Thread: R: Mentorship program in gt

Default R: Mentorship program in gt

Does anyone still remember it exists? Me neither. That's why I brought this up. Recently, I read that thread titled "Stop advertising growtopia until this...". Highly recommended by the way. One other way of solving this is using the mentorship program thing. Here's one problem though, no one uses it.
    First off, the mentorship program is to help the new players learn, so why the hell do we have to pay gems and buy the certificate to mentor new players. It doesn't make sense! The mentors aren't gaining from the situation, Ubisoft is, for gaining more players. Growtopia has dropped from 40k players average to 25k players this year.
    I think the mentorship program can be fixed by:
    1. The mentorship program should be removed from the store and made free but can only be accessed by players above level 50. Seriously though, who wants to mentor a new player who's not their friend FOR A PRICE.
    2. A world where new players go after the tutorial world to search for mentors. This is so so people who need guidance are easily found. Likewise people who want to help new players can go to the world to look for new players.
    3. At the end of a mentorship program, the new player has to answer a quiz to test their knowledge on the game. Likewise the mentor has a guidebook to make sure they've taught the new player everything they need to do before going solo.

Any thoughts? #hypeforhalloween
    I despise hyprocrites

IGN: Killer8dk
    Main world: Killer8dk

Working towards a bgl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Don't be cynical - you'll find life's a lot brighter.

Yes!

A world where players under lvl 3, and over lvl 75-80 can go find eachother.
    IGN: Ephus

- Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Actually Mentorship Certificate is not a big problem and 5000 gems is pretty cheap i think, just 3wls. The real problem is level 1-3, it's need to change to Level 1-15.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Wait when were there 40k people on this year?? I don't remember it
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

making this my sigpic cus im greedy and i want the 2 wls

This is an excellent idea. Also, I agree with GrowPixel, instead of making apprentices limited to people level 1-3 I think they should increase it to level 1-15, or at least level 1-10.
    I make low-quality content.

Most Recent video: (My videos aren't usually like this)

IGN: SeaAce
    Instagram: Spades.gt

Mentorship Ticket's price would be the least of the program's problems. However I have some additions to the second suggestion.

How the mentor/apprentice-hunting world should work is that there should be a system-automated board that gives a list of online mentors and apprentices, and as self-explanatory as it is, will help them look for the type of player they need. There should also be a separate icon for this program, along with notifications to inform them if there are available mentors/apprentices. (And of course, a Show Location and Show Mentor Notifications toggle.)

And another suggestion of mine: It's exceptionally reasonable to increase the maximum level for apprentices to be added by a mentor. With the random activities new players can stumble upon and accidentally level up before finding their very own instructor, and I couldn't emphasize this even more, level 3 is way too low. I suggest increasing the level to 7.
    IGN: PixelJr
    Guild: ANCIENTS
    Instagram: @iampixeljr
    Discord: PixelJr#7411
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

Join Secret Santa 2019! Click the image below.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelJr View Post
    EPIC!
    bump
    I despise hyprocrites

IGN: Killer8dk
    Main world: Killer8dk

Working towards a bgl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkos View Post
    Don't be cynical - you'll find life's a lot brighter.

The fundamental issue is it's based on level. You should be able to mentor in different activities. E.g. mentoring someone with under 20 surgeon skill. At 100 surgeon skill you get a reward. It would give meaning to mentoring people, as it stands now mentoring is just an attempt at making an invite your friend reward system.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Support my Dolphin Suit suggestion please:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Set&p=4137275