117. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4 items

26 22.22%
  • 1 item

91 77.78%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iotm is 1 item why make 4 items

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    How is it gambling when the IOTM system has already been changed to equal chances of getting the 4 colors
    Suppose we load our russian roulette "wheel" with 3 blanks, 3 goodies. Somebody's still going to get the goodies, and somebody's still going to get the blanks.

Lesser Wizard

Can we have a wrenchable block iotm.we havent had it for a while
    IGN: JINYOUNG0922

Back in my day we didn't even have IOTM. You should be glad it exists at all. You don't want variety hop in a time machine and go back in time.

I hope they make every IOTM pink or yellow just to spite you.

Banned

mistakes were made, items were added, what can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by PlasmaStar View Post
    Local stores like Walmart do not have spinning russian roulette wheels with different colors on the "barrel" pointed toward your head and we both know that. This is called gambling, and in the gaming community "loot boxing". Which is illegal in certain areas btw.

Continuing to profit on known illegal activities is unethical.

Emojis are always necessary.

People throw hard(er) earned CASH at the gems store for gems, making their bank account less and less, for RANDOM cosmetic articles.

I fail to see a valid argument in this. What is your point?

If your point is that gambling should be illegal, it's growtopia's game, not ours. It's clearly a game designed to make money on their part, and it's perfectly fine on their part.

And no one is telling you to buy the ITOM for gems, you can alternatively buy it for wls.

Also, please do share from which areas in the world it's illegal to buy stuff from games. I'd love to hear all about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    Back in my day we didn't even have IOTM. You should be glad it exists at all. You don't want variety hop in a time machine and go back in time.

I hope they make every IOTM pink or yellow just to spite you.
    Amen brother, amen.
    Love the life you live and live the life you love

GrowID || BellaSock

Emoji abuse
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie

Local stores like Walmart do not have spinning russian roulette wheels with different colors on the "barrel" pointed toward your head and we both know that. This is called gambling, and in the gaming community "loot boxing". Which is illegal in certain areas btw.

Continuing to profit on known illegal activities is unethical.

Emojis are always necessary.

People throw hard(er) earned CASH at the gems store for gems, making their bank account less and less, for RANDOM cosmetic articles.

If we are going the “loot box method” then growtopia as a game is illegal lol, (Valentines, ghost packs, blue Ances farming, acctualls wait farming in general in some situations, fossils, school packs (The new school boy/girl outfits), Halloween) My point is that if you complain about one aspect like the IOTM being randomized you have to complain about everything else not just that one aspect... And currently I think the new 4color system is fine since it stops absurd amounts of gems staying in the economy and it makes Ubisoft money which keeps the servers up...
    CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

ART CONTEST 1DL Prize!

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ed-Art-Contest)

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    If your point is that gambling should be illegal, it's growtopia's game, not ours. It's clearly a game designed to make money on their part, and it's perfectly fine on their part.

Also, please do share from which areas in the world it's illegal to buy stuff from games. I'd love to hear all about this.
    First off, gambling IS "illegal" inside the game.

Second off, the term is LOOT BOXING.

Third, it's not "illegal", it's ILLEGAL, as in it doesn't matter WHOSE game it is, it's still beeping illegal. Loot boxing has been a big controversy lately and we're not going to pretend it's the same thing as leisurely "buying stuff from games".

In different areas, loot boxing is either banned, or highly frowned upon. If not banned, companies are being pressured into displaying the odds of "winning". Now, we can be fair and say the odds for each color is 1/4, but the company would still be at fault for not directly displaying the odds.

First off, gambling IS "illegal" inside the game.

Second off, the term is LOOT BOXING.

Third, it's not "illegal", it's ILLEGAL, as in it doesn't matter WHOSE game it is, it's still beeping illegal. Loot boxing has been a big controversy lately and we're not going to pretend it's the same thing as leisurely "buying stuff from games".

In different areas, loot boxing is either banned, or highly frowned upon. If not banned, companies are being pressured into displaying the odds of "winning". Now, we can be fair and say the odds for each color is 1/4, but the company would still be at fault for not directly displaying the odds.
    -um first of all, there are lots of source of gems in the game, if you buy something luck-ish using gems and you get trash then that's just on you (other lootbox-ish games has less to no source of the currency, so no)
    -second, lootboxes have one common trait: all their prizes have varying qualities. IOTMs on the other hand, has similar qualities, community decides the price. If one variant is more expensive than the other, blame community.
    -third, once again, RARITY ≠ EXPENSIVE. Sure, the past few months had one variant slightly rarer than the other, but Growtopia is a multiplayer mmo, meaning COMMUNITY DECIDES PRICES. If you get the rarer variant doesn't mean you'll make more profit if you sell it than if you get another variant (eg. see white crystal - black crystal, magnifying glass - medical scarf, etc)
    -last, since it's of the same quality, we can assume that the prices are around the same (with maybe 1-10wl difference) so you can always sell the one you got and buy the one you want

TL;DR it's hard to determine the quality of the prize to categorize it into lootbox since the quality is determined by community with basic economy stuff. Also you can get the currency needed to "spin" easily in game, while in other games you have to either grind or do IAP (or ouright spinning with cash) to "spin" the lootboxes
    Can't find motivation to life. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monaca
    I'm done. Monaca out.
    Discord tag: Neisse#4039
    IGN: NoEmotion
    Yes, I'm mean sometimes. Deal with it.

More colours = Increased sales.

Increased sales = less gems

The rest is common sense.

yep and let me explain the common sense because u didnt include it:

No the more colors wont get more sales, less sales actually. RED/BLUE/PURPLE/YELLOW choice. Lets say all the colors are worth the same, 100wls each. You spend 200k gems (200kgem is worth 100wl about) to spin the wheel and theres a 25% chance of getting BLUE. What if you dont get your desired color? Should I gamble another 200kgems(100wl) to try get BLUE from shop knowing that I might not get BLUE again or just buy iotm with wls from someone else? These two questions are what people think and is what stops them from buying from the shop raw. So no, not necessarily increased sales.

Also I prefer having more colours, it gives me a wider range of choice as a consumer.
    So you prefer to have a PINK GROWSCAN, BLUE GROWSCAN, YELLOW GROWSCAN, or BLUE ZEPHYR HELM, RED ZEPHYR HLEM OR YELLOW ZEPIR HELM OR BLUE GHASTLY ROBE OR GREEN GROWFROMER A RED MAGPLANT YELLOW You realize 4 different colors must be included in new iotms is what stops them from being as good as the old iotms, and I put a 10wl bet you are gonna blame me for "old iotm was useful" no old iotm was just 1 item, stop changing topic.+ Have you lookee at the last iotm, RIDING WORLD LOCK, you tell me if it would be better as 1 item or 4 items

with different trails.
    Why do we have different colours of T- shirts in real life?
    Because other people want to wear different colors. Go use that argument and put into the riding world lock iotm then find someone sane that liked it. Btw when ur saying different colours of T-shirts in real life, thats a bad example cuz then you refer to 1000+ colors and current iotm is not 1000+ colors. then if you say why people wear 4 different colors of tshirts in reallife i would struggle to understand if thats a compliment or not
    Also were the emojis at the end really necessary?
    Sorry for the emojis it was unprofessional but iotms -> iotm must happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niome View Post
    The reason why this is a part of the game is "Currency Void", which helps with infaltion.
    People throw gems to the store, making gems less and less, etc.
    the iotm was already doing that though. whats the need of changing it to 4 colors? it doesnt increase the amoint of purchases (explained in my previous reply)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    makes the item more universal, one might have a red set so they'd want a red version of the item, but if there was only one version of it, they'd not get that choice
    Makes IOTMS more universal but less unique as there are 4 versions of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vrlz View Post
    Agree, 4 colors of iotm is a bad idea also nowadays the iotm just common effects, nothing special like royal lock, magplant, or growscan
    Iotms are allowed to have normal effects from other clothes or stuff (high jump, parasol, nightvision) but not op gamebreaking effects that royal lock, magplants have. but i think growscan is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    at this point lets just name it FCIsOBAM (Four Colo(u)r Items Of Barely A Month)
    Didn't get the joke, read as spam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    How is it gambling when the IOTM system has already been changed to equal chances of getting the 4 colors
    Because: Equal chances of getting 4 colors "ORDER" is random. Buy 4 packs from the store, you may not get all 4 colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    Watched as spam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JINYOUNG0922 View Post
    Can we have a wrenchable block iotm.we havent had it for a while
    I agree. Everyones just talking about the random factor of the iotm but thats not my point and going off topic. My point is, because 4 colors are a must, good iotms like WRENCHABLE BLOCK IOTMS cannot be invented.

- - - Updated - - -

I fail to see a valid argument in this. What is your point?
    My point is the IOTMS should be an IOTM. 4 retextures the same item changed to 1 item.
    They will still make money from IOTM anyway, 4 different colors doesnt increase sales.

And no one is telling you to buy the ITOM for gems, you can alternatively buy it for wls.
    Which is what is happening right now, there is no point of making 4 different colors to encourage more packs to be bought because people will just buy their desired color for the wls than gamble thousands of gems to millions from the shop.

It took me a 10 second search. But thats off topic.
    - - - Updated - - -

Amen brother, amen.
    You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopyhupis View Post
    If we are going the “loot box method” then growtopia as a game is illegal lol, (Valentines, ghost packs, blue Ances farming, acctualls wait farming in general in some situations, fossils, school packs (The new school boy/girl outfits), Halloween)

Its illegal when the game says "You will get a BLUE", doesn't mention about any other colors or it says "BLUE AND YELLOW". Actually it really depends on the laws of the area ur in so some of this is untrue.

My point is that if you complain about one aspect like the IOTM being randomized you have to complain about everything else not just that one aspect... And currently I think the new 4color system is fine since it stops absurd amounts of gems staying in the economy and it makes Ubisoft money which keeps the servers up...
    No we dont need to complain about everything else, we had IOTM in the past as 1 item and it was better for the majority thats why we are hitting on the IOTM. Again the new 4 color system doesnt influence MORE PACKS BOUGHT, explained in my other reply already. IOTM was already making sales and still will, im pretty sure they have alot of money but they just handle the game badly.

Quote Originally Posted by No Emotions View Post
    -um first of all, there are lots of source of gems in the game, if you buy something luck-ish using gems and you get trash then that's just on you (other lootbox-ish games has less to no source of the currency, so no)
    So thats why people would buy it for wls instead of gambling with gems which is why it doesnt increase pack sales. Thanks for summing it up.

-second, lootboxes have one common trait: all their prizes have varying qualities. IOTMs on the other hand, has similar qualities, community decides the price. If one variant is more expensive than the other, blame community.
    The community establishes the price (at this point, because of the 4 color rule and special , iotms went to worthless and all are near the same price), the consumer will purchase desired variant. If there were no variants, the iotm would be more available and easier for the consumers (buyers).

-third, once again, RARITY ≠ EXPENSIVE. Sure, the past few months had one variant slightly rarer than the other, but Growtopia is a multiplayer mmo, meaning COMMUNITY DECIDES PRICES. If you get the rarer variant doesn't mean you'll make more profit if you sell it than if you get another variant (eg. see white crystal - black crystal, magnifying glass - medical scarf, etc)
    actually white and black are both rare, white is needed in more recipes and black only to make bcd for dc but still lose 30dls if u win anyway, which is why white is valued more. magnifying glass and medical scarf i personally think its to do with aesthetics, medical scarf looks more appealing than a weird alienlike stick following you around which could make it more expensive.

-last, since it's of the same quality, we can assume that the prices are around the same (with maybe 1-10wl difference) so you can always sell the one you got and buy the one you want
    Correct, but this doesnt make more pack sales hence the idea of 4 colors is redundant as that is its main purpose.

TL;DR it's hard to determine the quality of the prize to categorize it into lootbox since the quality is determined by community with basic economy stuff. Also you can get the currency needed to "spin" easily in game, while in other games you have to either grind or do IAP (or ouright spinning with cash) to "spin" the lootboxes
    TL;DR read my replies.