Thread: Hypothetical Questions

Default Hypothetical Questions

1. There is a button in front of you:
    If you push it, a child dies. If you don't, everyone dies. What is your choice?

2. You drive a train and both rails have people tied to it: One has five people and one has one person. Which rail would you choose?
    2#. The one person on the rail is a king who can stand harsh criticism and actually loves his people. And the other 5 are the richest people in the kingdom who would regularly spare 10% of their money to the poor.
    Which rail would you choose?

3. A god appears in front of you and offers you a deal:
    If you choose to die, everyone in the world would be free from incurable diseases. Would you accept this deal?

4. Here's a compulsory choice:
    #1 You were given the ability to create any kind of creature you like. However, for every creature you create, a random existing species goes extinct and your new one thrives.
    #2 You were given the ability to use psychic powers. However, your lifespan decreases twice as fast when you are using the powers.
    Which one would you choose?

5. You are a tomb robber and you found two treasures, but taking both of them would result immediate death due to a curse.
    Here are the treasures:
    #1. A machine that could make money at the cost of one dollar for one second of your lifespan.
    #2. A staff that allows you to make a world you desire but you only have one chance.
    Which one would you choose? (You cannot leave without one due to the death curse)
    Last edited by Deftera; 10-24-2019 at 11:04 AM. Reason: New questions
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I have a heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Do you love dragons with your brain?

1)I will press the button,so everyone except the child (rip) is safe,if I press it everyone including the child dies
    2)AAAAAA maybe the one with one person,very hard question
    3)I will not kill myself,I will find ways to prevent those diseases and weaken the disease
    I don't have ideas to what to put on my signature, So here's a text meme

I would answer all of those questions with having the least people be injured or die.

So I would have the child die in question one, because it would mean that everybody else would be safe. The 1 person on the rail would be pretty unlucky, because I would rather have one person die than 5. Zero hesitation on question 3 if it would mean that nobody would have to live with illness/disease. My life, though nice to have, is not as important as I feel billions of people's health is.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Yes
    Yes
    Win-win soo YES
    Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:320x,crop:x800,quality:90x75/images/4a395a47cc1ac6d5c1141763cb3b5b1873f6b48f97bed31d31  0248a3523e00fb_1.jpg

1, press the button
    2,one person
    3,yes

Don't forget join secret santa 2019 here:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ret-Santa-2019
    Probably u can't click this!

Instagram: Rimuoi._
    Discord: * Asagiri Rim *#1725

Here's a new one that I just thought of:

Same as No.2, but the one person on the rail is a king who can stand harsh criticism and actually loves his people. And the other 5 are the richest people in the kingdom who would regularly spare 10% of their money to the poor.
    What is your choice?
    Latest Youtube Video:

I have a heart?

(1) The first question is IMO quite obvious. If you kill everyone, the child will not be able to just start a new human race or something - there isn't any humans left to reproduce, nor any parents to take care of them. Sure, the child will die - but for the good of humanity.

(2) One death's better than five. There's no need to kill more lives that necessary.
    (2#) A leader who is capable in leading a kingdom to glory is indubitably more important compared to five wealthy Samaritans. Sure, they help the poor - but that's that. A great monarch would let a kingdom prosper better compared to some wealthy good-

(3) No. Diseases are there to balance out the increasing birth rate. Sounds immoral - I know.

Just a random dragon collector.
    Dragons collected:

1. Child b'gone.

2. Spare the king. I greatly respect the people who can take criticism, and I'd imagine if he truly does love his people he could accomplish a lot more than the richest people.

3. Assuming this is the Christian God, and as long as I get to go to Heaven, I'd take the deal.

4. This one's very easy for me, I could finally make dragons a reality!
    also I suppose I could just re-create any species I caused to go extinct given my newfound powers
    Don't really see much point/use for psychic powers either.

ok y'all the pics back

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Quote Originally Posted by Deftera View Post

2. You drive a train and both rails have people tied to it: One has five people and one has one person. Which rail would you choose?
    2#. The one person on the rail is a king who can stand harsh criticism and actually loves his people. And the other 5 are the richest people in the kingdom who would regularly spare 10% of their money to the poor.

If you choose to die, everyone in the world would be free from incurable diseases. Would you accept this deal?

#1 You were given the ability to create any kind of creature you like. However, for every creature you create, a random existing species goes extinct and your new one thrives.
    #2 You were given the ability to use psychic powers. However, your lifespan decreases twice as fast when you are using the powers.
    1. I will choose the child, however I will never let go of the regret, only feeling that I murdered that child
    2. I'd let the rich people die, they might spare their money, but a king who loves his people can help his kingdom many more times than they can, again I'd feel regret at their death, but I must choose. If I am a strong person, I would stop the train myself to make sure no one dies.

3. Yes and no, If the world is free from incurable diseases, the population which is inflating will start inflating at an even greater pace, disease is an immoral choice but it'll keep the fewer people who are left happy. Poverty would become an even greater issue and now I don't wanna get into arguments, but the fewer people there are, the better it is. My death is a small factor to consider in this, in the end, its all about which option is right.
    4. I have a great respect for animals and stuff, without them, our civilization can never thrive, so it feels wrong to kill a species in order to create a new one. Sure, I might do it if the species I create is an ideal version of the previous one.
    5. Use them only in need, or when helping others. I will use them when I must, that is all.

IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

A god appears in front of you and offers you a deal:

If I’ll end up having some space in Heaven, sure.
    Join Forumers United, Join now!

All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

1. Definitely kill the one child rather than my whole family, the human race and all the other 2 billion children.

2. I would stop the train.

3. No, because nothing matters if I'm dead anyways, and science is progressing at a fast rate, so I'd just kill myself for no reason.

4. 1, because I'd create mini-Growtopians in real life.
    IGN: Ephus

Over 6 Years of in-game experience.

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

The one button, since if I don’t everyone else dies...

The king/1 Person since he most likely has harsh criticism for a reason...

Since all diseases are technically cureable with time, I would deny the request (Also over population would kill us faster)

I would want the create any species I choose, since, get this, I can create a species of creatures/plant that work with my genetic code, and only my genetic code to give me, and only me phsycological powers without any negative effects (Besides that one other species dying).(Unless I kill off mosquitos)
    Found this XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My bad, forgot Growtopia is a mobile game as well.
    1 DL Art Contest!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...t-1Dl-(Snakes)

CHEAP SURG-E IN LOPYSURG

FREE DAILY BFG IN LOPYBFG

New question uwu
    Latest Youtube Video:

I have a heart?

1. wat, this question makes no sense
    2. My allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy!
    3. Accept, win/win situation jk
    4. #2 and never use it
    5. neither lmao

Signature v9.0

Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png

Quote Originally Posted by m456 View Post
    1. wat, this question makes no sense
    2. My allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy!
    3. Accept, win/win situation jk
    4. #2 and never use it
    5. neither lmao
    forgot to mention that leaving without treasures is also a curse of death
    Latest Youtube Video:

I have a heart?

5. You are a tomb robber and you found two treasures, but taking both of them would result immediate death due to a curse.
    Here are the treasures:
    #1. A machine that could make money at the cost of one dollar for one second of your lifespan.
    #2. A staff that allows you to make a world you desire but you only have one chance.
    Which one would you choose? (You cannot leave without one due to the death curse)
    1) push it but if possible I will save everyone
    2) stop the train if cant ill choose the lane with the king
    3) maybe if there is no cure
    4) I will choose the first choice since when I create a new spesies the other spesies will extinct therefore the ecosystem is still balanced
    5)I will choose the second choice which is the staff since the money machine will only create maximum of 1.89216 billion and that requires 60 years of my life and I would not have the chance to enjoy it if I pick the staff I can remove human from the earth since human have been breaking the environment and using all the mineral that we can find in the earth.
    IGN : Hugogamer709
    Level : 50
    World : HUGOGAMER709

Goals :
    1.Own a magplant farm : [X]
    2.Own a blue gem lock : [X]
    3.Own a focus eyes : [X]
    https://discord.gg/FZcRY7g

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hugogamer709 View Post
    if I pick the staff I can remove human from the earth since human have been breaking the environment and using all the mineral that we can find in the earth.
    but.... you die too and why not make a new world with way more resources than the old one without killing humans
    IGN: HaxFrNubz

^Join this lol^

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStorm View Post
    (1) The first question is IMO quite obvious. If you kill everyone, the child will not be able to just start a new human race or something - there isn't any humans left to reproduce, nor any parents to take care of them. Sure, the child will die - but for the good of humanity.

(2) One death's better than five. There's no need to kill more lives that necessary.
    (2#) A leader who is capable in leading a kingdom to glory is indubitably more important compared to five wealthy Samaritans. Sure, they help the poor - but that's that. A great monarch would let a kingdom prosper better compared to some wealthy good-

(3) No. Diseases are there to balance out the increasing birth rate. Sounds immoral - I know.
    Oh, you're back. Noice.

IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.