Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Forum Contest] Halloween World Building Contest

Quote Originally Posted by TonyChase View Post
    Just a little update, my friend told me to do not mind you guys since you are just trying to make me destroy what I made. He said "don't let those people stop you from joining", precisely a quote that I needed. Pfft it is for the moderators to judge anyways. Win or not, I enjoyed building the world alone... maybe you are just here for the prizes huh? Well to tell you honestly, this world I made was not planned for this contest and was planned for WOTD, since I need the trophy for my upcoming legendary quest. But my friends pushed me to submit it here, so I did.

This will be my last post on this thread, hate me or love me. It does not really matter to me already, what matters is that I joined and I enjoyed.
    Continue bashing me ^_^, I actually need more bashers so yeah.
    lol dude, you're honestly just so silly. you even cursed me in game asking me to die because I called it an exact copy which it is. no one's stopping you for joining,if not,we would say what's wrong with your entire world. Quit overreacting,we just said the temple is an exact copy and it's not hard to make some changes.
    IGN : Liquify

Just a little update, my friend told me to do not mind you guys since you are just trying to make me destroy what I made. He said "don't let those people stop you from joining", precisely a quote that I needed. Pfft it is for the moderators to judge anyways. Win or not, I enjoyed building the world alone... maybe you are just here for the prizes huh? Well to tell you honestly, this world I made was not planned for this contest and was planned for WOTD, since I need the trophy for my upcoming legendary quest. But my friends pushed me to submit it here, so I did.

This will be my last post on this thread, hate me or love me. It does not really matter to me already, what matters is that I joined and I enjoyed.
    uhm bro. theres nothing hard about changing a small part of the world. you still have around 5 days, and destroying a part of the world wont take that long. if you get inspired or whatsoever just give some credits to the owner. The world doesnt revolve around you so stop feeling so superior and dont assume that everyone in this thread are gonna build a world. no ones telling you not to join, so stop playing as the victim. plus, isnt it kind of hypocritical for you to say that he is here just for the prize, while claiming that the world you made wasnt actually for the contest, rather than just a wotd submission? dont get peer pressured to easily i guess .

Calm down guys, this is like valentines all over again.

Post FOR AN ARTS! (If good enough:))

Backstory: A man who named Jake find a way out trough some place. But he gets some problem in the way to get out. He find a place to rest and he got an home. But that's it the Jake house. He looking for Jake wife and son but is already dead. As soon, Jake feeling dizzy and he fainted. (full story in the world).

Preference:
    VIP Room
    PZ Ghost Charm and Pine Guard Jammer
    Story
    Information of Halloween
    Music
    Spooky Weather

Name:  cursedhalloween2k19.png
Views: 127
Size:  836.4 KB
    Last edited by Kayroze; 10-29-2019 at 02:10 PM. Reason: For Contest

Hello fellow forumers! Here's my entry to the contest:
    World Name: DEVILSUMMONING
    GrowID: Zirky

After reading about Devil Summoning, that's the only thing going on inside your head. You can't help but to take a step further, and attempt summoning the Devil by bringing him four offerings from all corners of the world. No matter the consequences.

Name:  devilsummoning.png
Views: 243
Size:  1.93 MB

I don't want to spoil the story, but there are four spooky sub-stories within the adventure, which also were used as the base for the different designs used in this world. Reading all of them (on signs and guestbooks) will make the story much much clearer and interesting!

World Includes:

Everyone who worked on this project is credited on a Scroll Bulletin close to spawn.

I hope you enjoy the world as we did enjoy making it!

- Zirky and PAWE79
    Last edited by Zirky; 10-29-2019 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Used reserved spot / fixed minor spelling errors
    Zirky, Growtopian from Finland since Summerfest 2014!

Squire

Hello my name is Azulius.I am here to nominate my world called "BANEOFLACTUS".

Description:
    Ever seen a depiction of growlactus or the face of maw of growganoth ? Well heres a story/depiction of a failed starship that fought growlactus.

Features:
    -Basic jammers
    -A story
    -fire house
    -Halloween blocks and recent blocks
    -Some cool mechanics
    -Adventure items

Render :
    Name:  baneoflactus.png
Views: 133
Size:  908.8 KB

I hope i atleast won in between the rank of 3-6
    Last edited by RetardKiddo; 10-29-2019 at 11:00 AM. Reason: I reserved this spot :)

Quote Originally Posted by Noxagon View Post
    would it be better if we make our own thread and title them "[HWBC] <world name>" or smt
    This method has worked well for WOTDs for quite a few years and it's easy to manage all entrees when they're in one place so I don't see any reason to change how things are.
    Zirky, Growtopian from Finland since Summerfest 2014!

The temple thingy is causing too much drama and all, I will freaking remove it for you guys! Happy now? I even worked hard for that in the world planner and this is what I am getting, *sigh*. I feel so trapped in a circle because of what is happening, even a simple creation of mine is being judged. Like what? Your not the only one with that kind of temple, I understand why "...." sent me a message here, like bruh I never said nor written it here that I copied any design, if I did copy I also know how to give a credit to someone!

If this is what I will be facing here, then it is just best that I will not join! Happy now? Of course you are because you will have a spot for Top 1-3, pfft.

I am just trying to defend myself and my work, which you people are judging. Yes, I do accept some critics but to call my temple a carbon copy is far worst!

Quit blowing this out of proportion and creating the drama yourself. Not a single person cares about whether or not you destroy your world, this isn't about sabotaging you. You're acting like we're attacking/bashing you until you're decimated. We are just upset with the fact that builders like you copy our stuff and then throw it in your world without any credit. Actually, credit aside it just proves your lack of creativity, how can you even call yourself a builder if you do not take pride in your OWN WORK?
    To sum: quit the crap, accept it, move on.

Edit: I can assure you as well with the drama you've contributed to and the obvious copying that it would not be in your best interest to believe you are going to be winning.

Edit 2: These look familiar...
    https://www.pngkey.com/detail/u2q8r5...eor-pixel-art/
    https://www.pinclipart.com/pindetail...l-art-clipart/

Lesser Wizard

fp why did this have to be a flame war. techy please dont single out ppl(Kaito is just a kid like you) and send a pm instead and Kaito just ignore them. It's your world and you definitely put a lot of work and time into it even if it's copied.
    Last edited by Kanna; 10-24-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
    fp why did this have to be a flame war. techy please dont single out ppl and send a pm instead and Kaito just ignore them. It's your world and you definitely put a lot of work and time into it even if it's copied.
    i agree)))

fp why did this have to be a flame war. techy please dont single out ppl(Kaito is just a kid like you) and send a pm instead and Kaito just ignore them. It's your world and you definitely put a lot of work and time into it even if it's copied.
    Even if the world is in his possession does not mean he owns the art.
    Copying is a thing you CAN do but it doesn't make it moral nor appreciated.
    I don't see any point in taking apart of a competition which rules clearly tell you to NOT to copy pixel art in your world if your world has multiple arts copied.
    Last edited by silly; 10-25-2019 at 05:42 AM.

this isn't a flame war,quit overreacting,we just said it's an exact copy and Kaito got really salty about it and replied as if we're insulting his world ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    this isn't a flame war,quit overreacting,we just said it's an exact copy and Kaito got really salty about it and replied as if we're insulting his world ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    im not overreacting you guys said that he should delete his world in a way that felt like he should be put in shame on himself. it wouldn't have happened if Techy hadn't raised too much awareness on Kaito's world.

Lesser Knight

Default World: Halloween2019s by Galastiz

Halloween2019s by Galastiz.
    Theme of this world is Owl and Pumpkin. I chose this because both are very identical to Halloween.
    This world has:
    - Main area
    - Parkour (easy-medium)
    - Vip room
    - Story about Owl
    - Selfie spot - Fire spot
    - PixelArt
    - Song
    - Pz jammer, Antigravity, weather, Start & End flag, Adventure items, etc.
    - Credits
    My GrowID: Galastiz
    World: Halloween2019s
    I await your arrival Name:  11-31-44-halloween2019s.png
Views: 318
Size:  315.5 KB

Lesser Wizard

Wink Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
    Calm down guys, this is like valentines all over again.
    Oh Hi Freak,

Remember the "world" i made in May?

Haha. *Wink*

Good Luck in the contest, i am not participating.

im not overreacting you guys said that he should delete his world in a way that felt like he should be put in shame on himself. it wouldn't have happened if Techy hadn't raised too much awareness on Kaito's world.
    no one asked him to delete,we just asked to remove something which have the exact same structure. but someone was implying that we asked him to delete the world lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Galastiz View Post
    Halloween2019s by Galastiz.
    Theme of this world is Owl and Pumpkin. I chose this because both are very identical to Halloween.
    This world has:
    - Main area
    - Parkour (easy-medium)
    - Vip room
    - Story about Owl
    - Selfie spot - Fire spot
    - PixelArt
    - Song
    - Pz jammer, Antigravity, weather, Start & End flag, Adventure items, etc.
    - Credits
    My GrowID: Galastiz
    World: Halloween2019s
    I await your arrival Name:  11-31-44-halloween2019s.png
Views: 318
Size:  315.5 KB
    wow good one, awesome job!

Default Casefiles - The Detective Murder Mystery

ID: 2ego
    World: Casefiles

Story:

Inspirations and references:

Gameplay:

Design:

Plus Points I don't think that the story is "scary," but creepy at parts for sure. But yeah, it's a halloween story, and I think it's a pretty good one!
    Plus Points It has a VIP room, a rather big one, people that beat the world can hangout in there. I left a lot of space at the top though, I specifically left so much so that people can talk/and stuff there.
    Plus Points In the most clever way I introduced people some halloween stuff, in the "evidence" room, I introduced halloween stuff as "evidence." I used a lot of gameplay blocks though, so I think people will learn a lot of things about growtopia in general while playing the world (Such as the Howler).
    Plus Points That is the strongest point of this world; the never-used blocks, backgrounds, mechanics, designs, gameplays, etc, being used here.
    Plus Points I used A LOT of halloween blocks, such as deadly spiders, cobwebs, creepy wallpapers, hanging threads, etc. I also used non-halloween blocks that are very halloween-ish!
    Plus Points Unfortunately I couldn't add a song, and while it does sound like an excuse: I couldn't because of something that has not been fixed by the developers yet; my GT sounds have been bugged since a few weeks ago, after an update, now they sound insanely horrible and buggy. However, because of this, I added a lot of music-playing blocks to the world, in hopes of that being the compensation.
    Plus Points Yes, it is a new world, a very new one. Once I heard about this contest, I immediately begun planning this world and buying resources for it. It's a very new world that has been made in only around a week (Though I stayed up the entire night twice to build it...ha-ha....) Well, while it's a recent one, it has more work than most worlds!
    No negative points because I never link any worlds to my worlds; I could never bring myself to shame my works like that. And yeah, of course it has jammers.

Name:  casefiles.png
Views: 108
Size:  1.01 MB

Give me all the criticism! I'm open to opinions, thoughts, and ideas! I'd like to improve what I can - while there are a few days left until the deadline.
    Last edited by 2ego; 10-29-2019 at 11:18 PM. Reason: New render

Default EERIEST Entry

World Name: EERIEST
    GrowID: Turdy

The world EERIEST is the superlative form of EERIE – meaning, something spooky.

It caters to provide three pixel arts all in relation to HALLOWEEN. Along the way, it introduces information about Halloween and anything scary. Furthermore, it also gives a taste of an original story in line with the original character concept for the Halloween Monster Character Contest.

It consists of parkour and adventure, Q&A and riddle, as well as a maze. The world makes use of different mechanics such as CYBOTS, ADVENTURE ITEMS, PASSWORD DOORS, SCREENDOOR MAZE, Looming blocks even the use of gravity pulls to bring you to your destination. Moreover, quite a number of different Halloween blocks were used to further give emphasis and correlation to the theme.

After finishing the world has to offer, there is a hangout area to chill. I hope that by this world, it is able to entertain people and provide connection to HALLOWEEN. It was made by heart and mind.

Thank you!

RENDER:
    Name:  EERIEST.png
Views: 337
Size:  742.5 KB
    IGN: Turdy

Hello!

EERIEST FOR WOTD!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Turds View Post
    World Name: EERIEST
    GrowID: Turdy

The world EERIEST is the superlative form of EERIE – meaning, something spooky.

It caters to provide three pixel arts all in relation to HALLOWEEN. Along the way, it introduces information about Halloween and anything scary. Furthermore, it also gives a taste of an original story in line with the original character concept for the Halloween Monster Character Contest.

It consists of parkour and adventure, Q&A and riddle, as well as a maze. The world makes use of different mechanics such as CYBOTS, ADVENTURE ITEMS, PASSWORD DOORS, SCREENDOOR MAZE, Looming blocks even the use of gravity pulls to bring you to your destination. Moreover, quite a number of different Halloween blocks were used to further give emphasis and correlation to the theme.

After finishing the world has to offer, there is a hangout area to chill. I hope that by this world, it is able to entertain people and provide connection to HALLOWEEN. It was made by heart and mind.

Thank you!

RENDER:
    Name:  EERIEST.png
Views: 337
Size:  742.5 KB
    finally, after long hours someone finally posted new world!