Thread: Startopia Daily Challenge

Default Startopia Daily Challenge

The point system for the startopia daily challenge in my opinion is broken. Points should be awarded with the sector and mission type in mind instead of just the sector. Since right now I could just get data and attack missions while someone else has longer missions since they are at random. Plus with enough prep I could just prep 100 Growlactus ships and easily get 50,000 points in the span of like 20 mins.
    wow nice picture

Selling Cheap Startopia Role +All Startopia Items and Upgrades @7vend - Daily Restock!

I agree with rebalancing the growlactus points. Once again there's going to be a pay2win strategy that guarantees winning as long as you waste a ton of wls, thats not skill lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer7 View Post
    I could just prep 100 Growlactus
    50wls per ship, 50dls for a hundred, this is never going to happen
    The time it takes to grind that many ships isn't something not to consider either
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    The time it takes to grind that many ships isn't something not to consider either
    I think you underestimate how committed people are to challenges.
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391

Quote Originally Posted by Jisam View Post
    I think you underestimate how committed people are to challenges.
    I don't think anyone wants to be in debt after the daily challange. It sounds more reasonable is it said person breaks even or profits. That's one of the core reasons why people do the dc.
    If the reward is only around 10dls why would someone want to spend 50dls on it?
    Other than getting it for an achievement.

But yes, the commitment is strong some some players and the points should be tweaked.

Knowing Ubisoft it's not gonna happen any time soon, so best to just deal with it and suck it up.
    I can't change my past. Thats why I live in the present and fix my future.

Growtopian name- FurtherMaths

but you don’t actually lose 50 dls by preparing 100 ships; you get 100 growlactus prizes, vials, startopia prizes, role drops, gems from gemonade

100 ships prepared until nexus = 4000 voyages (4500 if you did nexus too, but since you’ll do some nexus anyways for pts, you’ll save those for challenge time)

100 blasts = 10 dls
    4000 voyages = ~ 30-40 dls
    upgrades = 3-6 dls

now from 4000 voyages, you get around 1500 space rocks, which is 30-45 dls alone
    4000 voyages = 2m gems

other role drops and startopia prizes give you a considerable amount too, plus you get 100 growlactus drops and the crown/prize

even if you used 100 growlactuses per challenge, it would be worth it; and you probably wont use that many. you can get approx 80k points from 2 hours of nexus grinding, but you can boost that up by a lot if you use growlactuses, meaning you can get a great advantage with any amount of growlactuses prepared. this makes your speed of doing missions obsolete and anyone can go 1st with some growlactuses prepared

Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    but you don’t actually lose 50 dls by preparing 100 ships; you get 100 growlactus prizes, vials, startopia prizes, role drops, gems from gemonade

100 ships prepared until nexus = 4000 voyages (4500 if you did nexus too, but since you’ll do some nexus anyways for pts, you’ll save those for challenge time)

100 blasts = 10 dls
    upgrades = 3-6 dls

now from 4000 voyages, you get around 1500 space rocks, which is 30-45 dls alone
    4000 voyages = 2m gems

other role drops and startopia prizes give you a considerable amount too, plus you get 100 growlactus drops and the crown/prize

even if you used 100 growlactuses per challenge, it would be worth it; and you probably wont use that many. you can get approx 80k points from 2 hours of nexus grinding, but you can boost that up by a lot if you use growlactuses, meaning you can get a great advantage with any amount of growlactuses prepared. this makes your speed of doing missions obsolete and anyone can go 1st with some growlactuses prepared
    Woah seems very interesting i wish i can know how to do startopia
    Hi there!, Have a gud day xD

Lesser Wizard

100 blasts = 10 dls
    upgrades = 3-6 dls

4000 voyages = 2m gems

Excellent observation @Kranken!

It certainly needs tweaking
    Fireball116
    Owner of:
    BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
    WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
    BUYPOTIONS/BUYLOBSTERQUEST
    Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

100 blasts = 10 dls
    upgrades = 3-6 dls

4000 voyages = 2m gems

It might be cost efficient if you have role but for the time spent doing all this (of which you know very well) + the type of reward I find it hard to believe anyone would actually do this, its not remotely close as the benefit of using ccb during the fishing challenge for instance in terms of points in return & money spent
    You get like what, 2-3x extra points for the time it takes to complete one compared to other missions which only renders it as a very time consuming "last resort/push" option
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

It might be cost efficient if you have role but for the time spent doing all this (of which you know very well) + the type of reward I find it hard to believe anyone would actually do this, its not remotely close as the benefit of using ccb during the fishing challenge for instance in terms of points in return & money spent
    You get like what, 2-3x extra points for the time it takes to complete one compared to other missions which only renders it as a very time consuming "last resort/push" option
    eh i’d be willing to do it. can do 90k (nexus + growlactuses) and the one doing only nexus would stand no chance already

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I don't think anyone wants to be in debt after the daily challange. It sounds more reasonable is it said person breaks even or profits. That's one of the core reasons why people do the dc.
    If the reward is only around 10dls why would someone want to spend 50dls on it?
    Other than getting it for an achievement.

But yes, the commitment is strong some some players and the points should be tweaked.

Knowing Ubisoft it's not gonna happen any time soon, so best to just deal with it and suck it up.
    Trust me people that tend to do daily challenges have alot of expendible wls and it doesn't really matter if it's profitable or not.

I already know alot of people who grind out growlactus what keeps them from just saving them all and doing them all at once on a challenge night. But like you said unless they would want the achievement people are less likely to go for it just because of the prize. But we should consider all the bad actors.
    wow nice picture

Selling Cheap Startopia Role +All Startopia Items and Upgrades @7vend - Daily Restock!

Lesser Wizard

If they make 4000+ voyages for this challenge say rip to the startopia role items it will go down
    IGN:Ignil