Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: Do You think the ban system is now cruel?

  1. #21
    Knight Helper_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Seth's House
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misthios View Post
    Nope, swearing won't get you "banned forever." In fact, swearing isn't illegal unless it meets other criteria (note, this isn't an entire list):
    • In a BC/CB/SB.
    • To a certain degree of being excessive.
    • Used to insult someone - this includes racist, homophobic terms etc.


    Dependent on the offence you'll likely either receive a silence, a broadcast ban or a short game-ban for the more severe situations.

    However, inappropriate stories never have been taken lightly and never will. Anything sexually-oriented has always been dealt with severely and it's not something we want in the game at all. It's blatantly clear that sexual-content isn't at all tolerated. Creating stories containing sexual content will lead to a suspension, and that won't change.

    Not many offences lead to a permanent suspension, but the ones that do are the ones that we - including Ubisoft - see as serious crimes. Hacking, DL/account trading, ban evading, extreme sexual content, exploiting game mechanics (such as tournament boosting, for example) & casino hosting are some of these crimes.
    how about if you had a world with bad story? and you closed it because it has bad story will you get perma suspension
    Hello!
    Instagram: @Idiot.cat
    Goals: to help people in forums, to get focused eyes, and to meet new peoples.

  2. #22
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helper_ View Post
    how about if you had a world with bad story? and you closed it because it has bad story will you get perma suspension
    I understand you are sad for your friend because he got banned. I understand you want to stand up for him/her. The reality is when you sign up for anything in life you should understand what your getting into. Every person with a Growtopia account must read and agree to the terms and rules listed.

    When you signed up for your account you agreed to the terms and rules. If you think it was unfair then you shouldn't have proceeded to make a Growtopia account.

    If you buy a car under contract and don't pay the bill it gets repossessed. It doesn't matter if your a good guy and fell on hard times. The car still gets taken.

    People sign up and breach the terms they agree to then they suffer penalties they agree with as well. It doesn't matter if they are good or bad people. It doesn't matter if they can change and say they won't breach terms again. What matters is they breached terms of service. You agreed that to play Growtopia and own an account that you won't do certain things with that account. It's that simple.

    This is a rule we all agreed with. "Your creations and items could be deleted at any time. We do everything on our power to prevent this, but data loss may happen without warning. Lost items cannot be restored." They can literally destroy my account and there is nothing I can do.

  3. #23
    Knight Helper_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Seth's House
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    I understand you are sad for your friend because he got banned. I understand you want to stand up for him/her. The reality is when you sign up for anything in life you should understand what your getting into. Every person with a Growtopia account must read and agree to the terms and rules listed.

    When you signed up for your account you agreed to the terms and rules. If you think it was unfair then you shouldn't have proceeded to make a Growtopia account.

    If you buy a car under contract and don't pay the bill it gets repossessed. It doesn't matter if your a good guy and fell on hard times. The car still gets taken.

    People sign up and breach the terms they agree to then they suffer penalties they agree with as well. It doesn't matter if they are good or bad people. It doesn't matter if they can change and say they won't breach terms again. What matters is they breached terms of service. You agreed that to play Growtopia and own an account that you won't do certain things with that account. It's that simple.

    This is a rule we all agreed with. "Your creations and items could be deleted at any time. We do everything on our power to prevent this, but data loss may happen without warning. Lost items cannot be restored." They can literally destroy my account and there is nothing I can do.
    there are big difference in rules between 2013 and now ok? he made his account during 2013 and mod gives u chance before which is good. but now meh and its a public game if they dont want us there then just say it and you have to stand up for yourself and others sometimes its not because they owns the game they could take away your hard work! lol? then they should have put in terms of condition "our mods could perma ban you unfairly and there is nothing you can do about it".
    Hello!
    Instagram: @Idiot.cat
    Goals: to help people in forums, to get focused eyes, and to meet new peoples.

  4. #24
    Master Sorcerer MineDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Malaysia
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misthios View Post
    Nope, swearing won't get you "banned forever." In fact, swearing isn't illegal unless it meets other criteria (note, this isn't an entire list):
    • In a BC/CB/SB.
    • To a certain degree of being excessive.
    • Used to insult someone - this includes racist, homophobic terms etc.


    Dependent on the offence you'll likely either receive a silence, a broadcast ban or a short game-ban for the more severe situations.

    However, inappropriate stories never have been taken lightly and never will. Anything sexually-oriented has always been dealt with severely and it's not something we want in the game at all. It's blatantly clear that sexual-content isn't at all tolerated. Creating stories containing sexual content will lead to a suspension, and that won't change.

    Not many offences lead to a permanent suspension, but the ones that do are the ones that we - including Ubisoft - see as serious crimes. Hacking, DL/account trading, ban evading, extreme sexual content, exploiting game mechanics (such as tournament boosting, for example) & casino hosting are some of these crimes.
    Yea, not all punishments would result in perma bans. But for the more serious rule breakers, there isn't really too much of a choice, for that is the only way they will learn.
    IGN - MineDeath
    If Anything is possible, then it's possible for it to be impossible for anything to be possible! .
    Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

  5. #25
    Master Sorcerer Pokekid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helper_ View Post
    there are big difference in rules between 2013 and now ok? he made his account during 2013 and mod gives u chance before which is good. but now meh and its a public game if they dont want us there then just say it and you have to stand up for yourself and others sometimes its not because they owns the game they could take away your hard work! lol? then they should have put in terms of condition "our mods could perma ban you unfairly and there is nothing you can do about it".
    Chances are not to be taken for granted. No wonder moderators/staff are so strict right now.
    "If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room." - Confucius
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting scars to prove we show for it." - Unknown


  6. #26
    Master Sorcerer Shawn Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helper_ View Post
    there are big difference in rules between 2013 and now ok? he made his account during 2013 and mod gives u chance before which is good. but now meh and its a public game if they dont want us there then just say it and you have to stand up for yourself and others sometimes its not because they owns the game they could take away your hard work! lol? then they should have put in terms of condition "our mods could perma ban you unfairly and there is nothing you can do about it".
    There are big differences between two independent developers who made a successful passion project and an actual gaming company that just bought the game because it's turning a profit. If you bought Growtopia you would have the power to make any changes you wanted.

    The rules have not changed. The level of enforcement of the rules has changed. If the rules had any changes there would have been a notification and everyone would have to hit some kind of I agree/I understand button to continue playing. With no notification and no prompt people could say they were unaware of changes.

    They are vague about punishments you receive on purpose. So then the severity of the ban is always at thier discretion. When they don't want you in the game they suspend your account there is no better way of saying they don't want you in the game than not being able to get into your account.

    You can stand up for yourself and your friend. This post still exists because they are allowing you to do that. I am only responding to the question you posed to the forums.

    My real answer is that I can not comment on fairness or justification of each person who received punishments. I only know that I have seen player bans reversed before.

    I can never say for certain if a person is guilty or not. I will never know for sure if the ban of a player was justified or not. That is because I won't ever have the details I would need to determine anything. I would need evidence to reach that kind of conclusion.

    You have given a second hand story about your friend and asking everyone to base thier opinion with nothing of substance to base that opinion on.

  7. #27
    Administrator Baskerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Hi all,

    I want to stress, as I had already in the past, whenever you feel a ban is unjust, please contact the Customer Support Team and appeal it. We're not going to guarantee to lift your punishment, however we're going to check if everything was done according to our policies. If not, we're going to adjust the ban duration or lift the ban immediately. But this won't make you immune to other infringements of course :P

    Only some Mods in the game are also working on support tickets, but if you complain about a moderator for example, we make sure that not the same person is going to work on the appeal to make this more fair. If you still feel that the final decision is unfair though, feel free to reach out to me.

    One of the most difficult issues we're facing is that whenever someone is publicly voicing their opinion about an “unjust” punishment, most of the time it turns out that it's simply not true. However since we take care to follow our rules, we won't publish logs or ticket information publicly, that's something we cannot and will never do. You can be assured that we don't like to ban anyone just because. Ultimately the more players we ban, the fewer players we have active in the game, which is a loos-loose scenario for everyone, except when it's bots!

    So please be fair and you can be expected to be treated fairly as well.

    ~ Baskerville

  8. #28
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Most unfair thing is ban for BFG world owners. Even mod 1.0 didn't accept this rule (they just ban autofarmers from bfg worlds and leave). Don't tell me that they are warning owners before they suspend them, i saw a lot of players that got 730days ban before got warning because of bfg worlds.

    If you really want to stop bfg autofarmers, make something like only world owner can take magplant remote..
    Last edited by Normelad; 11-04-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    Loading...

  9. #29
    Master Sorcerer HugeLock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    2,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Normelad View Post
    Most unfair thing is ban for BFG world owners. Even mod 1.0 didn't accept this rule (they just ban autofarmers from bfg worlds and leave). Don't tell me that they are warning owners before they suspend them, i saw a lot of players that got 730days ban before got warning because of bfg worlds.

    If you really want to stop bfg autofarmers, make something like only world owner can take magplant remote..
    1. It's a new rule that came into use a few months ago.
    2. The owners will be given warnings, but if they know that autofarmers are in the world, or they have a sign saying
    "auto allowed" or something, they will not be given any warnings.

    Autofarmers won't get any warnings.
    More about that here: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...nishment-Rules
    IGN: Ephus


    Over 6 Years of in-game experience.

    I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish and English.
    Feel free to talk to me in those languages!

    "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

  10. #30
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    With sexual stuff like story worlds, i really understand why ban is permanent. Why someone who made it even saved it? Just think scenario where your 8yo kid goes in world like that and read all? You think that is good for your own kid? Sure they could change ban to be 730 days, not real perma in case like this, but maybe they want know too, why anyone even builds world like that in a first place and why save it? How we can know that he wasn't gonna open in in some day and make sb? That is the problem. Can't just trust ppl. Sounds suspicion that he needed save it.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  11. #31
    Knight Helper_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Seth's House
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokekid123 View Post
    Chances are not to be taken for granted. No wonder moderators/staff are so strict right now.
    he never took it for granted he always go by the rule except that time because he suffered from depression!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    With sexual stuff like story worlds, i really understand why ban is permanent. Why someone who made it even saved it? Just think scenario where your 8yo kid goes in world like that and read all? You think that is good for your own kid? Sure they could change ban to be 730 days, not real perma in case like this, but maybe they want know too, why anyone even builds world like that in a first place and why save it? How we can know that he wasn't gonna open in in some day and make sb? That is the problem. Can't just trust ppl. Sounds suspicion that he needed save it.
    he was out of his normal mental state he was depressed and etc. so he made that world

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    There are big differences between two independent developers who made a successful passion project and an actual gaming company that just bought the game because it's turning a profit. If you bought Growtopia you would have the power to make any changes you wanted.

    The rules have not changed. The level of enforcement of the rules has changed. If the rules had any changes there would have been a notification and everyone would have to hit some kind of I agree/I understand button to continue playing. With no notification and no prompt people could say they were unaware of changes.

    They are vague about punishments you receive on purpose. So then the severity of the ban is always at thier discretion. When they don't want you in the game they suspend your account there is no better way of saying they don't want you in the game than not being able to get into your account.

    You can stand up for yourself and your friend. This post still exists because they are allowing you to do that. I am only responding to the question you posed to the forums.

    My real answer is that I can not comment on fairness or justification of each person who received punishments. I only know that I have seen player bans reversed before.

    I can never say for certain if a person is guilty or not. I will never know for sure if the ban of a player was justified or not. That is because I won't ever have the details I would need to determine anything. I would need evidence to reach that kind of conclusion.

    You have given a second hand story about your friend and asking everyone to base thier opinion with nothing of substance to base that opinion on.
    i am just standing up for him because i find it unfair and i dont like seeing unjustice/unfairness being done to my friend if they find this thread rebellious they could shut it down
    Hello!
    Instagram: @Idiot.cat
    Goals: to help people in forums, to get focused eyes, and to meet new peoples.

  12. #32
    Master Sorcerer Viju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helper_ View Post
    he never took it for granted he always go by the rule except that time because he suffered from depression!

    he was out of his normal mental state he was depressed and etc. so he made that world
    Depression is a serious issue even made a thread about it. However, you cannot blame his depression with his bad doing in-game - a bad doing is a bad doing no matter how you say it. The mods cannot just normally perma-ban worlds like that and let your friend out of the hook just because he has the said sickness. Sexual stuff is one of the red alert offences you can create in the game since not everybody who plays Growtopia is a matured adult - we need to be considerate to other people and who knows what they might feel seeing your friend's world. For me (and the majority here), the ban was just and fair.
    Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

    In-Game Name: Viju
    Content Moderator at Growtopia Wikia since November 23, 2018
    Discord Tag: Viju#7557
    Former Forum Name: Mijuki04
    IG: @onlinepricechecker

  13. #33
    Knight Helper_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Seth's House
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viju View Post
    Depression is a serious issue even made a thread about it. However, you cannot blame his depression with his bad doing in-game - a bad doing is a bad doing no matter how you say it. The mods cannot just normally perma-ban worlds like that and let your friend out of the hook just because he has the said sickness. Sexual stuff is one of the red alert offences you can create in the game since not everybody who plays Growtopia is a matured adult - we need to be considerate to other people and who knows what they might feel seeing your friend's world. For me (and the majority here), the ban was just and fair.
    but dont you get it the punishment is too harsh for a world like that like some people has world like that and got banned but not perma! also i know someone who just said something as bad as saying f*** you but he got perma banned but he emailed support and got the ban lifted to 60 days my point is there is a mod there who is punishing player way too harsh
    Hello!
    Instagram: @Idiot.cat
    Goals: to help people in forums, to get focused eyes, and to meet new peoples.

  14. #34
    Master Sorcerer SydeWeiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Neutron Star
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helper_ View Post
    but dont you get it the punishment is too harsh for a world like that like some people has world like that and got banned but not perma! also i know someone who just said something as bad as saying f*** you but he got perma banned but he emailed support and got the ban lifted to 60 days my point is there is a mod there who is punishing player way too harsh
    Quote Originally Posted by Baskerville View Post
    Hi all,
    Only some Mods in the game are also working on support tickets, but if you complain about a moderator for example, we make sure that not the same person is going to work on the appeal to make this more fair. If you still feel that the final decision is unfair though, feel free to reach out to me.
    ~ Baskerville
    Baskerville already said it, if you think a moderator is abusing his powers by not giving fair punishment but how he wishes and is pleased with then You can report it to the support. Everyone knows what is right and what is wrong. If someone made a world about sexual stuff when he actually knew about the rules... forbidding sexual stuff then he has to know that the punishment for it is bad...

    By the way, this is a kid's game. a little bit going above some of their ages but still bad to create those sorts of worlds. If your friend created a world like that and left it alone for a few days or a year but not destroying it then the punishment for it can still be harsh.
    IGN: SydeEvil
    Discord: SydeEvil#2924

  15. #35
    Master Sorcerer QueenChloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Off
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    Yep. My son was just 7yo when he started play this game. Sure he didn't read at that time and he doesn't speak english, but in some other country, kids start school earlier and speak english so it is extremely bad thing that worlds like that exists. We can't know what kids feels and thinks when reads sexual story. And think what happens if small kid tell for his parents that he read story like that in game named Growtopia. That would be big news in his country in worst case. Or at least i wouldn't let that go away if that would happen to my kid. So this issue is much more worst than your friend can even think. He could damage little kid and this game so of course ubisoft needs to protect their product from ppl like that.
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE


  16. #36
    Knight Helper_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Seth's House
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
    Yep. My son was just 7yo when he started play this game. Sure he didn't read at that time and he doesn't speak english, but in some other country, kids start school earlier and speak english so it is extremely bad thing that worlds like that exists. We can't know what kids feels and thinks when reads sexual story. And think what happens if small kid tell for his parents that he read story like that in game named Growtopia. That would be big news in his country in worst case. Or at least i wouldn't let that go away if that would happen to my kid. So this issue is much more worst than your friend can even think. He could damage little kid and this game so of course ubisoft needs to protect their product from ppl like that.
    the world was closed tho and he forgot he even owns it
    Hello!
    Instagram: @Idiot.cat
    Goals: to help people in forums, to get focused eyes, and to meet new peoples.

  17. #37
    Lesser Wizard Chronel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Rice Fields
    Posts
    180

    Default

    One of my friends got banned for having the word thot in his world. Also about the stories, it's not bad to have serious topics in a childrens' game. Just not too serious, things will get out of hand that way.
    IGN: Pentavus
    Level 60
    2015 player

  18. #38
    Knight Helper_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Seth's House
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    The good news is that Growtopia isn't the only game of it's kind that exist. I tried a game very similar to Growtopia and it's good quality. The experience was almost identical. They all still have rules and moderators.

    If you want a similar experience to Growtopia without rules and moderators I suggest Terraria and Junk Jack. They are games you have to buy but if you and a friend both own it you can play together. They are not massively multiplayer just multiplayer and don't have frequent updates and events.
    there is nothing like growtopia the graphics is way different i prefer growtopia's also all of our memory from 2013-2015(good years) are in growtopia.
    Hello!
    Instagram: @Idiot.cat
    Goals: to help people in forums, to get focused eyes, and to meet new peoples.

  19. #39
    Lesser Wizard NightmareAngels's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In your mind.
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Ik, this thread is old but it's funny how I was banned about a week ago for quote on quote "Inappropriate and harsh language" and anyone who doesn't believe me I would send a pic of the mod telling me this to support but I am not allowed to. Shows that the whole GT community/mods only care about famous people. You really think if someone like MrSongo was swearing they would perma ban him like they did to me? Then when I try to make a thread trying to get someone to help everyone says "Go contact support, we cant help you" but if it was someone famous they would be all over him trying to save his butt. And the thing that gets me the most: i was never even given a warning, I was silenced then a day later perma banned. That doesn't make much sense does it? Getting silenced and while silenced getting perma banned? Wasn't the silence a warning basically? I was never unsilenced so i couldn't have kept doing wrong and swearing? Just my opinion. Ik no one cares but just wanted to get it off my chest.
    Ign: BigBossKid

  20. #40
    Master Sorcerer GrowPixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Gliese 581 d
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightmareAngels View Post
    I was banned about a week ago for quote on quote "Inappropriate and harsh language" and anyone who doesn't believe me I would send a pic of the mod telling me this to support but I am not allowed to. Shows that the whole GT community/mods only care about famous people. You really think if someone like MrSongo was swearing they would perma ban him like they did to me?
    I don't know who spread th rumor, but it's totally wrong, even few months ago one famous youtuber got perma banned because of swearing, i don't really remember his name but he had around 70-100k subscribers. But also about your problem(if it's true (only swearing)), perma ban is too much i think, it's should be max 30days duct tape. So, they also ban famous players if they break the rules..
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

    My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •