Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 95

Thread: Changing Epic Quest Requirement

  1. #73
    Master Sorcerer Jisam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsKyan View Post
    no you dont get to comment, i know you supposedly have one epic quest left and u definitely didnt do the monthly one without a glitch
    LMAO. I’ve placed top 3 in over 100 challenges, and gotten #1 in 43 of them.
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4A...K6Dc_3N0hJGhYQ

  2. #74
    Master Sorcerer Law_Growtopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Land of Wano
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    "I do 300 surgeries daily"
    "one of the epic quests should be do 10,000 surgeries"

    "I have enough wls to rush through 5 legendary quests"
    "you should be required to finish 5 legendary steps"

    Imo it looks a lot like you're just trying to make sponsoring suit yourself. Very hypocritical
    Don't really know what you're implying. It takes around 33 days to finish those 10,000 surgeries (I've done that a long time ago btw but ok). Also, everyone is given equal opportunities in gt. I worked hard for this so It's only fair that i get rewarded at the end . I guess someone's jelly

    SPONSORING ITEMS SHOULD BE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DO OTHERWISE EVERY ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT. Especially with the new bfgs/vends and stuff it's EXTREMELY easy to get wls nowadays. Btw, over 15% of gt can finish those quests in like a maximum of 3 months so just because there aren't a lot of sponsored items yet It does not mean that it is "too hard" for everyone
    IGN: Law



    My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

    "Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

  3. #75
    Lesser Wizard hellfreezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Kentucky, U.S.
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    Don't really know what you're implying. It takes around 33 days to finish those 10,000 surgeries (I've done that a long time ago btw but ok). Also, everyone is given equal opportunities in gt. I worked hard for this so It's only fair that i get rewarded at the end . I guess someone's jelly

    SPONSORING ITEMS SHOULD BE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DO OTHERWISE EVERY ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT. Especially with the new bfgs/vends and stuff it's EXTREMELY easy to get wls nowadays. Btw, over 15% of gt can finish those quests in like a maximum of 3 months so just because there aren't a lot of sponsored items yet It does not mean that it is "too hard" for everyone
    I get your side, but your numbers seem a little (if not a lot) exaggerated. I don't think 15/100 people can get 3 l items in 3 months. Let alone finish all the rest. But his point was originally about the equal opportunity, in this case it wasn't there.

  4. #76
    Master Sorcerer Law_Growtopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Land of Wano
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellfreezer View Post
    I get your side, but your numbers seem a little (if not a lot) exaggerated. I don't think 15/100 people can get 3 l items in 3 months. Let alone finish all the rest. But his point was originally about the equal opportunity, in this case it wasn't there.
    It is actually possible to do that in 3 months. Also, the people I'm referring to have actually worked for their wls. What he's basically saying is: "oh noooooo! I keep on wasting my wls for nothing because I don't even finish while being on the top 3 leaderboards".
    IGN: Law



    My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

    "Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

  5. #77
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    It is actually possible to do that in 3 months. Also, the people I'm referring to have actually worked for their wls. What he's basically saying is: "oh noooooo! I keep on wasting my wls for nothing because I don't even finish while being on the top 3 leaderboards".
    I can't take you for full if you're going to attack me personally like that after having been called out.
    Either you respect my opinion and attack my arguments, or you stay out of this discussion.
    Everything you're saying seems extremely exaggerated, unrealistic and very out of the blue.
    Almost, as if you're trying to troll.

  6. #78
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Bringing it up again

  7. #79
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    682

    Default

    It would be nice if the devs do change the achievement to "Weekly Challenge" since I would also have completed it if that were the case, but I don't really care too much. I would say that 30 challenge wins is a pretty fair sum considering the huge number of sponsors if it were any easier (as can be seen from the number of sponsorers that didn't have the monthly challenge achievement) I was at 2 daily challenge wins last month, and exactly 1 month later (today) I had 8 daily challenge wins. At this rate I'll probably get the achievement done by the end of this year.

    If the higher ups decide not to change this achievement/sponsoring requirements (highly likely considering it's been 3 months), and you really really REALLY want a sponsor, I recommend you to go buy a mobile device for playing daily challenges. I mean, it's kinda hard to believe that you don't already have a phone that is capable of playing growtopia in the first place. Familiarise yourself with the controls, and you can start playing daily challenges like Star Strife or Doctor's Duel right away and very possibly win them. The new daily challenge (Treasure Turmoil, or "map dc") is also a viable way to claim challenge wins if you prepare enough beforehand.

    - - - Updated - - -

    For group daily challenges like Boo Blast or Crystal Crusher, you can go join a trustworthy guild/find trustworthy friends to help you with the daily challenge. I myself had the fortune of having great guild mates at ANCIENTS to help me with the boo blast daily challenge, and another guild mate of mine might decide to participate in crystal crusher and enlist the help of others. For these daily challenges, it all boils down to connections, just like in real life.

    The rest of the challenges can also be easily prepared for (might be wl wasting but still easy). A daily challenge player like you might already know how to prepare for them, but I'll still include how to win them in case some people flame me for telling them it's quite easy when I might not even know how to do them. I'll arrange them in order of most skill based to most pay to win.

    Chemical Conundrum is honestly a very hard daily challenge, just don't do this unless you practice a lot like Solarex or Parkeigt, or if you just want the chemical coat from the guild daily challenge.
    Radiation Race is easy to win IF it's geiger day + there's less than 3 geiger gods participating, just find a subserver without people by entering random populated worlds that you know of and then joining GEIGERHILLS again. I'm assuming you're good at radiation race judging by your posts on this thread, so on normal days with the daily challenge, you should just switch subservers the moment you see more than 3 people in your GEIGERHILLS world.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Carnie Contest has the same strategy as above, just switch subservers if you see toxic people in your carnival world, and play games like Mirror Maze or Death Race.
    War of Wolves requires a lot of concentration + some amount of wolf whistles, so if you are unable to complete a wolfworld in at most 2 and a half minutes for 2 hours straight, then you shouldn't do this daily challenge. If you get distracted that's all the more reason not to do this daily challenge.
    Card Clash requires you to prepare at least 150 of each card and at least 200 crime waves. You also need to finish each supervillain within 8-15 turns to have a chance at top 3. Go try out some supervillains yourself with the basic deck (Incinerate, Frozen Mirror, Super Speed, Regeneration, Megawatt Pulse) and adjust your deck as necessary for all of the villains or go read up on guides on how to kill supervillains.
    Chef Showdown and Mutant Kitchen require you to prepare materials for cooking poop pies and at least 24 ovens. I've personally never tried cooking before, but with some amount of practice I believe getting the timings right can be as simple as memorizing tool sequences for startopia or surgery.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Battler's Beatdown requires a lot of wls + a good deck. If you search hard enough on google or ask pet battlers nicely you can find out a good deck for this daily challenge and with a bit of luck, you might not even need to fight a lot of pet trainers for a win.
    Fish Frenzy is a daily challenge you know how to do, so I won't go into detail. Basically use candy cane baits + other items that boost your lb.

    I haven't seen a real strategy on how to win Malady Mash, last time it happened 1st place had 15k points (approx 400? maladies). I am assuming it has something to do with illegal things like torn punching muscle botting. Either that or people SB a lot and find people with a torn punching muscle malady.

    As you can see, it definitely isn't difficult to claim a win in daily challenges. Sure, some daily challenges might have more people participating/spending more wls to win because of the guild challenge update, but other daily challenges that require skill still has the same old few people doing them. I really don't want to say this because it's not really nice, but really, get good.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, regarding the point about you not having enough time to do daily challenges, if you have been playing ~40 daily challenges for the past good half of the year, I believe that you should have enough time during weekends to play daily challenges. You have 104 days of weekends in a year for daily challenges, and out of the 104 days if you even spend 30 days playing and winning daily challenges you should be able to finish this achievement in a year. Again, sponsoring shouldn't be so easy after all.
    ign: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

  8. #80
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    682

    Default

    I reread your argument for a bit.

    First off, the inequality thing is just a matter of luck, and we happen to not benefit from this glitch. However, just because other people went through perhaps unethical measures to achieve the 100 achievements, it does not mean that others who didn't manage to get the epic quest should ask for compensations from it either. (which is what you are trying to advocate for, lessening the difficulty of the achievement because someone else got the sponsor without the 30 daily challenges)

    Secondly, I am very sure that the 100 achievements is not the hardest epic quest/black sheep of all epic quests either. Whatever happened to having to own 3 legendary items? Or owning all 11 ringmaster rings? I myself spent a whole 3 years to get enough wls just to obtain 3 legendary items, and another 1 and a half year just to finish the ringmaster quests for all rings. And by your logic, if we decrease the difficulty of this epic quest, another epic quest will become the "black sheep" soon enough. This just leads to a slippery slope argument where you can't really define what's "hard" and what's not.

    Thirdly, daily challenges stop depending on luck once you spend enough time preparing for all of them. If you don't have a phone, seriously go get one. It helps a lot. Also, out of the 30 days in a month, 10 days are dedicated to special daily challenges (Carnie Contest, Boo Blast, Mutant Kitchen, Battler's Beatdown, Radiation Race, Doctor's Duel). They are predictable in a sense.
    ign: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

  9. #81
    Master Sorcerer Corrects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    :^)
    Posts
    3,170

    Default

    Or just make guild daily challenges count into monthly challenger lol
    Removed img, please make it smaller. - Corrects

  10. #82
    Master Sorcerer Lopyhupis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lidl (Kesa on crazy)
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Honestly, the daily challenge system needs to be rethought. Mainly due to its absurd unfairness towards the people with #No-Life
    CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

    ART CONTEST 1DL Prize!

    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ed-Art-Contest)




  11. #83
    Master Sorcerer IamIm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopyhupis View Post
    Honestly, the daily challenge system needs to be rethought. Mainly due to its absurd unfairness towards the people with #No-Life
    Unfairness towards people with no life, ie unfairness towards people who put aside time to practise for a specific challenge so that they may increase their odds in winning that challenge? Dang, now that you say it, i can definitely see how practicing would make something unfair.
    IGN: IamIM
    level: 116/125
    Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
    Discord - I_am_Im#2066

  12. #84
    Master Sorcerer DeLixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Responding to BladeGamer:

    It's nice to see that you had such a positive experience with your supportive guild, but that's not the norm, rather the exception and should therefore not be a hidden requirement for a lot of daily challenges.

    As for using a phone for daily challenges that require you to interact a lot with windows ( sugery, cooking, startopia ) I guess you're not that wrong, but since these are usually reaction based I'd have to re-learn a lot, which would put me into a huge disadvantage per default.
    I'll avoid those for now, as participating and practicing isn't exactly cheap by any means.
    The cost of getting into most activities in gt is just too high, so many people don't even try and complain, that there's nothing to do.
    Kind of a very general "growtopia" problem now that I think about it.
    Thank you for the advice though.

    What challenges are left aren't a lot and they still leave me with two huge issues: Unpredictability and unreasonability.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle905 View Post
    The real issue is the inconsistency with time zones and challenge duration IMO, finding a two hour period where you have nothing to do during a lucky time zone slot hoping it’s not a group focused quest is almost impossible.
    You don't know what challenge occurs when. So even if you manage to schedule the two hours plus preparation there's a good chance it's a challenge you're not proficient at, which is VERY stressful and frustrating.
    The guild challenges which afaik occur twice a day are way more forgiving.

    The difference in effort between someone who has to do the 100 classic achievements quest and someone who doesn't is massive.
    You make it seem like it's something on the scale of your mother giving your older brother a higher allowance, when it's more like you having to pay twice the rent as any of your neighbours, who moved in at a time when your governement forgot to include a major tax.
    They realise they made a huge mistake, but they don't want to own up to it, so they evade and ignore you and continue tolerating new neighbours' tax exclusions.
    You might be underestimating the amount of people that sponsored without that quest, despite it clearly being a requirement.
    A compensation in the form of better balancing isn't brazen, but fairness.

    As for the quest being the toughest of them all: I might have (purposely) exaggerated a bit, but it sure as hell is a contender for that spot.
    The "black sheep quest" is not a slippery-slope argument, as the situation for this quest is very specific and could not be applied to other epic quests.
    This does not mean, that all other quests or achievements are well balanced and should not be changed though, as we have seen with the "best of all worlds" achievement.

    The large amount of challenges dedicated to events (like the special activity day) are not a good thing though per se, as it just causes certain challenges to occur very often and others very rarely.
    Especially not, when considering, that the special day event bonuses don't have any influence on the challenges.
    Daily challenges only stop depending on luck when you don't have any responsibilities in real life, don't sleep, always contend against the same people, always contend against the same amount of people as everyone else, have neverending wealth to simply try again if you lose, always get the same conditions, can afford to prepare for every kind of daily challenge and have the will to practice every challenge to top contender.
    Last edited by DeLixx; 02-29-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •