Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Advertising Growtopia until this...

Quote Originally Posted by MrSongoTwo View Post
    Unfortunately, i don't think beginners watch growtopia videos until they love growtopia. I'm making guide videos to teach them how to start earning gems/wls. But before that, they have to know what they can do with world locks, and it's impossible if they can't pass tutorial part.

As GrowPixel mentioned, firstly they need to learn growtopia basics and current tutorial/growpedia is horrible for real beginners that doesn't have growtopia friends. I highly support this thread +1
    I mentioned him than other youtubers because sure he may clickbait BUT he posts informative update news/guides in his videos, nicely edited and finishes up with pasting old clips at the end to make it to the 10 minute mark to make his youtube career worth it. Better than most youtubers that waste time and try too hard to be funny I suppose.

Though I don't support all your suggestions in their full detail your basic message is the scary truth:
    Growtopia is very unattractive to new players and does little to help them into the game.
    While effort is being made (new forced tutorial, abusable train-es, annoying door menu, unusable apprentice system, etc.), the results are partially very disappointing and fall flat when compared to competition.
    Not to re-mention how utterly useless and unrewarding for both parties the apprentice system is.
    As a veteran player I've helped tons of people out. From the most gullible noobs that can't chat without instructions to players that have turned to respectable members of growtopian society and I have like 3 apprentices currently and wouldn't recommend or use it again. Instead of simplifying the entry for new players it just adds more layers of complexity.
    Waiting in start for new players to coach only resulted in wasted time on english-illiterates.

While I don't think we'd necessarily need a recipe book ( partially because of fear it won't be kept intuitive or up to date) I'd welcome recipe worlds, apps, wiki contributors and websites receiving appreciation from the devs.

Default The apprentice system surely needs some improvements.

I have found a total of 3 players who were in the range of levels 1-3 and real newbies. Only 1 of them figured out how to accept the apprenticeship request. It's so hard for newbies to wrench themselves and select "Accept Mentorship program", or whatever it says.
    IGN: Geomi
    World: GEOMI

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGrowtopiaChicken View Post
    Everything is very nice.
    The only thing i dont like is getting a random sword instead of the amazing 1year sub token. Nobody will use it anyway, will be forgotten in about 2 weeks i guess lol
    This.

Everything you've said sounds great, until you reach the part about the subscription token. I would rather not spend real money on a token, so getting it from mentoring players is largely preferable.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    This.
    Everything you've said sounds great, until you reach the part about the subscription token. I would rather not spend real money on a token, so getting it from mentoring players is largely preferable.
    i suggested sword because subscription token benefits pretty unnecessary and not worth to make 200 Apprentices, It's really a lot. But What about Sub token + Unique untradeable sword.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    i suggested sword because subscription token benefits pretty unnecessary and not worth to make 200 Apprentices, It's really a lot. But What about Sub token + Unique untradeable sword.
    I think that would be good. As long as the rewards are untradeable, as it deters people from just creating 200 alts.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Lesser Wizard

mod: cLoSiNg ThReAd. We ArE lOoKiNg iNtO iT. 69669 years later. [same system]

If you can't pass the test, you aren't worthy enough.

IGN : CaribbeanJr

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    Free BFGs exist.
    New players don't know how to farm, let alone know what a BFG is.

Signature v9.1

Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfsuprafang View Post
    Is m456 a dog? Regardless, he still is a very intellectual being, that one might compare him to the likes of Jesus.

Hi, this topic revealed some really great ideas - and the follow-up discussion as well! In general we agree with most of it, but we need to see how we can address your concerns. For most of it, it is not easy to implement them. We are indeed looking into possible ways to make the game more engaging for both new and veteran players, so we're really grateful for such a feedback and we'll keep you informed regarding any future plans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayame View Post
    Hi, this topic revealed some really great ideas - and the follow-up discussion as well! In general we agree with most of it, but we need to see how we can address your concerns. For most of it, it is not easy to implement them. We are indeed looking into possible ways to make the game more engaging for both new and veteran players, so we're really grateful for such a feedback and we'll keep you informed regarding any future plans
    I think If we look at the current situation of the growtopia, this tutorial problem is one of the most important issue right now. More important than new monthly updates. If developers can improve the tutorial system perfectly(these listed suggestion pretty perfect ), imagine how many players going to start growtopia from just one sponsored video.
    Last edited by GrowPixel; 10-27-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Most games, the tutorial is automated until it comes to the parts where it's time to actually learn something. Example of how to fix that in tutorial world.
    Enter someone in a world like tutorial_83493, only dirt nothing fun and move them to a little area with some blocks that are highlighted and the others grayed out with a popup that says tip:hit the block (something like that) and once one drops a seed (it should be predetermined so that they can make the player autopickup a seed, give them 4 more and tell them to plant it. Keep going until someone gets all the basics. There should also be a tip that buy+item name is the best way to buy/sell an item. Honestly there's improvements to be had in more than just the tutorial and this is merely just a suggestion.
    Give a man a wl, and he will learn to rely on you.
    Teach a man to make wls and you'll set him up for success.
    IGN:Tellicant Main:U9