Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Changing Epic Quest Requirement

Lesser Knight

I personally think this achievement is okay, but maybe requires some balancing. I havent won daily challenge many times, nor am i saying that this achievement is an easy one to get. But i strongly believe that there should be some limiting factor to sponsoring an item, which is not wealth. One of the most prominent limiting factor is the 3 legendary item achievement , which already depends on wealth. There should be one that depends on skill/effort, and I think this daily challenge achievement is just that. Sponsoring is not for anybody. It has to take into account many factors other than wealth.

However, i do agree that 30 daily challenges is too extreme. I suggest it to be lowered to 10-20 or so that top 5 counts towards this achievement.

There are also daily challenges that take less skill, such as boo blast and fishing. So that may be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
    I personally think this achievement is okay, but maybe requires some balancing. I havent won daily challenge many times, nor am i saying that this achievement is an easy one to get. But i strongly believe that there should be some limiting factor to sponsoring an item, which is not wealth. One of the most prominent limiting factor is the 3 legendary item achievement , which already depends on wealth. There should be one that depends on skill/effort, and I think this daily challenge achievement is just that. Sponsoring is not for anybody. It has to take into account many factors other than wealth.

However, i do agree that 30 daily challenges is too extreme. I suggest it to be lowered to 10-20 or so that top 5 counts towards this achievement.

There are also daily challenges that take less skill, such as boo blast and fishing. So that may be an option.
    Your arguments have already been answered in previous posts.
    I recommend you read those first.

Lesser Knight

Already read them all before i posted. Just because people have already brought up my argument does not make it any less strong of a point. I recommend you to actually try and become good at a challenge. Top 3 isnt too hard to get. Thats just how it is; if you can't do all the achievements, you don't deserve a sponsor.

Already read them all before i posted. Just because people have already brought up my argument does not make it any less strong of a point.
    Your opinion-based argument has not only been brought up multiple times by different people at this point, but it has even been answered with stronger (mostly) fact-based counter-arguments multiple times by different people.
    As such I see no value gained in this discussion by your post.

I recommend you to actually try and become good at a challenge. Top 3 isnt too hard to get.
    Pease read my first two posts to see why the opposite may be the case.
    Telling us we should "actually try" when you don't know how much time and money we've already wasted on daily challenges is quite ignorant and rude.

Thats just how it is; if you can't do all the achievements, you don't deserve a sponsor.
    So you're suggesting, that all people, who sponsored recently (last 1.5-2 years) without all classic-achievements completed should get their sponsorship revoked?
    Or are you just being extremely bias?

Lesser Knight

Your main point is that 30 daily challenge wins is too hard. Yet there are people with over 50 challenge wins. If they can do it, what makes you think you can't? The people mentioned above aren't even insanely rich nor are they using alot of wls to win. They just dedicate time to practicing and getting better. Even if it is hard, isn't that the point of sponsoring?

As for the people who obtained the epic quest through a glitch, nothing can be done about them. The past is in the past. Realistically, everyone had an equal chance to get a shortcut to the epic quest. It is not anyone's fault that the opportunity was missed.

Your main point is that 30 daily challenge wins is too hard.
    You have to consider, that we're not talking about a seperate epic quest, but instead about one of the 100 classic achievements.
    The difficulty of this achievement should orient itself around the other achievements, which it doesn't at all.
    Then again I'd say it's one of my three main arguments.

Yet there are people with over 50 challenge wins. If they can do it, what makes you think you can't? The people mentioned above aren't even insanely rich nor are they using alot of wls to win. They just dedicate time to practicing and getting better.
    So there's people that dedicated their entire growtopia career to daily challenges. In a bell curve of skills they're at the very extreme, the one in twenty thousand.
    And they aren't even that far off of the requirements of this achievements as you'd expect
    The amount of people that have the wealth, dedication and "skills" to sponsor and have also won 30 daily challenges should be close to null.

The time investement required to realistically win 30 skill-based daily challenges solo after the guild challenge update should be in the hundreds of hours.
    For some probably not that far off the four digits.
    Imagine playing a moba and trying to beat grandmasters.
    You're trying for that low chance at winning.

It's not just about practicing daily challenges, but instead mostly about how random and unpredictable everything is.
    Finding time to participate is already extremely tough.
    Sometimes entire months have to be skipped, because the challenge rotations don't align with your free time, or the chosen challenge isn't one that you have confidence in winning.
    Imagine waking up on the first day in weeks that you can participate and it's ghost day, which is impossible to win by yourself.
    And the day after it's carnival, which has many more participants than usual.

Even if it is hard, isn't that the point of sponsoring?
    Sponsoring is the ultimate goal of this game.
    Its difficulty is something that can be adjusted.
    Right now it needs adjustement.

As for the people who obtained the epic quest through a glitch, nothing can be done about them.
    As I've said previously:
    From a programmers point of view this could've been accomplished by a sql query.
    It is still very realistic to recalculate everyones classic-achievement-quest, though I think no one wants that.

The past is in the past.
    We're talking about all timelines.
    Past, present and future.

Realistically, everyone had an equal chance to get a shortcut to the epic quest. It is not anyone's fault that the opportunity was missed.
    Different to an iotm for example was it in no shape or form obvious, that it would be handled the way it was.
    There was no "opportunity" to speak of.
    Just those lucky few that happened to have a lot of achievements already.
    I bet most didn't even care about it at that point, because they didn't expect they'd eventually want to sponsor.
    Last edited by DeLixx; 01-15-2020 at 02:49 PM.

I would really like a response to this.

Lesser Knight

Why hope for change in epic quest? Just do the 30 challenges. If doing the challenges is part of the step, then it means that they want u to do it. Some challenges are not that hard to win.

Yet the opposition keeps bringing up the point that some people got it for free. For the last time, that was due to a bug and was rightfully fixed.
    Last edited by Curiosity; 01-30-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Why hope for change in epic quest? Just do the 30 challenges. If doing the challenges is part of the step, then it means that they want u to do it. Some challenges are not that hard to win.

Yet the opposition keeps bringing up the point that some people got it for free. For the last time, that was due to a bug and was rightfully fixed.
    You're starting to repeat yourself and being very nebulous.
    Which challenges are not that hard to win 30 times?
    Did you actually win multiple daily challenges recently by yourself, or are you just spouting nonsense?
    Does "them wanting us to do it" really justify anything at all, why?
    If it has been fixed, how come people still have the epic quest, but not all classic achievements?
    Did someone even sponsor without that "bug". If so, then who is it and how many are there compared to how many sponsored with it while only considering sponsors after the glitch and keeping the changes the guild challenges brought with them in mind.

It could use a change for the simple fact that daily challenges have changed. There are countless examples of things being changed in this game, take for instance the legendary dragon quest. Wotd trophies change and Ubisoft decided to change the quest because of that. We have added guild challenges why can't they count? Everyone understands the it's a bug argument but the point is that is arguably the hardest epic quest there is and what you can't argue is that some people have sponsored items that wouldn't have (at least not as fast) had they not got that.

And I would like to see if anyone has images from before the achievements were added because I believe the epic quest used to say complete all achievements, and after the update the text was changed to complete 100 achievements. I may be completely wrong. But if I'm not, that doesn't reflect a bug to me.

Talking Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    It's been some time since the daily guild challenges released and I think it's time to reflect a bit about them.
    Specifically I want to talk about the epic quest requirement "Monthly Challenge (Classic Achievement)", which requires you to place within the top 3 in a daily challenge (personal) 30!! times.
    Now there've been a few sponsors recently, so it should be doable, right?
    False! Many people glitched their "Get all 100 classic achievements" epic quest and yes, they still sponsored.

Now, I was on a break during that time so I didn't get a chance to glitch it (and probably wouldn't have done so consciously anyway), so since about 3/4 of a year I've been trying to achieve it legitimately whenever I could.
    I am currently at 13% (which is 4 daily challenges), while I participated in maybe 35.
    The Monthly Challenge Achievement is (techinically) my last classic achievement.
    Mind you I don't have school holidays and as such have to make a lot of time to participate, partly even trying to participate after midnight (great idea, considering the concentration, I know...), since there's fewer participants.
    So far despite my slow pace I felt like I made progress, ... well, until the guild challenge update anyway.
    It feels like there's just tens of times more participants now.
    While before I would usually rank at a spot, where I felt that I could make up the gap by practicing, as to now I operate on surg-es until my hand hurts and further, spend 50 legal briefs and at least 50 surgery packs I am nowhere close to even being ranked (Effectively lost half a month of profit just for a miserably failed daily challenge attempt). An attempt, that in the end doesn't even count.
    Wolfworld is full with people, which is VERY distracting.
    BOO Blast is a group activity (impossible to win against a guild per default).
    In Crystal Crusher people can "prepare" harmonised crystals for others (impossible to win alone per default), not to mention how expensive it is (dont forget to multiply AT LEAST times 30!!, though likely times 100)
    Fishing Frenzy is hated upon for some reason and due to the inexistence of a fishing day (I think) it feels like it occurs maybe twice a month and usually outside of my available time
    etc etc.

tldr; Winning daily challenges has just become many times harder, which makes getting the respective epic quest quite frankly impossible.

Please understand, that while most of you might not care since you're not going do the epic quests anyway or already have the glitched quest, it matters to us few.

I highly suggest to change that achievement with another one.
    Growpixel already noticed this a week ago and suggested some really interesting ideas regarding this issue that I'd like to advert:
    You'll find his post here.
    To be honest I like them how they are I know they are hard and expensive but that's what makes it challenging and fun
    I believe in making the impossible possible, because there's no fun in giving up ❤😉
    I might not be where I want to be yet but I get closer everyday ❤🤗

Quote Originally Posted by ThePsyborg View Post
    We are looking into a solution for this.
    Hey, you're probably quite busy, but did you have the chance to discuss this yet?
    It'd be great if this matter could be resolved soon-ish