Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stop Advertising Growtopia until this...

Quote Originally Posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
    To be fair, there should be an advanced tutorial and some welcoming rewards, like a Small Lock just to make sure they can secure their worlds so they can farm or stuff.

Also, the Growpedia should be updated as well. And when they succesfully completed the Growpedia tutorial, they should be rewarded, like for example a Pickaxe, just to make sure they break blocks easier.

And one more thing, I know this sounds hilarious, and kind of unnecessary, but new players, from level 1-20 or something like that, when they type like "Donate", the word would be blocked with a pop-up saying "Work! Don't donate!". (it pops on my head suddenly pls dont ask why)
    This sounds like a great idea! You should totally make a thread with a poll in the suggestion sub-forum, I would give my support.

Lesser Wizard

Or you can even make an automatically generated and automatically updating recipe finder, since the console players can just look at PC worlds who have already discovered all the recipes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
    To be fair, there should be an advanced tutorial and some welcoming rewards, like a Small Lock just to make sure they can secure their worlds so they can farm or stuff.
    The Growpedia on PC does give out a small lock and teach you how to lock your world safely.

Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Quote Originally Posted by
    [LIST
    5-Improvement for Apprentices(Mentorship program); It's pretty dead feature, you seriously expect us to find between 1-3level real newbie in this game. It's impossible. Change it to 1-15 Level and Miletstone rewards should be; 5-15-25-30. Only 4 level. As a mentor, <Miletstone Rewards> will start form level 25. Also change 1 year sub to Unique sword. It would be better.[/LIST]

The result of this list.
    Now players know how to splice and they has recipe world/or book. They can splice their blocks to build dream world, and newbie lock will help to secure this world. Also they can earn gems to buy Rare Clothes pack to make awesome set. After secure their world, they can accept visitors to make friends or get mentor.. Their mentor can help to learn growtopia more and more. What do you think?

Sponsor to Youtubers
    2-3months ago ubisoft sponsor to youtubers but it's failed because of wrong tutorial system. After making these things^^ sponsor to one big youtuber and see what will happen, thell them to say '' I made this world, downloand this game and join me tomorrow, this is my world...) Also give them a lot of castle blocks instead of cool clothes.

Few problems
    I'm on board with the whole idea behind this but there are a few flaws still with what you're thinking. First off to fix this I personally think pop up's shouldn't be a thing. Pop ups are just an annoyance to players in general. When you're starting the game for the first time do you usually ever read instructions or do you try and figure things out for yourself? Most people figure it out for themselves and end up enjoying the game a lot more. Nothing and I mean Nothing is more annoying than having a thing pop up in your face while you're getting your first blocks and trying to enjoy the game. Second off with all of this the mentor ship program should be from levels 1-15 because most real new players don't know what is going on when they enter the game and go off on their own without even knowing how to chat (especially in the mobile games). And lastly with the "Starter Lock" as I'm going to call it, it should last a total of 10 days by then most new players will have left the game or have gotten some form of alternative lock by then. These are just some of the ways that I think would allow Growtopia to flourish over the next couple of years to a wider audience.
    My Way:

Be Kind
    Be Humble
    Be Wise

I like this idea.

I also think there should be some sort of activity board which shows the new players what can be done in the game, for example how would a new player find out about "Pet battles"? Nothing in the store indicates anything to do with pet battles, and the world BUYBATTLE contains over 14 players therefore it won't show on the world menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
    I like this idea.

I also think there should be some sort of activity board which shows the new players what can be done in the game, for example how would a new player find out about "Pet battles"? Nothing in the store indicates anything to do with pet battles, and the world BUYBATTLE contains over 14 players therefore it won't show on the world menu.
    It's almost impossible to teach this kind of features to newbies in few minutes. They can learn it later if they keep playing.

Newbie Lock
    Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    • 3- Make <Newbie Lock> for beginners and this lock will disintegrate after 30 offline days(normally 180days for small lock) Also you can upgrade it to World Lock with 2000gems. You can't set this world as Public world or you can't set world level or something. There should be only Category and music buttons. < This newbie lock will save newbies from scammers/trollers, now they can build anything they want >.

Last edited by GrowPixel; 01-14-2020 at 08:35 AM.

+1 to this thread
    The tutorial needs an update so you can't click anywhere else than where you are supposed to click. Like Hay Day or Clash of Clans tutorial; it has to guide you trough the basics while "holding your hand".
    Also the tutorial pop-ups need to have an ok-button so you can't close them by accident.
    IGN: Geomi
    World: GEOMI

You guys are all missing the largest chunk of growtopia's constitution: ECONOMY! Growtopia isn't only about building and socializing anymore, the economy plays a major role in growtopia. Everything we do and makes us stay in this game is the idea of economy implemented into it. I've always referred growtopia as an economy-based game. Everything we do is always somehow related to economy. Growtopia may be a multiplayer sandbox, but you need its currency to do anything.
    Things I've to say:
    1. Mentorship program. The idea of a mentorship program is already top-tier. However, it is made so so damned bad. I've already said what I wanted to say in this thread: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ght=mentorship Check it out! I don't even know why it was closed down considering the fact it had positive feedback. Oh well, you do you, ubi.

2. Tutorial world. The tutorial really is one of the worse (not worst) aspects in the game. It does not at all promote itself to new players. As I said before, they've never once mentioned economy or the fact that we shouldn't trust just anyone in the game. These new players who are playing the game without a friend's recommendation really do need to participate in the mentorship program and if you're reading this point without checking out that link above, please go back. To add on to my mentorship program thread, new players have to sign up a form to give a brief introduction and select the country and correct age they are from. (the last part of the thread is also regarding the tutorial world)

3. Collaboration between forumers and game developers. Some of us (not me) have been playing this game before ubisoft had even bought it. I think it's time ubisoft seek some feedback for the updates they are going to make and really just collab with us so they don't 'mess up' as much. If there's a way to combine the forumers and the players who really care about the game (NO, I DON'T WANT OR MEAN GUARDIANS), ubisoft could've really avert crisis like the dupe incident (WHICH I RECENTLY FOUND OUT SOME PEOPLE GOT AWAY WITH DUPED ITEMS. REALLY UNFAIR BTW) at the quickest rate possible.

Lastly, let's be real guys, EVEN if ubisoft is going to change the tutorial world, it may not turn out (yet again) the way we expected and suggested, it may even turn out disappointing (not to mention it's probably going to take a long time). Thus before I leave this game, I'm asking you fellow forumers if you guys want to team up and create our very own tutorial world so we can create the best possible tutorial world in our perspective and show it to the dev team. We can summarize the aspects we think and agreed upon that are important and share it to the new players. This is going to a massive project that I am proposing and I think will be very beneficial to the new gen growtopians. If everyone is on board with this suggestion, I shall make a thread on it and invite the any forumer who wants to help this game for the greater good, not expecting anything in return. Any thoughts?
    I despise hyprocrites

IGN: Yokatta
    Main world: Killer8dk

Playing growtopia and prepping for exams don't go well.
    Quitting this March.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Don't be cynical - you'll find life's a lot brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    Growtopia isn't newbie-friendly at all. Security and some systems are improved just to stop those rule breakers lmao
    The Growtopia tutorial system is pretty simple if you ask me. It takes you through all the basics slowly and you could take your time. If the person got bad english or can't read, then it's technically the person's fault since English is the universal language and it's pretty easy. The grammar part may be pretty tricky for a few foreigners but it's still English. Additionally, the Growtopia tutorial system is way easier than the Pixel worlds one.

Quote Originally Posted by CsnHacker View Post

The tutorial world is pretty basic if you ask me. The rules already states that you shouldn't trust anyone and stolen items can't be retrieved so it'd be their problem if they didn't read the rules. Also you do realise that with every game that has a currency, there'd definitely be an economy behind it? The economy is simple too. break gems=> get wls from store => repeat till rich

Mentorship program sure, looks good.

The collab system? Yeah not so sure. What you don't see is that moderators and veteran players are almost the same. Most moderators are already veterans and got experience in the game (other than a few ubisoft mods who came in recently), like us. The dupe incident was inevitable as it happened before and is probably bound to happen again (hopefully not anytime soon though). Also, there are many veterans who don't even come close to the forums so

Quote Originally Posted by Fathi11 GT View Post
    [/SPOILER]

The tutorial world is pretty basic if you ask me.
    Maybe a little too basic. Growtopia is a more intricate game than you think. If you've read an earlier post, a guy posted 2 pictures of 2 reviews and it basically sums up new players' experience. In a nutshell, either remake the tutorial world, or implemented a new mentor system like the one I suggested above.
    I despise hyprocrites

IGN: Yokatta
    Main world: Killer8dk

Playing growtopia and prepping for exams don't go well.
    Quitting this March.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Don't be cynical - you'll find life's a lot brighter.