Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrible daily challenge (Kill most boss ghosts)

Default Horrible daily challenge (Kill most boss ghosts)

It might not be the case during different days, but it's hell during ghost day. You are unable to spawn a boss ghost via Dark spirit board and need to work with random people in random worlds which have spawned a boss ghost(cant be locked). It is so hard working with others as they will most likely just break your containment nodes, find ways to kill you and such so that you'll never get to actually fight the ghost effectively.

This really sucks, it's literally a daily challenge built on RNG to somehow find a boss world and somehow end up with either no annoying randoms or a good team of people working together fighting BOTH the ghost AND the group of randoms coming in to ruin your day.
    IGN: Demondoom
    Level: 71
    #FishTrainingJustice

Literally unplayable.
    IGN : Liquify

To be talkin' to you,belladonna

Master Sorcerer

I agree, very annoying. Have to wait like 5 minutes to check if no one else comes, signal jam the world and then attempt it.

this needs a change
    hi im snow how you doin?

it is spawnable using dsb

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

Quote Originally Posted by xKaizoku View Post
    it is spawnable using dsb
    Ah yes. We struggled with that too, as there can only be 1 active boss ghost/server it seems. We abandoned many worlds in hopes to be the one to spawn it first and that alone took us about 30 minutes.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Remove it Or revamp it
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 48/125
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

Lesser Wizard

Umm, our guild struggled with it as well, but still we were able to spawn like 4 ghosts during the 2 hours. (oh, and we had like 25 members active)

This has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    Ah yes. We struggled with that too, as there can only be 1 active boss ghost/server it seems. We abandoned many worlds in hopes to be the one to spawn it first and that alone took us about 30 minutes.
    The worlds you create are placed in the sub-server you last visited. Doing /go to random SBs is a good way to place yourself in a different sub-server. The 'random worlds' screen shows only the active worlds in your sub-server.
    IGN : HHH

Farms : 40
    Magplants : 15

Goals:
    Legendary Title : Not achieved
    Level 125 : Not achieved
    Doctor Title : Not achieved
    Bedrock Glitched World : MALPRACTICE (Fire Wand in Bedrock)

Hopefully they will change this system ASAP.

I mean why does ghost day even exist, I feel like it's too obsolete of a day to be relevant.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Support my Dolphin Suit suggestion please:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Set&p=4137275

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    I mean why does ghost day even exist, I feel like it's too obsolete of a day to be relevant.
    I agree, it shouldn't be made a daily challenge because of that.
    IGN: Ephus

- Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

In all honesty, why not change it to "catch (!) most ghosts"?
    That'd easily make it one of the better daily challenges in the game.
    The most prepared people would use 10-20 prepared ecto locked worlds (<=15wls per lock, resellable), while anyone could use public ghost hunting worlds or any self-owned haunted world.
    People would also start buying more platforms and jars, which would help poorer players that provide them.
    Caught ghosts could be resold or used in ssus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    Ghost day is like mosquito day.
    Not fun

Actually it was only one real guild challenge. In our guild 10-20 guild members tried to spawn Boss Ghosts in different worlds, one selected player defeat them. We won it together, i felt it. But as others said, Sub-server is a big problem.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

There are no really valid problems besides of the sub servers, it seems.

It is only obvious the richer person can use DSBs. Its just the servers that need to allow more ghosts to spawn.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Daily challenge winner here;
    As a personal/solo daily challenge, this is utterly terrible as it relies on others anyways to spawn them, that plus the issue of only one boss ghost allowed per subserver. Feels like playing a parkour based challenge except there is a queue to enter with unfair delays.
    As a guild one I must admit it was somewhat enjoyable with teamwork involved.

But sadly this is just one of those countless attempts to force the deserted boss ghost fight on us. First by making it a carnival ring quest requirement, then a ghost day of which it is impossible to rely on ghosts spawning in random worlds or worlds announced due to grief or "unwanted presence" leading to world bans. Now a challenge... If the fight itself was a bit more intense why not but it's literal afk.
    Catching ghost would be abused by people just using GIJS and catching them and repeat.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Daily challenge winner here;
    As a personal/solo daily challenge, this is utterly terrible as it relies on others anyways to spawn them, that plus the issue of only one boss ghost allowed per subserver. Feels like playing a parkour based challenge except there is a queue to enter with unfair delays.
    As a guild one I must admit it was somewhat enjoyable with teamwork involved.

But sadly this is just one of those countless attempts to force the deserted boss ghost fight on us. First by making it a carnival ring quest requirement, then a ghost day of which it is impossible to rely on ghosts spawning in random worlds or worlds announced due to grief or "unwanted presence" leading to world bans. Now a challenge... If the fight itself was a bit more intense why not but it's literal afk.
    Catching ghost would be abused by people just using GIJS and catching them and repeat.
    Popping up from my grave to throw this suggestion in here.

A ghost busting world similiar to what GEIGERHILLS is for geiger counting could be made. A ghost busting daily challenge would make sense with a world like this. Could be a part of a bigger update related to ghost hunting, different rewards other than gijs because ecto locks already provide gij farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni2 View Post
    Popping up from my grave to throw this suggestion in here.

A ghost busting world similiar to what GEIGERHILLS is for geiger counting could be made. A ghost busting daily challenge would make sense with a world like this. Could be a part of a bigger update related to ghost hunting, different rewards other than gijs because ecto locks already provide gij farming.
    If this idea could be worked on a bit it could be interesting. Though, the GEIGERHILLS challenges are quite difficult due to how busy the worlds can get - making it very difficult to keep your points up. Perhaps this could be solved by having a max. player amount/world though, perhaps at 5 to keep difficulty high but not exactly impossible.

I didn't mind this Daily Challenge too much though. I liked how the guild stuck together for most of it rather than it being a personal battle - the amount of teamwork needed was pretty fun (though a bit annoying spawning with dark spirit boards).

I definitely think the challenge could be improved, but I don't think it should get removed completely. Even just buffing it to where multiple boss ghosts can be in a server would be a huge step in the right direction.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Please just get rid of this challenge lol
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391

oh look we are fighting 2 boss ghost now in a world, one could destroy you and other one can destroy your mood

[jokes aside, okay despite I'm not doing the daily challenge but when i met a ghost boss world and yes, its unplayable since newb people will come and brutally asking for donations, wow i have an art imagination for this one]
    =IGN : Crausse=