Thread: Am I getting Scammed?

Default Am I getting Scammed?

So here's the story:

>I went into an unlocked world.
    >Someone else is in the unlocked world.
    >I assume he owns the world but forgot to lock it.
    >Someone else enters the world.
    >I lock the world to save the world.
    >The original person asks for the world back.
    >I give it back to him.
    >Turns out he owns BUYSORROW and BUYSQUIRREL.
    >Says that he was pranking people.
    >He gives me the world that I had given back to him.
    >Offers to sell my baits for a small tax.
    >I agree, and we begin.

And this is so far what has happened. I don't want to reveal too much personal information but he's an Indonesian doctor. So as he is a grown-up, I trust that he won't try anything scummy, but I still feel that I need insurance for my mental state.
    [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6

https://media.giphy.com/media/3htHnt...0Al7/giphy.gif

IGN: IHasName

You're whole story is a bit confusing and I'm not quite sure where selling baits with a tax fits in with all the previous events, but have you given him anything? If you have and his either removed you or just run off that's a fair indication that his scamming. If you haven't given him anything yet, then it should be fine and in that case I wouldn't recommend entrusting a stranger even if he claims to be a "Indonesian doctor" with large amounts of any item. Hope that clears it up a little?
    “Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep; for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as the latter.”
    ― Paxton Hood

Quote Originally Posted by Aargon View Post
    You're whole story is a bit confusing and I'm not quite sure where selling baits with a tax fits in with all the previous events, but have you given him anything? If you have and his either removed you or just run off that's a fair indication that his scamming. If you haven't given him anything yet, then it should be fine and in that case I wouldn't recommend entrusting a stranger even if he claims to be a "Indonesian doctor" with large amounts of any item. Hope that clears it up a little?
    I mean I added him on Instagram and I saw that he has over a thousand followers and has a buncha photos of him doing surgery and stuff. He has paid me my asking price so far and hasn't blocked me or unfriended me on anything yet. Sorry if the story was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by IHasName View Post
    I mean i added him on Instagram and I see that he has over a thousand follwers and has a buncha photos
    Even so, that could very much be a fake account and not the same in-game person. Not to mention the fact that amount of Instagram followers and posts should by no means be any indication of how trustworthy somebody is.
    “Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep; for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as the latter.”
    ― Paxton Hood

Even so, that could very much be a fake account and not the same in-game person. Not to mention the fact that amount of Instagram followers and posts should by no means be any indication of how trustworthy somebody is.
    Ok mb, I feel like I'm getting the wrong point across, so let me elaborate. He as messaged me on Insta saying that it's him, he's offered to give me wls before the baits have even sold, and now I think of it, I might just be convincing myself lol.

Quote Originally Posted by IHasName View Post
    Ok mb, I feel like I'm getting the wrong point across, so let me elaborate. He as messaged me on Insta saying that it's him, he's offered to give me wls before the baits have even sold, and now I think of it, I might just be convincing myself lol.
    Either way, I wouldn't trust this person. You're better off doing things yourself, try do things yourself and only pass it off to others when you can't. This seems very fishy and so many things could go wrong. Just my take on the situation, hope I've managed to clear things up?
    ― Paxton Hood

Either way, I wouldn't trust this person. You're better off doing things yourself, try do things yourself and only pass it off to others when you can't. This seems very fishy and so many things could go wrong. Just my take on the situation, hope I've managed to clear things up?
    Yeah all good, thanks man, even if he does scam me, its really just 1 harvest worth of wls (around 40), so I feel like I should be fine.