Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Major Scam that exists at this very moment.

a youtuber made a video including one of these worlds and it turns out he’s scam failing this same guy
    the youtuber is son of emerald
    here’s the video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIKU31X-NNM
    at approximately 4:34 is when he talks about it and starts the recording of him
    (not trying to promote him he’s not my favorite yt)
    ign:Noobified
    instagram:https://www.instagram.com/noobifiedgt/
    Discord: Noobified#7916

Goals:
    25 dls : 0/25
    Focused eyes: 5/100 Growtokens

Quote Originally Posted by Odric View Post

When you sign up for an account you are presented rules that you must agree with to proceed. In those rules exist several several warnings. When log in every time a news page pops up and at the bottom of that page you is a reminder that drop games are illegal again.

When you are in a world that is not your own and are dropping you receive another warning that once you drop an item it is not yours anymore. I cannot have sympathy because everyone involved in a drop game situation is in the wrong. Even the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by annesizpic View Post
    I wont single out this time, since my last thread got deleted. I havent broken any rules in this post so, you dont have the rights to delete it boi.

As i said in the title, there is a major and a old scammer that has been scamming for 2 years nonstop, just realize that this guy is a level 125, have 2 alts and is a major threat to the game and he must be banned, he generally wanders through; buyghc/seeds/buyrayman/show, aiming for 0-35 leveled people with expensive items. He also has a world called (****) a dropgame world made of nearly 90 shifty blocks (7wls each) and now, lets talk about how he scams so you guys could be aware of him, i will introduce it to you step by step.

I will just leave a screenshot of the world and censor my name, so he wont jam me by going to my world and burning it because of exposing him out.

1-He finds a random person from the worlds that i said and lets just say a random name for example (cba1234) who is leveled from 0-35, he meets the growtopian, tells him to "trd,Trade" and gives him 10 world locks for free, then leaves the world without saying nothing.

2-After nearly 5 minutes he goes to the growtopians world in this example its cba1234 and tells him to go to his world, once you go to his world there will also be a "random" guy that who seems that is a random guy but in reality, that guy mostly is his alt/friend he will pull you and the other to the dropping places, afterwards he will give you both 2 wls more, the "random" guy saying "i got free 12 wls lol" pretending to be a random person. Then he will drop a prize of 15 wls in the middle of the world, and leave just by saying "drop best win prize i leave world"

3-His friend will let you win the prize at first and ask you random questions like, "where are you from, how much is ur rayman, buy wings" and so on, his friend will drop 5-10 wls, the victim mostly drops 15wls and more to pass his friend, the owner enters (checks the cctv) and gives you the prize 15 wls, then makes the prize 25 wls,

4-At the second turn, his friend will tell you "let me win plz i need wls" and they will let you win for like 4 rounds in a row, giving you a total of 75 wls, in order to gain your trust.

5-After some wins, his friend will pass you no matter how many wls you drop, and get the Diamond lock prize,(to make you greedy and drop even more)

6-Depending on how rich you are, they will try to scam you directly proportional, if you look like a guy who has a rayman as his best item, they will try to get the 10-15 or even more dls, if you have dhorns, they will try to get the (50-75 wls) and so on.

7-And now they will let you win even more like 10-20 Dls if they realize that you are so rich, if they dont realise you are that much rich, they will scam the 5 dls for example, and the prize will always be more depending on the round (1st round-15wls,2-25wls,3-35 or 50wls,4-1dl,5-1dl,6-2dls,7-250wls,8-5dls,9-5dls) if you seem like a rich person they will let you win maximum 20 dls (by the way the wls that you will be getting is also directly proportional), and then drop a prize of 50,75 dls and leave the world, at this very moment if you drop more than the prize his friend will throw a psychotic bunny on you, if you are far from his friend, the owner will set up a door the the dropgame world and write /ban cba1234 on the chat once his friend gives a signal to the owner that you dropped, the owner will instantly enter to the world and ban you, or ultimately, if you have a friend near you protecting you from possible bans/bunnies if you drop, his friend will give a signal to the owner again once you drop and address change the world, moving you to the white door, and leaving the dls on the dropping places.

Best way to avoid this scam is to report the owner/his friend/the world and leave the place immediately since you cant know what they are gonna do/when they are going to scam you, you cant know the limit.

If a guardian/moderator/administrator is reading this please investigate this, they are major threats to the community and harming growtopians/growtopia, constantly leading them to quit the game.

Additional Screenshots :

Attachment 225832Attachment 225833 Attachment 225831

i will also edit the post when i see more setups.

- - - Updated - - -
    On it's own, this isn't a scam, but it's more of a illusion and psychological method used to make a drop game or other scam events seem less suspicious and scam-like when in reality, it's definitely meant to scam players. This is because most people would look at this setup and the first thing that pops to their minds would be that the owner has devoted so much worldlocks to decorate the area thus, they would have no purpose to scam. Whereas in reality, this is definitely false.

Unlike the force, this method can Seriouslly caused many strong and weak minded players alike to be fooled. So yea, something definitely has to be done about the whole thing! .
    IGN - MineDeath
    long have I waited, and now your coming together, it will be your undoing!.
    Instagram:
    Tap me!

This is a major scam because 7 out of 10 falls for it.
    And its not a little scam,People have started to do this scam. And its getting popular
    So just because people are dumb enough to drop in an inaccessible area, it’s considered a major scam? Aren’t there already enough warnings given to players to NOT DROP? Popular or not at the end of the day, it’s still a drop game isn’t it? It should be common sense by now that you shouldn’t be participating in drop games. The only one to blame is the person who dropped. The scammer can’t do anything if nobody drops. Just don’t drop, simple.

Again, not a major scam. Just a manipulative way to get people to play drop game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaySia View Post
    So just because people are dumb enough to drop in an inaccessible area, it’s considered a major scam? Aren’t there already enough warnings given to players to NOT DROP? Popular or not at the end of the day, it’s still a drop game isn’t it? It should be common sense by now that you shouldn’t be participating in drop games.

Again, not a major scam. Just a manipulative way to get people to play drop game.
    Which targets youngsters. who cant really think deep. A scam who targets people that who thinks they would be safe once the owner leaves and they think they are safe so the owner "can't ban" them.

It's considered a major scam since you probably haven't seen a scam which is that advanced and dangerous, you might think that this is dumb because you can obviously think and realize its a scam to gain your trust and scam you. But people cannot think like you most of the time. Thats why scams always exist in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MineDeath View Post
    On it's own, this isn't a scam, but it's more of a illusion and psychological method used to make a drop game or other scam events seem less suspicious and scam-like when in reality, it's definitely meant to scam players. This is because most people would look at this setup and the first thing that pops to their minds would be that the owner has devoted so much worldlocks to decorate the area thus, they would have no purpose to scam. Whereas in reality, this is definitely false.

Unlike the force, this method can Seriouslly caused many strong and weak minded players alike to be fooled. So yea, something definitely has to be done about the whole thing! .
    If a moderator/guardian/administrator is reading this, please contact me through private messages,(i cant contact to them since they dont really respond) i know nearly 11 names(that they can investigate) that who scams like this, the worlds, their friends. The game could be much more peaceful without those threats, they would probably quit since they dont have that much economic power to gain peoples trust and leave the game.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    I just visited, and saw a player get his angel wings scammed.
    How can someone be so idiotic goes beyond me.
    Sell random items in world called 69L

Quote Originally Posted by Vandaler View Post
    How can someone be so idiotic goes beyond me.
    The owner is really really really fast at banning.

I messaged a game guardian about the world, since no mods were on.
    Ephus (Set #2 currently in use!)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

The owner is using cheat engine functions to speed up the game, and ban people faster once he enters to the world. This is a known trick that vend scammers use to not lose wls (making their friends buy the items for cheap faster than anyone else with cheat engine)

The owner is using cheat engine functions to speed up the game, and ban people faster once he enters to the world. This is a known trick that vend scammers use to not lose wls (making their friends buy the items for cheap faster than anyone else with cheat engine)
    They use a door and probably playing in pc/mac.they can type /ban then enter the world from a door and instantly press enter. Test it out
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by SYNDO GT View Post
    They use a door and probably playing in pc/mac.they can type /ban then enter the world from a door and instantly press enter. Test it out
    It's not as fast as it must be without cheat engine.

you sir have just described a drop game.

i will carefully consider your advice to not take part in one. i appreciate your concern for this problem and your desire to alert the community.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBounty View Post
    you sir have just described a drop game.

i will carefully consider your advice to not take part in one. i appreciate your concern for this problem and your desire to alert the community.
    It's a new generation of dropgames.

Lesser Wizard

It's a new generation of dropgames.
    Nope, this Dropgame scam has been out for years.. one of my idiot friends got scammed med scarf like this 2-3 years ago.
    Sell random items in world called 69L

Which targets youngsters. who cant really think deep. A scam who targets people that who thinks they would be safe once the owner leaves and they think they are safe so the owner "can't ban" them.

It's considered a major scam since you probably haven't seen a scam which is that advanced and dangerous, you might think that this is dumb because you can obviously think and realize its a scam to gain your trust and scam you. But people cannot think like you most of the time. Thats why scams always exist in the first place.
    Every scam targets the youngsters... Thats why they exist in the first place. This scam you have described has been around for YEARS. It’s not a major scam because it’s still a drop game isn’t it? It’s not some kind of new scam that doesn’t involve dropping. As Long as a scam involves dropping, that isn’t considered major.

Scams like this are easily avoidable if players just don’t drop. When you said “major scam” it must mean something that is in foreseeable. Dropping in an unknown world... don’t tell me you didn’t expect to get scammed. Major scam mean something like the scam that involves players with chameleon, turning into a Magplant without their name being visible anywhere near. That’s major because anyone will think it’s a real magplant. One incident the magplants aren’t even anywhere near the edge of the world but the player’s name still isn’t visible.

TLDR; It’s just another form of drop game... Nothing major. Just don’t drop

- - - Updated - - -

Fast at banning isn’t an excuse to be mindless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MineDeath View Post
    Everyone deserves to be scammed at least once. From there, you’ll start being more vigilant and careful about everything that involves trust. Getting scammed is how you prevent getting scammed

Every scam targets the youngsters... Thats why they exist in the first place. This scam you have described has been around for YEARS. It’s not a major scam because it’s still a drop game isn’t it? It’s not some kind of new scam that doesn’t involve dropping. As Long as a scam involves dropping, that isn’t considered major.

Scams like this are easily avoidable if players just don’t drop. When you said “major scam” it must mean something that is in foreseeable. Dropping in an unknown world... don’t tell me you didn’t expect to get scammed. Major scam mean something like the scam that involves players with chameleon, turning into a Magplant without their name being visible anywhere near. That’s major because anyone will think it’s a real magplant. One incident the magplants aren’t even anywhere near the edge of the world but the player’s name still isn’t visible.

TLDR; It’s just another form of drop game... Nothing major. Just don’t drop

- - - Updated - - -

Fast at banning isn’t an excuse to be mindless.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone deserves to be scammed at least once. From there, you’ll start being more vigilant and careful about everything that involves trust. Getting scammed is how you prevent getting scammed
    As you said, scams target youngters, who cant really foresee, thats why this is a major scam for them and most of the community. [Since youngters cant really think how the owner is going to scam them once he leaves or gives him some free world locks(gaining his trust) they just cant. And i am just trying to make sure people knows about this. You said that this is around for years, yes ofcourse dropgames are around for years but this type of it is not really around for years and not many people know about it. Just trying to make people aware of it.

As you said, scams target youngters, who cant really foresee, thats why this is a major scam.
    You must be this dumb to think that dropping your whole net worth in a random world is an unforseeable scam. Not a major scam, has been around since 2014. Again, just another form of drop game. Just don’t drop and nothing will happen to you.

If you really still think this is a major scam, I feel sorry for you. This is probably your first time seeing a scam that is not the old fashion drop game. I suggest you to search for scam videos on YouTube so you’d realise how minor this scam even is. In fact, this isn’t even a scam if you’re allowing people to steal from you.

Just because a scam has 5% success rate, it doesn’t make it a major scam.

You must be this dumb to think that dropping your whole net worth in a random world is an unforseeable scam. Not a major scam, has been around since 2014. Again, just another form of drop game. Just don’t drop and nothing will happen to you.

If you really still think this is a major scam, I feel sorry for you. This is probably your first time seeing a scam that is not the old fashion drop game. I suggest you to search for scam videos on YouTube so you’d realise how minor this scam even is. In fact, this isn’t even a scam if you’re allowing people to steal from you.

Just because a scam has 5% success rate, it doesn’t make it a major scam.
    As i said before, kids cannot really foresee it, if you tell a kid to not do something, the kid becomes even more curious about it and tries it, as an example (Don't touch that vase! and the kid touches it and so on.)

I have been playing this game for like 4 years and i nearly know all the scam tricks, whats going on behind the scenes, (Guild key Scam,The fake social experiment scam and so on)

In this game, most people gets scammed when they trust somebody, and gaining a kids trust is easier than a grown person, and the biggest scams happen when somebody trusts someone.

And this is a dropgame that includes "trust" the kid ofcourse would trust to the owner since he is getting free world locks and couldnt figure out(foresee) what's going on. A grown person would most likely report the world and leave.

I just made this post out for some youngsters/(and of course for you guys to beaware) wandering out on the forums.

Since this is the most succesful scam(which has a setup) at the moment, i consider it major.
    Last edited by annesizpic; 10-26-2019 at 05:13 PM.

I just made this post out for some youngsters/(and of course for you guys to beaware) wandering out on the forums.

Since this is the most succesful scam(which has a setup) at the moment, i consider it major.
    Like I said, just don’t drop, problem solved. Not a major scam if it involves dropping. If you consider this much more major than that guild key scam then I don’t know what to say about that walnut. The guild key scam doesn’t even require any trust and you’re even use the trade system so you’d expect everything to be secure.

Let me remind you, this game is rated 12+ in the store. If anything, this is DEFINITELY not a major scam even the slightest. That’s like complaining about obscene videos on rated websites.

Like I said, just don’t drop, problem solved. Not a major scam if it involves dropping. If you consider this much more major than that guild key scam then I don’t know what to say about that walnut. The guild key scam doesn’t even require any trust and you’re even use the trade system so you’d expect everything to be secure.

Let me remind you, this game is rated 12+ in the store. If anything, this is DEFINITELY not a major scam even the slightest. That’s like complaining about obscene videos on rated websites.
    No, it's rated 7+

Kids are stupid, just because you know not to drop, all the 12 the year old kids don't have the brain to realize that it's an obvious scam.

No, it's rated 7+

Kids are stupid, just because you know not to drop, all the 12 the year old kids don't have the brain to realize that it's an obvious scam.
    It’s rated 12+ on the App Store. Kids aren’t stupid. They’re just not experienced. That’s why I said everyone deserves to get scammed at least once. Just because kids can’t spot scams, it doesn’t make it major.

If you still don’t get it, the point I’m trying to make here is this isn’t a “Major scam”. It’s just another drop game. If y’all still think kids are stupid then wouldn’t that make this thread redundant since kids can’t even understand the process just by reading?