Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Unobtainable Gross-Out items

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer WoodCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    🇸🇪
    Posts
    1,194

    Default Unobtainable Gross-Out items

    So while editing the Growtopia Wikia I stumbled upon a text saying that the Slithering Serpent Hair replaced the Giant Eye Head because it was "too gross".
    After that I tried to find more information about why and when the Giant Eye Head got replaced.

    This is all I could find:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Thousand-Eyes
    https://twitter.com/growtopiagame/st...98112041000961
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...Grossout-items
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...s-were-removed
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    The removal of those items were not just based on what the team wants. We had a poll and survey out for the community to partake in. We based the removal of those items from those two to get what the community wants in and out of this feature.
    But all of these findings just made me even more confused. Where is the poll and survery that NekoRei is talking about? Is it the surveymonkey one from twitter? I would love to get more informtion so I can understand this part of Growtopia history and add it to the Growtopia Wikia.


    Last time I checked I had: 2,000 subscribers!

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Yes, it was the surveymonkey one. The link to the survey was placed in the Gazette in game as well.

    The removal of a few items came as quite a shock tbh. I don't think I saw anyone saying that they wanted those items to be removed. Even if there were, probably a very small minority. I only saw people saying that the items were 'ew'. I did too(some of them are legitimately nasty, but that's the point) but I never meant it in the way where I wanted them to be unobtainable. They never asked officially, whether we wanted items to be removed. They assumed it, I guess. This was why some were upset. There was basically no prior heads up that removing items was an option that they considered.
    Last edited by Solarex; 10-06-2019 at 08:30 PM.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer WoodCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    🇸🇪
    Posts
    1,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solarex View Post
    Yes, it was the surveymonkey one. The link to the survey was placed in the Gazette in game as well.

    The removal of a few items came as quite a shock tbh. I don't think I saw anyone saying that they wanted those items to be removed. Even if there were, probably a very small minority. I only saw people saying that the items were 'ew'. I did too(some of them are legitimately nasty, but that's the point) but I never meant it in the way where I wanted them to be unobtainable. They never asked officially, whether we wanted items to be removed. They assumed it, I guess. This was why some were upset. There was basically no prior heads up that removing items was an option that they considered.
    Thanks for your reply


    Last time I checked I had: 2,000 subscribers!

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer WoodCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    🇸🇪
    Posts
    1,194

    Default

    bump, i want more information


    Last time I checked I had: 2,000 subscribers!

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer TheNightmxre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodCollector View Post
    bump, i want more information
    There is no more information. It was removed, and the devs said they may or may not return in the future.

    I’m pretty sure there was actually complaints in the survey as stupid as it sounds. Because Giant eye head riding roach and beast are all Super detailed items that took effort to make and there was no reason for them to just replace them, unless people in the survey actually disliked them.
    hello

    Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer WoodCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    🇸🇪
    Posts
    1,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNightmxre View Post
    There is no more information. It was removed, and the devs said they may or may not return in the future.

    I’m pretty sure there was actually complaints in the survey as stupid as it sounds. Because Giant eye head riding roach and beast are all Super detailed items that took effort to make and there was no reason for them to just replace them, unless people in the survey actually disliked them.
    The survey I linked to only has one question with three preset options. Surely there is another survey if people could mention specific items?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also the items were replaced together with the Mutant Kitchen update, correct?


    Last time I checked I had: 2,000 subscribers!

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Techy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    5,426

    Default

    This was the survey. The option people voted for most was the second one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gross-Out Survey
    Shift things around a little with Mutations!

    Tone down the gross but keep it weird with items like Extra Undead Arms and Eyes on Stalks while adding new things like Mutant Eyes, Tentacle Feet, Claw Hands and more!
    The problem here is that it did not declare that with this option that they would be removing items, all it insinuated was that players wanted toned-down gross items (in fact, no option stated the permanent removal of items). Strangely, they kept the Riding Poop (an epitome of "disgusting"), and re-added the Googly-Woogly Glooberhellifreakilisticexpialigrossness Fleshy Eye Blocks as green variants - why? What's the point of removing a set of blocks and making them unobtainable to then re-add a variant of them in the revamp of the update?? What was wrong with Puggly?? They also kept all the vile cooking items (space poop, gross beans, alien brains strudel, fatberg block, and more). No balance changes were made either (although not said above, people did vocally ask for balancing).

    Not many complained too much on the forums too from what I saw. Additionally, I saw no one asking for items to be removed.

    People still value these items, Beast with a Thousand Eyes Mask is still desired and has risen to around 100-200DLs. Riding Roach and Giant Eye mask are still sought after. There is still a market for these items, even more so than the current replacements of the items.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

    Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodCollector View Post
    The survey I linked to only has one question with three preset options. Surely there is another survey if people could mention specific items?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also the items were replaced together with the Mutant Kitchen update, correct?
    That was the only survey. 1 question and we could only choose 1 out of the 3 options.

    I don't remember them revealing the results of the survey. Though it's true that you can infer that the second option got the majority votes since the event was literally renamed as 'Mutant Kitchen'. I would be surprised if the second option was actually the most popular out of the 3.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer TeachMeHow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    A Place Far Away
    Posts
    1,520

    Default

    First off all, they shouldn't removed first gross-out items since the name of the event say so.... Second they can't just recall every item back to there grasp while the people are having fun. Third, before they release this update they should ask the community first, What's more smooth "Gross Cookfest or Non-Gross Cookfest before releasing the update. Fourth, you should put a Warning label that's speaks to all people with phobias. Disclaimer: I'm not against all of you just a early reminder. You just ruined a good old scary items. Srsly we can't have scary and horrific stuff. Only stuff with good graphics and edited stuff or just crappy designs. Just plead that to reverse the effect. Or do something else. I can't find more horrific stuff to show off or just to wear. Rather than the Dangerous Pineapple
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 48/125
    Goals: Technically I hope I get donated a DL or anything high valuable ( Wls ). I never exprience atleast that moment Just go by M4K3U
    Description: I'm a mature person, I'm very playful

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Malware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    This was the survey. The option people voted for most was the second one:


    The problem here is that it did not declare that with this option that they would be removing items, all it insinuated was that players wanted toned-down gross items (in fact, no option stated the permanent removal of items). Strangely, they kept the Riding Poop (an epitome of "disgusting"), and re-added the Googly-Woogly Glooberhellifreakilisticexpialigrossness Fleshy Eye Blocks as green variants - why? What's the point of removing a set of blocks and making them unobtainable to then re-add a variant of them in the revamp of the update?? What was wrong with Puggly?? They also kept all the vile cooking items (space poop, gross beans, alien brains strudel, fatberg block, and more). No balance changes were made either (although not said above, people did vocally ask for balancing).

    Not many complained too much on the forums too from what I saw. Additionally, I saw no one asking for items to be removed.

    People still value these items, Beast with a Thousand Eyes Mask is still desired and has risen to around 100-200DLs. Riding Roach and Giant Eye mask are still sought after. There is still a market for these items, even more so than the current replacements of the items.
    The sad part is a mod would probably just reply to this quote saying "Puggly was not removed." (It wasn't btw if you were curious).

    I think they should do another poll, this time asking if people want to ADD the items back.(ofc if they get added back, they should still be rare to get[even rarer than before])




    As for the poll, I actually took it. I'm pretty sure it was more than one question. Can't help with anymore info as I forgot the rest.

    Oh, also something that caught my attention was, when asking locke about the removed items, he says those were not items at all ever.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer TheNightmxre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    The sad part is a mod would probably just reply to this quote saying "Puggly was not removed." (It wasn't btw if you were curious).

    I think they should do another poll, this time asking if people want to ADD the items back.(ofc if they get added back, they should still be rare to get[even rarer than before])




    As for the poll, I actually took it. I'm pretty sure it was more than one question. Can't help with anymore info as I forgot the rest.

    Oh, also something that caught my attention was, when asking locke about the removed items, he says those were not items at all ever.
    I’m pretty sure it’s because the name of it is Riding ‘roach with the apostrophe or whatever that is.
    hello

    Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Malware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNightmxre View Post
    I’m pretty sure it’s because the name of it is Riding ‘roach with the apostrophe or whatever that is.
    I also(before) tried the beast with a thousand eyes mask. Although I probably did miss it, I still couldn't find info on Giant Eye Head either. I don't think I could have misspelled those...who knows...maybe I did. I don't wanna spread false info. But I know I couldn't find any info on it.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Techy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    5,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malware View Post
    Oh, also something that caught my attention was, when asking locke about the removed items, he says those were not items at all ever.
    "Riding 'roach" has an apostrophe before roach.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

    Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

  14. #14
    Administrator Ayame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Hi, thanks for the feedback and the interest, we're definitely happy to hear the opinion of the community regarding game items. We cannot confirm if they are going to be added back but we'll inform you in time if any changes are made

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •