Thread: Silk/Sewing Updates

Post Silk/Sewing Updates

Hello.

As an in-game sewer and Silkworm farmer I know this subject isn't well known nor well remembered.

My idea is about a new Daily Challenge, a sewing challenge.

Just like in every other Daily Challenge, the players would have two hours to compete with each other.
    The player who has sewn the most items in the past two hours would win the challenge and the top 3 players would get an item, just like in every other Daily Challenge.
    Teaming with other people wouldn't be possible. Every Bolt the competitor adds in a Sewing Machine will get him points, for example 1 point per sewing IF the sewing successes, of course only for the player who added AND finished the sewing. If it doesn't success, the player will lose either the amount of points he'd get from the sewing or even more since mistakes are kinda rare.

I know that if you've sewn before and you're good at it, you most likely won't do many mistakes.
    As I've experienced, mistakes can ALWAYS happen, especially if we're talking about huge amounts of items to sew.

The color of the bolts the competitor would use shouldn't effect the amount of points the player gains from a sewing since getting the Bolts costs almost the same with every color. The only differences are Black Bolt (making it costs around 2 World Locks more than any other color) and White Bolt, which is the cheapest Bolt you can make (making it costs around 2 World Locks less than any other bolt).

I will explain you why I think the color of the Silk Bolt the player uses shouldn't effect the amount of points the player gains. For example if Black Bolt would give you +1 more points than from any other color, the items you need Black Bolt(s) to be sewn would be made ALOT. That would cause a massive price drop for all the Silk items that are made with a Black Bolt, especially with the items you need more than just one Black Bolt.
    The bolts that are not from Silkworms shouldn't have any effects in giving points. Otherwise the items that need for example a Wool Bolt would obviously be massed too much.
    I think this kind of challenge would increase Silkworm farming and sewing, which is now a days quite rare.

Sewing is fun, if you haven't tried it I highly recommend you to try it.

Thank you for reading,
    contact me if you have any thoughts of this idea.
    Last edited by PAWE79; 10-23-2019 at 01:47 PM.

And then watch every sewing item crash in price? I believe silkworms are already balanced as they are right now, and do not need interference. This challenge would basically be "WHO CAN SPEND 50DLS ON 1 CHALLENGE", a worse version of crystal crusher. Challenges should revolve around skill mainly, not the ability to buy the most resources. Sewing is a no brainer with no skill required, we do not need a challenge for that. I see where you are coming from, it indeed looks good in the vacuum, but the outcomes wouldn't satisfy anybody.
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

Sewing and smithing service!

Quote Originally Posted by ooopsi View Post
    And then watch every sewing item crash in price? I believe silkworms are already balanced as they are right now, and do not need interference. This challenge would basically be "WHO CAN SPEND 50DLS ON 1 CHALLENGE", a worse version of crystal crusher. Challenges should revolve around skill mainly, not the ability to buy the most resources. Sewing is a no brainer with no skill required, we do not need a challenge for that. I see where you are coming from, it indeed looks good in the vacuum, but the outcomes wouldn't satisfy anybody.
    As I already said, the color of the bolts wouldn't matter the points the competitor gains. Of course prices will drop, but it'd make sewing popular, which was the main point of all this.
    I'd not say this is worse than Crystal Crusher. Most of the items in Crystal Crusher are never worth to make. All Silk items aren't permanent and some of them rise during events, of course the most sensible people would think before wasting their Diamond Locks.
    I agree with you that there are things to retouch, but I could see something like this or similar added in Growtopia in the future.

Lesser Wizard

Everyone would spam wool scarfs. Also this daily challenge wouldn't require any skill as you just need to memorise and copy the recipe 2hrs would be cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Flise View Post
    Everyone would spam wool scarfs. Also this daily challenge wouldn't require any skill as you just need to memorise and copy the recipe 2hrs would be cancer
    Oh yeah, totally forgot to mention about Floral and Wool Bolts. I'll fix that later when I get home.
    Anyway, this is only an idea.

First of all you. This can be abuse. Second ever mistaken of stitch deduction of points. The harder stitch the more value points for it. I can't see why not a bad idea
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 48/125
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    First of all you. This can be abuse. Second ever mistaken of stitch deduction of points. The harder stitch the more value points for it. I can't see why not a bad idea
    No stitch is 'harder' than another. Straight Stitch is given to you, the rest are of equal chance to be given after any successful sewing. Choosing the wrong stitch is incredibly rare too (misclicks can happen, but more often than not people won't misclick).
    𝓢𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓡𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES Β¦ SELFDEPRIVED Β¦ FEARLISTENS Β¦ RIFT Β¦ PSYCHOVILLE Β¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Quote Originally Posted by PAWE79 View Post
    As I already said, the color of the bolts wouldn't matter the points the competitor gains. Of course prices will drop, but it'd make sewing popular, which was the main point of all this.
    I'd not say this is worse than Crystal Crusher. Most of the items in Crystal Crusher are never worth to make. All Silk items aren't permanent and some of them rise during events, of course the most sensible people would think before wasting their Diamond Locks.
    I agree with you that there are things to retouch, but I could see something like this or similar added in Growtopia in the future.
    This is my opinion but i think it wont make sewing popular. As the price drop people will stop sewing as they wont make any profit at all but infact lose their wls. Except some crazy rich players who just sew for fun which is a rare case.

Also the challenge require no skill at all. Just do a few sewing to unlock all stitch then buy tons of bolt and u can win.

IGN: R4Z
    v I Provide Service To Most Stuff In Game v

Bad idea.

Sewing isn't an activity like fishing or harmonising crystals. It's literally pressing the three same buttons for 2 hrs. Would that be fun to you?

I get it you farm silk and you want it to be more popular or whatever I do too but this is absolutely not the right way.
    IGN:EerieGt

Level:65

Discord: EerieGt#5836

Quote Originally Posted by R4Z View Post
    This is my opinion but i think it wont make sewing popular. As the price drop people will stop sewing as they wont make any profit at all but infact lose their wls. Except some crazy rich players who just sew for fun which is a rare case.

Also the challenge require no skill at all. Just do a few sewing to unlock all stitch then buy tons of bolt and u can win.
    There actually are only a couple items you can make profit with by sewing them (if you're a normal growtopian without 'pro' worlds).
    I guess this wouldn't really change the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by PAWE79 View Post
    There actually are only a couple items you can make profit with by sewing them (if you're a normal growtopian without 'pro' worlds).
    I guess this wouldn't really change the situation.
    I used to make cotd but selling them take forever

IGN: R4Z
    v I Provide Service To Most Stuff In Game v

I am against this idea.
    Unlike say surgerey sewing is already a guarenteed loss, so it'll be about who can spam the most dls (like the gross out, crystal crusher or pine dcs).
    People would also keep on sewing the same items, which would be VERY repetitive.
    So repetitive, that I fear people writing bots to spam wool scarfs.

Lesser Knight

Its Like Pay To Win. Why Challenges are not for newbies?