Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: stop thingamabob dumping

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,865

    Default stop thingamabob dumping

    Thingamabobs are continously dropping due to many people doing surgeries for the dr title and people grinding trainees.
    I suggest that trainees do no longer give caducei to prevent this.

  2. #2
    Knight Quiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    ( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡° )
    Posts
    70

    Default

    trainees give caduceus?
    Thank's for Reading and Best Regards,
    ~ Quiris

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Winwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    538

    Default

    The thingamabob was set to be available to purchase as a reward for grinding out so many surgeries. It’s not considered unfair if people have to grind hours for it.
    Don’t wait for opportunity. Create it.
    Ways to contact me:
    Instagram: Winwoodgt
    Discord: Winwood#0566
    In-game: WiNwOoD
    May you have a pleasant day ahead

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Ryuu Kaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    First Layer of Life
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    people are actually worked hard for it, so whats the big deal?
    =IGN : Crausse=

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
    people are actually worked hard for it, so whats the big deal?
    Caduceis from trainees provide an easy way to access an item that was meant to be incredibly rare.
    Your argument is invalid

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Winwood View Post
    The thingamabob was set to be available to purchase as a reward for grinding out so many surgeries. It’s not considered unfair if people have to grind hours for it.
    Operating successfully on trainees does not count towards quests because it was intended to only be used as a means of cheap practice.
    People grinding them is an obvious abuse of an unconsidered side-effect

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Winwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    Caduceis from trainees provide an easy way to access an item that was meant to be incredibly rare.
    Your argument is invalid

    - - - Updated - - -



    Operating successfully on trainees does not count towards quests because it was intended to only be used as a means of cheap practice.
    People grinding them is an obvious abuse of an unconsidered side-effect
    Still, they dedicated loads of WLs and time into 12,600 successful surgeries.
    Don’t wait for opportunity. Create it.
    Ways to contact me:
    Instagram: Winwoodgt
    Discord: Winwood#0566
    In-game: WiNwOoD
    May you have a pleasant day ahead

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winwood View Post
    Still, they dedicated loads of WLs and time into 12,600 successful surgeries.
    You literally just ignored everything I said to repeat yourself.
    Kind of proves my point

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer jigjig420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    i dnt care when u started
    Posts
    554

    Default

    lol what is this thread

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Ryuu Kaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    First Layer of Life
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    Caduceis from trainees provide an easy way to access an item that was meant to be incredibly rare.
    Your argument is invalid

    - - - Updated - - -



    Operating successfully on trainees does not count towards quests because it was intended to only be used as a means of cheap practice.
    People grinding them is an obvious abuse of an unconsidered side-effect
    trainees or whatever it is, it's not free and people are charged for that, also performing surgeries to them still consuming tools, am i right?
    =IGN : Crausse=

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
    trainees or whatever it is, it's not free and people are charged for that, also performing surgeries to them still consuming tools, am i right?
    So? Buying surg packs does not entitle you to anything.
    Also no, people that grind trainees say that they're tool neutral. They basically get all tools back and even profit due to role bonus drops.

    12.600 Surgeries for bob.
    7/wl for trainees.
    12.600wl / 7wl = 1800wl.

    Grinding a bob using trainees will cost you only up to 20dl with the likelyhood of them actually being profitable even without the caducei.
    Should an item that was worth 150dl a few months ago drop to 20dls because of an exploit? Obviously not!

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Recreate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Watching Shrek 5
    Posts
    2,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    Thingamabobs are continously dropping due to many people doing surgeries for the dr title and people grinding trainees.
    I suggest that trainees do no longer give caducei to prevent this.
    The whole point is to make L quest more affordable.
    Draconic wings are added to stop the inflation of it's price like pwings.

    Dr Titles also takes about 5k cad. Which is not even half the price of Bob and those already costed 80-140dls+ to do.

    Trust me, no one wants to spend another 100dls on train e to get a bob at same or lower of that price.
    [ IGN ]: PandoRika
    [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

    Status: DEAD

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Recreate View Post
    The whole point is to make L quest more affordable.
    Draconic wings are added to stop the inflation of it's price like pwings.

    Dr Titles also takes about 5k cad. Which is not even half the price of Bob and those already costed 80-140dls+ to do.

    Trust me, no one wants to spend another 100dls on train e to get a bob at same or lower of that price.
    Why should legendaries be more affordable?
    There's already too many running around with them.

    Your calculation for the dr. title is wrong as well, you ignore rewards (5000 surgeries have a high chance for a bob eg.).
    Please instead refer to my last post about trainees, which are the main topic and easier to estimate as well.

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer CandleJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,328

    Default

    Do you have Thingamabobs by any chance?

    I still cannot see the argument why should a nerf happen.

    The caducei from Train-E is intended. The moment the Dr. title and the Mercy Wings came out everything right now is as of expected. I'm only seeing the situation as a typical inflation expected from demand that was driven by this hype for a new title and wings with the concomitant drop in price.
    IGN: CandleJack

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post
    Do you have Thingamabobs by any chance?

    I still cannot see the argument why should a nerf happen.

    The caducei from Train-E is intended. The moment the Dr. title and the Mercy Wings came out everything right now is as of expected. I'm only seeing the situation as a typical inflation expected from demand that was driven by this hype for a new title and wings with the concomitant drop in price.
    The hype for dr title died down a lot already, it was just a catalyst.
    Also to answer your question: No I do not own any bobs.

  15. #15
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Still don't see a reason why the drop chance of thingamabobs should be nerfed...

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by austinlame View Post
    Still don't see a reason why the drop chance of thingamabobs should be nerfed...
    did you even read a single post of this thread?

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer xKaizoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,411

    Default

    meanwhile im still here doing surgeries for 4 years without any bob


    Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Ryuu Kaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    First Layer of Life
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    So? Buying surg packs does not entitle you to anything.
    Also no, people that grind trainees say that they're tool neutral. They basically get all tools back and even profit due to role bonus drops.

    12.600 Surgeries for bob.
    7/wl for trainees.
    12.600wl / 7wl = 1800wl.

    Grinding a bob using trainees will cost you only up to 20dl with the likelyhood of them actually being profitable even without the caducei.
    Should an item that was worth 150dl a few months ago drop to 20dls because of an exploit? Obviously not!
    if u care to think about it, then there's must be a reason behind the increment of geiger and surgery's prize, or u just simply dont care?

    and also before i was quitted which was 1-2 years ago however, the price of bob was ranged from 80-120dls iirc and definitely NOT 150 dls, so how come in "few months" ago it was in that number

    =IGN : Crausse=

  19. #19
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    did you even read a single post of this thread?
    You said it should be nerfed because the price is dropping due to increased amounts of surgeries. That isn't a reason to nerf it... that's how economics works.. It's not their job to keep prices of items stabilized, its their job to maintain a working game. In a normal economy, prices for certain things go up and down depending on new factors... that's normal...

  20. #20
    Lesser Wizard Superparty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by austinlame View Post
    You said it should be nerfed because the price is dropping due to increased amounts of surgeries. That isn't a reason to nerf it... that's how economics works.. It's not their job to keep prices of items stabilized, its their job to maintain a working game. In a normal economy, prices for certain things go up and down depending on new factors... that's normal...
    I completely agree with this statement.

    Now an answer to the poster of this thread:

    If you get the thingamabob by buying it with caducei it'll still cost you more than the actual thing anyways.
    If you count surg-e prices + the tools needed for the surgeries, the total amount of DLs used will be more than 150 and that is by no way profit since the bob is around 60-70 DLs right now if I'm not mistaken. And even if you got lucky and got the bob early on it still doesn't really matter because you got profit and you can use those DLs to get more profit like buying magplants and a rayman fist for BFGs alongside with some farmables. Besides, surgery wasn't made for players to profit from it, it was made to show your skills off by getting the Mercy wings and the Dr. title and get some other cool items along the way.

    So long story short.

    If you get the bob early you profit and everyone's happy.
    If you get the bob late or with the caducei you don't profit but you get some of the DLs you spent on surgery back.

    There is no need to nerf it's drop rate or raise it's caducei prize or remove it from the salesman or remove the feature where surg-es drop caducei, they were made for the sole purpose that people don't have to get other players in to their world just to do surgeries since you can have more Surg-es in a world than regular players. No matter how much you nerf it, people will still get it and it's price will drop eventually no matter what.


    IGN: Superparty
    Level: 63/125

    This site saves lives when it comes to trading. Check it out!
    https://growstocks.xyz/

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •