Thread: [Merged] Pet overriding issue

Default [Merged] Pet overriding issue

Can we at least get a word from the devs on this. It has been pretty long since the problem appeared and it just needs to be reverted to how it was for 6 years.
    It can't stay that way, there are way too many items that their use has been lost with the current situation.

For people that still don't know what this is about. Neck pets are overriding all other slots and I think the priority order has completely been changed. Leaving items such as the eye of Growganoth or the spiritual resonator "robbed" of their original cause. To haunt your other pets giving them attack animations.

Even if you have it low on your to fix list just confirm you are looking into it.
    Last edited by EerieGt; 10-29-2019 at 08:02 PM.
    IGN:EerieGt

Level:65

Discord: EerieGt#5836

Bump looking for an answer
    IGN:EerieGt

Level:65

Discord: EerieGt#5836

Squire

Default Why?

Why do Neck/Head-based Pets and items override everything else? No matter what order you put on the items, the neck item will override everything else. Why is this still being ignored and why was this changed? Nobody asked for this and it's so annoying, I just want my Frog.
    Demons?
    What Demons?

Squire

Angry

Bumppppppp Stop ignoring this!!!!
    Demons?
    What Demons?

Super Moderator

My Beard weeps at this update. I haven't been able to use my owl since they changed it.

I have been informed that the development team is looking into it though. We should see an update in the future.
    Edit: Well, there's an update below.
    Welcome to the RTSoft Forums! Here's a quick overview of how the forums here work:

Help end the epidemic of giant signatures! Learn how to Spoiler Tag today!
    Join Secret Santa 2019!

Hey EerieGt,

We're aware of this behavior, as this has been reported for 3 years, roughly. But this is not a bug, and there was no intentional change on our side to this, let me explain. Some items don't follow the same rules and will override the pet slot based on whichever pet is first in the code. If you can provide us with a list of items that you think don't work properly and give us the steps to reproduce, we'll look into this though for sure.

Please also be aware to post in the proper forum section, we are reading them all, but we want a tidy place too

~ Baskerville

Master Sorcerer Boppi Von Finkledorf's Avatar

Thanks for the response Baskerville, but this is actually a new issue aside from whatever else people have been complaining about for 3 years.

Pets have largely worked the same way since the beginning, however there was a very recent change that essentially REVERSED the order of pet priority.

There are many posts that outline the issue well, but this one seems to explain it pretty fully:

Quote Originally Posted by DemondoomGT View Post
    What I wrote in a thread before it got merged

So before this new update, the order of importance of pets was eye pet > hat pet > pant pet > hand pet > neck pet. Where for example, death's scarf as a neck pet would be overridden by a hand pet as such as leashed silkworm and will show the silkworm leash instead of the scarf. After the new update, there is a new order which is is neck pet > hand pet > pants pet > hat pet, meaning death's scarf will appear instead of silkworm now.

Now some of you may ask: "What's the problem or the deal with this change?"
    While it may not be significant if you don't wear pets, but this change actually gets rid of a lot of purposes for certain pets. For example, haunted pants is a pants pet which is INVISIBLE without wearing spectral goggles. It was commonly used in a combo with a hand pet to have punch effects fly out from nowhere. Another common combo was the haunted pants + tamed looming triffid to have a massive ghost flying around you. After this, the hand pet overrides the ghost and haunted pants will basically do nothing. You wear a dragon and haunted pants? Dragon will show 100% of the time.

Another example of a "ruined" item is the spiritual resonator which was even recommended to use with other pets to have the ghost use punch effects such as fire from a dragon hand. Now what happens? Well hand pet has priority over hat pet and the resonator does nothing. whatever hand pet you're using appears instead and you can no longer pull off the combo from before.

tl:dr pets now work in different priorities and certain pet combos can't be executed
    As you can see, the order at which pets take priority has seemingly been reversed for some reason or another. This is a new issue, and I imagine it can probably be fixed as easily as it appeared, because Pet Priority still works exactly as it should... Just in reverse order!

Hey Boppi,

Quote Originally Posted by Boppi Von Finkledorf View Post
    Thanks for the response Baskerville, but this is actually a new issue aside from whatever else people have been complaining about for 3 years.

Pets have largely worked the same way since the beginning, however there was a very recent change that essentially REVERSED the order of pet priority.

There are many posts that outline the issue well, but this one seems to explain it pretty fully:

As you can see, the order at which pets take priority has seemingly been reversed for some reason or another. This is a new issue, and I imagine it can probably be fixed as easily as it appeared, because Pet Priority still works exactly as it should... Just in reverse order!
    Thanks for quoting some examples, I'll have a look!

~ Baskerville

Squire

Bumping again.
    Demons?
    What Demons?

Keeping this in folks' thoughts and minds until the rightful order is restored.

I'm sure they're working on it, but this should stay alive until it's confirmed for future update or is actually released.

Just going to bump this so it isn't forgotten or brushed under the rug until next time people start complaining about it.

Keep it alive until it's resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by EerieGt View Post
    Can we at least get a word from the devs on this. It has been pretty long since the problem appeared and it just needs to be reverted to how it was for 6 years.
    It can't stay that way, there are way too many items that their use has been lost with the current situation.

For people that still don't know what this is about. Neck pets are overriding all other slots and I think the priority order has completely been changed. Leaving items such as the eye of Growganoth or the spiritual resonator "robbed" of their original cause. To haunt your other pets giving them attack animations.

Even if you have it low on your to fix list just confirm you are looking into it.
    Yea I've noticed this too, and now my cute pet silkworm can't breathe fire and incinerate his enemies anymore .
    IGN - MineDeath
    If Anything is possible, then it's possible for it to be impossible for anything to be possible! .
    Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

Super Moderator

New month, new bump. Back from the dead.
    Welcome to the RTSoft Forums! Here's a quick overview of how the forums here work:

Help end the epidemic of giant signatures! Learn how to Spoiler Tag today!
    Join Secret Santa 2019!

Free b u m p, i just have hand pets for now but id rather not have this bug screw me over in the future

Discord: scr0nchi#1435
    Ign: ItzEaglet
    Main: EagsWorld
    Ig: @hey_im_eaglet

Please ignore the vibes my avatar is giving off

Pwease visit www.allureofnds.net :3as

Squire

And to no ones surprise, it's still not fixed. Thank you Ubisoft, very cool.

BUMP BUMP BUMP
    Demons?
    What Demons?

buMpING

my haunted pants is still overriden by a god damn balloon
    I'm weird and everyone is weird

IGN : xWeird | Discord : xWeird#3325

SECRET SANTA 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Baskerville View Post
    Ok Boomer, thanks for asking!

IDK, I just want this to be fixed so that my silkworm can burn everything in it's path once more . But let's remain pateint, I'm sure the team currently has bigger fish to fry, and they would eventually look into this matter in the near future.
    IGN - MineDeath
    If Anything is possible, then it's possible for it to be impossible for anything to be possible! .
    Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

Banned

so my rainbow dragon is over my pet rock? THERE IS NO EXCUSE FIX IT NOWWWWWW

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the report! At the moment, we're still investigating the issue and looking for a solution.

~ Pangloss

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangloss View Post
    Hi everyone!

Thanks for the report! At the moment, we're still investigating the issue and looking for a solution.

~ Pangloss
    I love you.
    Demons?
    What Demons?