Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Forum Contest] Halloween World Building Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
    It may be to some but others still need at least a bit more time.
    I agree but theyll most likely stick with the date.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marten View Post
    Not the same, i mean, inspired. Im pretty sure world with copied arts/pixel arts will win, and you will see it. It've always happened
    I havent seen it honestly. Theyll usually take older stuff and change it to little or no differences.

If youve seen it, mind showing us an example that other people from the forums wouldve copied someones posted work here.
    //include <iostream>
    usingnamespace std;

Int main([])
    /*{
    Int, x; y
    cout >> "Aaa aa a a a a a/n;
    cin >> "x"
    Cout << "cin", cin:
    Return 0
    }
    }
    */
    Huge THANKS for astigmat for correcting the spelling of code! ^-^

Post Aye!

Hope You Guys Would win!!!!

REserveddd
    IGN: ZyWick

Every Betrayal
    Every Alliance
    Every Risk
    Every Sacrifice
    Every Oath
    Every Death

is all #ForTheThrone

Quote Originally Posted by Marten View Post
    Or they just dont want to get copied
    yes you right too)))

Alright I'm finally done with my world

Render of world
    Name:  restlessdead (3).png
Views: 133
Size:  451.5 KB
    (Latest render is down below)

WORLD: RESTLESSDEAD

Name: LI0NHEART

A Short Description of the world/ story.

on this faithful day, the telephone rang, usually it would have been the other way round. When you picked up the call, to your surprise it is Crazy Jim calling you. He mentions that he has a quest for you and that he will be wiring a Treasure map to you, through the phone, of course, like always! You feel a bit suspicious about Crazy Jim calling you but you decide to ignore the feeling. In return for the treasure map, all that he asks of you is to bring him a "Torn and tattered diary beyond the cave". With you being all excited about the quest, you decide to end the call early before Crazy Jim could give his last sentence of warning. All you heard was "Beware of the skele.. ton..." Rushing off, you ignore the foreboding feeling of dread, I'm sure that Crazy Jim's warning is not that important, right?

( It is a progressive story and the parkour has to be completed/nearing the end before the full picture comes into place.)

The world has all the relevant Jammers ( P & Z ) along with an extra Fire House just in case some jokers decide to set the world aflame. ( I know it supposed to be scary and all with hell-like features but don't burn my world or any other worlds in fact, it isn't nice.)

Some things that are needed for the parkour
    - an item that provides double jump mod
    - a item that provides speedy mod

The world is designed based on the theme, Halloween.

The only pixel art is the skulls which are completely integrated into the parkour and is not filled with solid blocks, it is more of a background art and does not interfere with the parkour.

I would say that 80% of the " pixel art" are wallpapers which allows me to build within the art itself while retaining the overall shape of the pixel art. It is with utmost regret that I did not use enough creativity for the outline of the skulls in fear of ruining the spooky human like features.

Worlds Desgin is original with no copied pixel arts from other peoples' world's or the Internet. Skulls when toned down and shrunk to fit in the world have a generic shape and is hard to alter the shape of the skull itself as people then may not view it as a SKULL though the shapes may seem similar.

I can say with 100% sincerity that the skull pixel arts are not copied, not copied, I repeat not copied. Important things must be repeated trice Right?

I desgined it personally with reference to the human skull ( of course I had to look at some pictures for inspiration but it was not copied. It cannot be found on the Internet or any other art related platforms.

Mainly all of my inspiration came from the Czech 'Church of Bones' when I visited the place in Czechia, Kutna Hora (Sedlec Ossuary), stacks of bones covered everything, from parts of the floor to the ceiling and even the decorations. All pixel arts are created with reference to the human skull.

Sorry for repeating it so many times as some of my friends are wondering where I got the pixel art from. (I got it from piecing stuff together in my brain).

Back to a more serious note, these are
    Some of the + points I believe that I met.

Plus Points I believe the world has a creepy and interesting storyline which much emotional ups and downs which will leave you with nightmares at night!

Plus Points My world has a VIP/hang-out room once you have reached the end of the parkour but it is considered small as the space has been used up for building.

Plus Points The world has some guest books which contain interesting information about Halloween and players can read them.

Plus Points I am certain that I used new/creative ideas and/or mechanics that are rarely used in game to create the parkour. Some examples would be the use of tricksters, deathtrap walls, adventure braziers, adventure barrier, dimension blocks, mystery doors, locked adventure doors and an interactive storyline where at certain points of the parkour, they get to choose different paths.

Plus Points My world has made use of a number of Halloween blocks and items, mainly pumpkin blocks and its other variations, along with evil eyes, creeps tone platform. Last but not least, boney blocks to give it the perfect skeletal vibe!

Plus Points This is a completely new world built from scratch with my own hands alone and has never been submitted to any contest /competitions or for WOTD, it is brand new.

This is just a small point, completely unrelated to the world but this is my first wotd attempt.

Edit : This is the latest render after optimisation
    Name:  restlessdead (4).png
Views: 89
Size:  881.1 KB
    Last edited by Ecchi; 10-29-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    IGN :LI0NHEART

The combo you have all been waiting for.
    I know its beautiful, no need to thank me,you are all welcome.

Master Sorcerer

song has to be originally composed or transcribed right
    This space is empty, just like the space in my skull.

Quote Originally Posted by ROOTbeerr View Post
    song has to be originally composed or transcribed right
    You cant expect people to know how to compose music in a game like this, very few people can do it and a lot of the contest entries wont of originally transcribed or composed
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

Squire

Gotta try I guess.
    "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant."
    -Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by ArtloS View Post
    There's not much that join this contest, this is kinda easy to win for them and there's some who want to join but they can't play. This is ridiculous, the deadline is 29th Oct. and we only have 8 more days to build. Heh, you better fix the glitch before hosting a contest or giveaway to make it fair.
    I feel like if they extend the deadline further right now, some people would be pissed because it'd be unfair.

IGN: electrodream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 23
    Forumers' VIP pass: StarboardFTW.

To clarify, I'm not an Australian citizen but I'm an Indonesian studying abroad.

Nominating THECURSEDFLAME by Kaito and Krankie

Here is the latest world render!
    Name:  thecursedflame.png
Views: 102
Size:  1.62 MB

Update!
    *I am already done with my nomination, hope you guys will like it. I would gladly accept some critics possibly, it would help me improve as a builder.
    If it is okay to the host of this contest, I kinda nominated this as WOTD too because I intended in making this for my followers as well. It is mostly for them ^_^

Backstory:
    In the city of Haluluna, a fire emerged within the forest causing enormous fire spreads among the city: this fire plead no harm to burn anything but to curse massively on its surroundings. A chosen one, prior to a prophecy from the Crapedium Book of Haluluna, a book which holds the destiny of the city written by a Greek God named "Titaly", ruler of fate and wisdom. The chosen one was to find solution to stop the curse of the flame, and try to revoke it with the help of the Eyeledge, what holds beyond hids beneath.

World Contains:
    *Various Scenarios
    *Horrific Storyline
    *Pixel Arts
    *Wolfworld inspired
    *Usage of numerous unknown blocks
    *Mind boggling block mixing
    *Usage of various adventure items
    *Full set of jammers: Punch Jammer, Zombie Jammer, and Ghost Charm
    *Publicity of Bridge Creation
    *Moral Lessons
    *Medium Difficulty Level
    *Creditory Board (thanking)
    *Ensurance of better gameplay

The blocks used may look messy on the render as what I intended to do, it is done just because the gameplay showcases different lookouts. Hoping for another win, this is for you guys: my burnin' babies (followers). I can't explain how thankful I am to you guys for criticizing my world honestly. @growtopia

UPDATE: I have done some minor changes such as adding of halloween blocks, the fixage of the upper layer deep sand, the gameplay, and slight changes to the story.

UPDATE: Changed the current checkpoints and platforms into the new blocks from the Tomb of Growganoth, creditory Board (thanking) is updated, fix minor issues on the block mixing, and addition of side related stories.
    Last edited by TonyChase; 10-29-2019 at 05:07 AM.
    Hey there folks, come and join us in our very special Secret Santa 2019 ⛄

By clicking this link❄
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ret-Santa-2019

IGN: Kaito
    World: KAITO
    Instagram: @kaitonatics

Quote Originally Posted by TonyChase View Post
    Reservation for Kaito!

I am gonna reserve my world "THECURSEDFLAME" because there is a team trying to sabotage my world. Ain't it happening if I will reserve it, so yeah. I am not trying to fight someone but I am trying to protect my dignity as a promising solo builder trying to be as unique as I can be.

This is just a partial design and an unfinished one, I will admit that the eyes looked like it is copied but I made it on a world planner made by one of our forumers: days later my friend told me he found the design on google and I looked it up and it was there, and I planned to make changed so it will be my own "work'.

Attachment 226008
    That temple on the left looks oddly familiar. I'd advise you to change it as those who copy without asking is quite frankly rude.

(p.s. no, you cannot use the design)
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    That temple on the left looks oddly familiar. I'd advise you to change it as those who copy without asking is quite frankly rude.

wow techy will win, lmao/////

Not because you have the design, doesnt mean I copied it. Think, you are not the only growtopian who have temples like that :]

Yes sir, I was about to change it later ahead of time once I reach home from school today. I honestly had that design too for awhile but it seems like you have it, I will change it for you.

Sorry for the interuption.
    Last edited by TonyChase; 10-24-2019 at 04:31 AM.

By clicking this link❄

Does filling your world with random blocks that arent even halloweeny or scary make it a world, not asking for myself, but someone particular
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

Not because you have the design, doesnt mean I copied it. Think, you are not the only growtopian who have temples like that :]

Yes sir, I was about to change it later ahead of time once I reach home from school today. I honestly had that design too for awhile but it seems like you have it, I will change it for you.

Sorry for the interuption.
    Sorry, if you honestly think that having an exact replica of the temple I built in ROYALFESTIVAL is a mere coincidence, I honestly do not know what to say. And yes, many others have copied it off of me so you have probably seen it elsewhere.

Thank you nonetheless for opting to change it, but don’t be ignorant about it.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

There are quite a number of cool, interesting, and challenging worlds... I don't even know if I could compete!

Good luck everyone, 5 days left and my world is barely finished.

Sorry, if you honestly think that having an exact replica of the temple I built in ROYALFESTIVAL is a mere coincidence, I honestly do not know what to say. And yes, many others have copied it off of me so you have probably seen it elsewhere.

Thank you nonetheless for opting to change it, but don’t be ignorant about it.
    I understand your point too as a builder, I am sorry if I made you think I copied it from you but nethertheless I used a world planner for both eyes, temple, and fire. It quite took me some time making the temple since I was never interested in structures. ROYALFESTIVAL? I will check it later but on the bright side, if you merely look closely on my structure. It might be too different from yours ^_^

By clicking this link❄

I understand your point too as a builder, I am sorry if I made you think I copied it from you but nethertheless I used a world planner for both eyes, temple, and fire. It quite took me some time making the temple since I was never interested in structures. ROYALFESTIVAL? I will check it later but on the bright side, if you merely look closely on my structure. It might be too different from yours ^_^
    bro the structure is exactly the same
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    bro the structure is exactly the same
    The temple thingy is causing too much drama and all, I will freaking remove it for you guys! Happy now? I even worked hard for that in the world planner and this is what I am getting, *sigh*. I feel so trapped in a circle because of what is happening, even a simple creation of mine is being judged. Like what? Your not the only one with that kind of temple, I understand why "...." sent me a message here, like bruh I never said nor written it here that I copied any design, if I did copy I also know how to give a credit to someone!

If this is what I will be facing here, then it is just best that I will not join! Happy now? Of course you are because you will have a spot for Top 1-3, pfft.

I am just trying to defend myself and my work, which you people are judging. Yes, I do accept some critics but to call my temple a carbon copy is far worst!

By clicking this link❄

Just a little update, my friend told me to do not mind you guys since you are just trying to make me destroy what I made. He said "don't let those people stop you from joining", precisely a quote that I needed. Pfft it is for the moderators to judge anyways. Win or not, I enjoyed building the world alone... maybe you are just here for the prizes huh? Well to tell you honestly, this world I made was not planned for this contest and was planned for WOTD, since I need the trophy for my upcoming legendary quest. But my friends pushed me to submit it here, so I did.

This will be my last post on this thread, hate me or love me. It does not really matter to me already, what matters is that I joined and I enjoyed.
    Continue bashing me ^_^, I actually need more bashers so yeah.

By clicking this link❄