Thread: the other scammer !

Default the other scammer !

I know we've talked about it before

I told myself that I could trust someone I knew and give him 10wl to leave me the first place to a challenge ... I gave him but obviously .. he took the first place. .. but I learn in the end that this is not his first scam on the game I am forced to censor even if it should be allowed .. I say that, I say nothing!
    .. the report function is USELESS ... I have a proof 'screeshot) before giving it wl and after he revelate scammed me .. I will not have to give it to him, I'm stupid

a friend give me my 10wl that I pay him back because I felt bad

but I'm tired that the game is polluted by this kind of pettiness! and now, it insults people and ubisoft society etc ... can we do anything against this kind of individual?
    Last edited by Amadeus-Otaku; 10-14-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Hi, I understand your frustration with scammers - but we don't allow people to be singled out here. Please remove their IGN from your post. I think it would also be good if you gave The Growtopian Code a look, as they are our rules that need to be followed.

There isn't much you can do about them except ignore them and learn from your mistake. Reporting the player may or may not be effective, but it's still worth trying.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    Hi, I understand your frustration with scammers - but we don't allow people to be singled out here. Please remove their IGN from your post. I think it would also be good if you gave The Growtopian Code a look, as they are our rules that need to be followed.

There isn't much you can do about them except ignore them and learn from your mistake. Reporting the player may or may not be effective, but it's still worth trying.
    I hate this kind of message .. do not say anything better ... I'm tired ... must there is real initiative .. must move now! we are angry!

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus-Otaku View Post
    I know we've talked about it before

I told myself that I could trust someone I knew and give him 10wl to leave me the first place to a challenge ... I gave him but obviously .. he took the first place. .. but I learn in the end that this is not his first scam on the game (asweatyforehead) .. the report function is useless ... I have a proof before giving it wl .. I will not have to give it to him, I'm stupid

a friend give me my 10wl that I pay him back because I felt bad

but I'm tired that the game is polluted by this kind of pettiness! and now, it insults people and ubisoft society etc ... can we do anything against this kind of individual?
    If you are tired of getting scammed, quit gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandaler View Post
    If you are tired of getting scammed, quit gaming.
    WOW

you're so smart .. I give you a medal of the most silly message

I know you probably don't like seeing a message like this but the only way you can get the guy who scammed you punished is by contacting support directly and providing proof against him. Otherwise you can't do anything against him, you can only complain but you won't get those items back so it's best if you just move forward and put that behind you. And one of the main rules of GT is sadly: "Don't trust anyone" so avoid trusting well... anyone.

And just a sidenote: You didn't really censor their name and the name is in the topic headline so it's still considered singling out.

IGN: Superparty
    Level: 70/125

This site saves lives when it comes to trading. Check it out!
    https://growstocks.xyz/

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus-Otaku View Post
    WOW

you're so smart .. I give you a medal of the most silly message
    By responding like this you're just removing any sympathy that anyone may have had for your situation. Whilst I'm sure all of us share a common opinion of scammers, this is like others have said is the wrong way of going about taking action.
    “Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep; for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as the latter.”
    ― Paxton Hood

Quote Originally Posted by Superparty View Post
    I know you probably don't like seeing a message like this but the only way you can get the guy who scammed you punished is by contacting support directly and providing proof against him. Otherwise you can't do anything against him, you can only complain but you won't get those items back so it's best if you just move forward and put that behind you. And one of the main rules of GT is sadly: "Don't trust anyone" so avoid trusting well... anyone.

And just a sidenote: You didn't really censor their name and the name is in the topic headline so it's still considered singling out.

i cant get erase the title...
    i trusted this guys because before, we helped each other ....

Quote Originally Posted by Aargon View Post
    By responding like this you're just removing any sympathy that anyone may have had for your situation. Whilst I'm sure all of us share a common opinion of scammers, this is like others have said is the wrong way of going about taking action.

agree that the message the member posted was useless!

Imagine joining the forum recently, complaining, and then disregarding information that players of experience that surpasses your own by years.

Let me be blunt. No one here cares you got scammed. These threads are getting tiresome as they do nothing for the game. Cool, you just complained about him scamming. He can easily change his name and scam again. See what you're supposed to do is learn from your experience of getting scammed and don't get scammed again. But obviously, "we" which you blatantly used "are angry". You notice how everyone who posts on this thread is disagreeing with you? "We" are not angry. "You" are.
    Goals-
    -A Glitched Seed World
    -Legendary Title []
    -Level 125 [105/125]
    -1,000 Pepper Farms [3/1,000]
    -1,000 Sorcerer Stone Farms [14/1,000]

Usernames that I own-
    -SLOTH

Quote Originally Posted by SLOTH GT View Post
    Imagine joining the forum recently, complaining, and then disregarding information that players of experience that surpasses your own by years.

Let me be blunt. No one here cares you got scammed. These threads are getting tiresome as they do nothing for the game. Cool, you just complained about him scamming. He can easily change his name and scam again. See what you're supposed to do is learn from your experience of getting scammed and don't get scammed again.
    you no need to be unpleasant and know that now, I understood the lesson but do not speak for nothing
    I'm just saying that we console players are really angry and we have the impression that no one is listening to us!

it can very well change pseudo but it will always leave footprint

Being scammed is part of the game and, it never left the game and it's impossible to make it leave the game forever if you understand what I am saying. You trust someone, you live with the consequences of that trust. It's like giving your robot a free will and then it rebelled against you.

As the developers already said, they will add moderators to the console servers soon or later. Not to mention, the developers do listen and we also do listen. And everyone but Vandaler gave a piece of good advice. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Do not fall to those temptations of scams either do not listen to it.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

I've already responded to this issue in your other thread:

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...n-switch-xbox-!!!

Please refrain from making duplicate threads; closing this thread.