Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homophobia is a big issue in this game.

Default Homophobia is a big issue in this game.

Every time you look up there’s a broadcast going “BLOCK=GAYYYYY”.

Do you know how annoying this is?

People in this game constantly use the word “gay” as if it’s something horrible that everyone should avoid. “Gay” has become a term that people use whenever they don’t like someone or something.

The worst part is that the moderators do absolutely nothing about this. People are putting down an entire minority by shaming that word and the moderators do not care.

But I broadcasted ONCE saying “What do you guys think about the Boycott Growtopia thing?” and I was called in my a moderator who said that other moderators may “take action” on my account if I broadcast about that.

A moderator told me I could’ve been BANNED for asking people’s opinions on something, but when people keep using the word “gay” in broadcasts as if it’s a disease, nothing happens. Absolutely NOTHING.

This is extremely annoying and is a huge issue that is being overlooked. Anyone else feel the same?

Just because you hate minorities doesn’t mean you should be able to freely bash that minority in a god damn PIXEL GAME made for children. That’s bullshit, and I’m sick of it.

If you’re one of those homophobic nutjobs, stay out of this thread and keep your minority-hating opinion to yourself, and out of this game.

Something needs to be done about this.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

IGN is the same as forums.

Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!

Who would be afraid of a home?
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie

Lesser Wizard

I swear to god, I don’t even know why the word “gay” is used as an insult. It just doesn’t make any sense. Either they’re saying I’m wrong for being happy or someone who who prefers the same gender more. “Gay” is like one of the weakest insults next to “noob.” Just ignore them. They’re still have time to learn that the word gay isn’t supposed to be an insult. This is coming from a lesbian. In the end, it’s a video game, I can be whatever I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    Who would be afraid of a home?
    It would’ve said homephobia instead. It’s not the right time to be sarcastic about this.

i have all you need here

=IGN : Crausse=

Quote Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
    I swear to god, I don’t even know why the word “gay” is used as an insult. It just doesn’t make any sense. Either they’re saying I’m wrong for being happy or someone who who prefers the same gender more. “Gay” is like one of the weakest insults next to “noob.” Just ignore them. They’re still have time to learn that the word gay isn’t supposed to be an insult. This is coming from a lesbian. In the end, it’s a video game, I can be whatever I want.

- - - Updated - - -

It would’ve said homephobia instead. It’s not the right time to be sarcastic about this.
    If the moderators don’t start doing something I’ll definitely be pissed. It’s always just fun and games until people really start to believe “gay” means something bad. That’s always how it starts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
    i have all you need here

As Kanna said, it’s not the right time to be sarcastic about this. It’s also not the right time to post memes made by literal Nazis.

That’s straight up nazi r/frenworld bullshit right there.

Yeah, I mean, it is almost a problem, but not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
    i have all you need here

^
    Sums it up.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

I am a proud Hakmarian — the pope in fact!

Contact Info:

Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    As Kanna said, it’s not the right time to be sarcastic about this. It’s also not the right time to post memes made by literal Nazis.

That’s straight up nazi r/frenworld bullshit right there.
    B-But it’s just jokes! Totally not nazi propaganda in the form of memes!

^cool art from DavidDoesPBG (rip)^
    "personal info (SSID, Debit card, real name, etc) here."
    Steam, if you want.
    Switch Friend Code - SW-7893-5905-4585

IGN: Tlaloc1
    Level: 89
    600,000 gems / 1,000,000

Couldn't agree more.
    Check out HALLOWEENESCAPE!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    Yeah, I mean, it is almost a problem, but not really.

^
    Sums it up.
    “Almost a problem, but not really.”

Imagine if someone was broadcasting “BLOCK=N****R”. Would you still say “Almost a problem, but not really”? Hell no, you’d think it was a problem.

Same concept - bashing a minority. Highly unacceptable.

I think the fact that you downplay this issue shows which side you’re on.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen lesbians in this game before, nice to know you are one
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:

Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    Thank you for pointing it out. I am sure Nintendo regularly checks the Growtopia forums for such suggestions!

“Almost a problem, but not really.”

Imagine if someone was broadcasting “BLOCK=N****R”. Would you still say “Almost a problem, but not really”? Hell no, you’d think it was a problem.

Same concept - bashing a minority. Highly unacceptable.

I think the fact that you downplay this issue shows which side you’re on.
    Who actually gives a damn? Raise your hand.

(before you say i do it i dont play anymore and no. I wouldn’t give a single fuk if someone said block=turkish.)
    https://i.ibb.co/MpFKwRL/A18-DA1-AB-...A9318-FB76.png
    Thancc DavidDoesPbg

And why does everyone says gay to each other.. Can I please farm in peace without gay msges
    Quote Originally Posted by Axzyte View Post
    Hi I'm Axzyte
    GrowID: Alixity

Goals:
    Get WOTD
    Get Focused Eyes
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=400842&dateline=15630  10791Thanks for this!

Hmm.. So why we assume that block=gay is bad thing? Why we think that noob is bad thing? How can we know for sure
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Hmm.. So why we assume that block=gay is bad thing? Why we think that noob is bad thing? How can we know for sure
    Don’t act as if “gay” isn’t being used as an insult in that scenario. Don’t even try to say that. You know damn well it’s not being used in a good way.

Good to know who’s homophobic on this thread. We don’t need you here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selim149 View Post
    Who actually gives a damn? Raise your hand.

(before you say i do it i dont play anymore and no. I wouldn’t give a single fuk if someone said block=turkish.)
    You should look up “First they came for...”

And in this scenario,

“First they came for the LGBT community, and I did not speak out — Because I was not gay.”

In case you didn’t know, standing up for others that are getting harassed because of the way they were born and comforting them is a good thing. If this type of behavior is going to be ignored, it might as well be encouraged - because that’s what’s happening. People use “gay” as if it’s bad and the trend spreads.

You may not give a damn if you’re insulted based on the way you were born, but others do. Especially LGBT people, who have a higher rate of suicide than literally any group on the damn planet. Cyber bullying is not something that should be ignored in this scenario.

You’re not part of the LGBT community, so obviously, you would never understand that. Don’t speak unless you know what you’re speaking about.

Don't except a multiplayer game to be a disney game. Profanity and toxicity are always a problem for every multiplayer game. You either become one of it or ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by KVLEE View Post
    Don't except a multiplayer game to be a disney game. Profanity and toxicity are always a problem for every multiplayer game. You either become one of it or ignore it.
    Expect*

And no, I will not ignore it. Moderators ban people for saying the N word in a demeaning way. Why can’t we ban those who say “gay” in a demeaning way as well?

Not only does it stop minority-bashing, but it stops that trend of humiliation from spreading, which makes LGBT people feel safer.

LGBT people already fear harassment on a day to day basis, and shouldn’t have to deal with it in a pixel game made for children.

It’s not that hard to understand.

Expect*

And no, I will not ignore it. Moderators ban people for saying the N word in a demeaning way. Why can’t we ban those who say “gay” in a demeaning way as well?

Not only does it stop minority-bashing, but it stops that trend of humiliation from spreading, which makes LGBT people feel safer.

LGBT people already fear harassment on a day to day basis, and shouldn’t have to deal with it in a pixel game made for children.

It’s not that hard to understand.
    As mentioned earlier, this is the world. A cold, cruel world. There's nothing much you can do about it.
    You mentioned the fact that this is a pixel game made for children, which also meant 90% of the insults are from them. Imagine that! Children swearing, cursing at their on will. Do you now understand how screw up this world is?

Afterall, it is just a joke. Have you seen people who sb block called as 'gay'?. I do understand that this is an uncivilized act, but the world has changed, a lot. Nothing is perfect.

Don’t act as if “gay” isn’t being used as an insult in that scenario. Don’t even try to say that. You know damn well it’s not being used in a good way.

Good to know who’s homophobic on this thread. We don’t need you here.

- - - Updated - - -

You should look up “First they came for...”

And in this scenario,

“First they came for the LGBT community, and I did not speak out — Because I was not gay.”

In case you didn’t know, standing up for others that are getting harassed because of the way they were born and comforting them is a good thing. If this type of behavior is going to be ignored, it might as well be encouraged - because that’s what’s happening. People use “gay” as if it’s bad and the trend spreads.

You may not give a damn if you’re insulted based on the way you were born, but others do. Especially LGBT people, who have a higher rate of suicide than literally any group on the damn planet. Cyber bullying is not something that should be ignored in this scenario.

You’re not part of the LGBT community, so obviously, you would never understand that. Don’t speak unless you know what you’re speaking about.
    Good luck standing up for every single harassed group in the damn world. As KVLEE said, the world is no perfect, neither can you make it. Growtopia is a little model of the world, and you can’t filter the people that harass others, thats just how this rolls.
    https://i.ibb.co/MpFKwRL/A18-DA1-AB-...A9318-FB76.png
    Thancc DavidDoesPbg

I am adult woman who has actual gay friends, so.. And no, we can't just ban all who say gay in growtopia cause then we should ban everyone and then gt is gone. So what we can do is just ignore it, or you can go ask from them, why they said gay word. Do you even know how many times ppl has said to me that i'm gay or noob? Do i cry myself to sleep? No. I just say ok i'm noob, pls donate me. Sadly there is so less girl players and even less woman players so i can't say that ok i'm gay, bring me gf here as easily as i can say that i'm poor noob, so that isn't effective way to make others feel them selfs idiots while they try annoy me.

But reality is, kids talk and kids use all kind of words and most of them are joking. So if i would take every single joke to myself and cry myself asleep, my life would be super sad. But cause i can see the difference of joking my life is actually very good. If we feel offended from every bad word what hear against us, our life will be tragic. Do you want make your life sad? Or could you just take kids jokes as a jokes? Idk why gay is most used word in gt, but it is and i can accept it and i'm actually sure that even my gay friends could accept it if they would play this game. So why you can't? Why it hurt you? Are you gay? If are, why it hurt you? Can you explain so we could understand it better.

And if mods would ban all who use gay word, do you think that gt would be there after 1 month? So then what? We go play pw? I just want understand what you actually want in here? They aren't homophobic, they joking, so have you seen actual homophobic? I have. One of my close friend is homophobic and oh boy, there is no way that he would call others as a gays, in a million years. Cause after all, he is homophobic, if he calls someone gay, then he need run, cause he doesn't want be anywhere near of gays. This is why i don't think gt is homophobic. They doesn't call others as a gays so easily as those call, who actually accept gays completely.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

It would be funny to see your guys' reaction to modern warfare 2 lobbies.
    I make low-quality content.

Most Recent video: (My videos aren't usually like this)

IGN: SeaAce
    Instagram: Spades.gt