1. A player is permanently suspended. If the player was to re-appeal and then support deems the player innocent of the permanent suspension (but with some minor offenses were found within the logs), will the player's permanent suspension be lifted, or will the player receive a lighter ban (7d,14d,30d,60d, etc)?

    2. Now, take the same case as question 1. However the difference this time is that the player was discovered ban evading his permanent suspension. With this difference, what will be the result?
    IGN: Vrags
    Thingamabob at skill 43
    Legendary Wings on 1/9/19

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Vale0203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    3,554

    Default

    Let me quote support:
    "I'm afraid that IP bans are sent out automatically by our system, and we can't remove them from our end since they're set in place to protect the security of our players."
    So... They can't lift bans at all?

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard Kartosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Well, if the person re-appeals, and the appeal is accepted, then the suspension is lifted. If support team finds additional minor offenses, they will most likely give a lighter punishment for that (such as a seven day ban). Regarding your second point, ban evasion is punishable by permanent suspension. Since it took place before the appeal was reviewed, it will be considered as an offense.

    I doubt there is a single answer for everyone. It all highly depends on case-by-case basis.
    Hello. My in-game name is Kartosh.

    Instagram: @Kartosh_GT
    Discord: Kartosh#5167

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vrags View Post
    Some questions regarding this reply:
    1. A player is permanently suspended. If the player was to re-appeal and then support deems the player innocent of the permanent suspension (but with some minor offenses were found within the logs), will the player's permanent suspension be lifted, or will the player receive a lighter ban (7d,14d,30d,60d, etc)?
    If the penalty will be permanently lifted or adjusted accordingly to the severity of the infraction is on the discretion of the Customer Support team. If a 7-day ban had been more appropriate but the suspension has lasted much longer already, it's likely to be lifted, for example. We have set rules which kind of infraction will result in which ban duration with no room of bargaining, however it's just fair to make sure this was followed through when there is a discrepancy reported.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vrags View Post
    2. Now, take the same case as question 1. However the difference this time is that the player was discovered ban evading his permanent suspension. With this difference, what will be the result?
    Ban evasion will result in a permanent suspension, this is not going to change, even if we find out later that the suspension was not warranted. It's another, unrelated infringement on top of the other infringement, so they will be handled separately. Just because you are punished for something you did not do, does not justify to commit another infringement, just because you are unhappy about it. Instead of ban evading we would like you to reach out to us, so we have the opportunity to double check the first infringement in the first place. That's the due process.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vale0203 View Post
    Let me quote support:
    "I'm afraid that IP bans are sent out automatically by our system, and we can't remove them from our end since they're set in place to protect the security of our players."
    So... They can't lift bans at all?
    IP bans are different, but in normal circumstances, normal Players should not be struck with IP bans without a reason, so we are happy to look into this. However, whether we can lift the IP ban is something we will need to investigate too.

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Lopyhupis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lidl (Kesa on crazy)
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vale0203 View Post
    Let me quote support:
    "I'm afraid that IP bans are sent out automatically by our system, and we can't remove them from our end since they're set in place to protect the security of our players."
    So... They can't lift bans at all?
    WRONG, the ban can be lifted quite easily, however they won’t since a serious threat was identified at your near location meaning that due to the threat, you can’t play as a result, this may seem unfair but let me put this into better terms, The railcar represents the banhammer, on one sidebar of the tracks is a hacker and you, on the other side is the 2million other people who play growtopia tied to the tracks, do you sacrifice yourself and let 2 million people die, or do you save yourself and the rule breaker...

    No I’m not exaggerating, let me explain, by not banning the rule breaker the WHOLE community of growtopia is affected meaning that simply put, you are collateral damage.
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

    CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

    FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG


  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Devour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopyhupis View Post
    WRONG, the ban can be lifted quite easily, however they won’t since a serious threat was identified at your near location meaning that due to the threat, you can’t play as a result, this may seem unfair but let me put this into better terms, The railcar represents the banhammer, on one sidebar of the tracks is a hacker and you, on the other side is the 2million other people who play growtopia tied to the tracks, do you sacrifice yourself and let 2 million people die, or do you save yourself and the rule breaker...

    No I’m not exaggerating, let me explain, by not banning the rule breaker the WHOLE community of growtopia is affected meaning that simply put, you are collateral damage.
    ubidubi can just pull out the good ol' "it's rollback tiem evrybody!"

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer TeachMeHow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    A Place Far Away
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Why not they ban the account instead rather than IP addresses. If this thing goes out-of-control, we must guess that the Rollback plaque 6 is coming.

    Things that should be ban Accounts, what Email they used
    Ip address are too op. If one person is ban from that IP
    Like say an example. Your neighborhood plays gt and a dimwit broke some rules. So everyone in the neighborhood will also suffer from the cost
    Who I'm I?
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 47/125
    Goals: Technically for now get tons of pepper trees for harvestfest
    Description: I'm a mature person, I'm very playful and so childish sometimes but I don't go overboard..
    I

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Vale0203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    3,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopyhupis View Post
    WRONG, the ban can be lifted quite easily, however they won’t since a serious threat was identified at your near location meaning that due to the threat, you can’t play as a result, this may seem unfair but let me put this into better terms, The railcar represents the banhammer, on one sidebar of the tracks is a hacker and you, on the other side is the 2million other people who play growtopia tied to the tracks, do you sacrifice yourself and let 2 million people die, or do you save yourself and the rule breaker...

    No I’m not exaggerating, let me explain, by not banning the rule breaker the WHOLE community of growtopia is affected meaning that simply put, you are collateral damage.
    Alright, lets use your example.
    Me and that hacker is on one side, community is on another. As soon as the railcard starts moving towards me, the hacker moves to the other side. Now its just me who gets hit, the person who did nothing wrong. Hacker is back again hosting casino or whatever he was doing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Baskerville View Post
    IP bans are different, but in normal circumstances, normal Players should not be struck with IP bans without a reason, so we are happy to look into this. However, whether we can lift the IP ban is something we will need to investigate too.
    Sure, you can look into that. Do I PM you the support ticket number and IP or any other info that you need?

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,326

    Default

    so example for my case if i was suspended 2 years ago and ban evaded with my new account and did not break any rule in that account except ban evading, is there a possibility that i would be allowed to start a new account without calling it ban evasion even if my suspension won't be lifted?
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard Kartosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    so example for my case if i was suspended 2 years ago and ban evaded with my new account and did not break any rule in that account except ban evading, is there a possibility that i would be allowed to start a new account without calling it ban evasion even if my suspension won't be lifted?
    Well, that's still ban evasion. Most likely, all your accounts will get permanently suspend. The answer would be no, you won't be allowed to start a new account.
    Hello. My in-game name is Kartosh.

    Instagram: @Kartosh_GT
    Discord: Kartosh#5167

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kartosh View Post
    Well, that's still ban evasion. Most likely, all your accounts will get permanently suspend. The answer would be no, you won't be allowed to start a new account.
    ok thx my account jimizgay isnt suspended yet after a month of saying i ban evaded but not a problem cuz i quit
    This Growtopia film is still god damn relevant

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •