Thread: Let players know if a world timer is set in a world

Default Let players know if a world timer is set in a world

The world timer is a great addition, and I have been using it religiously in my BFG worlds to help combat auto-farmers.

However, there is a big issue that I think absolutely needs to come to light -- players are not aware when a timer has been set in a world. In fact, they don't usually figure it out until they are kicked from the world, losing all of the gems they have worked for.

Now, don't get me wrong here. I have signs all over the world letting players know that there is a timer set in the world, and reminding them to collect their gems often. It's not enough, and not everyone reads the signs.

So, my suggestion would be a timer that stays on the players screen the entire time they are in a timer-set world. Something that says, "This world has a 10 minute timer" and then something like, "you have 3:41 minutes remaining before you will be kicked from the world". This would allow players to understand the world timer better, and be able to plan ahead to avoid losing their gems or progress in a world. Thanks for reading.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

You get a notification on the chat box when you enter a world and if you wrench yourself you get to see your remaining time. So if people ignore your signs their problem not yours
    IGN:EerieGt

Level:65

Discord: EerieGt#5836

I do agree there should be a little reminder thing or whagever when entering a world that there's a timer.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    The world timer is a great addition, and I have been using it religiously in my BFG worlds to help combat auto-farmers.

However, there is a big issue that I think absolutely needs to come to light -- players are not aware when a timer has been set in a world. In fact, they don't usually figure it out until they are kicked from the world, losing all of the gems they have worked for.

Now, don't get me wrong here. I have signs all over the world letting players know that there is a timer set in the world, and reminding them to collect their gems often. It's not enough, and not everyone reads the signs.

So, my suggestion would be a timer that stays on the players screen the entire time they are in a timer-set world. Something that says, "This world has a 10 minute timer" and then something like, "you have 3:41 minutes remaining before you will be kicked from the world". This would allow players to understand the world timer better, and be able to plan ahead to avoid losing their gems or progress in a world. Thanks for reading.

Use an adventure timer since it shows on the screen!

But anyways yes this needs to be fixed!
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG

or have a password door service, be it free or paid, win-win.

I can see the fakes, so when I look in your direction
    Understand I'm seein' right through

-IGN: Dvours

Quote Originally Posted by Lopyhupis View Post
    Use an adventure timer since it shows on the screen!

But anyways yes this needs to be fixed!
    An adventure timer is a good idea, and I hadn't thought about that. Though, definitely still would be far more convenient for it to just be added into the game, rather than players having to figure it out themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devours View Post
    or have a password door service, be it free or paid, win-win.
    Password doors would work, but setting up passwords is quite time-consuming, and frankly, not worth my time.

Well players do have a timer shown to them but not on their screens directly. It's set in the player info when you wrench yourself. You could try to notify them to check it once in a while to see how much time they have left.

IGN: Superparty
    Level: 56/125

If I'm not mistaken, it already warns you very clearly when you're about to be kicked? If you're not a bot and actually a person who's paying attention you shouldn't have problems with getting kicked. Unfortunately, if they told there's a world timer, bots could end up finding a workaround.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no context
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    dywinnie u can start pweeb with me owo we can bwender s togwetter :3 pwetty pwease

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Quote Originally Posted by Superparty View Post
    Well players do have a timer shown to them but not on their screens directly. It's set in the player info when you wrench yourself. You could try to notify them to check it once in a while to see how much time they have left.
    I do tell players to look there to know how much time they have left. Though it's hard to know if you're not looking constantly. If a timer was put on the players' screen, they would be able to see and track it at all times, which would be way more convenient.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, it already warns you very clearly when you're about to be kicked? If you're not a bot and actually a person who's paying attention you shouldn't have problems with getting kicked. Unfortunately, if they told there's a world timer, bots could end up finding a workaround.
    You get a tiny pop up on your screen telling you that your world access is going to expire when you reach the final minute. It goes away very fast, and doesn't show in the chat box, so if you're not paying attention you wouldn't even know. Many players are watching TV when breaking, so they aren't necessarily auto-farming if the warning shows and they don't see.

Addition to this suggestion: there should be a visible timer like the wolf worlds... In that case people will actually know their time is running out! (at least if that's possible )

+1 to this.
    Do you need any assistance from us whether in-game or not?
    Contact Growtopia Support: GT SUPPORT
    Follow me on Instagram: @Nostos_gt
    PUNCH, BUILD, GROW

Quote Originally Posted by Nostos View Post
    Addition to this suggestion: there should be a visible timer like the wolf worlds... In that case people will actually know their time is running out! (at least if that's possible )

+1 to this.
    Having a timer like the ones in the wolf worlds would definitely be the end goal here. Thanks for adding on.

the notification you get when the time left is 1 minute in chat box but it is not visible because of spammers if you are in the popular trade worlds

Free BFG @ EURYX Every Day

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    It's okay to be thicc tbh.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post

One minute before you get kicked message 'Your access tothis world will expire in less than a minute' will pop up.. also there’s a timer when you wrench yourself.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Vandaler View Post
    One minute before you get kicked message 'Your access tothis world will expire in less than a minute' will pop up.. also there’s a timer when you wrench yourself.
    Yeah, we know but the suggestion is to add a visible timer on the screen like a wolf world timer in the lower part of your screen and not to have one when you wrench your name because alot of players never check that when they're in a BFG or a world with a timer set.

IGN: Superparty
    Level: 56/125

Quote Originally Posted by Illu View Post
    the notification you get when the time left is 1 minute in chat box but it is not visible because of spammers if you are in the popular trade worlds
    Just checked on an alt account. Definitely does not show in the chat box.

in BFG, when this msg pop up, bots and autofarmers will just collect the gems and immadiately leave the world and enters again
    IGN: BtsofHermes
    Discord: BtsofHermes#5606

Started in Jul 2019, just 3 months.

Current Status:
    Level: 38
    F Eyes: 30G/100G
    My Growtopia worth: 675/5K

Quote Originally Posted by Boots of Hermes View Post
    in BFG, when this msg pop up, bots and autofarmers will just collect the gems and immadiately leave the world and enters again
    Yep. Though, I still think it's an absolutely necessary feature -- especially for players' that aren't autofarming and just want to see how much time they have left without having to use valuable seconds to wrench themselves.

---BUMP---

I love this idea! I hope the implement it!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

IGN: AllyCat22
    Level: 59
    IG: @daftestbiscuitally
    Join Forumers United: Here!

POSITIVE. MENTAL. ATTITUDE.