Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Thread: stop thingamabob dumping

  1. #21
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by austinlame View Post
    You said it should be nerfed because the price is dropping due to increased amounts of surgeries. That isn't a reason to nerf it... that's how economics works.. It's not their job to keep prices of items stabilized, its their job to maintain a working game. In a normal economy, prices for certain things go up and down depending on new factors... that's normal...
    My suggestion and main argument can be found in the first post.
    There I say, that doing surgeries through trainees results in thimbamabobs being dumped massively.
    And to counter that, doing surgeries with trainees should not give caducei.
    No drop rate change, no nothing.
    Also, yes, it is very much the devs job to try and keep the market as stable and fair as possible.

  2. #22
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    de eart
    Posts
    1,984

    Default

    welcome to growtopia your opinions are invalid
    &#​104;

  3. #23
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superparty View Post
    I completely agree with this statement.

    Now an answer to the poster of this thread:

    If you get the thingamabob by buying it with caducei it'll still cost you more than the actual thing anyways.
    If you count surg-e prices + the tools needed for the surgeries, the total amount of DLs used will be more than 150 and that is by no way profit since the bob is around 60-70 DLs right now if I'm not mistaken. And even if you got lucky and got the bob early on it still doesn't really matter because you got profit and you can use those DLs to get more profit like buying magplants and a rayman fist for BFGs alongside with some farmables. Besides, surgery wasn't made for players to profit from it, it was made to show your skills off by getting the Mercy wings and the Dr. title and get some other cool items along the way.

    So long story short.

    If you get the bob early you profit and everyone's happy.
    If you get the bob late or with the caducei you don't profit but you get some of the DLs you spent on surgery back.

    There is no need to nerf it's drop rate or raise it's caducei prize or remove it from the salesman. No matter how much you nerf it, people will still get it and it's price will drop eventually no matter what.

    Ok, I give up.
    We're at the second page and so far it's been 100% shitposts of people not reading the thread.

  4. #24
    Master Sorcerer Ryuu Kaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    First Layer of Life
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    Ok, I give up.
    We're at the second page and so far it's been 100% shitposts of people not reading the thread.
    how can u say all these are shitposts, all you've pointed out just that getting bob is totally free, buying pack and tools isn't dls consuming

    im pretty sure the people in this thread are all having a friend or even experienced the whole surgery things themselves

    mate everyone arent as rich as you, who could buy bobs as much as u want anywhere anytime.
    =IGN : Crausse=

  5. #25
    Lesser Wizard Superparty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    Ok, I give up.
    We're at the second page and so far it's been 100% shitposts of people not reading the thread.
    I have read the thread and I have told you the answer for it: "Don't disable caducei drops from Surg-es" and I provided you with the reason why and as far as I remember Train-es aren't supposed to give rare prizes.

    If you're that money and powerhungry I can't help you but the state of the thingamabob will probably stay as it is.

    Now my suggestion for you is to get another way to get profit since surgery is clearly not made for it. And besides why are you so obsessed with thingamabobs being dropped so much? There are clearly more ways to profit if that is your intention in the first place of course.

    Also, it would be helpful if you point out the flaws in a post and not just insult it because you don't agree with it.


    IGN: Superparty
    Level: 63/125

    This site saves lives when it comes to trading. Check it out!
    https://growstocks.xyz/

  6. #26
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
    how can u say all these are shitposts, all you've pointed out just that getting bob is totally free, buying pack and tools isn't dls consuming

    im pretty sure the people in this thread are all having a friend or even experienced the whole surgery things themselves

    mate everyone arent as rich as you, who could buy bobs as much as u want anywhere anytime.
    I mean fair enough, maybe my opinion would differ if I wasnt close to having two legendaries.
    This sociological evaluation does not devaluate my other arguments though.
    As for the shitposts, here's an example: Imagine someone skim reads your posts and starts argumenting using the straw man fallacy, then someone else who also didn't read your posts quotes the straw man as a reply to something you supposedly said, while others straight up ignore what you said.

  7. #27
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superparty View Post
    I have read the thread and I have told you the answer for it: "Don't disable caducei drops from Surg-es" and I provided you with the reason why and as far as I remember Train-es aren't supposed to give rare prizes.

    If you're that money and powerhungry I can't help you but the state of the thingamabob will probably stay as it is.

    Now my suggestion for you is to get another way to get profit since surgery is clearly not made for it. And besides why are you so obsessed with thingamabobs being dropped so much? There are clearly more ways to profit if that is your intention in the first place of course.

    Also, it would be helpful if you point out the flaws in a post and not just insult it because you don't agree with it.
    Your first post states, that it's an answer to the op of this thread - me.
    But where do I mention "nerf it's drop rate", "raise it's caducei prize" (did you mean price?), "remove it from the salesman", or "remove the feature where surg-es drop caducei"?
    As for the last one, I mean "Train-E"s (I've been refering to those as "trainees", since "train-es" sounds aweful), not "Surg-E"s should stop rewarding caducei.

    The "long version" also refers to surg-es as basis (not train-es) and austinlame (not me) and ignores the estimation I did a few posts earlier.
    Basically out of context

  8. #28
    Lesser Wizard Superparty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    Your first post states, that it's an answer to the op of this thread - me.
    But where do I mention "nerf it's drop rate", "raise it's caducei prize" (did you mean price?), "remove it from the salesman", or "remove the feature where surg-es drop caducei"?
    As for the last one, I mean "Train-E"s (I've been refering to those as "trainees", since "train-es" sounds aweful), not "Surg-E"s should stop rewarding caducei.

    The "long version" also refers to surg-es as basis (not train-es) and austinlame (not me) and ignores the estimation I did a few posts earlier.
    Basically out of context
    If you did state Trainees I apologise since I sometimes get dislexia and it seems I read Surg-Es instead.

    And by the caducei thing, I just figured you mean it by the posts you made but it seems I was wrong so I'm sorry if you feel attacked for it.

    And as for the post, I'm still for the fact that any surgery gives a caduceus since it's a reward for a successful one anyways. So even if a train-e doesn't give rare prizes it should still give caducei because the player has spent WLs and DLs on tools for it anyways.


    IGN: Superparty
    Level: 63/125

    This site saves lives when it comes to trading. Check it out!
    https://growstocks.xyz/

  9. #29
    Master Sorcerer ooopsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I don't think so
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superparty View Post
    If you did state Trainees I apologise since I sometimes get dislexia and it seems I read Surg-Es instead.

    And by the caducei thing, I just figured you mean it by the posts you made but it seems I was wrong so I'm sorry if you feel attacked for it.

    And as for the post, I'm still for the fact that any surgery gives a caduceus since it's a reward for a successful one anyways. So even if a train-e doesn't give rare prizes it should still give caducei because the player has spent WLs and DLs on tools for it anyways.
    Problem is, applying surgery on train-es mainly gives you tools and some might even break out with profit just because they are rewarded with tools, not to mention how they get a ton of role drops basically making every caduceus you get priceless. You can basically get 12600 caduceus by buying tools and train-es then selling role drops, and eventually you get a thingamabob for free. I believe that's what the OP means.

    To OP, I get where you are coming from, but 12600 surgeries for a skilled surgeon is 28-30 hours of grinding, not to mention the time you need to buy train-es, buy tools and sell role drops. I kind of agree with you, but it is still a 35 hour grind just to get a thingamabob. Maybe make it so train-es don't drop caducei since they are for training purposes only (I think you mentioned this already), or just make it so players with a surgeon skill above 20 unable to perform surgeries on them (but then demand would go down sharply).
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."


    Sewing and smithing service!

  10. #30
    Master Sorcerer HugeLock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    2,688

    Default

    1 surgery on a train-e is around 1Wl, so 12000 surgeries is still 120 dls..
    IGN: Ephus


    - Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

    I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

    "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

  11. #31
    Master Sorcerer ooopsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I don't think so
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    1 surgery on a train-e is around 1Wl, so 12000 surgeries is still 120 dls..
    Well you get a ton of tools as prizes, such as stitches... Also you get a lot of role drops like electrical power cubes in batches of 5. Trust me, 12600 surgeries on train-es would cost you like 18dls after you sell everything, might even cost less (as long as your surgeon role is properly levelled up)
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."


    Sewing and smithing service!

  12. #32
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    My suggestion and main argument can be found in the first post.
    There I say, that doing surgeries through trainees results in thimbamabobs being dumped massively.
    And to counter that, doing surgeries with trainees should not give caducei.
    No drop rate change, no nothing.
    Also, yes, it is very much the devs job to try and keep the market as stable and fair as possible.
    Yes, it's their job to keep the market stable. A stable market has items that go up or down in value. It is also their job to make sure the market is fair. How is lowering the drop rate for thingamabobs fair? If anything that would make it unfair for players with fewer amount of world locks. Your argument doesn't make any sense. I agree that the train-es have caused an increased amount of thingamabobs in the game, resulting in the price drop of the item. But how is that a problem?

  13. #33
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Train es are like 4/wl now so its prob not profitable and its gonna be q boring doing 12 800 surgeries on traines
    Buying silkworms 1/4 2/9 msg me in game DELICACYS or post in SELLZERO

  14. #34
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    1 surgery on a train-e is around 1Wl, so 12000 surgeries is still 120 dls..
    Surgery cost only train e price and some tools will be lost, but same time some tools become more. So no, surg wont cost 1wl for sure. I tested make 100 surgs with train e and most of tools went over 200 during the surgs while i had 200 each tool when i started this test. So i didn't lose much tools.

    Here. I had 200 each tools when i started and after 100 train e i had these:

    152 aneste
    196 antibio
    152 scalpel
    140 stit
    249 spong
    206 lab
    230 trans
    206 pins
    230 clamp
    179 ultra
    191 splint
    207 def
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  15. #35
    Master Sorcerer ItsKyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Surgery cost only train e price and some tools will be lost, but same time some tools become more. So no, surg wont cost 1wl for sure. I tested make 100 surgs with train e and most of tools went over 200 during the surgs while i had 200 each tool when i started this test. So i didn't lose much tools.

    Here. I had 200 each tools when i started and after 100 train e i had these:

    152 aneste
    196 antibio
    152 scalpel
    140 stit
    249 spong
    206 lab
    230 trans
    206 pins
    230 clamp
    179 ultra
    191 splint
    207 def
    Why do i find this funny that comparing this to real life is catastrophic. How do you start off with 200 and end up with 249
    Oh and i know its called profit
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

  16. #36
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    13,650

    Default

    I, for one, welcome the prospect of affordable thingamabobs.

    ok y'all the pics back

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

  17. #37
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I, for one, welcome the prospect of affordable thingamabobs.
    Do you really want cheap legendaries though?
    Or do you perhaps want the exlusivity legendaries bring with them? You could just buy smog or any handheld dragon and be done with it, but youre aiming for the dragon.
    There's thousands of growtopians with a net worth of around 100dl and if the thingamabob continues to drop itll just be a matter of time before the legendary dragon will be as rare as zeus.

    Why should end game content that many have grinded thousands of hours for suddenly be available to the lazy masses? Something that previously took a year now becomes a weekly matter.
    Selfmade absolvents of legendary quests - such as myself - are entitled to at least that much market stability.
    Theres also people that dont like the limited quantity of phoenix wings, but in truth they just want the legendary wings as cheap as possible - preferably free.

    There's also the matter of surgeries themselves:
    Why should anyone apart from doing quests even do classical surgeries when the 1/12600 drop is practically worthless and not worth the time investement?
    Theres a single and very good reason why the surgery pack is many times more popular than eg. the galactic tools pack: The chance of obtaining a super rare thingamabob.

    Not to mention that train-es were created as a tool of practice, explicitely without rare rewards.
    Saying that grinding train-es is hard is pure hypocracy because itd have to compare 1:1 with the surg-e where its blatant that its not!
    Grinding train-es is an exploit!

    Tldr: theres more to it than just bobs being cheap or expensive

  18. #38
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    no have
    Posts
    539

    Default henlo

    "ah ah thingamabob ah"

    yes this is dumb they should make it so train-e's don't give caducei

    bobs should stay where they are and train-e's should be nerfed or something I don't know but like can we stop with this pointless arguing.

    thingamabobs should not be cheap. I don't like the idea of seeing items that are supposed to be expensive become widespread, (they're called legendaries for a reason). I'd love to have one, but I'd rather it stay where it is. Also "oh its a 36 hour grind blah blah"

    not like you have to do them all in one day bruh

    tldr

    just nerf train-e
    legendaries should still be expensive because they should be exclusive.

  19. #39
    Master Sorcerer Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Brexit means Brexit.
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    You literally just ignored everything I said to repeat yourself.
    Kind of proves my point
    Actually your argument is invalid,

    You can't just say "your argument is invalid" and totally disregard someone's opinion.
    The growtopian put in the effort, therefore they get the thingamabob.
    In compensation you have no chance of getting a thingambob dropped as a reward from a trainee. The devs were well aware of this when they implemented them to the game, and they made them balanced.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I can't be bothered arguing, I'll do I tommorow morning when I'm on Pc and not a small phone screen.
    I can't change my past. Thats why I live in the present and fix my future.

    Growtopian name- FurtherMaths

  20. #40
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    so you're not gonna acknowledge the cost it take to reach lv6 surgeon and how much time it takes to surg 12600 train es?
    IGN : Liquify

    To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •