Thread: Is it illegal to pass my account to my little brother?

Default Is it illegal to pass my account to my little brother?

Not sure if this is the right subforum.

Anyways, I'm done with Growtopia. I don't play it anymore.
    Now I was thinking of passing my account to my little brother.
    I posted my leave in the game on Instagram and mentioned passing my account to my little brother, now I was told by a friend that it's illegal to "trade accounts" now that got me confused as there is no trade involved (no money, no world locks are involved) and that this would get my account suspended.

I'm simply just passing my account to my little brother, as I've got no use for it and my items are just sitting on that account. So why not just give it to my brother. Can someone confirm if it is indeed illegal to give my account to a close relative of mine?
    Again, no money, no world locks are involved.
    IGN: WOOPZIE

Cursed

No, it is NOT legal even if it is your own blood..

Quote Originally Posted by Axzyte View Post
    No, it is NOT legal even if it is your own blood..
    Can I ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarodonyx View Post
    Can I ask why?
    Cuz Ubisoft said so... U need read the rules
    [ IGN ]: PandoRika
    [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

Quote Originally Posted by Recreate View Post
    Cuz Ubisoft said so... U need read the rules
    This was taken from Growtopian's Code.

Let's start with the first phrase.
    " Accounts that buy or sell Growtopia accounts, items outside the game for real money"

Again, no money, no world locks are involved. I'm just giving it to my brother.

"Accounts that are shared or rented to someone else. ...this causes issues when an account is punished and/or is found to be causing problems in the game."

Now, I'm giving my account to my brother, there will be no sharing or renting. i trust my brother with my account and everything he does. It's his account now, it's not mine anymore.

"Accounts that buy, sell or trade Growtopia accounts of in-game items. These transactions cause scam issues, giving other players bad experiences in dealing with other players in the game."

No transaction is happening. Just giving it to my little bro.

"...it is also your responsibility to make sure that your account and items are safe on your side by making sure to do the following:

* Do not rent or share your account to anyone. Any issue that transpires or any punishment given to the account when another player is using it will still be treated as the accounts' legitimate action and therefore will be dealt with using the usual process."

I trust my brother with my account. It's his problem now to whatever happens to the account. I don't think I'm doing anything illegal, well that's what I think and understand.

Yeah, it's legal. You can't get banned for it lol

Signature v9.0

Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png

From what you have explained above, I would say this is perfectly legal. However, it probably still sits in the grey area of the rules and isn't recommended.

To know for sure with your particular circumstance, I would reach out to support and ask them. You will need to make an Ubisoft account and then submit a support ticket here - make sure to give them as much information as you can in order to receive a proper answer.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 107
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarodonyx View Post
    Not sure if this is the right subforum.

Anyways, I'm done with Growtopia. I don't play it anymore.
    Now I was thinking of passing my account to my little brother.
    I posted my leave in the game on Instagram and mentioned passing my account to my little brother, now I was told by a friend that it's illegal to "trade accounts" now that got me confused as there is no trade involved (no money, no world locks are involved) and that this would get my account suspended.

I'm simply just passing my account to my little brother, as I've got no use for it and my items are just sitting on that account. So why not just give it to my brother. Can someone confirm if it is indeed illegal to give my account to a close relative of mine?
    Again, no money, no world locks are involved.
    To be sure, I advice you to just pass your items to your brother's account.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    From what you have explained above, I would say this is perfectly legal. However, it probably still sits in the grey area of the rules and isn't recommended.

To know for sure with your particular circumstance, I would reach out to support and ask them. You will need to make an Ubisoft account and then submit a support ticket here - make sure to give them as much information as you can in order to receive a proper answer.
    Thanks for the help. Just sent my ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post

No, It's not legal. It's illegal, support has said it many times that account sharing is illegal which also implies passing an account to another person. You will get banned for that if you do it.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

"no transaction will happen, I will only be giving it to my little brother"
    IGN: Ephus

Over 6 Years of in-game experience.

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Master Sorcerer

Of course it's technically frowned upon, but no one is stopping you from doing so, it's just a grey area.

on the matter of this, all my irl friends who I got to play growtopia quit, and left their newb accounts to me which I use as surgery alts. feelsbadman.

Just go for it.
    I can't change my past. Thats why I live in the present and fix my future.

Growtopian name- FurtherMaths

Quote Originally Posted by HugeLock View Post
    "no transaction will happen, I will only be giving it to my little brother"
    What's your point? Literally no transaction is happening. There's no exchange between me and my brother, there's no deal between us two.

If there is no RL transaction involved, then its probably legal, i'm not sure tho.

Account sharing is illegal indeed though; our main concern is account trading.

Ultimately we can't police your personal life with your family, however I strongly recommend not giving your Growtopia account to a younger sibling (for obvious reasons). Regardless, if the personal details remain the same, such as the email address, it'll still pretty much be considered to be owned by the owner of the email address.

Closing thread.