View Poll Results: Should These be made harder to Obtain?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make Magplants and OP IOTM Harder to Obtain

12 52.17%
  • Make them Easier to Obtain... (Explain)

5 21.74%
  • A Mix Of Both (Explain)

6 26.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MagPlants/Rayman/OP ITOM need to be Harder to Obtain

Default MagPlants/Rayman/OP ITOM need to be Harder to Obtain

NVM THIS THREAD JUST NEEDS TO DIE

With the addition of magplants and overpowered farming items the bottom line is affected.

MagPlants/Rayman/OP ITOM need to be Harder to Obtain, yeah you read that right..

You might be thinking “BUT WHY?!” A very simple answer to this can be provided, New Players.

You might be thinking “If a new player can’t obtain it how does it help them?” If magplants or raymans fists were harder to obtain farmable prices would be MUCH higher, meaning that new players who were just staring out could gain MUCH MORE PROFIT. The economy would not be so skewed toward the rich since new players could still profit legitimately without these items. EG right now pepper seeds are a whopping 70/1, from a Magplant farm of 2500 seeds A 200 Seed profit is gained That’s 3Wls. A newbie without a mag plant would be about 50kGems and 3wls Seed profit. That’s only let me emphasize 30Wls for 3+Hours of work, Sure mag plant and the Uber rich would profit more, but new players would also benefit SIGNIFICANTLY. Also you might say that

“A newbie does not have a full farm of Pepper Dunce...”

Sure fine a newbie has 200 Pepper seeds, that’s about 5kGems per farm and about 30Seed profit, about 2Wls for about 30Minuets of breaking, that’s absurd, That’s less than 1Wl for 10Minuets...
    By increasing rarity or difficulty of obtaining these completely broken items the farmable prices will inevitably rise, Resulting in the poor noob getting more profit and progressing faster, allowing them to have more fun in this game. “But What about Grass/Windows”
    This is a legitimate argument against this since grass and windows are easily farmable “Newbie” Farmables BUT, these farmable require IMMENSE work and are only used at the very beginner level, EG people who ascend to middle class now have the absurd work layed out infront of them of farming 2500 Pepper seeds... Now that’s 3+Hours to break that 9k Peppers for 30Wls profit... Now let’s say that pepper tree seeds were 25/1 Instead of 70/1... Yes pepper farms would be significantly more expensive BUT, the newbie would profit 1More wl, the Middle class would profit 5More wls, this may not seem like a lot but the difference is SIGNIFICANT!

“What about Free Bfg?” Ahh yes the free bfg, Easilly accessible by new players and middle class alike, and the hub for auto farmers. Don’t get me wrong free BFG is a great addition but it’s effects on a new player are only temporary, once people move onto their own farmable these “Middle Class” will have barley any profit from farming their own materials...

“If they are made harder to obtain, why should we let the mega rich have all the fun?”
    With this logic you are part of the problem... if EVERYONE had a magplant Bfg would Acctually not exist why? Since people will not break in any big Unless it were Chand, Lgrid, Or MBELL since the competition for breakers would be fierce... In fact! People might start paying people to break in a BFG. And guess what farmable prices would drop so significantly that pepper tree seeds would be around 100-200/1 Chand would Be 50-70/1 For seeds And Lgrid/MBell would be around 40-70/1 For seeds... EG the new player would have a nightmare of a time actually starting the game or getting anywhere! Since everyone has a magplant(s) gaining any traction or interest in the game would be impossible! Sure the very “Beginning” Of the game might be easier, but overcoming that “Hump” From middle class to rich would be Nearly Impossible... since farmable prices would be completely Skewed, Nobody would actually break in your bfg, and you would end up having to break the farmable yourself in the end...

TLDR:If Overpowered Farming Items were made harder to obtain then the bottom line would have an easier time making profit and having fun...

Magplants and these items Could be made harder to obtain from something like a legendary quest or something else... Or simply being surgically bought out by mods or devs...
    Last edited by Lopyhupis; 10-13-2019 at 10:54 PM.
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG

Sure is easy to make these items harder to obtain when they arent obtainable anymore
    IGN: Emblazon

Joined Growtopia: July 25th, 2014
    Main World: EMBLAZON
    Level: 54
    Goals: (3/4 Completed)
    Reach Level 50: (50/50)
    Play Growtopia for 4 years: (4/4)
    Own a BUY World: (.98/1)
    Own Seil Orbs: (2/200)

Quote Originally Posted by Emblazon View Post
    Sure is easy to make these items harder to obtain when they arent obtainable anymore
    What I mean by “Making them harder to obtain” Is to either A. Covertly remove Magplants from the game by having mods buy them for the market price and remove them permanently.

Or B, Make a legendary quest that requires magplants (Eg 5 Magplants as a Step) Like idk some Quest Farming related. (Legendary pick axe)

And I’m also referring to Furture overpowered farming items...
    Found this XD
    1 DL Art Contest!

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

Master Sorcerer
    I spent like 2 minutes thinking of something funny to write here. I can't think of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopyhupis View Post
    With the addition of magplants and overpowered farming items the bottom line is affected.

MagPlants/Rayman/OP ITOM need to be Harder to Obtain, yeah you read that right..

You might be thinking “BUT WHY?!” A very simple answer to this can be provided, New Players.

You might be thinking “If a new player can’t obtain it how does it help them?” If magplants or raymans fists were harder to obtain farmable prices would be MUCH higher, meaning that new players who were just staring out could gain MUCH MORE PROFIT. The economy would not be so skewed toward the rich since new players could still profit legitimately without these items. EG right now pepper seeds are a whopping 70/1, from a Magplant farm of 2500 seeds A 200 Seed profit is gained That’s 3Wls. A newbie without a mag plant would be about 50kGems and 3wls Seed profit. That’s only let me emphasize 30Wls for 3+Hours of work, Sure mag plant and the Uber rich would profit more, but new players would also benefit SIGNIFICANTLY. Also you might say that

“A newbie does not have a full farm of Pepper Dunce...”

Sure fine a newbie has 200 Pepper seeds, that’s about 5kGems per farm and about 30Seed profit, about 2Wls for about 30Minuets of breaking, that’s absurd, That’s less than 1Wl for 10Minuets...
    By increasing rarity or difficulty of obtaining these completely broken items the farmable prices will inevitably rise, Resulting in the poor noob getting more profit and progressing faster, allowing them to have more fun in this game. “But What about Grass/Windows”
    This is a legitimate argument against this since grass and windows are easily farmable “Newbie” Farmables BUT, these farmable require IMMENSE work and are only used at the very beginner level, EG people who ascend to middle class now have the absurd work layed out infront of them of farming 2500 Pepper seeds... Now that’s 3+Hours to break that 9k Peppers for 30Wls profit... Now let’s say that pepper tree seeds were 25/1 Instead of 70/1... Yes pepper farms would be significantly more expensive BUT, the newbie would profit 1More wl, the Middle class would profit 5More wls, this may not seem like a lot but the difference is SIGNIFICANT!

“What about Free Bfg?” Ahh yes the free bfg, Easilly accessible by new players and middle class alike, and the hub for auto farmers. Don’t get me wrong free BFG is a great addition but it’s effects on a new player are only temporary, once people move onto their own farmable these “Middle Class” will have barley any profit from farming their own materials...

“If they are made harder to obtain, why should we let the mega rich have all the fun?”
    With this logic you are part of the problem... if EVERYONE had a magplant Bfg would Acctually not exist why? Since people will not break in any big Unless it were Chand, Lgrid, Or MBELL since the competition for breakers would be fierce... In fact! People might start paying people to break in a BFG. And guess what farmable prices would drop so significantly that pepper tree seeds would be around 100-200/1 Chand would Be 50-70/1 For seeds And Lgrid/MBell would be around 40-70/1 For seeds... EG the new player would have a nightmare of a time actually starting the game or getting anywhere! Since everyone has a magplant(s) gaining any traction or interest in the game would be impossible! Sure the very “Beginning” Of the game might be easier, but overcoming that “Hump” From middle class to rich would be Nearly Impossible... since farmable prices would be completely Skewed, Nobody would actually break in your bfg, and you would end up having to break the farmable yourself in the end...

TLDR:If Overpowered Farming Items were made harder to obtain then the bottom line would have an easier time making profit and having fun...
    Okay in your entire post you seem to be having a debate with yourself, at no point you really explain how this will be done considering this item is not obtainable anymore. It already is 1850 for a single Magplant, an ideal BFG requires at LEAST 2, 3 if you'd not like to have to harvest the other half separately. A Rayman's fist, last I checked costs about 2600, even those things aren't exactly easy for me to afford, what makes you think a new player would get them anytime soon?

Also, the prices you list, such as 70/WL for chand seeds are virtually impossible. In economics there is a term called 'Currency pegging' it is when a country attaches, or pegs, its exchange rate to another currency, or basket of currencies, or another measure of value, such as gold. This helps it maintain long-term value, and stability, the price of farmables is constantly pegged with the following equation:

Seeds per WL=

[Median gems per recycled farmable X ½ droprate of tree] + Median gems dropped per tree    X19⁄20

Using the aforementioned equation yields a seeds per WL of 35 for Chandelier seeds, as at that said price, recycling the chands that are dropped actually yields enough to buy a WL, but other packs/items in store are already more valuable to resell for WLs than to buy WLs itself, therefore the current price of seeds will usually be lower than the result of that equation.

Basically, this idea is inane and frankly makes no sense.
    IGN: PoseidionYT

The worst kind of people are those who put Moderators saying their names in their signature. How pretentious.

What I mean by “Making them harder to obtain” Is to either A. Covertly remove Magplants from the game by having mods buy them for the market price and remove them permanently.

Or B, Make a legendary quest that requires magplants (Eg 5 Magplants as a Step) Like idk some Quest Farming related. (Legendary pick axe)

The first option wouldn't work because people would see that and keep their magplants due to knowing they would become rarer and rise.
    I suggest that instead of making magplants rarer, there should be something to get rid of farmables (for example something like the goblin, but it would take more rarity. I think this was suggested by someone before but I don't remember who.
    Professional poster

IGN: Jyhnxx

Master Sorcerer
    I spent like 2 minutes thinking of something funny to write here. I can't think of anything.

That makes absolutely no sense, first, it would be impossible to remove them that way, by my estimation there are currently about 2000 Magplants that CAN be circulated, many of them have been removed via players bans and suspensions, also the occasional recycling. That takes ages to round them all up, also not everyone would sell them, as supply lowers, and demand increases due to lack of supply to satisfy the demand, the price increases, which motivates investors to hold for longer. This alone makes it impossible to buy them out, next, moderators are not given items by Ubisoft, and of the 5 community moderators, only one has a higher net worth than me.

Now that alone makes it impossible, but the utter idea of Ubisoft and community moderators spending their time in a trade world buying Magplants makes zero sense and is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Also, no one wants a legendary pickaxe.
    IGN: PoseidionYT

The worst kind of people are those who put Moderators saying their names in their signature. How pretentious.

Well sure it is an OP ITEM but the way they are now is that it is really hard to get one, if you think rich people become rich it is because of their hard work and dedication (scammers of legend excluded)
    you should also be thinking of people from both sides
    What we should post is how over farmed seeds should be recycled (just make an another tier on donation of stuff toys next to the Present Goblin Home Edition with 500k rarity how about making more around 1million to 500million of rarity that surely makes every farmable price Rise and it benefit both sides people who have magplant and dont have magplants

Free BFG @ EURYBFG

How to Advertise your World on a Silent World ?
    Click me and Read Here!

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    It's okay to be thicc tbh.

You want the the OP IOTMS harder to be obtained? They're limited items and unobtainable. With time, they get harder to obtain anyway. It accelerates with the fact that people are constantly getting perma banned with them. Farmable prices will inevitably become cheaper with time.

You reminding us to make future overpowered farming items hard to obtain?

What is the point of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    The first option wouldn't work because people would see that and keep their magplants due to knowing they would become rarer and rise.
    I suggest that instead of making magplants rarer, there should be something to get rid of farmables (for example something like the goblin, but it would take more rarity. I think this was suggested by someone before but I don't remember who.
    This solution would also work
    Found this XD
    1 DL Art Contest!

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

Quote Originally Posted by Illu View Post
    Well sure it is an OP ITEM but the way they are now is that it is really hard to get one, if you think rich people become rich it is because of their hard work and dedication (scammers of legend excluded)
    you should also be thinking of people from both sides
    What we should post is how over farmed seeds should be recycled (just make an another tier on donation of stuff toys next to the Present Goblin Home Edition with 500k rarity how about making more around 1million to 500million of rarity that surely makes every farmable price Rise and it benefit both sides people who have magplant and dont have magplants
    Currently there are about 1000 (Estimated based off of how many people were in buybfg during harvest festival/the week after, About 20Different people advertising bfgs in buybfg at anytime, assuming 5 Of these people are using Gaia’s Beacon, that’s 30 Magplants, about every 2 Minuets one of those people were relpaced by another person...) About 500 Active Bfgs With at least 750 Magplants Due to Gaia’s Beacon.

1000 Of an Item is actually an Absurd amount, I mean 700 Draconic wings existed and they are still around 15-16dls. Sure magplants overtime will disappear but the point is that if no system to remove overproduction is introduced something has to be done about the cause of overproduction, OP farming items.

After some careful reconciliation a legendary quest should be the only way to remove these limited items, as which this is how it was done before with Draconics and Phoenix wings

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killermanz64 View Post
    You want the the OP IOTMS harder to be obtained? They're limited items and unobtainable. With time, they get harder to obtain anyway. It accelerates with the fact that people are constantly getting perma banned with them. Farmable prices will inevitably become cheaper with time.

You reminding us to make future overpowered farming items hard to obtain?

What is the point of this thread.
    To initiate a change... To fix the absolutely flushed farmable market...
    Found this XD
    1 DL Art Contest!

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

To initiate a change... To fix the absolutely flushed farmable market...
    OP IOTMS are still increasing in price, tampering with their rarity will not reduce farmable prices as BFGs would still exist, automated factories continues and the farmable market inevitably devalues.

The farmable market seems "absolutely flushed" because its post harvest fest. Doesn't this happen every year? And wouldn't it be a favour for the newbies as they can afford more farmables?

If you want to initiate change to protect the market in the future, making OP IOTMs even more rare isn't the solution. It seems to me that you want BFGs to go extinct so farmables are farmed manually, which could happen if MAGPLANTs were modified to only allow people with access to take the remote. Or the another solution like someone from above said is to increase the rarity required to get the goblin or another goblin that costs alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by killermanz64 View Post
    OP IOTMS are still increasing in price, tampering with their rarity will not reduce farmable prices as BFGs would still exist, automated factories continues and the farmable market inevitably devalues.

The farmable market seems "absolutely flushed" because its post harvest fest. Doesn't this happen every year? And wouldn't it be a favour for the newbies as they can afford more farmables?

If you want to initiate change to protect the market in the future, making OP IOTMs even more rare isn't the solution. It seems to me that you want BFGs to go extinct so farmables are farmed manually, which could happen if MAGPLANTs were modified to only allow people with access to take the remote. Or the another solution like someone from above said is to increase the rarity required to get the goblin or another goblin that costs alot more.
    You realize this thread is not related to farmable prices, these prices stay the same until around august, also, last year right before harvest festival farmable prices were nearly twice the price they were this year right before harvest festival (Excluding peppers which were still around 20/1 seeds, (This is based on last year) The solution of having a farmable void, (Like Goblin) could solve this issue, But making a major change to such a keystone item would result in SERIOUS implications and damages since the mag plant would literally be just a Unstable Tesseract with a remote that only the owner can use, this will result in serious community backlash....

What I am trying to say is that If the dispersal of magplants were to be spread thinner the bottom line would not be affected as much...

This could be done by creating a new legendary quest which requires these items...
    Found this XD
    1 DL Art Contest!

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

Ah here we go again..
    About My GrowTopian :

My Goals :

Also visit :

IGN : caribbeanjr

Quote Originally Posted by CaribbeanJr View Post
    Ah here we go again..
    ikr

But first thing first
    As magplant and ray man are iotms

They will NEVER BE removed from the game

Items have been made unobtainable like rabit's foot and etc.

Hence, op iotms aren't an exception to be removed

And the devs said they aren't making any more op iotms so ya.

And secondly, to solve this op iotms issue, farmables play a factor but I'm not sure whether it can be fixed without doing anything major to the iotms (will lose its uniqueness and be so off as there has never been a change for iotms before)
    Yeeeeeet )))))))))))
    I break chands every day how about u?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jothealpha View Post
    ikr

But first thing first
    As magplant and ray man are iotms

They will NEVER BE removed from the game

Items have been made unobtainable like rabit's foot and etc.

