Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop Advertising Growtopia until this...

Default Stop Advertising Growtopia until this...

First of all Growtopia is pretty complicated game for newbies. Currently most of player started growtopia with friend helps, our friends help us to learn how to splice or earn gems. But these newbies that see ad from youtube or other social platform can't do anything. I'm telling this because i saw like <10> ps4 newbie streamer on twitch. 2 of them stuck at TUTORIAL world. They tried to talk with mannequin and stream end up with 'Can't leave this area'. 5 of them end up with stuck at growpedia quests(most of them door id thing) and they quit because of getting tutorial pup-up spam. And lastly 3 of them got scammed their trees and they just end the stream(People enter the newbie world and lock the full area, or they scam their trees).

What is the solution for this?

• 1- Current newbie tutorial(growpedia thing) is more like bot account blocker. You can expect newbies to do these things (especially door id thing) and most of gamers don't like to read something on the tutorial part. Just make a tutorial that force the player to click the seeds to place it in one space then splice it, that's all. (Remove door id part, they can learn it later.) I hate to say this but just check Pixel Worlds tutorial; https://youtu.be/Nvqbwosh4Pg?t=112

• 2- Second thing is recipes for new players, build a world like WIKI on pc servers, write all recipes on the signs and put the recipe world button on the main menu. (This world size should be 200x200 like NASDAQ on PC)(This button will be on menu for 1-25 levels, it will disappear after level 25.)

• 2,5- Recipe book, It's suggested many times also as i remember nekorei or one of the developers say something good about it. It was almost a year ago. Make a recipe book for new players! Again few months ago it's maded by pixel worlds(They are taking suggestion from our SUGGESTION BOX...); https://youtu.be/JNeD3r86ocM?t=48

• 3- Make <Newbie Lock> for beginners and this lock will disintegrate after 30 offline days(normally 180days for small lock). You can't set this world as Public world or you can't set world level or something. There should be only Category and music buttons. < This newbie lock will save newbies from scammers/trollers, now they can build anything they want >.

• 4- Make Dirty gems Blocks for newbies, As i said, most old players started with friends helps, our friend gave us few farmables to earn gems, they give us wls to secure our world. So, this block have %60 chance to drop 1 gems and it will be farmable, INFO: < This dirty gems block is farmable, keep farming it until you reach the your goals. It has %60 chance to drop one gems. >

• 5-Improvement for Apprentices(Mentorship program); It's pretty dead feature, you seriously expect us to find between 1-3level real newbie in this game. It's impossible. Change it to 1-15 Level and Miletstone rewards should be; 5-15-25-30. Only 4 level. As a mentor, <Miletstone Rewards> will start form level 25. Also change 1 year sub to Unique sword. It would be better.

The result of this list.
    Now players know how to splice and they has recipe world/or book. They can splice their blocks to build dream world, and newbie lock will help to secure this world. Also they can earn gems to buy Rare Clothes pack to make awesome set. After secure their world, they can accept visitors to make friends or get mentor.. Their mentor can help to learn growtopia more and more. What do you think?

Sponsor to Youtubers
    2-3months ago ubisoft sponsor to youtubers but it's failed because of wrong tutorial system. After making these things^^ sponsor to one big youtuber and see what will happen, thell them to say '' I create my own guild, downloand this game and join me tomorrow, this is my guild and world etc...) Also give them a lot of castle blocks instead of cool clothes.

Few problems
    Last edited by GrowPixel; 10-30-2019 at 10:31 AM.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

This actually sounds pretty good! Especially the apprentice part, I have found 2 apprentices in the past 3 months and 1 of them was someone's alt account but the real one stopped playing.
    I make low-quality content.

Most Recent video: (My videos aren't usually like this)

IGN: SeaAce
    Instagram: Spades.gt

Growtopia isn't newbie-friendly at all. Security and some systems are improved just to stop those rule breakers lmao

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    Growtopia isn't newbie-friendly at all. Security and some systems are improved just to stop those rule breakers lmao
    But it's good to hear people wining again would you?
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 48/125
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

Correct sub-forum
    I LOVE GROWTOPIA

Free BFGs exist.
    IGN: Ephus

- Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Quote Originally Posted by Corrects View Post
    Correct sub-forum
    Yeah, it's, feedback to tutorial and how to improve it. Also can you just leave this sub-forum thing to guardians, just talk about your idea for this threads...
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Free BFGs exist.
    So?.... How this can help to newbies to learn growtopia basics?

Lesser Wizard

Everything is very nice.
    The only thing i dont like is getting a random sword instead of the amazing 1year sub token. Nobody will use it anyway, will be forgotten in about 2 weeks i guess lol

Growtopia Wiki

Growpedia
    I LOVE GROWTOPIA

they can watch some good growtopia youtubers

..oh wait theres none :(
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

making this my sigpic cus im greedy and i want the 2 wls

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    they can watch some good growtopia youtubers

..oh wait theres none
    What about MrSongo?

Quote Originally Posted by killermanz64 View Post
    What about MrSongo?
    Unfortunately, i don't think newbies watch growtopia videos until they love growtopia. I'm making guide videos to teach them how to start earn gems/wls. But before that, they have to know what they can do with world locks, and it's impossible if they can't pass tutorial part.

As GrowPixel mentioned, firstly they need to learn growtopia basics and current tutorial/growpedia is horrible for real beginners that doesn't have growtopia friends. I highly support this thread +1
    Last edited by MrSongoTwo; 11-04-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSongoTwo View Post
    Unfortunately, i don't think beginners watch growtopia videos until they love growtopia. I'm making guide videos to teach them how to start earning gems/wls. But before that, they have to know what they can do with world locks, and it's impossible if they can't pass tutorial part.

As GrowPixel mentioned, firstly they need to learn growtopia basics and current tutorial/growpedia is horrible for real beginners that doesn't have growtopia friends. I highly support this thread +1
    I mentioned him than other youtubers because sure he may clickbait BUT he posts informative update news/guides in his videos, nicely edited and finishes up with pasting old clips at the end to make it to the 10 minute mark to make his youtube career worth it. Better than most youtubers that waste time and try too hard to be funny I suppose.

Though I don't support all your suggestions in their full detail your basic message is the scary truth:
    Growtopia is very unattractive to new players and does little to help them into the game.
    While effort is being made (new forced tutorial, abusable train-es, annoying door menu, unusable apprentice system, etc.), the results are partially very disappointing and fall flat when compared to competition.
    Not to re-mention how utterly useless and unrewarding for both parties the apprentice system is.
    As a veteran player I've helped tons of people out. From the most gullible noobs that can't chat without instructions to players that have turned to respectable members of growtopian society and I have like 3 apprentices currently and wouldn't recommend or use it again. Instead of simplifying the entry for new players it just adds more layers of complexity.
    Waiting in start for new players to coach only resulted in wasted time on english-illiterates.

While I don't think we'd necessarily need a recipe book ( partially because of fear it won't be kept intuitive or up to date) I'd welcome recipe worlds, apps, wiki contributors and websites receiving appreciation from the devs.

Default The apprentice system surely needs some improvements.

I have found a total of 3 players who were in the range of levels 1-3 and real newbies. Only 1 of them figured out how to accept the apprenticeship request. It's so hard for newbies to wrench themselves and select "Accept Mentorship program", or whatever it says.
    IGN: Geomi
    World: GEOMI

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGrowtopiaChicken View Post
    Everything is very nice.
    The only thing i dont like is getting a random sword instead of the amazing 1year sub token. Nobody will use it anyway, will be forgotten in about 2 weeks i guess lol
    This.

Everything you've said sounds great, until you reach the part about the subscription token. I would rather not spend real money on a token, so getting it from mentoring players is largely preferable.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    This.
    Everything you've said sounds great, until you reach the part about the subscription token. I would rather not spend real money on a token, so getting it from mentoring players is largely preferable.
    i suggested sword because subscription token benefits pretty unnecessary and not worth to make 200 Apprentices, It's really a lot. But What about Sub token + Unique untradeable sword.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    i suggested sword because subscription token benefits pretty unnecessary and not worth to make 200 Apprentices, It's really a lot. But What about Sub token + Unique untradeable sword.
    I think that would be good. As long as the rewards are untradeable, as it deters people from just creating 200 alts.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Lesser Wizard

mod: cLoSiNg ThReAd. We ArE lOoKiNg iNtO iT. 69669 years later. [same system]

If you can't pass the test, you aren't worthy enough.

IGN : CaribbeanJr