View Poll Results: Do you like these ideas?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like all/most of them.

14 82.35%
  • I some some of them.

3 17.65%
  • I dislike all/most of them.

0 0%

Thread: The (ultimate) Building update

Default The (ultimate) Building update

These are a lot of ideas, and I have had the idea of lots of them for years. This is my official thread for all these ideas. Please read through, as I believe every single one could do wonders for the game, and add a lot, especially content- and mechanicwise. It is mostly building related ideas, but also a lot of some other ones.

Building ideas:
    - Orange/brown paint,

- Sail,

- Colored water. Perhaps an own type of water, or perhaps a way to paint it,

- Add more ”ground” blocks. Blocks like different soils, or sands, dirt, etc. Ground blocks works like bases for worlds and frequently, I have not been able to make the base of the world like I want. For example, there should be an orange soil.

- More ”basic” blocks. More types of wood/stone blocks, chimneys (there’s now a chimney, but it’s orange brick designed... add a stone one), wooden beams, more types of tables/chairs/platforms...

- Torches that can be faced left/right. I usually make wooden supports and like to put torches on the side. You could also put them on the side of a block.

Building mechanics:
    - More space to write on signs,

- Timed portals. Perhaps you want to have an intro to your world, where people read text alligned with a song. These portals would make you enter the portal within 1-10 seconds. This ”intro” could work as cutscenes in many games. People have gone around this problem by letting you fall through water or glue, but it barely works if I can say it myself,

- Different shades of a colour. Perhaps you want a colour inbetween normal, or completely red. This could be done with a new item called ”bleach”, which would be stacked ontop of paint on a block

- Possibility to carry adventure items through different worlds. Especially useful if you are connecting multiple worlds into one,

- Ingame money system. [Do this] for 60 coins. [Buy this] for 150 coins.for example: ”Deliver this golden idol to my friend, and you will get 60 coins.

- More adventure items, and more realistic ones. Maybe a present, a pickaxe, or an iron ingot for example.

- More coding alternatives for the adventure doors. Nothing too complicated,

- Pushable boxes together with preassure plates that open could work together with the following idea;

- Wiring mechanic together with on/off switches. Connect the blocks you want to be able to get turned on/off with wires. It honestly would not have to be wires, maybe even a more simple way,

- Combination doors. Put certain possible numbers in the right order, Although it could be possible with password doors, there is still room to ellaborate this idea,

- More ”puzzle/adventure mechanics”. Just take a look at super mario maker 2 and get some inspiration of how basic, simple ideas can be such a game changer. Anything, just anything,

- Decease the limitation of an amount of steam blocks in a world if possible, blocks like steam revolvers (Steam regulation) Steam worlds are not a possibility anymore because of this,

- Item that allows you to place blocks faster, useful when building big chunks of for example dirt or sand.

- Possibility to make worlds into ”singleplayer”. Perhaps the whole world, or by entering a certain door, and make parts of it singleplayer. It would not even have to make you enter an empty world. A certain area or room could be made so that only one person’s actions would be accounted for, and seen. Hard to explain, but puzzles are barely do-able in gt. This mode would work just like the growtorial world, and reminds of how braziers and angry gorillas works. They are only activated for the player who started the interaction.

Building balancing:
    - Make glue cheaper, perhaps they should be made in 4 by 4 instead of 2, or maybe even more,

- Make items like castle/baroque cheaper, for example by increasing the amount you get to 5-10 times as much,

- Make paint cheaper. This balance is not as crucial as glue for example, but to make paint even cheaper would be nice, as many worlds require 1000+ paint which could cost 1 dl alone.

Idea: Make more items spliceables/or in the RSP selection.

Music related ideas:
    - Make music notes an own type of block. This would make music less of a hassle when also building a world, as music notes ruins the background of a world.

- Change the piano sound of the notes. It now sounds subtle and clunky.

- Add the possibility to choose between normal or sustained notes. Perhaps you would be able to choose for how long they would be sustain aswell,

- Add the possibility to have higher/lower pitches to your notes. An octave in both brightness and deepness should do the job. This could perhaps be made by adding a wrench option for notes.

- Allow sound effects aswell as music to be played at the same time. I really do not understand why this is not a thing. It would be awesome to hear a calm song in a world together with the sounds of a fountain in a world, or a torch,

Game changing ideas:
    - Turn World Of The Day into 2-7 days. The quality of the worlds that would win would increase, and would make more people in total see your world, as the worlds are just completely forgotten after one day out of thousands,

- Possibility to turn blocks into sloped, slabs, etc. This a LOT to the building aspect of the game, and obviously just for the better, as you would not have to use this option. The blocks would be changed using a hammer.

Other:
    - Add the command /wotd, to instantly warp to today’s WOTD (Will slightly increase popularity of WOTDs),

- Introducing 2x1 or even 2x2 blocks, just a possibility. Many typs of blocks are abnormally small/big in the game now, and this would help against this and just make worlds look better,

- Self designed blocks. Use a machine ingame, and texturize and own type of block, pixel by pixel. I have seen this mechanic in some games, and although it might not work in GT, I will just put it here anyways,

- Creative, singleplayer mode. Like many of the ideas listed under Other, it could just be possible to make right. An official way to design, plan your world. Even paying for this feature would be okay in my opinion, and I would definitely do it if it was not too expensive.

- Just getting more attention to WOTDs. They’re called World Of The DAY, yet they get #300 honors during a day compared to #1-#10 some years ago. Perhaps a prize system added to WOTDS (or some other reason to complete it) Another idea to would be to display the WOTDs better in /news, as they should nit be on the bottom. I guess I am also talking for VOTWs aswell, although I have not been interested in VOTWS like ever.

I hope you liked my ideas, feel free to tell your opinions, or state your own ideas. I might even add them to this list
    (Would be great if a dev/mod would see this and actually give me/us the possibility of having these things in the game)
    IGN: Anton0202

Another great thread with similar ideas by Techy here:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ks-suggestions
    Last edited by Anton0202; 09-21-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

Bumping...
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

I'm a simple man, I see a great building suggestion, I upvote.

+1
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chem #7714

I made this thread a while back with a large list of specific features and blocks that could be added to make worlds more interactive and adventurous. Giving the owner control over certain features and blocks would help fluidity in the world too.

More basic ground blocks are much needed. Blocks like topless dirt, mud, different coloured grass ontop of dirt blocks, a black/greyish dirt/sand block, and others. Right now we have a lot of earthy and green blocks that work well together, but some blocks like mars sand and sand don't have many blocks to combine with.

Blocks also need to fit in with other blocks. A lot of the newer blocks such as lava fall, ruined bricks, frozen cliff, etc. don't fit in with similar blocks. Lava falls are a different tone and colour to normal lava and ruined bricks are a completely new variation of bricks. These blocks they make are amazing but they need to fit into the bigger picture.

More paint is unlikely. I believe it has to do with how it was hardcoded in and that there were only 6 available spaces for paint. From what I remember, it uses RGB and has two slots. Red paint would be 2x red, green would be 2x green, purple paint would be 1x blue and 1x red, aqua would be 1x green and 1x blue - you get the idea. It's why blue, green and red are so saturated.

The prices for paint and block glue are fine. They can't really change the prices of paint since that would affect the economy and desire for them to be mass-produced in the first place (if it becomes too cheap to make, then people won't bother making it). It's rather a rarity to see 1,000 paint used in a single world...
    Block Glue can be made for around 6-8/wl since you can get mystery chemicals 3-4/wl. That's a well decent price and you really only need from 100-300 glue per world (unless it is centred around glueing, which again, is a rarity).

Your ideas are great though. I'd love to see more playability in worlds - we currently have a large array of parkour aspects, but more adventure items and puzzle making tools would be superb.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    I made this thread a while back with a large list of specific features and blocks that could be added to make worlds more interactive and adventurous. Giving the owner control over certain features and blocks would help fluidity in the world too.

More basic ground blocks are much needed. Blocks like topless dirt, mud, different coloured grass ontop of dirt blocks, a black/greyish dirt/sand block, and others. Right now we have a lot of earthy and green blocks that work well together, but some blocks like mars sand and sand don't have many blocks to combine with.

Blocks also need to fit in with other blocks. A lot of the newer blocks such as lava fall, ruined bricks, frozen cliff, etc. don't fit in with similar blocks. Lava falls are a different tone and colour to normal lava and ruined bricks are a completely new variation of bricks. These blocks they make are amazing but they need to fit into the bigger picture.

More paint is unlikely. I believe it has to do with how it was hardcoded in and that there were only 6 available spaces for paint. From what I remember, it uses RGB and has two slots. Red paint would be 2x red, green would be 2x green, purple paint would be 1x blue and 1x red, aqua would be 1x green and 1x blue - you get the idea. It's why blue, green and red are so saturated.

The prices for paint and block glue are fine. They can't really change the prices of paint since that would affect the economy and desire for them to be mass-produced in the first place (if it becomes too cheap to make, then people won't bother making it). It's rather a rarity to see 1,000 paint used in a single world...
    Block Glue can be made for around 6-8/wl since you can get mystery chemicals 3-4/wl. That's a well decent price and you really only need from 100-300 glue per world (unless it is centred around glueing, which again, is a rarity).

Your ideas are great though. I'd love to see more playability in worlds - we currently have a large array of parkour aspects, but more adventure items and puzzle making tools would be superb.
    Happy you like the ideas, and I still do believe that glue should be cheaper. Paint was a bit on the go. I put a link to your thread on the bottom of my as it seemed great
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Sounds epic. Love to see this be implement
    I can't change my past. Thats why I live in the present and fix my future.

Growtopian name- FurtherMaths

Happy everyone seems to like the ideas. Please leave comments with thoughts or your own ideas. Bump!
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Bumping again...
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

I'm just gonna leave this +1 here.
    What, You Egg?
    [He Stabs Him]

could possibly save growtopia from dying :3

+1
    Professional poster

IGN: Jyhnxx

Pls give this thread some more attention Would be great if some mod/dev replied to this thread aswell!
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Bumping...
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Bumping...................
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Bumping...
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Bumping...
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

I liked the beginning part.

Growtopia doesn't even allow more than 20 Steam Stompers in a world or 10 cybots or even a certain amount of Howler shots. The mechanisms you described in the later parts overall are gonna be hard to add.

The last part("Others") not regarding WOTD things also seem very hard to do or just not allowed. For example, the "Make your own block" idea. That would clash with the Subscription Winner's prize. If you own a subscription, you can make your own clothing OR block item. Many people forget blocks can be made...in fact...no one did it yet but that still doesn't mean making your own block should be allowed just cause no subscription winner made their own block yet.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    I liked the beginning part.

Growtopia doesn't even allow more than 20 Steam Stompers in a world or 10 cybots or even a certain amount of Howler shots. The mechanisms you described in the later parts overall are gonna be hard to add.

The last part("Others") not regarding WOTD things also seem very hard to do or just not allowed. For example, the "Make your own block" idea. That would clash with the Subscription Winner's prize. If you own a subscription, you can make your own clothing OR block item. Many people forget blocks can be made...in fact...no one did it yet but that still doesn't mean making your own block should be allowed just cause no subscription winner made their own block yet.
    The idea about making your own block was really vague for me too, didn’t know if I believed in it myself. Happy you seems to like most of the others though.
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...

Bumping...
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    16 WOTDs and counting...