Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween Week + Chat Update (Mobile & PC)

The buttons for the chat are unnecessarily large. Their height should be close to the actual text and the icons should be smaller. They block up too much text and just look odd.

Additionally, make the chat fill the entirety of the screen horizontally like it used to. Having unused space either side of the chat looks weird; more space for actual chat = better.
    32 WOTDs
    3 Competitions placed in.

Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

Quote Originally Posted by EerieGt View Post
    THERES NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THAT WHITE BAR THING IT BELONGS TO HELL
    THEY BELONG TO THE DARKEST, DEEPEST PITS OF HELL!

I really hate it, it covers up the whole screen making me unable to see myself. Im okay withh the new chat system but this white thing turns me off
    I dont live in darkness, darkness lives in me.
    Becareful who you trust, the devil was once an angel.
    Depression is living in a body that fights to survive with a mind that tries to die.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JimIzPro View Post
    It doesn't need to benefit the game because it's just a new UI
    A terrible UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post

5th, the white bar that appears on the top of the keyboard, thats another thing that takes up my space, its hard to do something with that. (I may get used to it but i barely have space to look on my surroundings.)
    This. White. Horrible. Line. Needs. To. Be. Removed!
    Depression is living in a body that fights to survive with a mind that tries to die.

Master Sorcerer

I am on android, and i cant press backspace when i type, preventing me from typing new world names and dropping item in to the maw... I LITERALLY CANT DO ANYTHING..

The new UI messed up everything.. Smh gt smh..
    World Locks are not what make us pro. Is frienndness that make us what we are.

ADD ME ON INSTAGRAM: Exoskies.GT
    I will add you back

Stats:
    1.Level:68
    2.Token: 162/200

new chat UI makes the game look like a kids game
    and pls change the guildcast/friendcast back to BLUE because GREEN is a NO NO

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    The buttons for the chat are unnecessarily large. Their height should be close to the actual text and the icons should be smaller. They block up too much text and just look odd.

Additionally, make the chat fill the entirety of the screen horizontally like it used to. Having unused space either side of the chat looks weird; more space for actual chat = better.
    IMO move the chat buttons to the left side of the chat box.

Also the people complaining about the white bar... It's kind of useful imo.

---

My Halloween opinions so far: sucks a lot that there aren't new Doompunk items.

I think that the new system for Halloween wasn't properly advertised in /news; that is - not all Growganoth items would be obtainable until a certain souls threshold was reached - similar to Winterfest. Note, I also don't like this new system, I think the parkour world is a nice addition to get a few items not found in Growganoth, but items obtainable from the Maw should NOT be locked behind a soul-wall. It works in Winterfest because the event goes for 2 weeks, but let's leave what makes Winterfest what it is unique! Especially given Winterfest and Halloween occur around the same time of the year.

The difference to Winterfest is we don't know how many tiers for items there are and what those tiers will be. You really should make a world similar to GROWCH, that displays all the items available when they are unlocked.

I'm getting a bit tired of event features lacking information.
    Last edited by Oldsock (IGN); 10-28-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Quote Originally Posted by Vandaler View Post
    A terrible UI.
    Indeed. It could've looked good but they just made it look more messier. I like the old concept Starkos released before more, however it affects chat colors.
    V I J U T I M E

Overoll, I love the new chat system but there is one exact thing that is bugging me lately. It is the white writing space, located above the keyboard; I can't even clearly look at the people whom I am chatting with it for it is blocking a big view.

Might suggest to remove it since it is totally unecesarry for it to be there since the old style of the writing were just in the system screen and not above the keyboard.

Again, this is just a suggestion. This may also concern others.
    Hey there folks, come and join us in our very special Secret Santa 2019 ⛄

By clicking this link❄
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ret-Santa-2019

IGN: Kaito
    World: KAITO
    Instagram: @kaitonatics

Idk if this is related but the Left & Right button on the IPhone XS Max should be shifted to the right more and resized abit smaller. The Left button is far left that I need to bend my thumb uncomfortably to tap it. The Jump and Punch button could be resized abit bigger too

Chat is still very choppy. I was gonna wait until the new GUI was released thinking it’s gonna get fixed but noooo. Please fix the choppiness, it’s been more than a year already...

The new chat update is... meh. I really dont like it because of how large the buttons are and the white box above the keyboard is huge aswell.
    One thing I noticed (offtopic) is that they FINALLY fixed the game resolution problem on Samsung phones. It actually runs on full res instead of 75%. It looks so much sharper now because of it.
    Level 43/50
    Main world: ALRGEM
    IGN:Romia
    New IG Account: @romia_gt

Super inactive ingame. Don't expect to see me online. LOL

Thank you for restarting the server in the middle of a DAILY CHALLENGE.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69
    Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Thumbs up Ill take that back, ty

I initially wanted to give a full review, but I don't think that's necessary.
    There's a few things I did notice:
    - The chat group buttons are very large and could probably be made 20% smaller
    - The new textbox above the keyboard on mobile is really nice (sadly mobile only), but it tends to hide certain buttons from dialog windows
    - Unlike /msg /r counts as a system message, not a private message
    - The /gc command doesn't work. No one receives the message
    - The /gc command has a 1 minute cooldown, which has been made obsolete with this update if you ask me. Why not add a seperate group for it? That'd make guilds a lot more social
    - writing /msg <player> to check if hes online also counts as a system message
    - Writing multiple rows at once causes the game to freeze for a second (reproduceable by writing /status, or picking up multiple things at once)
    - The text on the chat bubbles on pc is blurry (see pic for reference)

Name:  2019-10-28 19_02_39-Growtopia.png
Views: 152
Size:  70.7 KB
    Last edited by DeLixx; 10-30-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Adding onto what I said above:

- toggle option for the buttons
    - make it so that whatever chat we were on is saved when we move worlds (I like to sit on custom and dislike having to constantly click on the large button every time)
    - messages are inconsistent: System messages (such that of the render world) is in the old formatName:  systemmessage.PNG
Views: 140
Size:  73.6 KB
    - short text messages show in the colour `$ whereas longer keep the `6 (I prefer `$ since it is much easier to distinguish from the constant use of `6 in system text).
    Name:  textmishap.PNG
Views: 140
Size:  14.8 KB
    32 WOTDs
    3 Competitions placed in.

Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

Everything about the new chat is awful. If it ain't broke, why try to fix it?

• The tabs take up way too much space for something I'm likely never going to use (ideally, they should look like browser tabs; taking up only around 1 line of text of space with a small icon and name. The option to filter chat is nice I suppose, but as it is right now just seems obnoxious).
    • The new colours are jarring (why change them when they've already been well-established for 6 years now?).
    • The gap at the left side of the screen also looks bad, it looked better when the chat actually touched the side of the screen IMO.
    • The weird brackets at the sides look messy and redundant (I don't need a [W] to tell me that text is coming from a player, the player's name already tells me that. I guess it's handy for differenciating between system messages and broadcasts, but it doesn't need to be there for everything).
    • /me has been removed for no apparent reason.
    • Typing "/bc", "/cb", or "/sb" on its own no longer tells you the price. If this is intentional, then why?
    • The new character limit is too strict. Whereas before I could type the whole line and actually be able to type a full sentence at once, I now have to split my sentences into multiple parts. For a fast typer, this just makes the existing "Spam Detected" even more of a problem than it was before. There should also at least be some sort of indication as to where the character limit ends.

These are just the things I could notice when I briefly logged in earlier, so I'm sure there's other issues I haven't noticed. Personally, I'd love if we were at least given an option to use the old chat, if something like that is even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    Dyn has been here for so long I feel that he's a lich or something.

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Current avatar by Electrolava6, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyChase View Post
    Overoll, I love the new chat system but there is one exact thing that is bugging me lately. It is the white writing space, located above the keyboard; I can't even clearly look at the people whom I am chatting with it for it is blocking a big view.

Might suggest to remove it since it is totally unecesarry for it to be there since the old style of the writing were just in the system screen and not above the keyboard.

Again, this is just a suggestion. This may also concern others.
    THIS NEEDS TO BE REMOVED!!! MY OCD!!!

I am loving the chat update!

The Custom Option is very useful (as I assumed from the original teaser), and the new Chat Tags are a great way to combat fake SBs/"mod messages".

I also agree that there are bugs that should be fixed; chat box sizing, overall consistency, blurriness(for me on PC), etc, but the update is a step in the right direction.

Default The new chat system is terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayame View Post
    Attachment 226307

Hello Growtopians,

Halloween Week is back in all its glory, including a new event, the Tomb of Growganoth! The long awaited Chat Update is now available for you as well. Read the full announcement here!

Please let us know how you like this update, we're eagerly awaiting your feedback
    I really find that the new change in chat is really bad, it's much harder to read, write, everything... TERRIBLE...

Although the new chat system is alright (typing on mobile devices has been made somewhat easier) I still prefer the older system.

IGN: Tlaloc1
    Level: 93
    800,000 gems / 1,000,000
    Steam
    Switch Friend Code - SW-7893-5905-4585