Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: The new chat is worse than ever

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer ooopsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I don't think so
    Posts
    1,213

    Default The new chat is worse than ever

    No offence to ubisoft, we've had a chat gui for so long, then you made it buggy whenever scrolling, it was usable though. I didn't expect it to get any worse, but it did. The old chat GUI had something special, its simplicity. We don't need these pale colours and multi tabs, and in fact, those ruin it. We got so used to the old chat, I can't tell whether someone is messaging me or it is a super broadcast or just normal chat. Was the change really necessary? If you're going to put effort into something, playtest it first, and ask a sample of experienced players to try it.
    You don't have to slam everything right into the game, and you surely don't have to spend hours on designing something you know everyone will hate. If you don't want to waste your efforts, go on and improve the new chat GUI. But for goodness sake, give us the option to use the old GUI. It just is much better and clearer.
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."


    Sewing and smithing service!

  2. #2
    Serf roypadX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    LEB
    Posts
    2

    Default Hmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by ooopsi View Post
    No offence to ubisoft, we've had a chat gui for so long, then you made it buggy whenever scrolling, it was usable though. I didn't expect it to get any worse, but it did. The old chat GUI had something special, its simplicity. We don't need these pale colours and multi tabs, and in fact, those ruin it. We got so used to the old chat, I can't tell whether someone is messaging me or it is a super broadcast or just normal chat. Was the change really necessary? If you're going to put effort into something, playtest it first, and ask a sample of experienced players to try it.
    You don't have to slam everything right into the game, and you surely don't have to spend hours on designing something you know everyone will hate. If you don't want to waste your efforts, go on and improve the new chat GUI. But for goodness sake, give us the option to use the old GUI. It just is much better and clearer.
    i think we should have a old chat system + new system , and player can choose between them

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Alimanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooopsi View Post
    You don't have to slam everything right into the game, and you surely don't have to spend hours on designing something you know everyone will hate.
    You can't just say ubisoft knew everyone was gonna hate it. They got an idea and implemented into the game for the sole purpose of trying to make things easier for the players. Sure you don't like it and others may as well but you either suck it up or complain enough so that they do something about it. You choose.
    IGN: oblisstified

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer ooopsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I don't think so
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alimanz View Post
    You can't just say ubisoft knew everyone was gonna hate it. They got an idea and implemented into the game for the sole purpose of trying to make things easier for the players. Sure you don't like it and others may as well but you either suck it up or complain enough so that they do something about it. You choose.
    They gave us a preview few months ago and people complained about that. I'm speaking on behalf of almost everyone, not just myself. Well, try to get me someone who likes this chat GUI and doesn't see how flawed it is.
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."


    Sewing and smithing service!

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Alimanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooopsi View Post
    They gave us a preview few months ago and people complained about that. I'm speaking on behalf of almost everyone, not just myself. Well, try to get me someone who likes this chat GUI and doesn't see how flawed it is.
    Check the poll for "do you like the new chat" or something like that. Notice that it ain't 100% of "no, change it back"
    IGN: oblisstified

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Noobified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    at POWFARTSV2
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roypadX View Post
    i think we should have a old chat system + new system , and player can choose between them
    yes this is the best idea for everyone because then people can choose between the new and old one
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimanz View Post
    You can't just say ubisoft knew everyone was gonna hate it. They got an idea and implemented into the game for the sole purpose of trying to make things easier for the players. Sure you don't like it and others may as well but you either suck it up or complain enough so that they do something about it. You choose.
    yes I agree I like it
    Quote Originally Posted by ooopsi View Post
    They gave us a preview few months ago and people complained about that. I'm speaking on behalf of almost everyone, not just myself. Well, try to get me someone who likes this chat GUI and doesn't see how flawed it is.
    I like it what are you talking about
    see the first quote it is the best
    Last edited by Noobified; 10-28-2019 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Typo
    ign:Noobified
    instagram:https://www.instagram.com/noobifiedgt/
    Discord: Noobified#7916

    Goals:
    Rayman’s Fist : 107/3500 wls
    Focused eyes: 9/100 Growtokens

    visit powfartsv2 for stuff
    got scammed 8dls

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    I want tilt controls on my text GUI.

    But seriously, I cannot imagine why anyone thought that would be a well-received change.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    I speak when I need to. Don’t count me out yet!

    Contact Info:

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer DynPlaysGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ireland  Nationality:   Polish
    Posts
    13,920

    Default

    I'm just gonna quote what I said in the feedback thread because I feel like it's very relevant here:
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    Everything about the new chat is awful. If it ain't broke, why try to fix it?

    • The tabs take up way too much space for something I'm likely never going to use (ideally, they should look like browser tabs; taking up only around 1 line of text of space with a small icon and name. The option to filter chat is nice I suppose, but as it is right now just seems obnoxious).
    • The new colours are jarring (why change them when they've already been well-established for 6 years now?).
    • The gap at the left side of the screen also looks bad, it looked better when the chat actually touched the side of the screen IMO.
    • The weird brackets at the sides look messy and redundant (I don't need a [W] to tell me that text is coming from a player, the player's name already tells me that. I guess it's handy for differenciating between system messages and broadcasts, but it doesn't need to be there for everything).
    • /me has been removed for no apparent reason.
    • Typing "/bc", "/cb", or "/sb" on its own no longer tells you the price. If this is intentional, then why?
    • The new character limit is too strict. Whereas before I could type the whole line and actually be able to type a full sentence at once, I now have to split my sentences into multiple parts. For a fast typer, this just makes the existing "Spam Detected" even more of a problem than it was before. There should also at least be some sort of indication as to where the character limit ends.

    These are just the things I could notice when I briefly logged in earlier, so I'm sure there's other issues I haven't noticed. Personally, I'd love if we were at least given an option to use the old chat, if something like that is even possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by hunt2man View Post
    Dyn has been here for so long I feel that he's a lich or something.

    oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

    Current avatar by Electrolava6, thank you!

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer ooopsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I don't think so
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    I'm just gonna quote what I said in the feedback thread because I feel like it's very relevant here:
    Very well spoken, guess this will go buried with rest of constructive criticism. You know ubisoft
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."


    Sewing and smithing service!

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer ooopsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I don't think so
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."


    Sewing and smithing service!

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    no have
    Posts
    566

    Default henlo

    the new chat update is bad
    it just looks bad
    the buttons are annoying and I have to scroll chat down or I cant read it because even though the buttons aren't there it cuts off the chat
    also it doesn't stretch to the left side of the screen anymore
    what was the like real definite purpose that they had to revamp it ?

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Meraak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    here
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Yeah its terrible
    Probably the worst part about it is: on mobile you cant type before the stupid white bar shows up, and for some reason every time you type anything it takes longer and longer for it to show up. So after like 100 messages you have to literally wait like 1.5 seconds to even start typing each time which is just unacceptable
    hi all
    Youtube lol (please click)

    Increasing this number by 1 every day until the music block lagspike glitch is fixed: 14

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •