Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOTD Picks

Default WOTD Picks

As much as I tried to ignore this, at this point it's just IMPOSSIBLE.

Tell me how and why did these worlds get picked? There are many other HORRENDOUSLY bad worlds that got WOTD, and it's a GIANT disgrace to world creators that genuinely put effort into their worlds; especially the WOTD picker's lack of devotion in picking worlds properly, with zero communication, not picking THE BEST submitted world, and instead just picking a random submission that can be literally anything. I'm not biased, dozens of creators 100% agree with her lack of competence in WOTD picking. WOTDs are not something that should be thrown around effortlessly; and they're being thrown around effortlessly RIGHT NOW. They do not build, they do not understand what is a "good" world, so why, why are they the WOTD picker? This seriously has to end.

An example of two good worlds that are getting ignored for a LONG TIME without a SPECIFIED REASON:

At some point the WOTD picker didn't pick WOTDs for around 4 days after each WOTD, people even begun a meme "World of the 4 days" because of it (I even had to get in contact with a moderator to DIRECTLY tell the WOTD picker about people's complaints, and only after that they begun picking them properly again).
    Last edited by 2ego; 10-27-2019 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Added some more things to enforce my points

Quote Originally Posted by 2ego View Post

Tell me how and why did these worlds get picked? There are many other HORRENDOUSLY bad worlds that got WOTD, and it's a GIANT disgrace to world creators that genuinely put effort into their worlds; especially Neko's lack of devotion in picking worlds properly, with zero communication, not picking THE BEST submitted world, and instead just picking a random submission that can be literally anything. I'm not biased, dozens of creators 100% agree with her lack of competence in WOTD picking. WOTDs are not something that should be thrown around effortlessly; and they're being thrown around effortlessly RIGHT NOW. She does not build, she does not understand what is a "good" world, so why, why is she the WOTD picker? This seriously has to end.
    based on these examples id have to agree to only pick 1 good world out of 3 is pretty bad
    IGN-Meer6898
    Level-62
    Worlds owned-MEER6898 GOLDKORSC1
    Supporter-yes
    Recycler-yes
    Time Played-1594 hours
    Account created-2173 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Meer6898 View Post
    based on these examples id have to agree to only pick 1 good world out of 3 is pretty bad
    That wasn't an example of a "good" world, it's a bad world too; did you not see? Nearly the entire thing is empty, the creator was lazy and couldn't fill it up properly.

That wasn't an example of a "good" world, it's a bad world too; did you not see? Nearly the entire thing is empty, the creator was lazy and couldn't fill it up properly.
    a wotd doesnt need to be filled up with blocks it just has to look nice quality not quantity also no one really cares about the wotd anyways
    IGN-Meer6898
    Level-62
    Worlds owned-MEER6898 GOLDKORSC1
    Supporter-yes
    Recycler-yes
    Time Played-1594 hours
    Account created-2173 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Meer6898 View Post
    a wotd doesnt need to be filled up with blocks it just has to look nice quality not quantity also no one really cares about the wotd anyways
    A WOTD has to be a nice world; unfinished worlds are not supposed to be even eligible to win. YOU don't care about WOTDs, people put tens of hours into worlds trying to win, so don't assume no one cares just because you don't; you're just acting incredibly disrespectfully.

wow thanks for free advertising

(i thought mysteryremains or some other of my worlds would have higher winning chances* tbh)

Note: Grass were done halfway due to the update that brought us pineapple guardian, man that world was ages ago, like a few weeks after cave blast was out)
    Last edited by Noxagon; 10-27-2019 at 03:48 AM.
    may my demise be a promise to you.

Added some more stuff to enforce my points, hoping now it's more convincing for those that weren't aware of the situation.

ABANDONEDCASTLE is actually pretty decent.
    It's nice.

By the way, your thread is violating the rules...

I got bored of seeing such worlds as WOTD, to be honest. It's been the easiest way to get WOTD;

1. Make One big pixel art
    2. Make Parkour
    3. Make Story
    4. Fullfil everywhere with blocks and empty spaces with death spikes

That's the summary of all WOTDS since beginning, I believe it's time for people with creative minds to shine. I hope they stop picking parkour worlds and look for some creative worlds one day.
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeosi View Post
    ABANDONEDCASTLE is actually pretty decent.
    It's nice.

By the way, your thread is violating the rules...
    Yes, it is the best out of the three. However, it is unfinished, you can see that the creator got lazy at the end and did not make it as "juicy" as initially intended. Also, could you point out the rule it violates? I was sure it did not violate anything when I made the thread.

Yes, it is the best out of the three. However, it is unfinished, you can see that the creator got lazy at the end and did not make it as "juicy" as initially intended. Also, could you point out the rule it violates? I was sure it did not violate anything when I made the thread.
    Singling out.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Abandoned is cool world too

Don't forget join secret santa 2019 here:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ret-Santa-2019
    Probably u can't click this!

Instagram: Rimuoi._
    Discord: * Asagiri Rim *#1725

Tell me how and why did these worlds get picked? There are many other HORRENDOUSLY bad worlds that got WOTD, and it's a GIANT disgrace to world creators that genuinely put effort into their worlds; especially the WOTD picker's lack of devotion in picking worlds properly, with zero communication, not picking THE BEST submitted world, and instead just picking a random submission that can be literally anything. I'm not biased, dozens of creators 100% agree with her lack of competence in WOTD picking. WOTDs are not something that should be thrown around effortlessly; and they're being thrown around effortlessly RIGHT NOW. They do not build, they do not understand what is a "good" world, so why, why are they the WOTD picker? This seriously has to end.

An example of two good worlds that are getting ignored for a LONG TIME without a SPECIFIED REASON:

At some point the WOTD picker didn't pick WOTDs for around 4 days after each WOTD, people even begun a meme "World of the 4 days" because of it (I even had to get in contact with a moderator to DIRECTLY tell the WOTD picker about people's complaints, and only after that they begun picking them properly again).
    I can hear voices while reading these.

Also, could you point out the rule it violates? I was sure it did not violate anything when I made the thread.
    You are singling out a mod in you title which violates the rule. I think you haven't read the Growtopian Code. no hard feelings
    A U T O P H I L E
    - A person who loves solitude, being alone.

Wait how can you tell it wasn't as "juicy" as intended?
    may my demise be a promise to you.

Banned

they probably used auto-pick generator for the last 3 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxagon View Post
    Wait how can you tell it wasn't as "juicy" as intended?
    You could call it a "creator's intuition," and that's because of the top left side.

Master Sorcerer

trust me though, rnox knows what he's doing with his minimalistic style of building. I've tested many of his (well, ones built years ago that is, just hope that quality still retains)
    and to be honest, from all of these renders I'd choose none of them (though ABANDONEDCASTLE does look good, it's just hedges are overused as hell). I took a look at the WOTD (and the Halloween contest thread) and saw countless better worlds among the nominated.

Yours could improve though, and I truly hope they do since it seems not really many actually care about WOTDs except builders themselves.
    Welp, just my two cents, not that I'm any good at building but still.
    I crave for attention so don't give me any

goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

You singled out a moderator and the people who made the wotds
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

making this my sigpic cus im greedy and i want the 2 wls

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    You singled out a moderator and the people who made the wotds
    It does not count as "singling out" if it's absolutely necessary, and revolves around PLAYERS. There is only ONE WOTD picker, therefore not singling out is OBJECTIVELY impossible. Rules are important and must be followed strictly, however, right now - you are not following the unwritten rule "common sense."

It does not count as "singling out" if it's absolutely necessary, and revolves around PLAYERS. There is only ONE WOTD picker, therefore not singling out is OBJECTIVELY impossible. Rules are important and must be followed strictly, however, right now - you are not following the unwritten rule "common sense."
    I'm sorry? It is not impossible to point out that specific world of the day picks were not worthy of their wins without having the names of the owners on the pictures. It is not hard to crop out the name of the world and the owner of the world. Any form of mentioning a person's name without their permission is classified as singling out. Stop trying to talk like you know what you're talking about. You obviously do not.
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

making this my sigpic cus im greedy and i want the 2 wls