Hence, op iotms aren't an exception to be removed

And the devs said they aren't making any more op iotms so ya.

And secondly, to solve this op iotms issue, farmables play a factor but I'm not sure whether it can be fixed without doing anything major to the iotms (will lose its uniqueness and be so off as there has never been a change for iotms before)

I’m not asking for the these items to be removed LET ME EMPATHIZE THAT, the items should just be made “Harder to Obtain” by adding SOME other way besides permanent banned accounts to remove these items. (Like a legendary quest)

I’m not asking for these items to be removed or changed in any way I’m asking for these items to become “Less obtainable” by adding a legendary quest or some other method that eats these items...
    Found this XD
    1 DL Art Contest!

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

I’m not asking for the these items to be removed LET ME EMPATHIZE THAT, the items should just be made “Harder to Obtain” by adding SOME other way besides permanent banned accounts to remove these items. (Like a legendary quest)

I’m not asking for these items to be removed or changed in any way I’m asking for these items to become “Less obtainable” by adding a legendary quest or some other method that eats these items...
    So, they’d be like Phoenix Wings?

Lesser Wizard

This will never work because i and many will never sell our magplants and it is seen as a stable income. Seriously i earn 25-30wls per farm and i harvest 2 farms a day. I wouldnt sell unless it reached 100dls?( assuming there is no inflation from now but there is) or i quit
    IGN: JINYOUNG0922

I know it's just a suggestion but a legendary quest that requires you to sacrifice an OP IOTM is a really bad idea. Think about it, the only people who would do that quest is those who have IOTMs to spare. Noone would actually get rid of their rayman fist or magplant just for an untradeable item that looks cool.

Would you sacrifice an item that brings you profit every time you use it for an item that is ultimately useless? If you say yes, you're either crazy, lying or you're actually so serious about this that you don't realize that you would come to regret it later.

Also Magplants and the fist are already hard to obtain since they're not obtaniable in the shop and their costy price.

I don't know if you made this post because you don't have one yourself (Might've missed it while reading the OG post) but making them harder to obtain is just stupid in my opinion.

And yes, I am saying it's stupid because I myself have none of those and am planning to get one later on so I'm kinda biased.

IGN: Superparty
    Level: 58/125

Well this might never work since its already really unstable and tons of people are selling and buying them. Rayman for example.
    U can see what i mean if u go to BUYRAYMAN.
    IGN: AresGTR

Level: 45

Level goal: 50

Quote Originally Posted by Superparty View Post
    I know it's just a suggestion but a legendary quest that requires you to sacrifice an OP IOTM is a really bad idea. Think about it, the only people who would do that quest is those who have IOTMs to spare. Noone would actually get rid of their rayman fist or magplant just for an untradeable item that looks cool.

Would you sacrifice an item that brings you profit every time you use it for an item that is ultimately useless? If you say yes, you're either crazy, lying or you're actually so serious about this that you don't realize that you would come to regret it later.

Also Magplants and the fist are already hard to obtain since they're not obtaniable in the shop and their costy price.

I don't know if you made this post because you don't have one yourself (Might've missed it while reading the OG post) but making them harder to obtain is just stupid in my opinion.

And yes, I am saying it's stupid because I myself have none of those and am planning to get one later on so I'm kinda biased.
    First of all, The current legendary quests require Obscenley expensive limited items, like Phoenix Wings and Draconic Wings, secondly YES there are plenty of people who will sacrifice a Raymans Fist or a Magplant for a cool looking item... Also many legendary items have cool extra effects, like for example the legendary wings have both slow-fall and Double jump, who says that the legendary item won’t have any farming related buffs? Sure magplants aren’t coming back but they sure aren’t leaving... Also just think for a moment, if my Siggy says “Free bag in lopybfg” Wht does that say? The process of magplants disappearing should be sped up by some factor to hopefully fix some of the market floosh...

I mean, people sacrifie 40+dls on Angel of Mercy Wings... (500+dis on Legendary Wings...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AresGTR View Post
    Well this might never work since its already really unstable and tons of people are selling and buying them. Rayman for example.
    U can see what i mean if u go to BUYRAYMAN.
    Yeah but if you compare that to the price fluctuations of Phoenix wings is absolutely nothing... (The price of Phoenix wings can change the price of a Raymans fist in a month up or down...)
    Found this XD
    1 DL Art Contest!

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG