Thread: Can I legally *technically* ban evade?

Default Can I legally *technically* ban evade?

EDIT: Rebooting my phone removed the ban. Dude 2 replies below helped more than support.

Before you scream that it's illegal, please, read the story.
    My device/IP got banned by some dude that I have never heard of. After messaging with support, they told me that they do not have the power to lift the ban and I must buy a new device or wait 590 more days until I can play again. Note : my account is not banned and was not involved in any suspicious stuff.
    So, would I get banned for using certain programs to go around the device/IP ban on my phone?
    Last edited by Vale0203; 09-18-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Lesser Wizard

Default henlo

Quote Originally Posted by Vale0203 View Post
    My device/IP got banned by some dude that I have never heard of. After messaging with support, they told me that they do not have the power to lift the ban and I must buy a new device or wait 590 more days until I can play again. Note : my account is not banned and was not involved in any suspicious stuff.
    So, would I get banned for using certain programs to go around the device/IP ban on my phone?
    that is technically ban evading and since it is the same device id say that that is illegal and considered ban evading.

wait i thought that if that happened you were supposed to contact support??? have you tried to contact a moderator?
    im 90% sure you would get banned if you did that just because even though its not your ban its still evading a device ban

Lesser Wizard

I have had the same issue some time ago, i just restarted my device and boom, the ban was lifted..

You can also try to reboot your router for a different IP address, see if it works.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Vandaler View Post
    I have had the same issue some time ago, i just restarted my device and boom, the ban was lifted..

You can also try to reboot your router for a different IP address, see if it works.
    You are a f-ing genius dude. Rebooting my phone lifted the ban LOL

Lesser Wizard

I figured it’d work
    Hi

Lesser Wizard

Thumbs up henlo

sometimes what they say is true

"every tried turning it off and on again?"

sounds stupid but sometimes it solves the problem

After messaging with support, they told me that they do not have the power to lift the ban
    ???
    I got autobanned for no reason a few years ago, and after emailing support they managed to unban me. From what I've seen support is basically useless nowadays.

Signature v9.0

Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png

Quote Originally Posted by m456 View Post
    ???
    I got autobanned for no reason a few years ago, and after emailing support they managed to unban me. From what I've seen support is basically useless nowadays.
    Don't make me remember the other times I had to deal with support...

If the account doesn't belong to you in any way or/and you didn't login to it, you're free to play. Have fun

Closing thread.
    Instagram | Discord: ByteCode#1592

Don't know how to contact with Support Desk?
    How To Contact Support Desk?

EDIT: Rebooting my phone removed the ban. Dude 2 replies below helped more than support.
    Hey Vale,

Though the topic is closed, thought I'd help clear this up a bit more.

I don't know if you remember the response I sent you, but I told you to restart your device about a month ago when you first reached out since it's simply a WiFi issue. You were never banned to begin with. Moving forward, please stop spreading false information about what we tell you!

Many thanks,

~ Odric
    Canadian Community Manager

I like anime, board games, video games, and food! (and just about everything else that's fun, competitive, and inspiring)

Link to my official IG