Thread: About Growtopia Database Leaked

Exclamation About Growtopia Database Leaked

So I have been wondering about that incident, I got questions to ask because I was inactive at that time but I still heard the news but I can't remember the context and I am very concerned about our Growtopia/E-mail accounts and IP addresses because I think that the database that breach are still out there like this one website
    that this person is selling the database and it likely that its already spread to the whole network.

Question
    1. When exactly that the database was breached?
    2. Do we caught or take action against the hacker yet?
    3. Could someone possibly sue the hacker or Ubisoft? I mean this is very serious
    4. In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em7MCZhzZoM that this player got hacked by the breached
    Does he got hacked at the same time as it was breached or it was happened later like after 1 year, 5 months?
    5. Can someone guarantee to me that the database leak could happen again or not?
    6. Is there anything that can protect the player from this except the AAP? and what about the player that didn't have it on and didn't
    hear the news? embrace the hack??
    Last edited by Baskerville; 10-20-2019 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Removed link to third party website.

IGN:Supermarine

Here, just check out Seth's thread. Should explain pretty much everything you need to know about staying safe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no context
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    dywinnie u can start pweeb with me owo we can bwender s togwetter :3 pwetty pwease

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Are they saving lists in single fields and then changing the entire list every time a single value of that list changes?
    I am also surprised to see how all player information is just squeezed into a single "players" table.
    Tbh this alone explains a lot of issues.
    The application code must be similarly messy.

ps. you shouldn't really post links to sites that go against growtopias "code", as it helps them promote their content.

Hmm, I need Diamond Locks to flex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axzyte View Post
    Hi I'm Axzyte
    GrowID: Alixity

Goals:
    Get WOTD
    Get Focused Eyes
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=400842&dateline=15630  10791Thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Here, just check out Seth's thread. Should explain pretty much everything you need to know about staying safe.
    Thank for the information but I already read that thread.
    Can anyone answer my question?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    It's most likely fake... Just like the fake moderator application sort of thing. They just want to get your attention, so that you'll trust them and do foolish things (such as giving them your password). Avoid and stay away from any source which relates to the first post and you'll thank me later.
    I'm confused by your reply, I mean the leak is real. I just wanna know the exact thing that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    It's most likely fake... Just like the fake moderator application sort of thing. They just want to get your attention, so that they could get your trust and so that you'll do foolish things (such as giving them your password). Avoid and stay away from any source which relates to the first post and you'll thank me later.
    Dude, i was here when this leak happened and i know it is real. Mods also announced it, so yes it is, really real thing.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Probably all the passwords are hashed and they need a couple years to decrypt them, so dont worry. but the emails and ip addresses, i cant really tell anything about them.

Quote Originally Posted by annesizpic View Post
    Probably all the passwords are hashed and they need a couple years to decrypt them, so dont worry. but the emails and ip addresses, i cant really tell anything about them.
    Hashing and encryption are two fundamentally different methods.
    You can't "decrypt" a hash by definition.
    The duration it takes until your password is found out will also depend a lot on the hash function and the rarity and complexity of your password.
    Please keep in mind that growtopia released 2013, a large portion of its playerbase is made up of children and that this leak is already two? years old.
    The often proclaimed "years" or "decades" usually also (afaik) refer to a per-salt, and not a per-user basis, which means that by the time a long and complex password is found out thousands of not-so-safe users will already have felt the consequences.
    A database leak is not something trivial and shouldn't be played down like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    Hashing and encryption are two fundamentally different methods.
    You can't "decrypt" a hash by definition.
    The duration it takes until your password is found out will also depend a lot on the hash function and the rarity and complexity of your password.
    Please keep in mind that growtopia released 2013, a large portion of its playerbase is made up of children and that this leak is already two? years old.
    The often proclaimed "years" or "decades" usually also (afaik) refer to a per-salt, and not a per-user basis, which means that by the time a long and complex password is found out thousands of not-so-safe users will already have felt the consequences.
    A database leak is not something trivial and shouldn't be played down like that.
    Well officially was released on 2013 but i think it was 2012 or 2011
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

5. Can someone guarantee to me that the database leak could happen again or not?

Hard to tell, but with a team should resolve much faster.
    may my demise be a promise to you.

Hi all,

Please ever refrain from posting links to third party websites that might seem suspicious. I've removed the link as I don't want anyone visiting this forum to be potentially exposed.

On February 2nd, 2018 we reported a Forum Security Incident and explained in detail why it happened. Since then, we've increased our measures to protect your data. While it's impossible to promise that something like this will never happen again, we are giving our utmost to store all your information as secure as we can.

You can check if your data was exposed on https://haveibeenpwned.com/. If your email address has been exposed, we advise you to change it on the forums as well as in the game.

~ Baskerville

just secure your email from anyone (when u already set the 2nd verification things) and all good
    =IGN : Crausse=