Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Horrible daily challenge (Kill most boss ghosts)

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer DemondoomGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Not sure
    Posts
    4,475

    Default Horrible daily challenge (Kill most boss ghosts)

    It might not be the case during different days, but it's hell during ghost day. You are unable to spawn a boss ghost via Dark spirit board and need to work with random people in random worlds which have spawned a boss ghost(cant be locked). It is so hard working with others as they will most likely just break your containment nodes, find ways to kill you and such so that you'll never get to actually fight the ghost effectively.

    This really sucks, it's literally a daily challenge built on RNG to somehow find a boss world and somehow end up with either no annoying randoms or a good team of people working together fighting BOTH the ghost AND the group of randoms coming in to ruin your day.
    IGN: Demondoom
    Level: 71
    #FishTrainingJustice

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Liquify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    4,898

    Default

    Literally unplayable.
    IGN : Liquify

    To be talkin' to you,belladonna

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    974

    Default

    I agree, very annoying. Have to wait like 5 minutes to check if no one else comes, signal jam the world and then attempt it.

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard SnowBlizter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    494

    Default

    this needs a change
    hi im snow how you doin?

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer xKaizoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    it is spawnable using dsb


    Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Cloverlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xKaizoku View Post
    it is spawnable using dsb
    Ah yes. We struggled with that too, as there can only be 1 active boss ghost/server it seems. We abandoned many worlds in hopes to be the one to spawn it first and that alone took us about 30 minutes.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.


  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer TeachMeHow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    A Place Far Away
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Remove it Or revamp it
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 48/125
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

  8. #8
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Location Unknown
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Umm, our guild struggled with it as well, but still we were able to spawn like 4 ghosts during the 2 hours. (oh, and we had like 25 members active)

    This has to change.

  9. #9
    Lesser Wizard Oakum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Out of my mind.
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    Ah yes. We struggled with that too, as there can only be 1 active boss ghost/server it seems. We abandoned many worlds in hopes to be the one to spawn it first and that alone took us about 30 minutes.
    The worlds you create are placed in the sub-server you last visited. Doing /go to random SBs is a good way to place yourself in a different sub-server. The 'random worlds' screen shows only the active worlds in your sub-server.
    IGN : HHH

    Farms : 40
    Magplants : 15

    Goals:
    Legendary Title : Not achieved
    Level 125 : Not achieved
    Doctor Title : Not achieved
    Bedrock Glitched World : MALPRACTICE (Fire Wand in Bedrock)

  10. #10
    Peasant PAWE79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hopefully they will change this system ASAP.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Oldsock (IGN)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Sock Drawer
    Posts
    5,994

    Default

    I mean why does ghost day even exist, I feel like it's too obsolete of a day to be relevant.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

    Support my Dolphin Suit suggestion please:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Set&p=4137275

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer HugeLock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    I mean why does ghost day even exist, I feel like it's too obsolete of a day to be relevant.
    I agree, it shouldn't be made a daily challenge because of that.
    IGN: Ephus


    - Trilingual
    - Really experienced
    - Good humour
    - Friendly

    I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

    "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,863

    Default

    In all honesty, why not change it to "catch (!) most ghosts"?
    That'd easily make it one of the better daily challenges in the game.
    The most prepared people would use 10-20 prepared ecto locked worlds (<=15wls per lock, resellable), while anyone could use public ghost hunting worlds or any self-owned haunted world.
    People would also start buying more platforms and jars, which would help poorer players that provide them.
    Caught ghosts could be resold or used in ssus.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    I mean why does ghost day even exist, I feel like it's too obsolete of a day to be relevant.
    Ghost day is like mosquito day.
    Not fun

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer GrowPixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Gliese 581 d
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Actually it was only one real guild challenge. In our guild 10-20 guild members tried to spawn Boss Ghosts in different worlds, one selected player defeat them. We won it together, i felt it. But as others said, Sub-server is a big problem.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

    My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer Malware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    805

    Default

    There are no really valid problems besides of the sub servers, it seems.

    It is only obvious the richer person can use DSBs. Its just the servers that need to allow more ghosts to spawn.
    They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Nenkaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,402

    Default

    Daily challenge winner here;
    As a personal/solo daily challenge, this is utterly terrible as it relies on others anyways to spawn them, that plus the issue of only one boss ghost allowed per subserver. Feels like playing a parkour based challenge except there is a queue to enter with unfair delays.
    As a guild one I must admit it was somewhat enjoyable with teamwork involved.

    But sadly this is just one of those countless attempts to force the deserted boss ghost fight on us. First by making it a carnival ring quest requirement, then a ghost day of which it is impossible to rely on ghosts spawning in random worlds or worlds announced due to grief or "unwanted presence" leading to world bans. Now a challenge... If the fight itself was a bit more intense why not but it's literal afk.
    Catching ghost would be abused by people just using GIJS and catching them and repeat.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Daily challenge winner here;
    As a personal/solo daily challenge, this is utterly terrible as it relies on others anyways to spawn them, that plus the issue of only one boss ghost allowed per subserver. Feels like playing a parkour based challenge except there is a queue to enter with unfair delays.
    As a guild one I must admit it was somewhat enjoyable with teamwork involved.

    But sadly this is just one of those countless attempts to force the deserted boss ghost fight on us. First by making it a carnival ring quest requirement, then a ghost day of which it is impossible to rely on ghosts spawning in random worlds or worlds announced due to grief or "unwanted presence" leading to world bans. Now a challenge... If the fight itself was a bit more intense why not but it's literal afk.
    Catching ghost would be abused by people just using GIJS and catching them and repeat.
    Popping up from my grave to throw this suggestion in here.

    A ghost busting world similiar to what GEIGERHILLS is for geiger counting could be made. A ghost busting daily challenge would make sense with a world like this. Could be a part of a bigger update related to ghost hunting, different rewards other than gijs because ecto locks already provide gij farming.

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Cloverlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joni2 View Post
    Popping up from my grave to throw this suggestion in here.

    A ghost busting world similiar to what GEIGERHILLS is for geiger counting could be made. A ghost busting daily challenge would make sense with a world like this. Could be a part of a bigger update related to ghost hunting, different rewards other than gijs because ecto locks already provide gij farming.
    If this idea could be worked on a bit it could be interesting. Though, the GEIGERHILLS challenges are quite difficult due to how busy the worlds can get - making it very difficult to keep your points up. Perhaps this could be solved by having a max. player amount/world though, perhaps at 5 to keep difficulty high but not exactly impossible.

    I didn't mind this Daily Challenge too much though. I liked how the guild stuck together for most of it rather than it being a personal battle - the amount of teamwork needed was pretty fun (though a bit annoying spawning with dark spirit boards).

    I definitely think the challenge could be improved, but I don't think it should get removed completely. Even just buffing it to where multiple boss ghosts can be in a server would be a huge step in the right direction.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.


  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer Jisam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,480

    Default

    Please just get rid of this challenge lol
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer Ryuu Kaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    First Layer of Life
    Posts
    2,289

    Post


    oh look we are fighting 2 boss ghost now in a world, one could destroy you and other one can destroy your mood

    [jokes aside, okay despite I'm not doing the daily challenge but when i met a ghost boss world and yes, its unplayable since newb people will come and brutally asking for donations, wow i have an art imagination for this one]
    =IGN : Crausse=

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •