Thread: Trying to play on PC but I think I installed something bad.

Serf

Question Trying to play on PC but I think I installed something bad.

Guys I wanted to try Growtopia on PC, but since I downloaded so many stuffs thru the internet and some files. I'm afraid that there's a password stealer or save.dat stealer. Now my question is, If I use SECURE MY ACCOUNT option in my mobile phone. Is there any possible way a Hacker can still my password/account thru there PC or Phone?
    Last edited by Samthebb; 10-22-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Master Sorcerer

No, two-factor-verification uses your IP/Location, so even if a potential hacker knows your password, they can't login unless they fly to Indonesia, and are literally in the same house as you using your WiFi.

Best not to mention the word "private server" on these forums, it isn't legal.

Forenote: Next time you install a "potential virus" - go do it on a virtual machine would you.

Lesser Wizard

You should change your password immediately just in case something went wrong. Yeah, enable AAP. Before allowing access to AAP, please check the IP address you have with the IP address being sent, as you should receive the IP address in email.

Edit: it doesn't. Just know that if you are not/already logged in, you can ignore this email and change your password.
    Last edited by pannenkoek2012; 10-22-2019 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Apparently it doesn't

Serf

Quote Originally Posted by Lorddirt View Post
    No, two-factor-verification uses your IP/Location, so even if a potential hacker knows your password, they can't login unless they fly to Indonesia, and are literally in the same house as you using your WiFi.

Best not to mention the word "private server" on these forums, it isn't legal.

Forenote: Next time you install a "potential virus" - go do it on a virtual machine would you.
    I don't know about this, but it is possible that the hacker steals my IP address and uses it? IDK lol i just wanna know.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Samthebb View Post
    I don't know about this, but it is possible that the hacker steals my IP address and uses it? IDK lol i just wanna know.
    There is no such thing as "stealing an ip address". It simply doesn't exist.

Lesser Wizard

Default henlo

if you have virus like bad (that doesn't just steal your password but gives the hacker full access to your computer)

then aap won't do anything for you assuming that you sign into your email on the web browser.

but if its just a save.dat stealer or something of the sort, if you enable aap you will be able to see if they try to log in or not

and why would you download random things like jeez

Malwarebytes or superantispyware are my suggestions (to scan your computer with)

Run a antivirus scan, if it finds something, do a full reset of your PC.
    Ephus (Set #2 currently in use!)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ephusgrow/?hl

Rippppppppppppp
    🇮🇩Rimuoi

Play Growtopia Since August 2018 (actually 2016 but only 1month)

Instagram: @Rimuoi._

Signature copied from ephus