Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Homophobia is a big issue in this game.

  1. #41
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxagon View Post
    Block = GAY doesn't seems like bully to me though.
    It’s using a word that describes an ENTIRE MINORITY in a demeaning way, it’s pretty much shaming an entire group of people instead of one person. That’s worse.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aargon View Post
    Hey guys as an outside observer, I think it's gotten to the point where you guys should take a step back. Whilst I agree that it is not right to throw around the word gay as an insult or in a way that puts people down, discussing this topic on the forums in this manner won't change a thing. I think it's also worth bearing in mind that many of the players that are broadcasting this are likely kids who themselves aren't exactly aware of the meanings and implications of tossing the word around. In saying this, there is no way that the Growtopia community as a whole can ever be moulded into a perfect non toxic community inclusive of everyone and their personal beliefs and as such you just have to look past these situations and carry on with your own day. At the end of the day Growtopia is a game that we all play to have fun and maybe to get a quick escape from our lives, so try not to let these things ruin your day.
    How did you go from “I agree that it is not right to throw around the word gay as an insult” to “you just have to look past these situations”?

    That’s literally saying “Homophobia is bad, but just get over it, it’s a game.”

    We don’t need children who don’t even know what “gay” means to be taught that it’s something undesirable and bad. That’s the worst part, children are learning that “gay” is a bad thing from a young age through a damn pixel game.

    The community will never be perfect, but we can keep working on it. That’s the point.

    And as I’ve said before - LGBT persons are more likely to have depression due to harassment, so not everyone can just “not let these things ruin” their day.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  2. #42
    Master Sorcerer Noxagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    It’s using a word that describes an ENTIRE MINORITY in a demeaning way, it’s pretty much shaming an entire group of people instead of one person. That’s worse.
    Like I said, it's an insult, not being used as the ACTUAL meaning.
    Pretty sure we all could tell the difference here.

    I'm from the minority, but sometimes I use the gay word too.
    may my demise be a promise to you.

  3. #43
    Master Sorcerer Ryuu Kaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    First Layer of Life
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    “Almost a problem, but not really.”

    Imagine if someone was broadcasting “BLOCK=N****R”. Would you still say “Almost a problem, but not really”? Hell no, you’d think it was a problem.

    Same concept - bashing a minority. Highly unacceptable.

    I think the fact that you downplay this issue shows which side you’re on.
    i won't take it as a complex pile of paragraphs, so ill just sum it up here,

    do you feel that you are turning into a gay by any chance when people tell that you are?
    no? then no need to be tantrum about the whole circus
    yes? then you need a therapist


    =IGN : Crausse=

  4. #44
    Lesser Knight Aargon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    It’s using a word that describes an ENTIRE MINORITY in a demeaning way, it’s pretty much shaming an entire group of people instead of one person. That’s worse.

    - - - Updated - - -



    How did you go from “I agree that it is not right to throw around the word gay as an insult” to “you just have to look past these situations”?

    That’s literally saying “Homophobia is bad, but just get over it, it’s a game.”

    We don’t need children who don’t even know what “gay” means to be taught that it’s something undesirable and bad. That’s the worst part, children are learning that “gay” is a bad thing from a young age through a damn pixel game.

    The community will never be perfect, but we can keep working on it. That’s the point.

    And as I’ve said before - LGBT persons are more likely to have depression due to harassment, so not everyone can just “not let these things ruin” their day.
    Your insistence on arguing this topic is commendable, but doing so on this forum will only escalate tensions between you and other forum users. I merely interjected in an attempt to try and prevent that from occurring and as such I won't argue the point with you. Instead I only ask that you please leave this very contentious topic alone and move on.
    “Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep; for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as the latter.”
    ― Paxton Hood


  5. #45
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    119

    Default

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...GBT-Pride-week

    The smell of political correctness made in United States

    Why are you still browsing Growtopia Forum?! You suppose to go out and protest about climate change!


  6. #46
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxagon View Post
    Like I said, it's an insult, not being used as the ACTUAL meaning.
    Pretty sure we all could tell the difference here.

    I'm from the minority, but sometimes I use the gay word too.
    Congratulations! You’re one of the few that aren’t bothered by it. Some of us are.

    No matter what, it’s against the rules. End of story.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
    i won't take it as a complex pile of paragraphs, so ill just sum it up here,

    do you feel that you are turning into a gay by any chance when people tell that you are?
    no? then no need to be tantrum about the whole circus
    yes? then you need a therapist


    Lmao, nice troll. Classic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aargon View Post
    Your insistence on arguing this topic is commendable, but doing so on this forum will only escalate tensions between you and other forum users. I merely interjected in an attempt to try and prevent that from occurring and as such I won't argue the point with you. Instead I only ask that you please leave this very contentious topic alone and move on.
    No, as long as moderators aren’t properly enforcing rule 4, I will not move on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Growchitect View Post
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...GBT-Pride-week

    The smell of political correctness made in United States

    Why are you still browsing Growtopia Forum?! You suppose to go out and protest about climate change!

    Yes, make fun of people who support equality and not killing the planet while on a forum for a pixel game. Very mature. Grow up.

    As Anulot said in the thread, annoying trolls like you show up every time someone talks about something like this. No surprise..
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  7. #47
    Master Sorcerer KVLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    On a piece of paper
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    I don’t recall anything in the rules that says sarcasm is prohibited.

    The only thing stopping change is people that think change won’t happen, or refuse to accept change. Pretty simple.

    All it takes is for you, the reader, to stop using “gay” as an insult. Boom, something changed. One less person spreading anti-minority jokes.

    It’s really not that hard and is entirely possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by KVLEE View Post
    Don't except a multiplayer game to be a disney game. Profanity and toxicity are always a problem for every multiplayer game. You either become one of it or ignore it.
    Do you know why I did not include the 'against it' part? Because When you're against it, you too, will become one of it. You're an example. We could have discuss this matter in a civilize way, but no, yOu jUSt wAnT tO tAlk iN sUcH a wAY.
    You and I, all of us, know perfectly well how easy it is to provoke someone elses anger in an argument with sarcasm.

    By the same token, I didnt recall anything in the rules that says jokes are prohibited either. Have a look, out of 10+ forumers in this post, only you think that it is an insult.

    The world doesnt give a damn to your(and everyone elses) delicate sensitivities.

  8. #48
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KVLEE View Post
    Do you know why I did not include the 'against it' part? Because When you're against it, you too, will become one of it. You're an example. We could have discuss this matter in a civilize way, but no, yOu jUSt wAnT tO tAlk iN sUcH a wAY.
    You and I, all of us, know perfectly well how easy it is to provoke someone elses anger in an argument with sarcasm.

    By the same token, I didnt recall anything in the rules that says jokes are prohibited either. Have a look, out of 10+ forumers in this post, only you think that it is an insult.

    The world doesnt give a damn to your(and everyone elses) delicate sensitivities.
    Yes, I’m against homophobia so I’m an example of an uncivilized toxic person who’s trying to make everyone mad. Makes sense.

    I can be sarcastic if I want. If sarcasm makes you mad, then I’m sorry that the world doesn’t give a damn about your delicate sensitivities.

    Nobody said joking was against the rules - but when your “jokes” are making fun of an entire minority, they DO become against the rules. It’s called “abusive behavior” and it’s under rule 4.

    “Only you think that it is an insult.”

    Here’s a list of forumers who have said it’s an insult in this thread:

    1. Kanna (Said they don’t know why it’s used as an insult, but that it is)
    2. NekoWolf (Agreed with Kanna)
    3. Selim149 (Acknowledged that it was used as an insult - said they didn’t care)
    4. QueenChloe (Acknowledged it, said we shouldn’t take action against people who use it)
    5. Noxagon (Said it can be used both ways)
    6. Aragon (Said it’s not good to use it as an insult, but we shouldn’t discuss it)
    7. Me, duh.

    And finally..

    8. YOU. (Acknowledged it and said you can’t expect the game to be perfect)

    So almost everyone agrees it is used as an insult.

    Wanna try again?
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  9. #49
    Master Sorcerer KVLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    On a piece of paper
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    Yes, I’m against homophobia so I’m an example of an uncivilized toxic person who’s trying to make everyone mad.

    Listen up bud, I can be sarcastic if I want.

    Nobody said joking was against the rules - but when your “jokes” are making fun of an entire minority, they DO become against the rules. It’s called “abusive behavior” and it’s under rule 4.
    Im pretty sure toxicity is also against the rules. And you did admit that you're toxic. So yea..
    This is pretty much a loop and I don't want to waste my time into this discussion furthermore, I dislike your personality a lot.

    Have a fun fact: Gay and lesbian is considered as sin in every religion.

  10. #50
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KVLEE View Post
    Im pretty sure toxicity is also against the rules. And you did admit that you're toxic. So yea..
    This is pretty much a loop and I don't want to waste my time into this discussion furthermore, I dislike your personality a lot.

    Have a fun fact: Gay and lesbian is considered as sin in every religion.
    Go read the updated version of my reply.

    In case you didn’t get it, I added a “makes sense” to the end of that sentence so you’d recognize that it was sarcastic.

    Have a fun fact: Science says religion is not based in fact. Science says that the role of homosexuality in nature is to provide parents for children that the original parents couldn’t take care of. Homosexual traits are natural and homosexuals are made by nature specifically to adopt babies, pretty much. Over 30 species have been proven to have the ability to be homosexual - but the only species that discriminates against homosexuals is us - HUMANS.

    Good to know your argument was only made out of homophobia in the end. Explains a lot about why you’re such a horrible person.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  11. #51
    Master Sorcerer KVLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    On a piece of paper
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    [QUOTE=QueenChloe;4123422]But reality is, kids talk and kids use all kind of words and most of them are joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aargon View Post
    kids who themselves aren't exactly aware of the meanings and implications of tossing the word around.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    Here’s a list of forumers who have said it’s an insult in this thread
    Read the entire post before posting. I dont think throwing words that im not aware of is an insult. If a child called you ugly or fat, will you lecture him?
    Also, I dont think i ever mentioned that block=gay is an insult.

    This will be my last reply to you

  12. #52
    Master Sorcerer Selim149's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    guys, stop. You don’t put something inside someones head forcibly. He/she won’t get it.
    https://i.ibb.co/MpFKwRL/A18-DA1-AB-...A9318-FB76.png
    Thancc DavidDoesPbg



  13. #53
    Master Sorcerer KVLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    On a piece of paper
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    Explains a lot about why you’re such a horrible person.
    Yes, everyone that doesnt agree with you is horrible. See what i mean by toxicity, people.

  14. #54
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KVLEE View Post
    But reality is, kids talk and kids use all kind of words and most of them are joking.



    Read the entire post before posting. I dont think throwing words that im not aware of is an insult. If a child called you ugly or fat, will you lecture him?
    Also, I dont think i ever mentioned that block=gay is an insult.

    This will be my last reply to you
    “MOST of them are joking.” - QueenChloe

    “many of the players that are broadcasting this are LIKELY kids who themselves aren't exactly aware of the meanings and implications of tossing the word around.“ - Aargon

    Missing key words there buddy.

    Even IF those two were not saying that - there’s still 6 others.

    And yes, yes you did.

    “made for children, which also meant 90% of the INSULTS are from them” - YOU.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KVLEE View Post
    Yes, everyone that doesnt agree with you is horrible. See what i mean by toxicity, people.
    You just admitted that you are against an entire minority just for existing. Yes, you’re horrible.

    How am I toxic for standing up for people that YOU discriminate against? More importantly - why do you discriminate against people because of the way they were born?

    Disgusting.

    Also, what happened to “This will be my last reply to you”? That didn’t last very long.

    Science and facts don’t care about your hateful rhetoric. Keep it off of the forums and out of Growtopia. Homophobia is not welcome.

    The difference between you and I is simple;

    You discriminate against a group of people because they exist, because of the way they were born. You use religion to justify your hatred for minorities.

    I discriminate against people like you because they CHOOSE to hate people for existing. You CHOOSE to ignore science and push anti-LGBT rhetoric on game forums. You CHOOSE to be an ass, so I CHOOSE to hate you for being an ass.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  15. #55
    Guardian Gatello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Hey guys,

    As much as I would love to keep this interesting topic going - I believe that it's going too far to the point that it has broke multiple rules in The Growtopian Code. To answer the question, these super-broadcasts are considered as bullying and could result in a punishment depending on its severity. You're free to report these sbs to any moderator or guardian so punishments can properly be given.

    Moreover, we would like to remind you that there are rules that still should be followed here in the forums, in sensitive discussions like this one - should be best if we would openly discuss without the need of offending people.

    Closing thread.
    Instagram: @gatello.gt
    Discord: Gatello#3430

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •