Thread: How do you guys think about music copiers?

Default How do you guys think about music copiers?

I mean, copiers who copy songs that the original makers have made notes invisible or put in audio racks in order to prevent being copied by others because they don't want their musics being copied.

And how do you think if the copiers earn fame and honor, or even DLs, pretending to be the original maker of the song?

Quote Originally Posted by MonstoR View Post
    I mean, copiers who copy songs that the original makers have made notes invisible or put in audio racks in order to prevent being copied by others because they don't want their musics being copied.

And how do you think if the copiers earn fame and honor, or even DLs, pretending to be the original maker of the song?
    the owner of the original transcribed song have a right and power to close the world if he don't want his song get copied, otherwise if he want the notes get copied, he can just open the world or linked it to song worlds
    =IGN : Crausse=
    Instagram : @Crausse_GT
    Discord : Ryuu Kaname#5464

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
    the owner of the original transcribed song have a right and power to close the world if he don't want his song get copied, otherwise if he want the notes get copied, he can just open the world or linked it to song worlds
    Copiers these days don't copy songs with their eyes, but the ears. So closing world is no use.

Copiers these days don't copy songs with their eyes, but the ears. So closing world is no use.
    if he can do that kind of thing then we can do nothing,

it's just like the world design's dilemma
    =IGN : Crausse=
    Instagram : @Crausse_GT
    Discord : Ryuu Kaname#5464

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
    if he can do that kind of thing then we can do nothing,

it's just like the world design's dilemma
    You're right, it's just like designer's dilemma

Coming from a transcriber, it would be egregious for us who made these songs. They clearly have no remorse if they would think of benefitting from something they've only copied.

The thing is, I don't think that's the reason why they keep the notes invisible. It could just be that, like the majority of players, they dislike them visible in their worlds.
    IGN: PixelJr
    Guild: ANCIENTS
    Instagram: @iampixeljr
    Discord: PixelJr#2322
    Growtopia Discord: https://discord.gg/c2j2C92
    Growtopia Treehouse: https://discord.gg/WXjSK95

I absolutely hate them. I find no feeling worse than having your hard work stolen/plagiarised. When I leave music invisible, then that means it's not intended to be copied without my explicit permission. Those who still copy it AND claim it as their own have a special place in hell.

Also, hi MonstoR, didn't know you still played.
    My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
    I love her so so much eee

Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar and sigpic by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I absolutely hate them. I find no feeling worse than having your hard work stolen/plagiarised. When I leave music invisible, then that means it's not intended to be copied without my explicit permission. Those who still copy it AND claim it as their own have a special place in hell.

Also, hi MonstoR, didn't know you still played.
    Hi. I was keep playing this game. Growtopia has changed a lot. Growtopians are now more selfish, manipulative, and rude than old days. Also I don't feel any human from new moderators.

But most disappointing thing is that people are insensitive to copying others' artwork. They copy musics by their ears, not eyes these days. They call this "transcribing". But you know this is definitely copying, not transcribing or arranging or creating. I should agree that we can do nothing if they copy musics by their ears even after the original makers made the notes invisible, I just feel suck as a music maker.

i dont think they use their ears, seems more likely that they've found a way around the invisibility of the notes. having a keen ear isnt a common ability

might just be me ^
    i couldnt imagine someone being able to copy a song by only listening to it

Hi. I was keep playing this game. Growtopia has changed a lot. Growtopians are now more selfish, manipulative, and rude than old days. Also I don't feel any human from new moderators.

But most disappointing thing is that people are insensitive to copying others' artwork. They copy musics by their ears, not eyes these days. They call this "transcribing". But you know this is definitely copying, not transcribing or arranging or creating. I should agree that we can do nothing if they copy musics by their ears even after the original makers made the notes invisible, I just feel suck as a music maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    i dont think they use their ears, seems more likely that they've found a way around the invisibility of the notes. having a keen ear isnt a common ability

might just be me ^
    Yeah, there's a method that allows you to see invisible notes, albeit a bit tedious and involving some trial and error. If they manage to copy audio racks, then it's possible they have an ear for music, but it could still just be luck/guessing.

Honestly, the types of people that'd actually have the ear for this type of stuff would be the type that would just be making original music, not copying others' hard work.
    My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
    I love her so so much eee

Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar and sigpic by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Banned

Speed up the music to 100-150BPM, good luck copiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post

might just be me ^
    Copying hax do exist. But you know.. having a keen ear is a common ability. More common than we think. Even though they are not able to copy 100% perfectly, like guessing exact volume of each single audio rack's setting, they try to make it similar with the original one and that intention itself is not cool.