Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: Homophobia is a big issue in this game.

  1. #21
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KVLEE View Post
    As mentioned earlier, this is the world. A cold, cruel world. There's nothing much you can do about it.
    You mentioned the fact that this is a pixel game made for children, which also meant 90% of the insults are from them. Imagine that! Children swearing, cursing at their on will. Do you now understand how screw up this world is?

    Afterall, it is just a joke. Have you seen people who sb block called as 'gay'?. I do understand that this is an uncivilized act, but the world has changed, a lot. Nothing is perfect.
    Yep, cruel world. So what are you gonna do? Accept it, or change it?

    We don’t need children growing up with the mindset that being gay is some kind of disease.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Selim149 View Post
    Good luck standing up for every single harassed group in the damn world. As KVLEE said, the world is no perfect, neither can you make it. Growtopia is a little model of the world, and you can’t filter the people that harass others, thats just how this rolls.
    You gonna accept the way the world is or actually try to change it? Choose.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  2. #22
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    Yep, cruel world. So what are you gonna do? Accept it, or change it?

    We don’t need children growing up with the mindset that being gay is some kind of disease.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You gonna accept the way the world is or actually try to change it? Choose.
    Dude see what Seth says about this game. Start from 3:15




    Start watch little earlier if want hear whole thing.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  3. #23
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    I am adult woman who has actual gay friends, so.. And no, we can't just ban all who say gay in growtopia cause then we should ban everyone and then gt is gone. So what we can do is just ignore it, or you can go ask from them, why they said gay word. Do you even know how many times ppl has said to me that i'm gay or noob? Do i cry myself to sleep? No. I just say ok i'm noob, pls donate me. Sadly there is so less girl players and even less woman players so i can't say that ok i'm gay, bring me gf here as easily as i can say that i'm poor noob, so that isn't effective way to make others feel them selfs idiots while they try annoy me.

    But reality is, kids talk and kids use all kind of words and most of them are joking. So if i would take every single joke to myself and cry myself asleep, my life would be super sad. But cause i can see the difference of joking my life is actually very good. If we feel offended from every bad word what hear against us, our life will be tragic. Do you want make your life sad? Or could you just take kids jokes as a jokes? Idk why gay is most used word in gt, but it is and i can accept it and i'm actually sure that even my gay friends could accept it if they would play this game. So why you can't? Why it hurt you? Are you gay? If are, why it hurt you? Can you explain so we could understand it better.

    And if mods would ban all who use gay word, do you think that gt would be there after 1 month? So then what? We go play pw? I just want understand what you actually want in here? They aren't homophobic, they joking, so have you seen actual homophobic? I have. One of my close friend is homophobic and oh boy, there is no way that he would call others as a gays, in a million years. Cause after all, he is homophobic, if he calls someone gay, then he need run, cause he doesn't want be anywhere near of gays. This is why i don't think gt is homophobic. They doesn't call others as a gays so easily as those call, who actually accept gays completely.
    I would respond if I could understand your grammar.

    I’ll try my best to respond to what I can actually understand;

    1. “I have gay friends so I’m not homophobic”. Anyways, you’re straying from what you originally said. You said something along the lines of “How do we know that it’s being used badly?” and you knew you were wrong so now you’re moving onto the “Well, it is being used as an insult, but it’s just a joke” phase.

    2. LGBT people are more likely to commit suicide than anyone else. They’re more likely to have depression and other mental illnesses. You may be able to shake it off, but others can’t.

    3. Yes, let’s move to the “Who hurt you? You must be gay if you’re standing up for gays” argument. That looks real good for you.

    4. Moderators already ban you these days if you even insinuate that Ubisoft isn’t good, or if you ask people their opinions on Ubisoft. Why not ban people who use “gay” as if it’s bad? Banning people who use “gay” as if it’s bad will not cause EVERYONE to be banned. It will stop people from doing it. When drop games started, people did them all the damn time. Now that you can be banned for a hell of a long time for doing a drop game, people don’t do them. Believe it or not, if you make something illegal, people stop doing it as much. So yes, I do believe that there would still be players in this game if the moderators banned people for shaming minorities.

    5. Every time I message someone who broadcasts homophobic stuff, they tell me I’m gay and need to kill myself and that being gay is unnatural. It’s anti-LGBT bullshit being passed off as a joke. Making it into a joke is how it spreads, in case you didn’t notice. The worst part is that moderators are online, see this stuff, and don’t do anything about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Dude see what Seth says about this game. Start from 3:15




    Start watch little earlier if want hear whole thing.
    Yes, he’s acknowledging that people can be asses and harass people in this game without limits. That’s why the /rules forbid it now - and the moderators are ignoring those rules. What’s your point?

    Check Rule 4 on the /rules.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  4. #24
    Master Sorcerer Selim149's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    You gonna accept the way the world is or actually try to change it? Choose.
    Yeah try lifting 72 tons of pure and utter . Good luck.
    https://i.ibb.co/MpFKwRL/A18-DA1-AB-...A9318-FB76.png
    Thancc DavidDoesPbg



  5. #25
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Selim149 View Post
    Yeah try lifting 72 tons of pure and utter . Good luck.
    People like you who are content with the world they live in are the reason nothing changes.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  6. #26
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    I would respond if I could understand your grammar.

    I’ll try my best to respond to what I can actually understand;

    1. “I have gay friends so I’m not homophobic”. Anyways, you’re straying from what you originally said. You said something along the lines of “How do we know that it’s being used badly?” and you knew you were wrong so now you’re moving onto the “Well, it is being used as an insult, but it’s just a joke” phase.

    2. LGBT people are more likely to commit suicide than anyone else. They’re more likely to have depression and other mental illnesses. You may be able to shake it off, but others can’t.

    3. Yes, let’s move to the “Who hurt you? You must be gay if you’re standing up for gays” argument. That looks real good for you.

    4. Moderators already ban you these days if you even insinuate that Ubisoft isn’t good, or if you ask people their opinions on Ubisoft. Why not ban people who use “gay” as if it’s bad? Banning people who use “gay” as if it’s bad will not cause EVERYONE to be banned. It will stop people from doing it. When drop games started, people did them all the damn time. Now that you can be banned for a hell of a long time for doing a drop game, people don’t do them. Believe it or not, if you make something illegal, people stop doing it as much. So yes, I do believe that there would still be players in this game if the moderators banned people for shaming minorities.

    5. Every time I message someone who broadcasts homophobic stuff, they tell me I’m gay and need to kill myself and that being gay is unnatural. It’s anti-LGBT bullshit being passed off as a joke. Making it into a joke is how it spreads, in case you didn’t notice. The worst part is that moderators are online, see this stuff, and don’t do anything about it.
    Dude you can stop insulting ppl based on their english skills! Your behavior is rude, against growtopia code and so on. So, if you want make community less toxic, let's start from yourself ok? How you think that ppl would come and talk in forums, when forum is full of toxic ppl like you? Can you tell me? Do you know why most of ppl who i see in ig and game and who i try to get in in forum to find more info about rules and stuff wont come in here? They wont come here, cause ppl like you. Ppl who think that they are better ppl than those who has lower english skills are disgusting. Do you have any idea how much ppl like you, damage the actual game? How those poor english skill ppl hear about new stuff, while they can't come in forum, cause they are scared ppl like you, who come and insult them, cause they doesn't speak perfect english? Shame on you, like really shame on you.

    I try fight against ppl like you all the time and still i see ppl like you in forum. You are one of the reason, why some get their bfg worlds nuked. You are one of the reason why some get scammed and i can continue this list whole day. This is how much damage YOU cause. So, before you start talk about any insults, fix your own attitude.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  7. #27
    Master Sorcerer Selim149's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    People like you who are content with the world they live in are the reason nothing changes.
    I don’t have time for this. Good luck with life sir.
    https://i.ibb.co/MpFKwRL/A18-DA1-AB-...A9318-FB76.png
    Thancc DavidDoesPbg



  8. #28
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    h
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    [Content locked! You must quote this thread/reply to see it!]
    h

  9. #29
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Dude you can stop insulting ppl based on their english skills! Your behavior is rude, against growtopia code and so on. So, if you want make community less toxic, let's start from yourself ok? How you think that ppl would come and talk in forums, when forum is full of toxic ppl like you? Can you tell me? Do you know why most of ppl who i see in ig and game and who i try to get in in forum to find more info about rules and stuff wont come in here? They wont come here, cause ppl like you. Ppl who think that they are better ppl than those who has lower english skills are disgusting. Do you have any idea how much ppl like you, damage the actual game? How those poor english skill ppl hear about new stuff, while they can't come in forum, cause they are scared ppl like you, who come and insult them, cause they doesn't speak perfect english? Shame on you, like really shame on you.

    I try fight against ppl like you all the time and still i see ppl like you in forum. You are one of the reason, why some get their bfg worlds nuked. You are one of the reason why some get scammed and i can continue this list whole day. This is how much damage YOU cause. So, before you start talk about any insults, fix your own attitude.
    1. I wasn’t making fun of you? I was stating the fact that I couldn’t read what you were saying. Sorry?

    2. I’m against people bashing minorities and against the mods who ignore it. Damn, I’m horrible.

    3. You’re not even arguing about the same thing anymore. Suddenly I’m toxic and I’m the reason BFGs get nuked and I’m the reason people get scammed.

    This doesn’t make sense.

    BFGs get nuked when the owners name them inappropriately or when the owners allow (or are) auto-farmers.

    I don’t scam people because I have been scammed before and I know how it feels. I have no world locks right now because all I do is mess around and have fun with my friends.

    I have no idea why you’re this pissed off at me. I have no idea where the idea that I’m some evil toxic scammer came from. I’m a guy who’s concerned about the growing amount of toxicity in the community and because I’m worried, that somehow makes me toxic?

    Doesn’t make sense, but whatever floats your boat.

    EDIT: Spelling.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  10. #30
    Master Sorcerer Noxagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Gay can be used both way, like b*tch

    1) Insults, do not mean they hate them, but it's just the way it is.
    2) The actual meaning, that's homophobic.
    may my demise be a promise to you.

  11. #31
    Master Sorcerer KVLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    On a piece of paper
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    Yep, cruel world. So what are you gonna do? Accept it, or change it?
    I'll choose to accept the fact that it is impossible to change it.

    Also, stop being sarcastic, it really pissed people off.

  12. #32
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxagon View Post
    Gay can be used both way, like b*tch

    1) Insults, do not mean they hate them, but it's just the way it is.
    2) The actual meaning, that's homophobic.
    Exactly. So if you don’t hate gays, don’t use “gay” as if it’s an insult.

    That’s literally all I’m asking here, lmao.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KVLEE View Post
    I'll choose to accept the fact that it is impossible to change it.

    Also, stop being sarcastic, it really pissed people off.
    I don’t recall anything in the rules that says sarcasm is prohibited.

    The only thing stopping change is people that think change won’t happen, or refuse to accept change. Pretty simple.

    All it takes is for you, the reader, to stop using “gay” as an insult. Boom, something changed. One less person spreading anti-minority jokes.

    It’s really not that hard and is entirely possible.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  13. #33
    Master Sorcerer Astigmatisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    h
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    christians and probably other religions don't agree with homophobia because its gay amen

    [THIS IS ME BEING MEGA SARCASTIC]
    h

  14. #34
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    christians and probably other religions don't agree with homophobia because its gay amen ���������������� �

    THIS IS ME BEING MEGA SARCASTIC
    This reminds me of a specific quote;

    “If you hate gays, you’re saying you prefer straight men. Sounds gay to me.”
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  15. #35
    Master Sorcerer Noxagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    Exactly. So if you don’t hate gays, don’t use “gay” as if it’s an insult.

    That’s literally all I’m asking here, lmao.
    Sadly it's already meant as an insult, fact that you will never be able to change unless you can brainwash the whole world.
    (Definitely not a good way to begin with gt)
    may my demise be a promise to you.

  16. #36
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxagon View Post
    Sadly it's already meant as an insult, fact that you will never be able to change unless you can brainwash the whole world.
    Then ban people who use it as an insult.

    Just like we banned people who did drop games.

    Don’t see nearly as many drop games going on now.

    Banning people works every time.

    Even if it only stops people from doing it in SBs, that’s still better than having to put up with that bullshit constantly.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  17. #37
    Master Sorcerer Noxagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    Then ban people who use it as an insult.

    Just like we banned people who did drop games.

    Don’t see nearly as many drop games going on now.

    Banning people works every time.

    Even if it only stops people from doing it in SBs, that’s still better than having to put up with that bullshit constantly.
    Yea, stop them other words will appear, probably lesb. Ban them again? Other words. Rebellion will always find its own way.
    may my demise be a promise to you.

  18. #38
    Lesser Wizard 72ndSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxagon View Post
    Yea, stop them other words will appear, probably lesb. Ban them again? Other words. Rebellion will always find its own way.
    If you say ANYTHING in a way that counts as bullying, you should be banned.

    It’s already in the /rules. Check rule 4.

    The only issue is that the mods don’t enforce ALL of the rules anymore. Only the ones they feel like enforcing.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

    IGN is the same as forums.



    Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor: Not complete!


  19. #39
    Lesser Knight Aargon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Hey guys as an outside observer, I think it's gotten to the point where you guys should take a step back. Whilst I agree that it is not right to throw around the word gay as an insult or in a way that puts people down, discussing this topic on the forums in this manner won't change a thing. I think it's also worth bearing in mind that many of the players that are broadcasting this are likely kids who themselves aren't exactly aware of the meanings and implications of tossing the word around. In saying this, there is no way that the Growtopia community as a whole can ever be moulded into a perfect non toxic community inclusive of everyone and their personal beliefs and as such you just have to look past these situations and carry on with your own day. At the end of the day Growtopia is a game that we all play to have fun and maybe to get a quick escape from our lives, so try not to let these things ruin your day.
    “Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep; for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as the latter.”
    ― Paxton Hood


  20. #40
    Master Sorcerer Noxagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    If you say ANYTHING in a way that counts as bullying, you should be banned.

    It’s already in the /rules. Check rule 4.

    The only issue is that the mods don’t enforce ALL of the rules anymore. Only the ones they feel like enforcing.
    Block = GAY doesn't seems like bully to me though.
    may my demise be a promise to you.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •