Thread: Was there a buff active while October update was delayed or has farming been nerfed?

Squire

Question Was there a buff active while October update was delayed or has farming been nerfed?

I am asking, simply because I've experienced severe losses in seed gains while farming non-farmable blocks with all the top farming equipment the game provides. I.e. harvesting with Fuel Packs and Dreamcatcher Staff, breaking with Ancestral Tesseract of Dimensions, fully upgraded to level 5, and Buddy Block Head.

Sure, I could throw in clovers, but that wasn't really necessary... until now.

As an example, Aqua Cave Crystals rose by roughly 10-13.5% per farming cycle before the October update.

Cherry Blossom Trees could be farmed, if lucky, even with a Level 1 Tesseract of Dimensions. Now it seems rather impossible, fully upgraded. Clovers would be a necessity, at rarity 28.

I am not sure about Asteroid farming, are there Asteroid farmers who experienced a similar nerf?
    At a much higher rarity, these should be impossible to farm right now, even with Clovers.

I am just disappointed, because I've just recently managed to acquire Level 5, which is very expensive these days. I could only enjoy the benefit as it was for less than a week.

Now I see gains with Aqua Cave Crystals that max out at 3 to 3.5%. Which is only 80-90 seeds per full farm.

From my understanding it's roughly a 7.5-10% cut in farming gains since the October update is live.

Serf

Don't know about this, the seed profit haven't really changed for me, yes i do get like 10-15 seeds less than i used to get, but it haven't changed so drasticly, like it did for you
    Previous forums account: ISkelis

GrowID: CasuaLDennis
    Goals: Have fun while doing nothing

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by CasuaLDennis View Post
    Don't know about this, the seed profit haven't really changed for me, yes i do get like 10-15 seeds less than i used to get, but it haven't changed so drasticly, like it did for you
    Depending on what you farm, and how many, 10-15 seeds less can be a significant nerf over time. In terms of Aqua Cave Crystals you'd lose 5-8 WLs each cycle, which could pay for harvester's fuel instead.

Quote Originally Posted by mountarreat View Post
    I am asking, simply because I've experienced severe losses in seed gains while farming non-farmable blocks with all the top farming equipment the game provides. I.e. harvesting with Fuel Packs and Dreamcatcher Staff, breaking with Ancestral Tesseract of Dimensions, fully upgraded to level 5, and Buddy Block Head.

Sure, I could throw in clovers, but that wasn't really necessary... until now.

As an example, Aqua Cave Crystals rose by roughly 10-13.5% per farming cycle before the October update.

Cherry Blossom Trees could be farmed, if lucky, even with a Level 1 Tesseract of Dimensions. Now it seems rather impossible, fully upgraded. Clovers would be a necessity, at rarity 28.

I am not sure about Asteroid farming, are there Asteroid farmers who experienced a similar nerf?
    At a much higher rarity, these should be impossible to farm right now, even with Clovers.

I am just disappointed, because I've just recently managed to acquire Level 5, which is very expensive these days. I could only enjoy the benefit as it was for less than a week.

Now I see gains with Aqua Cave Crystals that max out at 3 to 3.5%. Which is only 80-90 seeds per full farm.

From my understanding it's roughly a 7.5-10% cut in farming gains since the October update is live.
    u need builder potion too
    Hi there!, Have a gud day xD

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Minamori View Post
    u need builder potion too
    It's not about that 1%, it's about a much larger percentage. And if I am not the only one who lacks seeds on average, it's not based on luck or 1% more or less.

If I don't use the potion for a certain farmable, log my average stats, and do it the same way as before, and the stats differ now in October, it's not about the potion. Of course you need Clover and Potion the higher the rarity, but that's not the issue here.

I am talking seed loss, same equipment, same way of farming, September vs. October.

It's not about that 1%, it's about a much larger percentage. And if I am not the only one who lacks seeds on average, it's not based on luck or 1% more or less.

If I don't use the potion for a certain farmable, log my average stats, and do it the same way as before, and the stats differ now in October, it's not about the potion. Of course you need Clover and Potion the higher the rarity, but that's not the issue here.

I am talking seed loss, same equipment, same way of farming, September vs. October.
    Or maybe u lucks just go straight down
    jk hope u got the answer from growtopia team
    Last edited by Minamori; 10-15-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    Hi there!, Have a gud day xD

Quote Originally Posted by Minamori View Post
    Or maybe u lucks just straight down
    jk hope u got the answer from growtopia team
    They probably won't answer this question tbh as it will reveal actual stats

We will also never know if thingamabob drop rate have changed or that people are getting luckier.
    IGN :LI0NHEART

The combo you have all been waiting for.
    I know its beautiful, no need to thank me,you are all welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecchi View Post
    They probably won't answer this question tbh as it will reveal actual stats

We will also never know if thingamabob drop rate have changed or that people are getting luckier.
    Have you noticed that there is many Dr. title and many mercy wings? Do you think that maybe, just maybe, ppl does more surgs now than ever before and that means more prizes like bobs.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Sort of, but I don't think they have been nerfed. I did get surprisingly low seeds from few farms, but also some above average. Just bad luck I guess.