Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changing Epic Quest Requirement

Default Changing Epic Quest Requirement

It's been some time since the daily guild challenges released and I think it's time to reflect a bit about them.
    Specifically I want to talk about the epic quest requirement "Monthly Challenge (Classic Achievement)", which requires you to place within the top 3 in a daily challenge (personal) 30!! times.
    Now there've been a few sponsors recently, so it should be doable, right?
    False! Many people glitched their "Get all 100 classic achievements" epic quest and yes, they still sponsored.

Now, I was on a break during that time so I didn't get a chance to glitch it (and probably wouldn't have done so consciously anyway), so since about 3/4 of a year I've been trying to achieve it legitimately whenever I could.
    I am currently at 13% (which is 4 daily challenges), while I participated in maybe 35.
    The Monthly Challenge Achievement is (techinically) my last classic achievement.
    Mind you I don't have school holidays and as such have to make a lot of time to participate, partly even trying to participate after midnight (great idea, considering the concentration, I know...), since there's fewer participants.
    So far despite my slow pace I felt like I made progress, ... well, until the guild challenge update anyway.
    It feels like there's just tens of times more participants now.
    While before I would usually rank at a spot, where I felt that I could make up the gap by practicing, as to now I operate on surg-es until my hand hurts and further, spend 50 legal briefs and at least 50 surgery packs I am nowhere close to even being ranked (Effectively lost half a month of profit just for a miserably failed daily challenge attempt). An attempt, that in the end doesn't even count.
    Wolfworld is full with people, which is VERY distracting.
    BOO Blast is a group activity (impossible to win against a guild per default).
    In Crystal Crusher people can "prepare" harmonised crystals for others (impossible to win alone per default), not to mention how expensive it is (dont forget to multiply AT LEAST times 30!!, though likely times 100)
    Fishing Frenzy is hated upon for some reason and due to the inexistence of a fishing day (I think) it feels like it occurs maybe twice a month and usually outside of my available time
    etc etc.

tldr; Winning daily challenges has just become many times harder, which makes getting the respective epic quest quite frankly impossible.

Please understand, that while most of you might not care since you're not going do the epic quests anyway or already have the glitched quest, it matters to us few.

I highly suggest to change that achievement with another one.
    Growpixel already noticed this a week ago and suggested some really interesting ideas regarding this issue that I'd like to advert:
    You'll find his post here.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    Now there've been a few sponsors recently, so it should be doable, right?
    False! Many people glitched their "Get all 100 classic achievements" epic quest and yes, they still sponsored.

--Winning daily challenges has just become many times harder, which makes getting the respective epic quest quite frankly impossible.
    --Please understand, that while most of you might not care since you're not going do the epic quests anyway or already have the glitched quest, it matters to us few.
    I can't agree more! Last 4-5 sponsors just glitched their 100 classic achievements epic quest and they got their items. Also it's ten time harder than before with Guild Challenges update. Now 20-30 guild members push one player to get top 3 personal reward.. And as you said, i hope players who are not interested in epic quest understand us, 'it matters to us few'.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    I highly suggest to change that achievement with another one.
    Growpixel already noticed this a week ago and suggested some really interesting ideas regarding this issue that I'd like to advert:
    You'll find his post here.
    Thank you, i hope devs reply something about it.
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Achievement Rewards Update!

Just get better.
    Ign: Kelmii
    My world: Kelmii

Parkourist

Big Goals:
    LVL 5 ancestral Seed Of Life: ✔

LVL 5 ancestral tesseract of dimensions: ✔

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmii View Post
    Just get better.
    Example from today's challenge Doctor's Dual; You need to perform 530-580 surgery in 2hours for top 3 personal.(22k points). That's like 4-5surgery per minute for 2 HOURS!(13 seconds per successful surgery). Do you think you can get better at this? It's just example from today's challenge, all of others same as this, except fishing right now..

NGL that Achievement should be Diamond-Status.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Support my Dolphin Suit suggestion please:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Set&p=4137275

yes make it daily or guild challenge so that its doable

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
    INK

Lesser Wizard

It's called "Epic" for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Flise View Post
    But Epic is not impossible as it is right now...
    Does anyone actually read this?

Then they should change it to "Ridiculous"
    IGN: CandleJack

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmii View Post
    Just get better.
    I mean, you can ignore my arguments and just write whatever you feel like on sand, but I don't think that's very productive.

To repeat myself:
    Tons of people were able to sponsor without having to complete that achievement at all
    => Huge inequality

The Achievement has now become unfathomably more difficult and expensive to achieve (see my post as to why)
    => Dark sheep between all epic quests

Not just winning, but participating in a daily challenge naturally depends a lot on luck
    => Inability to influence results

=>
    Sponsoring without the glitch can be considered impossible (,or ridiculous at the very least)
    Last edited by DeLixx; 11-05-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Lesser Wizard

participate when there is 8-9k players online

participate when there is 8-9k players online
    I think that there's a reason for few people being online during certain times.
    Maybe because it's night time for most people and they have to sleep?
    But yeah, please try it out to see if it makes a difference apart from reduced concentration on your part.

Please don't try to look for ways to make this look like it'll work without changes. Because it won't.

If we're going by that logic, then "Legendary" should rank higher than "Epic", and there should therefore be no reason for any Epic Quest to be harder than any Legendary Quest.

ok y'all the pics back

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Lesser Wizard

Maybe change to get top 5 or top 10 and show the top 10
    Last edited by JINYOUNG0922; 11-06-2019 at 03:30 AM.
    IGN: JINYOUNG0922

Make a new road questline called something with the word "Ultimate Road". To really challenge a player without him/her cheesing on it
    Player's Name: INVSIBILITY
    Level: 48/125
    Come Join Secret Santa 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    I can't agree more! Last 4-5 sponsors just glitched their 100 classic achievements epic quest
    The achievement was "Earn 100 achievements" at one point after they added the newer ones so we can't be blamed for it.
    I have not glitched my "Best of all worlds" achievement & earned it back in 2014 while everyone keeps earning for free by literally entering random worlds. But no one talks about that?
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    The achievement was "Earn 100 achievements" at one point after they added the newer ones so we can't be blamed for it.
    I don't really blame who got their sponsored items with 100 achievements glitch. I just see it as unfair. In this 1,5 years nobody completed it without that glitch. This should change!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    I have not glitched my "Best of all worlds" achievement & earned it back in 2014 while everyone keeps earning for free by literally entering random worlds. But no one talks about that?
    Because <Best of All Possible Worlds> achievement not that hard to get, you just have to keep broadcasting with your friend for an hour when growtopia time reset, thats all. Also can you really compare 30 Daily challenges with Best of all worlds achievements?

I agree that most chals are nearly completely pay to win like crystal crusher (just use black crystals, get a team of players), fishing (candy cane bait)
    Some are not as bad but are still heavily influenced by the number of wls you are winning to spend on items like legals, starships and other expensive items.

However it is good to see that more people are participating in the challenge. It's meant to be competitive and before the update it was the same 3 people dominating the leaderboards.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowPixel View Post
    I don't really blame who got their sponsored items with 100 achievements glitch. I just see it as unfair. In this 1,5 years nobody completed it without that glitch. This should change!

Because <Best of All Possible Worlds> achievement not that hard to get, you just have to keep broadcasting with your friend for an hour when growtopia time reset, thats all. Also can you really compare 30 Daily challenges with Best of all worlds achievements?
    It is actually impossible now due to the massive traffic of certain trade worlds. It doesn't sound like you've even tried or have past experience so nobody can take your word on that.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69

that achievement is indeed a bit absurd. i myself got the epic quest by getting 100+ achievements. (my goal wasn’t even getting the epic quest back then, i just like collecting achievements so i rushed some easier ones)

im pretty close to sponsoring, but i wouldnt be if i didnt have that epic quest done.

also on the topic of the best of all possible worlds achievement, i got that one in 2014 from winning wotd. do not think it would be possible to get it nowadays if the whatever bug didnt exist where pretty much everyone has it now