View Poll Results: Lottery Yes or No.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think this is a good idea.

    5 33.33%
  • No, I am against this idea.

    10 66.67%
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: LOTTERY!

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer IUnify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    in gt more than i should be :D
    Posts
    1,043

    Default LOTTERY!

    Hey fellow growtopians and forumers. This has been an idea in my mind for a very long time. We all know in real life there are always big lotteries and only 1 winner. I have come here to suggest a good plan in order to get some of the overage of gems out of Growtopia. The lottery would be held each day at around 12pm gt time. All you have to do to play is do /lottery to check stats on the lottery and /lottery10000 to buy your lottery ticket for 10k gems. You can enter as many times as you like to make your chances higher. Only 1/2 the gems you spend go into the pot while the other 1/2 goes straight to Growtopia. This gets rid of a lot of gems while allowing some players to gain a lot of gems in a fun way.

    PLEASE let me know in the poll above if you think this is a good idea or not.
    My Way:

    Be Kind
    Be Humble
    Be Wise

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Yell0wTail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Drowning... oh wait..
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Another pay to win method? Imagine the richer growtopians spending millions of gems while the majority of growtopians can barely scrape together 10,000 gems (They would most likely spend it on wls/packs, rather than gambling it all away)


    This could be implemented if everyone is fine with spending gems and won't complain, but limit it to one ticket per person, or else, as mentioned above, pros will take advantage of the situation.
    Goals

    Level 103/125

    If you want to get in touch:


    Need fire hydrants ?
    Go to BUYHYDRANTS ^_^

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard 2ego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Yeah...no. In every way this is just gambling; direct without clouds gambling; unlike other gambling methods such as surgery.

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer IUnify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    in gt more than i should be :D
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yell0wTail View Post
    Another pay to win method? Imagine the richer growtopians spending millions of gems while the majority of growtopians can barely scrape together 10,000 gems (They would most likely spend it on wls/packs, rather than gambling it all away)


    This could be implemented if everyone is fine with spending gems and won't complain, but limit it to one ticket per person, or else, as mentioned above, pros will take advantage of the situation.
    Then like you said we can set limits to how many tickets you can buy a day. Like maxing it out at 100k gems/day to make it more fair on players who can't afford gems like higher up players can.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 2ego View Post
    Yeah...no. In every way this is just gambling; direct without clouds gambling; unlike other gambling methods such as surgery.
    Yes, it is like gambling but this would be a well regulated thing unlike casinos that are illegally ran. Also like you said surgery and things along those lines are in a way gambling themselves so I don't see the main reason why not to implement this idea.
    My Way:

    Be Kind
    Be Humble
    Be Wise

  5. #5
    Lesser Wizard 2ego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IUnify View Post
    Then like you said we can set limits to how many tickets you can buy a day. Like maxing it out at 100k gems/day to make it more fair on players who can't afford gems like higher up players can.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes, it is like gambling but this would be a well regulated thing unlike casinos that are illegally ran. Also like you said surgery and things along those lines are in a way gambling themselves so I don't see the main reason why not to implement this idea.
    Because this is directly GAMBLING, without any covers like surgery. Gambling was not necessarily removed because it was "frequent scamming," it was removed because it was quickly becoming all about literal CASINOS.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Rimuoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Indonesia duh
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    For me this not really good


    Don't forget join secret santa 2019 here:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ret-Santa-2019
    Probably u can't click this!



    Instagram: Rimuoi._
    Discord: * Asagiri Rim *#1725

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Meer6898's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I Dont Know
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IUnify View Post
    Hey fellow growtopians and forumers. This has been an idea in my mind for a very long time. We all know in real life there are always big lotteries and only 1 winner. I have come here to suggest a good plan in order to get some of the overage of gems out of Growtopia. The lottery would be held each day at around 12pm gt time. All you have to do to play is do /lottery to check stats on the lottery and /lottery10000 to buy your lottery ticket for 10k gems. You can enter as many times as you like to make your chances higher. Only 1/2 the gems you spend go into the pot while the other 1/2 goes straight to Growtopia. This gets rid of a lot of gems while allowing some players to gain a lot of gems in a fun way.

    PLEASE let me know in the poll above if you think this is a good idea or not.
    ubisoft is against gambling
    IGN-Meer6898
    Level-62
    Worlds owned-MEER6898 GOLDKORSC1
    Supporter-yes
    Recycler-yes
    Time Played-1594 hours
    Account created-2173 days ago

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Felixcesar15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    9th Dimension
    Posts
    631

    Default

    semi-agree,so random people can get rich easilyi also suggest that all gems spended by players will be the prize (one player means more 1k gems to the prize)
    I don't have ideas to what to put on my signature, So here's a text meme


  9. #9
    Knight Morgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Sounds more like you just want another way to gamble. The game has plenty of fun ways to waste gems. This will just encourage more people to auto break for gems....

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer MineDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Malaysia
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IUnify View Post
    Hey fellow growtopians and forumers. This has been an idea in my mind for a very long time. We all know in real life there are always big lotteries and only 1 winner. I have come here to suggest a good plan in order to get some of the overage of gems out of Growtopia. The lottery would be held each day at around 12pm gt time. All you have to do to play is do /lottery to check stats on the lottery and /lottery10000 to buy your lottery ticket for 10k gems. You can enter as many times as you like to make your chances higher. Only 1/2 the gems you spend go into the pot while the other 1/2 goes straight to Growtopia. This gets rid of a lot of gems while allowing some players to gain a lot of gems in a fun way.

    PLEASE let me know in the poll above if you think this is a good idea or not.
    Sorry to break it to you bruh, but this classified as gambling which as we all know based on the growtopian code is 100 percent illegal, just like casinos and stuff. Basically anything that involving paying for a chance to win is very much against the growtopian code.

    Also if they did make this an actual thing, then there would be no problem with casinos and it would eventually bring upon a major catastrophe and conflict in between players.

    So yea, not the best idea.
    IGN - MineDeath
    If Anything is possible, then it's possible for it to be impossible for anything to be possible! .
    Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Deftera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The Getsuyo Shrine
    Posts
    3,359

    Default

    Illegal as hell
    Hell reserves a special place for people who break the code of "No gambling"
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and weeb
    Latest Youtube Video:


    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I have a heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Do you love dragons with your brain?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •