Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: GAPT is here to combat phishing

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer lucklife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    An island somewhere
    Posts
    4,759

    Post GAPT is here to combat phishing

    GAPT

    Brief Overview
    GAPT is a group aiming to make growtopia - and ultimately the web, safer by taking down Phishing sites in growtopia.

    Reporting phishing sites
    Reporting world: GAPTXYZ
    Reporting form: https://gapt.xyz/
    To contact us/report/watch/chill on discord: https://discord.gg/4yudzWU

    Mission statement
    1. To make the game a safer and more enjoyable place for growtopians
    2. To disrupt the ease of phishing in Growtopia

    About us
    GAPT will use tools available online to determine the hosters of phishing websites, and file the appropriate reports needed to take the site down. In cases where the hoster is unresponsive, we will escalate the report to the CERT/CSIRT based in the country where the website is located.
    As of the making of this post, we have taken down approximately 3500 websites.

    What is a phishing site
    A phishing site, is a site which requests for your personal login data while falsely promising rewards if you do so.
    An example would be the sites on the SB chat claiming that "you have won dls"
    Phishing sites come in all sorts, but for the ones broadcasted in GT, it will usually end with a .ml or a .cf

    Type of sites that are rejected
    1. Legitimate sites sent to troll us. (E.G google.com)
    2. Sites that ask for your username to generate items without asking for your password
    - In this case, the site is a fraudulent gift generator, not a phishing site. Fraudulent gift generators have not gained much international attention due to their relative harmlessness, with many internet hosters not receptive to take it down.
    3. Phishing sites for other games
    While our overall long term goal is to make the internet safer, we would like to specialise in growtopia to build on our foundations before moving to other games/fields

    Staff applications


    Extras




    2019 Report <Released soon>




    Thank you for reading up to this point
    Last edited by lucklife; Today at 01:39 AM. Reason: Including 2019 report soon
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

    I've finally caught up with you



    Discord:Lucklife#3726

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Brexit means Brexit.
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucklife View Post

    GTPP

    Brief Overview
    GTPP is a group aiming to make growtopia - and ultimately the web, safer by taking down Phishing sites in growtopia.

    Reporting phishing sites
    Reporting form: https://gtpp.ga/
    To contact us/report on discord: https://discord.gg/4yudzWU

    Mission statement
    1. To make the game a safer and more enjoyable place for growtopians
    2. To disrupt the ease of phishing in Growtopia

    About us
    GTPP will use tools available online to determine the hosters of phishing websites, and file the appropriate reports needed to take the site down. In cases where the hoster is unresponsive, we will escalate the report to the CERT/CSIRT based in the country where the website is located.
    As of the making of this post, we have taken down approximately 3500 websites.

    What is a phishing site
    A phishing site, is a site which requests for your personal login data while falsely promising rewards if you do so.
    An example would be the sites on the SB chat claiming that "you have won dls"
    Phishing sites come in all sorts, but for the ones broadcasted in GT, it will usually end with a .ml or a .cf

    Type of sites that are rejected
    1. Legitimate sites sent to troll us. (E.G google.com)
    2. Sites that ask for your username to generate items without asking for your password
    - In this case, the site is a fraudulent gift generator, not a phishing site. Fraudulent gift generators have not gained much international attention due to their relative harmlessness, with many internet hosters not receptive to take it down.
    3. Phishing sites for other games
    While our overall long term goal is to make the internet safer, we would like to specialise in growtopia to build on our foundations before moving to other games/fields

    Staff applications


    Extras




    Thank you for reading up to this point

    That font makes my eyes hurt so I didn't read any of it.
    I can't change my past. Thats why I live in the present and fix my future.

    Growtopian name- FurtherMaths

  3. #3
    Squire
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    ??
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    That font makes my eyes hurt so I didn't read any of it.
    Lel, but tbh, same
    " Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible "
    - Kamina from Gurren Lagann

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Ok it's a nice system but why can't we just scroll down to the bottom and press "report abuse"

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer lucklife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    An island somewhere
    Posts
    4,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    That font makes my eyes hurt so I didn't read any of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourSides View Post
    Lel, but tbh, same
    Well you two, I have reverted back to everyone's favourite black tahoma from the old forums. Now give it a read

    Quote Originally Posted by SmartWaffle View Post
    Ok it's a nice system but why can't we just scroll down to the bottom and press "report abuse"
    Well yes you can do that, but that is only addressing 1 cause of the issue. The player. The site is still active and engaging in phishing activites. As long as the player has an alt somewhere, the phishing site will continue to be sent around. You need to control both in order to effectively solve this problem. We aren't mods, we can't ban them, but we can work on the other half of the problem.
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

    I've finally caught up with you



    Discord:Lucklife#3726

  6. #6
    Lesser Wizard Recheh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    On the Console Growtopia
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Great initiative although I don't see a real point to this.

    As far as I'm aware most people are aware about staff applications and how they work. A person with over 100 world locks most likely wouldn't but his/her credentials into the phising site.

    It's a very well known thing and with the advanced authentication method inside the game (if you've enabled it) it's pretty much not possible to get into the account without your extra premission.
    Contact me on Discord: Recheh#5381
    Console Growtopia Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/TkGayKu

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer lucklife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    An island somewhere
    Posts
    4,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devours View Post
    Correct, I do not expect to be remembered. We are invisible to the rest of the community, there is no telling how much hate we might get if every builder of a phishing site turns on us. Just like how the rest of my team is invisible to you. We do not expect anything.
    I know there is a lot of sites, even more than you since I've been on the frontline here. As I've stated, we've taken down approximately 3500 sites, and discovering more. Through extra tools like website blockers, switching search engines, I'm able to see the new sites and block the old sites, easily making the new ones visible. Thanks for your concern though.

    How long you ask? We intend to keep going until we meet technical issues that we cannot solve. Personally, as I've said, this is fun - destroying someone's malicious work.

    You have your opinion that people need to experience pain to learn, I have my opinion that internet laws should be upheld to protect users from pain. Let's end it here, stop responding to the thread thank you.
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

    I've finally caught up with you



    Discord:Lucklife#3726

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer NekoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    ?!
    Posts
    811

    Default

    Not a very big fan of this idea, but good luck
    Check out my Instagram where I'm hosting a 1DL giveaway: https://www.instagram.com/invites/co...ontent=2n62xja

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Jedaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Consumed by a suspension.
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Shouldn't Ubisoft be the one doing this kind of stuff
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

    making this my sigpic cus im greedy and i want the 2 wls

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Brexit means Brexit.
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucklife View Post
    GTPP

    Brief Overview
    GTPP is a group aiming to make growtopia - and ultimately the web, safer by taking down Phishing sites in growtopia.

    Reporting phishing sites
    Reporting form: https://gtpp.ga/
    To contact us/report on discord: https://discord.gg/4yudzWU

    Mission statement
    1. To make the game a safer and more enjoyable place for growtopians
    2. To disrupt the ease of phishing in Growtopia

    About us
    GTPP will use tools available online to determine the hosters of phishing websites, and file the appropriate reports needed to take the site down. In cases where the hoster is unresponsive, we will escalate the report to the CERT/CSIRT based in the country where the website is located.
    As of the making of this post, we have taken down approximately 3500 websites.

    What is a phishing site
    A phishing site, is a site which requests for your personal login data while falsely promising rewards if you do so.
    An example would be the sites on the SB chat claiming that "you have won dls"
    Phishing sites come in all sorts, but for the ones broadcasted in GT, it will usually end with a .ml or a .cf

    Type of sites that are rejected
    1. Legitimate sites sent to troll us. (E.G google.com)
    2. Sites that ask for your username to generate items without asking for your password
    - In this case, the site is a fraudulent gift generator, not a phishing site. Fraudulent gift generators have not gained much international attention due to their relative harmlessness, with many internet hosters not receptive to take it down.
    3. Phishing sites for other games
    While our overall long term goal is to make the internet safer, we would like to specialise in growtopia to build on our foundations before moving to other games/fields

    Staff applications


    Extras




    Thank you for reading up to this point
    I tried reading it. This time there were too many words.

    Jk I read. Good initiative.
    I can't change my past. Thats why I live in the present and fix my future.

    Growtopian name- FurtherMaths

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Malware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Wow, this is pretty cool.

    I've been reading all the back and forth comments so won't really mention how it seems very hard.

    I'll try to do my part and report the worlds to you guys!

    Also for the people who mention whats the point, this guy seems to kinda know what hes doing and knows theres no real benefit for himself.

    On the other hand, if we can close these phishing websites, it may increase the app's rating cause less people will get hacked(by phishing).

    Sadly i can't join in on the group cause I got a lot of hw usually...
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer lucklife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    An island somewhere
    Posts
    4,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NekoWolf View Post
    Not a very big fan of this idea, but good luck
    Ehehe, thanks, we'll be sure to publish our overall stats at the end of the year and impress you

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    Shouldn't Ubisoft be the one doing this kind of stuff
    Yes they should, every company should be responsible for keeping their own good image and reputation on the net.
    However, it does seem like ubisoft has its own problems in game to deal with. Support has their own requests and mods are not trained to deal with this. That's why we stepped in at the beginning of the year.


    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I tried reading it. This time there were too many words.
    Jk I read. Good initiative.
    Hey, what happened to the more the merrier?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    Wow, this is pretty cool.

    I've been reading all the back and forth comments so won't really mention how it seems very hard.

    I'll try to do my part and report the worlds to you guys!

    Also for the people who mention whats the point, this guy seems to kinda know what hes doing and knows theres no real benefit for himself.

    On the other hand, if we can close these phishing websites, it may increase the app's rating cause less people will get hacked(by phishing).

    Sadly i can't join in on the group cause I got a lot of hw usually...
    *The sites, not the world :]. We can't do anything about the worlds .

    Gone with the wind, faded from records

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

    I've finally caught up with you



    Discord:Lucklife#3726

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Winwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    531

    Default

    This idea sounds interesting, I'm trying it out rn!
    Don’t wait for opportunity. Create it.
    Ways to contact me:
    Instagram: Winwoodgt
    Discord: Winwood#0566
    In-game: WiNwOoD
    May you have a pleasant day ahead

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Ryuu Kaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    First Layer of Life
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    nice idea +1
    free bump for ma boi
    =IGN : Crausse=

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer GummiBear64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,792

    Default

    you said pp

    Discord: GummiBear64 🍋#1913



  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer lucklife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    An island somewhere
    Posts
    4,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear64 View Post
    you said pp
    Oh no, I guess I'll just punish myself
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

    I've finally caught up with you



    Discord:Lucklife#3726

  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard Açais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Popcorn Stand
    Posts
    444

    Default



    Emote bump
    Hi there,
    Im Açais.

    Did you know,
    bored people do
    surprising things?

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Rimuoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Indonesia duh
    Posts
    2,209

    Default

    Well okay...


    Don't forget join secret santa 2019 here:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ret-Santa-2019
    Probably u can't click this!



    Instagram: Rimuoi._
    Discord: * Asagiri Rim *#1725

  19. #19

    Default

    Pointless idea, it wont really change anything since the scammers will get the accounts from the sb until their sites are closed, and open a new one after that.

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer lucklife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    An island somewhere
    Posts
    4,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annesizpic View Post
    Pointless idea, it wont really change anything since the scammers will get the accounts from the sb until their sites are closed, and open a new one after that.
    Correction: It's not an idea. It's already in effect.
    If you look at it from a macro viewpoint, yes such low costing sites are certainly easy to get into and replace.

    On the other hand, it is just as easy to take it down. Rather than just sitting back, we are making a change by raising the effort needed to re-enter the field. It's an endless loop, but at least we have made it into a loop instead of it spiraling out of control.

    The same concept follows for your game moderators, is there really no point in banning casinos and scammers?
    There are so many of them too, and they too can find ways to circumvent their ban.
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

    I've finally caught up with you



    Discord:Lucklife#3726

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •