Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Daily Challenge Update

Default [Feedback] Daily Challenge Update

Name:  Grow_UPD_OCT19_V1.2.png
Views: 1297
Size:  31.6 KB

Hello Growtopians!

Ready for a challenge! The Daily Challenge Update is now live! Check it out and let us know what you think about it in this thread. We would love to know your insights regarding this update.

You can read our announcement here.

XoXo,

NekoRei

Default "A new challenge approaches"

Let's discuss the update here.
    Ephus (Set #2 currently in use!)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

Wait....so..... now everyday is a competition like guild events? Seems interesting

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post

Hello Growtopians!

Ready for a challenge! The Daily Challenge Update is now live! Check it out and let us know what you think about it in this thread. We would love to know your insights regarding this update.

XoXo,

NekoRei
    please fix the current bug and glitches first...
    Quitted, this is the end for waiting growtopia..
    However,
    WILL BE BACK SOME DAYS.

Hey, nice to meet ya!

Kranken Giveaway Thread

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Goals
    Be lvl 125( lvl 79 )
    Have 2 magplant [nope]

Can't wait to see
    Hi there!, Have a gud day xD

I locked like alot of worlds just by the news lmao pretty sure I have to get lucky to get a world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirito, Sao Abridged View Post
    Shoot for the stars! It'll make it more fun when I kick you back into the dirt.
    I am an Editor for Growtopia Wiki

Guide to lazy profiting here

It looks pretty interesting. At least can we get information about today's challenge? So, we can prepare for it.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; GrowPass in GrowTopia!

nah..........

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    It looks pretty interesting. At least can we get information about today's challenge? So, we can prepare for it.
    Dude, there haven't ever been info before dailys, so we just need wait and see (you need prepare for every possible daily challenge what it could be, if you want prepare). My only concern is, do top guilds now recruit with new demands? They wont invite no supporters after this.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Dude, there haven't ever been info before dailys, so we just need wait and see (you need prepare for every possible daily challenge what it could be, if you want prepare). My only concern is, do top guilds now recruit with new demands? They wont invite no supporters after this.
    Yes i know but they can control this kind of events i guess. And let me tell you why most of players see daily challenges like dead feature. Because few players prepare everything for each challenges and normal players can't even reach them to be in top 5. Even if you can prepare for it, Daily Challengers are crazy, they can do everything like 3x speed. You can't even reach them.

Challenge Board should give info about Next Challenge like < The next Daily Challenge is Doctor's Duel in 8:22:46 > With this info, atleast more than 500 players gonna prepare for the next event.
    Name:  dqrr.png
Views: 1093
Size:  95.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post

Hello Growtopians!

XoXo,

NekoRei
    startopia dc hype!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    Yes i know but they can control this kind of events i guess. And let me tell you why most of players see daily challenges like dead feature. Because few players prepare everything for each challenges and normal players can't even reach them to be in top 5. Even if you can prepare for it, Daily Challengers are crazy, they can do everything like 3x speed. You can't even reach them.

Challenge Board should give info about Next Challenge like < The next Daily Challenge is Doctor's Duel in 8:22:46 > With this info, atleast more than 500 players gonna prepare for the next event.
    Name:  dqrr.png
Views: 1093
Size:  95.3 KB
    Yea, this would be cool.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Got a few questions about the guild challenge:
    Do the prizes go to everyone in the guild even if they didnt contribute?
    Is there a minimum contribution to the challenge set to get the prizes within the guild so someone cant join a top guild and lets say defeat one pet trainer for a prize?

I think a way to know what challenge is coming next would be great to allow guilds time to prepare a little bit. I can see this being an issue however for challenges such as mutant kitchen, carnival and geiger that come on random days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayame View Post
    Hello Growtopians,

The first Daily Challenge will start tomorrow 2 a.m. Growtopian time, so we can offer live support to our players.
    Hello ayame, it would be better if you inform us about next daily challenge theme. We just have 2 hours to defeat others and even 2-3minutes pretty important for challenges. Again probably there will be 10-20 players that prepared everything for each challenges. While they are doing challenges, we can't spend time to buy tools for challenges. So, only few players going to join event, or you can inform us about next challenge

Since the daily challenge got delayed to be more convenient to moderators, will it be back to normal the next day? Because after waiting for a long while, the daily challenge is finally going to be in my timezone, and now THIS just happens. I am happy about the update, it's a very good one; but I am upset about the delay.

Default NEW CHALLENGER

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 800
Size:  138.0 KB
    WHOOPS can't wait to see
    Hi there!, Have a gud day xD

Quote Originally Posted by jigjig420 View Post
    nah..........
    Ephus (Set #2 currently in use!)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

Default My opinions on the new guild daily challenges, and daily challenges in general.

As an avid daily challenger, I was both excited and scared for this new daily challenges update. I personally have participated in well over one hundred and fifty challenges in my lifetime, placing top three in over one hundred of them and number one in over thirty. Daily challenges are probably my main interest in this game, and the main reason why I still play Growtopia, the game I have loved for over six years. So when I saw the new update was "daily challenge features", I was very excited. Although they are very enjoyable, daily challenges have had a good number of problems, and I was hoping they would finally be fixed. I was also very nervous though, because if daily challenges were ruined, it would destroy my whole Growtopia experience. While I do find the new update interesting, I also think that none of the core problems with daily challenges have been fixed. Here is a list of changes I think daily challenges need.

1. Two hours is too long. I think that a one hour challenge would be better, more people could find free time to join, and challenges would become more competitive. Right now people are building up a lead, and stopping about half way through the challenge anyways. Many of the challenges are very expensive, and this would help to bring down the cost of joining, making it more competitive. While I like winning, its not as much fun to win when nobody else is competing.

2. Many of the challenges are pay 2 win. Challenges have been around for many years now, and because of that everybody is trying to find the best new strategy to win. Because of this, there have become certain ways to win at challenges, that require world locks instead of skill. Examples of this would be:

Fishing frenzy: Players are awarded points for catching the most/biggest fish. Candy cane bait catches two times more fish than any other bait, and it costs about four to five world locks each. This means that only richer players can use this bait, and it gives them a huge advantage with no extra skill. There is not an easy solution to this problem, because even if candy cane bait is removed, there will always be one bait that is better than the other.

Doctors duel: Players are awarded points for completing a surgery, minus points for every tool they use. This leads to players using legals briefs, which cost around fifteen world locks each, to skip the harder surgeries to score more points. From my experience players use anywhere from 30-100 briefs, costing tens of diamond locks. This makes this challenge a diamond lock contest, not a surgery skill contest. There is an easy solution to this, which is to make legal briefs worth -100 points. This way you are not penalized heavily for using them, but it is not worthwhile to skip the hardest surgeries anymore.

Crystal crusher: Players are awarded points for the amount of crystals they harmonize and shatter during the challenge. This is probably the worst challenge of them all. Because the points do not register until you shatter the crystals, a) you don't know who is winning until the very end of the challenge, and b) you can have your friends help you to harmonize the crystals. This means that as long as you have enough friends, you can pretty much harmonize infinite crystals, leading to crystal crusher being very pay 2 win. Also, because you can save your crystals until the end (and most smart players do, who would want to let the opponent know how many crystals you have?). Many newer players are led to believe they are on the leaderboard until the last three minutes, because then all of the richer players with many helpers begin to shatter their crystals. There is also a very easy fix to this, which would fix both problems: make the points register when you harmonize the crystals, not when you shatter them. This would make it so you actually have to be skilled at harmonizing crystals, not just shattering crystals your friends harmonized for you. It would eliminate helpers, and also make it so that the score is updating throughout the challenge, like the other challenges.

Pineapple panic: Players earn points by eating the most super pineapples. This is literally the most pay 2 win challenge. It requires no skill, just who has the most pineapples to feed to a friend or an alternate account. I don't really see there being any solutions to this, I would honestly just remove the challenge.

Card clash: Players earn points by defeating supervillains, minus points for each card used. Again, this makes it so that there are better (and more expensive) cards to use. The main one used is ban hammer, which can kill an opponent in six moves, and without it it takes ten to twenty moves. Ban hammers are worth three to five world locks each. Again, the players with the most diamond locks get easy wins. A solution to this is not easy, but maybe make it so that rare superpower cards cannot be used in the challenge.

3. A few of the challenges require shared worlds, which encourages cheating. The challenges I am referencing here are radiation race and carnie contest. Although other challenges such as war of wolves use shared worlds, they don't give any chance to cheat. I don't like that other players can have an effect on my score, and that is why I don't participate in these daily challenges.

Radiation race: Players earn points for every uranium block they find, which can only be found in the world geigerhills. Because many players share one world, competitors can send their friends to help mess with their competition. A solution to this would be making a personal geigerhills for every player, although I do admit I don't know how easy that is to do.

Carnie contest: Players earn point for every carnival game they complete, which can only be done in the carnival worlds. This means that players can do the same thing as in radiation race, where competitors send friends to mess up competition. Because some carnival games require more than one person, a solution to this is a lot harder.

4. There are many problems when the server is down or goes down during a challenge. As I stated at the beginning, I have participated in a good number of challenges. Many times, when the server goes down for the challenge, even if it comes back up a minute later the challenge has stoped. This means that even though the challenge should have lasted for the full two hours, it only lasts for a few minutes. this means that many people have wasted their time, effort, and world locks for nothing.

5. Event daily challenges should rotate through time zones. For the events that only come once a year, and only last for a week, I find it unfair that the challenge time only changes by one hour. This makes it so that the challenge is at an ideal time for some people for the entire event, and makes it so that some people can not play for the entire event. To counter this I would suggest changing the challenge by three hours every day instead of one hour.

Although there are still many problems with the old daily challenge feature, I really do think that the idea of guild challenges is a really good idea. I like being able to participate in the normal challenge as the same time as the guild challenge, and I think being able to work towards something as a guild is always nice. Even though I think this is an amazing idea, and I will really enjoy it, there are still many problems with it, just like the original daily challenges.

1. These types of features should really be tested in beta first. This feature was clearly not tested well enough, or even at all, in beta. The challenge board was bugged, people got prizes they shouldn't have, and Misthios is now spending hours trying to clean up this mess.

2. The new items are too easy to obtain, and will become dirt cheap. If everybody in the guild who participates gets a prize, that means that the prizes will become worthless. Even with regular daily challenges, where only three people get a prize every day, some prizes are worth fifty world locks or less. Now imagine when tens of players are getting the prizes, what the cost will be. It will quickly make these new guild events worthless to participate in, which sucks because its a nice feature. A solution to this would be making only the top competitors in the top guilds get prizes. This way there would be way less prizes being added to the game, preserving their value.

3. No preexisting item should be a prize for the guild challenges. Because so many items are being added, therefor making them dirt cheap, old items should not be prizes. I competed in the first ever guild daily challenge today, and the prize I got for being in the second place guild was a rainbow cape. This makes no sense, because it is crashing the prices of items that many people own, and people will not be happy about this.

4. The guild challenges should not be every day. I personally don't think that we should have guild challenges every day. To keep them competitive, i think that a guild challenge once a week would be nice. This would also help to preserve the prizes value. the majority of guild members are not daily challengers, and don't want to compete in an event every day. I think have the event every Sunday, or rotating through every day of the week would be better.

Here is a picture of the final results of the challenge:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 6.01.34 PM.png
Views: 912
Size:  221.6 KB

Here is a picture of what scoring points looks like (todays challenge was crystal crusher):
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.44.47 PM.png
Views: 891
Size:  79.1 KB

Here is a picture of the personal leaderboards(I didn't get a picture of the guild leaderboards):
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 6.09.37 PM.png
Views: 906
Size:  272.7 KB

And here are the prizes I got for coming #1 personal and #2 guild:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 9.02.18 PM.png
Views: 885
Size:  67.5 KB

If you made it to the end, thank you very much, and please leave any comments, questions, or opinions you have below, i'll try to answer everybody.
    Last edited by Jisam; 10-10-2019 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Spacing didn't look nice
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391

It's Actually An Interesting And An Excellent Idea For Daily Challenges!
    I Personally Agree With What Jisam Said
    Much Love,
    TankNation

Lesser Wizard

does all member get the guild reward thingy when ur guild is on ranking?
    Who needs a signature?